PDA

View Full Version : 260 to 205 keeping strength up...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Quickxi
11-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay so I've been lifting for about 8 years now. My workout routine will be displayed a little later. My problem is my "potato chip belly." I have a problem keeping my diet in check. I don't crave sweets, or donuts, or anything like this, my problem is salt/grease. Potato chips, french fries, mozzarella sticks, (any cheese for that matter.)

As I approach 30, I realize that my metabolism slowed down somewhere around my mid twenties; thus, I have developed a "potato chip stomach," (I don't drink.)

I've checked out this website for a little bit and decided that it would help me out significantly if I were to keep an online journal to document my fat loss. There seems to be a pretty good amount of people on this site who are determined to assist people in achieving their goals. I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and ask for anyone's comments.

Here are my current goals. As the title would indicate, I'd like to drop about 55 pounds. BUT, I would like to keep my strength, (if possible.)

Here are my current stats : male, 29 years old, 5'7, 260lbs @35% BF

these are my max
bench press (incline only, I don't/can't get a nice pump with regular) 255 *4
seated overhead barbell press 175*4
barbell curls 115*2
inverted leg press 620*1
T-bar 95*6
trap shrugs (machine) 270*8

I'll post my workouts and what they consist of on corresponding days within this journal but here's the schedule:
Day1- Chest/cardio
Day2- Arms
Day3- Shoulders/cardio
Day4- Cardio
Day5- OFF
Day6- Legs
Day7- Cardio

Again, I'll post my meals/supplements each day but since today is the start of this journal, here is today's:

meal1- IDS New Whey-GAKIC
meal2- (POW) Labrada MRP with Scoop of Renew Life Organic Fiber
meal3- 6oz chicken breast, 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, 14 Wheat thins Ranch
meal4- IDS New Whey- GNU Fiber Bar
meal5- 2 eggs, 3oz liquid egg whites, 1/2 onion, 1/4 green pepper, pinch of cheese, 2 piece of whole wheat toast
meal6- Labrada RTD
meal7- yogurt

calories 2855 175g protein (light today, I know)

I think I have my calorie goal figured out. (I weigh 260. 260*15=3900, 3900-500=3400) Is this about right for me?

Also, has anyone found anything that would help me out in my diet? I CRAVE SALT/GREASE. The grease part I have under control, but chips/fries/mozzarella sticks...man I crave them so much, I feel like I need to buy them from a dealer down a seedy back alley. LOL. Several years ago, when I dieted down, I used Atkins Crunchers and they helped me out. Last spring I used Body for Life "chips" and they worked perfectly for me.

Anyway, I will officially put my cardio workout/daily meals up for tomorrow, tomorrow. LOL!

Quickxi
11-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Okay in about 5 minutes, I go for a run. No treadmill, no bike, no machine, I'm going for a flat out run. Shooting for 3/4 mile. I want to see how I hold up. I will post if I survive, LOL.

Quickxi
11-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Ok so I finished my run. Looks like it took me about 11 minutes to run 3/4 of a mile. Not good, but it's a start! The good news is that I did manage to run the entire distance without stopping. Now I head to the shower because I'm literally solving the world's water problems with my sweat!

Meal1- GNU Fiber Bar + IDS New Whey

nithos
11-14-2006, 07:17 AM
meal1- IDS New Whey-GAKIC
meal2- (POW) Labrada MRP with Scoop of Renew Life Organic Fiber
meal3- 6oz chicken breast, 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, 14 Wheat thins Ranch
meal4- IDS New Whey- GNU Fiber Bar
meal5- 2 eggs, 3oz liquid egg whites, 1/2 onion, 1/4 green pepper, pinch of cheese, 2 piece of whole wheat toast
meal6- Labrada RTD
meal7- yogurt
I would only call meal 5 a meal, the rest are snacks.

Diet Guidelines:
- Eat 5-6 meals a day
- Eat roughly the same amount for every meal
- Eat lean protein with every meal
- Eat a veggie/fruit with every meal
- Eat a EFA source daily
- Drink only non-calorie containing beverages (i.e. water and green tea)
- One meal a week, ignore everything above

Example Diet:
5:30 - 1/2 a banana
5:35 - 30-45 minutes brisk walk
6:15 - 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup ff cottage cheese, 1 oz almonds
9:00 - 8 oz fajita beef with 1 cup peppers
12:00 - 8 oz chicken breast, 3 cups spinach salad, 1 oz walnuts
3:00 - Homemade protein bar, 1.5 cups fresh broc****
5:00 - Lifting
5:45 - PWO Shake (40g carbs, 20g protein)
7:00 - 8 oz grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1.5 cups green beens
9:00 - 1 cup ff cottage cheese, 1 oz walnuts

I also supplement with Sesathin, Fish Oil and Lecithin, so add ~150 calories for my EFAs.

exhibita
11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Also, has anyone found anything that would help me out in my diet? I CRAVE SALT/GREASE. The grease part I have under control, but chips/fries/mozzarella sticks...man I crave them so much, I feel like I need to buy them from a dealer down a seedy back alley.

