PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder

annex75
11-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi, i'm a little confused.. where do you usually find whey protein products?? or protein powder.. i live in Malaysia..but i want to know what sort of shops sell this kind of products? Is it in regular supermarkets (e.g. Tesco), pharmacies or special health food stores (e.g. GNC)?

I'm planning to make my own protein shakes and the recipes i found online mention protein powder as one of the main ingredients.. another thing i'm not sure about is whether the protein powder here actually refer to those whey protein products as sold by GNC, etc...but i doubt it because the whole idea of making our own protein shakes is to keep on tight budget..

Please help..Tq.

combs08
11-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Just order them from BB.com. It's one of the cheapest places.

-Combs-

flyingarmbar
11-18-2006, 08:49 AM
To answer your question, yes you can easily find them in health stores (GNC, etc.).

Jade_Steel_Hawk
11-18-2006, 09:22 AM
i get mine from Target or Walmart..not exactly high class stores but they got what I want

jpadilla
11-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi, i'm a little confused.. where do you usually find whey protein products?? or protein powder.. i live in Malaysia..but i want to know what sort of shops sell this kind of products? Is it in regular supermarkets (e.g. Tesco), pharmacies or special health food stores (e.g. GNC)?

I'm planning to make my own protein shakes and the recipes i found online mention protein powder as one of the main ingredients.. another thing i'm not sure about is whether the protein powder here actually refer to those whey protein products as sold by GNC, etc...but i doubt it because the whole idea of making our own protein shakes is to keep on tight budget..

Please help..Tq.
Yeah, you'll find them at GNC but their prices are usually sky-high, try ordering from BB.com if you can.

annex75
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
So, sounds like the 'protein powder' mentioned in the recipes actually refers to those sold at regular health stores...so what then is so special about 'making our own protein shake' to save money if it's just the same as buying the ready protein shake powder from the health stores??

e.g. http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Perfect-$1-Protein-Shake&id=187567

X-Mark-X
11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Well typically when someone refers to a protein shake they just mean a scoop or two of whey in either milk or water. What that website is referring to is more of a weight gainer shake really. It's packed full of protein, fats, and carbs and is also loaded with calories, perfect supplement for someone trying to gain weight. The gym I go to has a smoothie bar that sells similar stuff but it will cost you about $6 for them to blend the stuff together for you. If you go out and buy all of the ingredients yourself and make your own shake, then it's a lot cheaper.