PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me the lowdown on eggs?

IraHays
11-14-2006, 04:28 PM
I search and search this forum, but I can never find any information on eggs!

startrek
11-14-2006, 04:32 PM
That's because they're really bad for you. No serious bodybuilder touches 'em.

IraHays
11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
That's because they're really bad for you. No serious bodybuilder touches 'em.

Thats what I hear. They are bad for your heart.

PennState
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
i definitely don't eat 1 egg and 3 egg whites scrambled in the morning. Honestly did you search? I could hit an egg thread by trying NOT too with the search button.

Ok long story short. Some people eat the whole egg b/c there are lots of nutrients in the yolk. Some only eat whites b/c the yolk has all the fat in it too and most of the calories. Some eat a mix of the both to get desired calories and taste. You choose, everyone does their own thing. Don't skip them b/c of the cholestorol in them, it doesn't mean anything. There now you don't have to search, but i recommend it anyway.

ozigal
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
i definitely don't eat 1 egg and 3 egg whites scrambled in the morning. Honestly did you search? I could hit an egg thread by trying NOT too with the search button.

Ok long story short. Some people eat the whole egg b/c there are lots of nutrients in the yolk. Some only eat whites b/c the yolk has all the fat in it too and most of the calories. Some eat a mix of the both to get desired calories and taste. You choose, everyone does their own thing. Don't skip them b/c of the cholestorol in them, it doesn't mean anything. There now you don't have to search, but i recommend it anyway.

bump to the part about choleterol :) egg yolks contain a high amount of protein, it is not just in the white (to those who were wondering). MAJORITY of serious bbers consume eggs...

hailfire777
11-14-2006, 07:07 PM
eggs are allright, i just dont want the extra callories from the fat in the eggs id rather get it from something more tastey like penut butter.

ozigal
11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
eggs are allright, i just dont want the extra callories from the fat in the eggs id rather get it from something more tastey like penut butter.

you're like me :) The only reason why i eat eggs is coz of the protein...if only pb had that much protein :(

FUBAR1
11-14-2006, 07:24 PM
BBers eat eggs not just because of they amount of protein, but because the type of protein is "complete". However you should still get in your whey and soy proteins.

Eggs Protein (g)
Egg, whole raw, 1 large 6.25g
Egg, whole, raw, 1 medium 5.5g
Egg yolk, raw, 1 large 2.78g
Egg white, raw, 1 large 3.51g
Egg, whole, fried 6.23g
Egg, whole, scrambled 6.76g
Egg, whole, boiled 6.29g
Egg, substitute, liquid, 1/4 cup 7.53g

ozigal
11-14-2006, 09:21 PM
BBers eat eggs not just because of they amount of protein, but because the type of protein is "complete". However you should still get in your whey and soy proteins.

Eggs Protein (g)
Egg, whole raw, 1 large 6.25g
Egg, whole, raw, 1 medium 5.5g
Egg yolk, raw, 1 large 2.78g
Egg white, raw, 1 large 3.51g
Egg, whole, fried 6.23g
Egg, whole, scrambled 6.76g
Egg, whole, boiled 6.29g
Egg, substitute, liquid, 1/4 cup 7.53g

bump^ whey is the most bioavailable source of protein for the body, eggs are a very close second, but all kinds of meat and most dairy products are "complete" proteins as well.

Hola Bola
11-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Eggs are a good source of protein/healthy fat. I eat 6 a day, including the yolks.

JK2006
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM
The most important thing is the biological value (BV) of eggs. This is used as a benchmark to compare the quality of other proteins.

1-2 whole eggs (or more egg whites) a day is a necessary part of a healthy, protein rich diet. And the best thing is - they are so tasty!! Dont worry about the cholesterol part unless you have a family history fo cholesterol, in which case just do regular checkups. Dont give up the egg!!

Egg is one thing (I think) every bodybuilder MUST have!!

boyscouT
11-14-2006, 10:56 PM
3 whole eggs scrambled + salt + pepper + ketchup = heaven..

Mtguy8787
11-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Eggs are a good souce of protein. They are the most bio available source that is not man-made.

The whites have most of the protein, while the yolks have all the nutrients and fat. Some people dont eat eggs bc of the cholesterol, but cholesterol from eggs, in reasonable amount, does not increase your bad cholesterol. It can even help to boost good cholesterol in some cases.

zach_bashore
11-14-2006, 11:10 PM
i eat the whites and thats it

DavidL913
11-14-2006, 11:14 PM
eggs taste good.

rock_ten
11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
usually about 1200 calories from eggs per day. Free range are a bit expensive though so I have to resort to other foods too.

ozigal
11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Eggs are a good souce of protein. They are the most bio available source that is not man-made.

The whites have most of the protein, while the yolks have all the nutrients and fat. Some people dont eat eggs bc of the cholesterol, but cholesterol from eggs, in reasonable amount, does not increase your bad cholesterol. It can even help to boost good cholesterol in some cases.

actually no the yolks have more protein than the whites...

FUBAR1
11-15-2006, 09:52 AM
3 whole eggs scrambled + salt + pepper + ketchup = heaven..

+Tobasco

Andrew.Cook
11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Eggs are a good source of protein/healthy fat. I eat 6 a day, including the yolks.

Eggs obviously stunt your growth ;)