I would suggest ... did you ever consider it is not the chips, or the grease, or the salt.. but rather the crunch or texture of the food? (Or both?) Or how it makes you feel?

Check out 'Life is hard, Food is easy'. It's a little touchy feely and stuff, but offers some real good insight on emotional eating.

Quickxi
11-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Okay looks like I have a little more work to do on the diet end. Here are my meals for the day. Please note, I still have one more meal later this evening.

Meal1- New Whey + Fiber Bar
Meal2- Labrada RTD
Meal3- 6 oz chicken breast+ 3 tbsp salsa + 14 wheat thins (ranch) + 1 Tri-O-Plex Pnt Btr Choc Chip Cookie
Meal4- New Whey + Fiber Bar
Meal5- 2oz ostrich stick + New Whey + 1/2 cup bro**** (yuck!)
Meal6- 8oz liquid egg whites + 1/4 green pepper + small onion + pinch of cheese + 2 whole wheat bread with low fat cream cheese.

So far my totals are: 2,600 Calories, 46% Protein, 34% Carbs, 20% Fat

I also forgot to mention the other daily supplements that I take:

1 Whole Food Mens Multivitamin
1 Whole Food Vitamin C
2 Fisol brand Fish Oil
1 Digestive Enzyme with meals 3,6,7

Also, I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. I usually don't drink any other fluids.
I'll repost later after my evening meal...

MrSinister
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
its possible but gonna be hard. Wont lie, i was 270 and now 190 and i lost strength, till about 220 i was ok but from there it just had to give in... not superweak now but not lifting what i used to, comes as a byproduct of cutting for so long.. the quicker u cut the fat the less u will have to be in a calorie deficiency and worry about this so stay dedicated

Quickxi
11-14-2006, 07:18 PM
I have a good bit of muscle now, the problem is it is encapsulated with a thin layer of fat, (and a very unflattering stomach). If I keep lifting the same, but get my diet in check, is it possible to keep most of my strength?

MrSinister
11-14-2006, 07:25 PM
possible, but unlikely... not saying u cant do it, you may, i know i certainly didnt but we're all different. To reach you're goal you're talking about losing 55lbs which, say u lost 2lbs a week, is still gonna take almost 6 months. 6 months in calorie deficiency gets hard to fight. good luck tho :) even if u drop some strength, when u finish the cut it will come back and more

Quickxi
11-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Okay last meal of the day and to be honest, it was probably more of a snack. Calories were again a little light but here is the "meal" with my daily totals.

Meal7- Weird Concoction I mixed together = Lowfat Yogurt + Protein Pudding + 6 Strawberries

That puts the days totals at:

2,975 calories 47% Protein, 38% Carbs, 15% Fat

Tomorrow was supposed to be an off day, but I will instead do some light cardio in the morning prior to work. Need to take some stress off; I get to go to the dentist in the early afternoon. Lucky me...

heathershubby
11-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I know your meals are on the snack side but to me IMHO the macros look good and 3000 cals is about right I would think. Try Kraft Free SLices bro they are the bomb I eat them all the time 35 cal no fat and 5 g protien after aa week my wife (who is not dieting) likes them better then the regular slices. I dont eat it any more cause I am on a plan from my trainer but my cheat meal (I had the same cravings as you) I would take frozen fries bake them in the oven little garlic powder and sea salt then top with a few slices fat free cheese. Its good cheese fries will make you smile. Check servings if you use a serv of about 200 to 250 cals worth of potatoes and 6 slices will equal 405 cals with 30g protein and no fat 71 carbs.

Repped for having the courage to post a journal you will hit your goal no prob bro I have faith in ya!

