PDA

View Full Version : Cramps question

Crunchbar
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
my buddy on my bball team is always saying he gets cramps in the foot, what does he need to eat to help with cramping?

ozigal
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
is he taking in enough sodium, potassium and magnesium? Is he drinking enough fluids? His electrolyte balance is probably imbalanced when he's playing bball so he can try drinking an electrolyte solution while he trains. This should help.

lafemmeforte
11-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I got terrible foot cramps last week during swimming, but I've been eating a banana a day and drinking plenty of water. This week I'm fine.

flyingarmbar
11-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Could have nothing to do with diet, and just really be something wrong with his foot. Everyone once and a while I get a horrific cramping in either of my feet and if I'm walking, I'll almost certainly fall down if I don't find somewhere to sit. It feels like my foot is in a vice and is caving in on itself, with the muscles spasming and stuff. Ask him if that's what it is. If so, probably a chiropractor would be of more use.

To the poster above: the worst I've ever been hit by the foot cramping was this past summer while swimming. It happened like THREE ****ING TIMES in less than an hour. My foot was sore for like a week and I was limping for a while after.

Crunchbar
11-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Could have nothing to do with diet, and just really be something wrong with his foot. Everyone once and a while I get a horrific cramping in either of my feet and if I'm walking, I'll almost certainly fall down if I don't find somewhere to sit. It feels like my foot is in a vice and is caving in on itself, with the muscles spasming and stuff. Ask him if that's what it is. If so, probably a chiropractor would be of more use.

To the poster above: the worst I've ever been hit by the foot cramping was this past summer while swimming. It happened like THREE ****ING TIMES in less than an hour. My foot was sore for like a week and I was limping for a while after.

ouch no i dont htink he shares ur problem, He gets it mostly after running

To other posters, what is proper electrolyte consumtption? What should i recomend he ate and how much

ozigal
11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
go to a pharmacy and get an electrolyte solution. Like someone said bananas are good (potassium)

jack.UK
11-21-2006, 02:01 PM
i have heard that tonic water is good for cramps

user9438904904
11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
taurine...3-5g before activity...could help