PDA

View Full Version : Brick Wall

wspe
02-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey guys;
Just got home from my workout and it SUCKED!

I don't know what to think, workouts have been good. Heavy deadlifts on monday, bench on Wed. Today I barely could warm up for squats... Felt like my legs were lead.
I aint sick and nutrition has been good...

Whats up????

Please advise!!

The dreaded OT???

Homie
02-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by wspe
Hey guys;

I don't know what to think, workouts have been good. Heavy deadlifts on monday, bench on Wed. Today I barely could warm up for squats... Felt like my legs were lead.

Whats up????

Please advise!!

The dreaded OT??? Relax bro, chances are you just had an off day... it happens. :( Some days you just don't have it, nothin' you can do about it. I've had numerous days like that over the years, my advice is to either say screw it and go on home or do something completely different than what you planned for that day. Maybe just use a real light weight but a ton of reps (these will kill you), or even super slow reps concentrating on form and really squeezing the muscle throughout the movement (again these will hurt). Some days though it's better to say screw it and just go on home... the extra days rest may just get you more motivated the next time you go in. :D

edster951
02-07-2003, 11:56 PM
I had two days like that two weeks ago. Just taken two weeks off, and will get back into it on Monday.

Take it as an off day, if it happens again this week consider some rest.

MiloMan
02-08-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by wspe
Hey guys;

Whats up????

Please advise!!

The dreaded OT???
Just curious - how long have you been weight training?

Phatman1179
02-08-2003, 06:28 AM
It might be the Dreaded OT. However, You still made it to the Gym and you weren't at home eating cupcakes and watching reruns of Gilligans Island, wondering if that Ab roller really works and is it worth 100 bucks.

A poor work out is still a work out and they all count! Keep the Faith.

TrishB
02-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Is there anyone here who has never had a bad day at the gym??
Let it go....it was just one day. :)

wspe
02-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Milo:

Been a powerlifter for a good many years.
Had health problem last year and am getting back into it.
This cycle started in Oct.

You guys are probably right; just a bad day.

Thanks for the replies...

Macattack
02-08-2003, 01:30 PM
I think when you start having more bad days then good its time to worry, thats when i take a break for a week and regroup and its coming i can feel it....

Hang in there wspe

Axe
02-08-2003, 04:29 PM
No kidding! A bad day is a bad day...they come and go. No worries bro, just keep going and I bet the next time you hit the gym, you'll be mad from the last time and end up having a GREAT workout.

That happens to me occassionally...I get pissed off remembering the lousy workout I had last time and it just fires me up the next time....

Don't worry about it...