Quickxi
11-15-2006, 06:43 AM
Thought I'd pop in and check things out before I go outside for my cardio. Cheese fries! That is an awesome cheat meal, too bad I have to wait a few days to try that out. Thanks!
Today is dentist day, I get to sit in a little chair and have some guy drill into my broken tooth. Not exactly my idea of a good time. Well, off to do my 3/4 mile loop!

claudio_rdgz
11-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Dude, you been lifting for 8 years??? How much of those 8 years you didn't eat right? cuz the weighs you lift don't seem right.

Just an advice, eat more chicken, turkey, tuna, egg whites, oatmeal, broccolli, cawliflour, lettuce, celery.

Supplementation... just buy whey protein and glutamine.

Calories seem right, just increase protein intake, and drink tons of water. Less gym man, try doing 4 timer per week at much for starters, and cardio everyday.

For your munchies of salt and grease, well, cramp some fish oil and flaxseed oil along with vitamins, I too have munchies, so try to control yourself, you have a goal to reach... remember? If it's that hard buy a fat burner, like hydroxycut hardcore (it is good, believe the hype) or lipo 6.

I've lost 46 pounds of fat so far, and I'll tell ya, YOU CAN'T KEEP STRENGTH UP, so piss your pride away, it will get you in a lot of trouble, think like these, if you shed the fat, you can regain a few pounds by training RIGHT. 8 years man, I still can't believe it, YOU SHOULD BE WAY STRONGER, **** GENETICS..

Forget bars, if it tastes good, toss it away (I hate every food I eat), just remember you are a killing machine and you eat to live, so what if someone eats a cake o some chicharrones with grease, he's not you, the only way you are gonna eat what you want when you want without caring for the fat, is when you are huge.

nithos
11-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Dude, you been lifting for 8 years??? How much of those 8 years you didn't eat right? cuz the weighs you lift don't seem right.

Some people don't train just for strength.

Genetics also play a big role, my bench press sucks (275) because of the way my tendons attach in my shoulder (this also leaves me injury prone at contact sports like rugby).

Quickxi
11-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Ha! When I first started lifting I literally couldn't bench the bar! Being a soccer player I was light and quick. Since the end of my playing days, I've more then doubled my weight, (I graduated high school at 120!) I've lifted for eight years but only have been very serious about it for about 1 year total.
Off to work (and the dentist)...have a good day all!

claudio_rdgz
11-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Some people don't train just for strength.

Genetics also play a big role, my bench press sucks (275) because of the way my tendons attach in my shoulder (this also leaves me injury prone at contact sports like rugby).

I don't think genetics have a lot to do on strength, i think they influence more on muscle shape and form, since I have ****ty genetics, therefore I have ****ty muscles, but keeping a hold on my diet I've been able to keep my strength up.

I feel bad since I can't be a bodybuilder, since muscle shaping is hard for me, and I also look smaller than what I weigh, but someday, genetic manipulation will COME.

Diet has a major role on gym results, even major than going to the gym, diets for getting stronger for the average 200 pounds joe must consist of at least 4000 calories, and to get muscle 5000, of course a lot would be fat, that's why you need to cut from time to time.

There is a bodybuilder right now that takes it slow, he weighs 200 and he is pro (kinda light huh?) I'm saying this because he trains for 3 HOURS! His name is Silvio Saviour, and he, like many physique masters, say that diet is the primary thing.

Quickxi
11-15-2006, 05:40 PM
With one meal still to go here are my daily meals:

1. MRP with scoop of fiber
2. New whey + fiber bar
3. 6oz chicken + 3 tbsp salsa + 14 crackers (ranch)
4. RTD + fiber bar
5. 10oz chicken breast + small baked potato + 1/2 baked beans

so far totals look like this:

calories: 2,190 protein 50%, carbs 38.5%, fat 11.5%

I'm in line to hit near my calorie goal for the day and my macros should fall near goal also. Because of work, my "snack meals" will have to continue, we'll see what the end result is.

The dentist was bad, anyone who sticks needles into your gums and laughs is not on my Christmas Card list...

Quickxi
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
My schedule got switched around again, so my workout tomorrow will only be a cardio one.

Had cereal and New Whey for last snack meal.

2,800 calories 46% protein 40% carbs, 14% fat.

"Weigh in" day is fast approaching! This sunday will be the first weigh in since I started this journal. I will only be checking my weight once a week. My cheat meal this week is scheduled for Saturday. I'll be watching Ohio State beat Michigan, (hopefully) and secure their place in the national title game!

My mouth hurts, the site where I had needles inserted into my mouth is swollen and bleeds very easily. I will reiterate for the last time that I really don't like going to the dentist; pain from training I can deal with, a swollen, bloody, throbbing gum line, is another story.

Anyway, the cravings for salt are alleviated somewhat by my addition of Ranch flavored Wheat Thins. 14 crackers yield only 140 calories and so far has quelled my desire to stuff an entire bag of potato chips into my mouth. Hopefully the wheat thins hold up until I can find another replacement!

Shivati
11-15-2006, 10:00 PM
have you set a timeline for your goal?

Quickxi
11-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd like to lose 14 pounds before the end of the year. So that would be my short/mid term goal. 246lbs by Dec. 31st.

Quickxi
11-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Cardio is in the bag! Got up a little earlier this morning because of a wrong number. I love those early morning wake up calls from wrong numbers. Well, at least it wasn't a telemarketer!
The good news is that my mouth is only slightly swollen and nowhere near as painful as yesterday!

nithos
11-16-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't think genetics have a lot to do on strength
I 100% totally disagree with this statement.

claudio_rdgz
11-16-2006, 08:19 AM
I 100% totally disagree with this statement.

Dream, believe, OVERCOME dude... I wont be blaming my crappy ancestors of my own weakness

But I will be blaming them for my crappy body :D

Quickxi
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
With my schedule being changed at work, my next day in the gym will be this saturday; it is chest day. I'm chomping at the bit to get in the gym, I really don't like going this long.

Meal report (with one to go)

1. MRP + Fiber Bar
2. New whey + Fiber Bar
3. 6oz chicken + 3 tbsp salsa + 14 ranch crackers + 1 Tri-O-Plex cookie
4. New Whey + Protein Crunch bar
5. 8oz chicken + 1/2 cup mashed potatoes + 1/4 cup corn
6. later this evening...

Writing this journal makes it much easier to keep track of what i'm eating and makes it much easier to say, "no" to co-workers offering chips or pizza, etc.

MrSinister
11-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Dream, believe, OVERCOME dude... I wont be blaming my crappy ancestors of my own weakness

great chain of thought!

Lowdown5
11-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Checkin in on ya, you can accomplish anything you set your mind too!!

repped

heathershubby
11-16-2006, 07:04 PM
hey man stick that diet on days you can't make it to the gym and get yourself ready your going to weigh in good just keep it up.

Quickxi
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Okay last meal for the day along with totals...

Lean Body MRP + 6 strawberries + 28 crackers (ranch) + 1/4 cup peanuts
salt was a little higher then i'd like, but I didn't go for any chips or fries that were screaming my name, lol.

totals 2,770 calories, 48.2% protein, 36.5% carbs, 15.3% fat

I had my wife help take my measurements today. I think from what I've read, I should check my weight once a week, but check my measurements every three weeks. Does that sound about right?

Quickxi
11-17-2006, 07:00 AM
First meal of the day.

Lean Body MRP + scoop of Organic Fiber + 7 strawberries. This should keep be not hungry for a good twenty minutes...off to work. Only one more day to blast into the gym!

Aquilius
11-17-2006, 07:19 AM
I think from what I've read, I should check my weight once a week, but check my measurements every three weeks. Does that sound about right?

You have to try what works for you. Many people get irritated by the fluctuations when they measure more often. I weigh everyday, and measure almost everyday. Gives me the feeling of better feedback on what I'm doing.

This should keep be not hungry for a good twenty minutes...

If satiety is a problem, you may want to orient your diet mor on the lines of the satiety index of your foods: http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_diet/satiety_index.php

Regards,
Aquilius

Quickxi
11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Meals for the day with one more to go...

1. Lean Body MRP + scoop fiber
2. New Whey + Fiber bar
3. canned chicken (don't ask) + 14 crackers + 1 tri-o-plex cookie
4. New whey + 14 crackers
5. 8oz chicken + potato + cup orange juice

TGIF! I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow. I'll post my workout etc. This is going to be an early night, work was rough this week, and I'm tired...

Quickxi
11-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Nice, I posted that and the noticed it's my second page! Woohoo!

Shivati
11-18-2006, 12:51 AM
i weight myself everyday.... but mostly because it helps me keep track of things that may affect my progress (ie. salt intake, skipping workouts, cheat foods, menstrual cycle etc). But i think you could do measurements every 2 weeks, especially in the beginning, and see some results. It may be more of a motivating factor. Well today your back in the gym, good luck! I myself increased ALL my legs weights this week (for machines) since i started squatting recently (bout a month). I can't squat to much but its obviously working. I now rotate, one leg day all machines, next one squats, lunges, decline press, hack squat, and then swicth. Helps me to not get bored (or hurt over doing it) and also i arrange days according to busy/ slow times in gym... because equipment access changes.

Point >hehe< are you doing a specific lifting program or set, you should record that too so if/when you plateu you change it up. i would suggest starting with push/ab~leg/pull/ ab~shoulder~calves, and for cardio if its really killing ya... to alternate longer distance-time, mid intensity days with interval training days for 20-30 min. Thats what i do.... get on the machine sprint for 2 min, medium incline or resistance, then 2 min high incline/resistance slow pace (ex: walk or half the mph on machine). well good luck, hope this helps!

Quickxi
11-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Finally able to hit the gym! I was pumped to be there and some of my lifts show that!

incline bench press: 135 X 10, 260 x 4 (Personal best!), 135 x 10

hammer chest press: 180 x 8, 360 x 8, 430 x 2 (PB!), 360 x 6, 180 x 6

modified dumbell chest press (I begin by having the dumbells together on my chest, then press them up together and at the peak, twist my wrists out to "pump" my inner pecs). 50 x 8, 55 x 8, 60 x 6

pec dec machine: 80 x 8, 150 x 8, 200 x 6, 100 x 8

cable crossovers: 60 x 8, 80 x 8, 60 x 8

ended workout with 25 minutes on eliptical machine for cardio.

I was excited about posting 2 personal bests today! 430 on the hammer chest press!
Off to the shower and then in less then an hour, OHIO STATE vs. the team from the north. Go Bucks!

Quickxi
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Ohio State Is Going To The National Title Game!!!! Yeeeehaaaa!

Quickxi
11-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Off to the gym, today is weigh in day. The scale will be the judge...

Quickxi
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok I will my post my daily diet later this evening. The awesome news is that I stepped on the scale today, and it read 257!!!! That's 3lb weight loss! My strength went UP this week....YEAH!!!

Quickxi
11-19-2006, 08:35 PM
meals for the day:

1. pwo- mrp + scoop fiber
2. 3 eggs + 4oz egg whites + egg bagel
3. 6oz chicken + 1/2 cup spinach
4. 6oz steak + 1/2 mashed potatoes + 1/2 cup baked beans
5. rtd + fiber bar

2,550 calories, 39% protein, 43% carbs, 18% fat

I've decided to adjust my week this week to include Thanksgiving as my cheat day.

Today's workout: Biceps

preacher curls: 95 x 8, 115 x 3, 95 x 6
concentration curls single arm: 30 x 8, 35 x 6, 40 x 4, 30 x 6
hammer curls: 30 x 8, 35 x 6, 40 x 6, 30 x 4
hammer strength machine: 45 x 8, 95 x 6, 50 x 6, 45 x 8, 45 x 6,
45 x 6, 45 x 5 FAILURE
Done! Tomorrow is shoulders!

3lbs lost so far, no strength lost so far!

Quickxi
11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I had a killer shoulder workout today! I will post the workout/results late this evening along with mydietary totals! Have a nice day everyone!

Quickxi
11-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Okay, here's my shoulder workout for the day:

seated military press: 135 x 8, 175 x 4, 135 x 6
hammer strength shoulder press: 180 x 8, 275 x 3, 180 x 6
t-bar: 45 x 8, 115 x 8, 50 x 6
rows: 90 x 8, 200 x 6, 90 x 6
dumbell shrugs, (no break) 90 x8, 75 x8, 60 x8, 45 x8, 25 x8
machine shrugs: 180 x 8, 270 x 2, 180 x6, 90 x8
lateral raises: 15 x 8, 20 x 8, 15 x 8
machine shrugs: 90 until failure

meals:
1. MRP + Fiber
2. New whey + fiber bar
3. 6oz chicken + 1/2 cup spinach + 2tbs fat free sour cream + 14 crackers
4. RTD + fiber
5. 3 eggs + 3 oz egg whites + diced onion + pinch cheese + egg bagel

calories 2,995, protein 41%, carbs 39%, fat 20%

Tomorrow is just cardio, my body is a little sore from beating it up in the gym. I can't wait until Sunday when that scale goes down again!

heathershubby
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
your pushing some good weight keep up the work man I do shoulders as well on Mon's shoulders and chest.

your eating looks really good man keep it up.

take care bro.

Quickxi
11-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Just finished my cardio loop outside. Looks like we finally have some weather fit for November out there! I prefer the cold to the hot, so that made me smile. Will post my diet later, i'm off to work :(
Have a nice day everyone...

Lowdown5
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Great job on losing weight without loss of strength. You seem to have a pretty good handle on this, just remember that you are in it for the long haul. I have 100% faith that you will hit your goals and probably blow them away!!!!

heathershubby
11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
looking for ya sounds like your day started off good hope the rest went as well. Keep it up

Quickxi
11-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Rough day today, one of my employees brought in a bag of puffy cheese curls. They were yelling and screaming my name...man that was hard! You can put cake, or brownies, or cheesecake in front of me, and nothing...but you put chips or cheese curls or fries. Geez!

So here's my diet for the day:

1. rtd
2. new whey + fiber bar
3. 6oz chicken + 1 teaspoon mayo + 14 crackers + 4 cheese curls, I know but my calorie count is still low...anyway I already walked 20 minutes in penance for those 4 curls :(
4. new whey + fiber bar
5. 8oz chicken + 1/2 cup pasta + 1/4 cup tomato sauce
6. rtd + scoop of fiber

3,255 calories, 37% protein, 41% carbs, 22% fat.

Yuck, calories a little high, protein not where it should be. Not going to beat myself up, tomorrow is another day.

Anyway, thanks to Lowdown and HH for the encouragement, it is needed and appreciated!!!!

Tomorrow is cardio and my gym is open on Thanksgiving so I will blast my legs.

Lowdown5
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Cheese curls are evil, repeat after me, cheese curls are evil, one more time, cheese curls are evil...................

Quickxi
11-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Lol, French fries and chips are also evil, french fries and chips are also evil...
Maybe I'll make a tape of that and play it while I sleep. :>

Lowdown5
11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
French fries, chips, cheese curls are evil, repeat............................

Quickxi
11-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Fries, chips, and cheese curls are evil...lol.
;)

The Director
11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
First, gl Quickxi.

Second, I'm the exact opposite, chips, fries...nahhh, cake, sugar...yes!

of course, I'm staying away, like you should.

Quickxi
11-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Cardio is done, now i'm sipping on a MRP. Off to work, have a nice day all. Busiest driving day of the year, be careful...

Quickxi
11-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay here's the meal data for the day:

1. mrp
2. new whey + fiber bar
3. 8oz chicken + 1/2 green veggie mixture + 1 tbsp fat free sour cream
4. new whey + fiber bar
5. 8oz chicken + 1/2 green veggie mixture + 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
6. 4 eggs + bagel
7. new whey

2,755 calories, 53% protein, 35% carbs, 12% fat

Quickxi
11-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Lol almost forgot, so today at work I got an email addressed to all personnel at a certain level. I received the email but was confused because the job level was one above mine. After placing a call to one of my bosses, it was revealed that I had been promoted. No notice, no congratulatory phone call, no notice whatsoever. Of course to those of you who are wondering, my workload increased twofold while my salary increased...not at all. Weirdest "promotion" ever!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Lowdown5
11-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Happy Thanksgiving my friend, enjoy the day!!!!!!

Quickxi
11-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanksgiving was pretty good. My son however, decided to fill up on an appetizer of pepperoni circles. He refused to listen and kept eating them. Remember, he's smarter then me cause he's six. Well after eating 1/2 a bag his stomach was bothering him and he went to bed about 7:00pm! Maybe next time he'll listen!
Anyay, will posy diet info later this evening...

Quickxi
11-25-2006, 04:51 AM
OMG i'm dying I either have the stomach flu or something in the food I ate last night was not good...I think Lowdown passed something on to me. I'm just checking in before I go back to sleep for the winter...
I'll post when this is over...
:( :( :( :(

Quickxi
11-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Can't even keep Pedialite down, running a 102.2 fever, (down from 103.6). Going back to bed....

Feel AWFUL.
:(

LeilaM
11-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Can't even keep Pedialite down, running a 102.2 fever, (down from 103.6). Going back to bed....

Feel AWFUL.

Some odd virus running around the BB.com fat loss board! You're the third person I've seen! Get well soon... and flu shot time!

Quickxi
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Okay, fever down to 100.2, I've been able to keep some fluids down and some dry toast. Haven't thrown up in about 20 hours. I'm going to try to go to work this evening for about three hours...
Hoping to restart my diet again tomorrow, maybe. Stomach flu is the worst!

Shivati
11-28-2006, 08:57 PM
well think of it this way............. i and many others im sure gained weight this thanksgiving :*(

you on the other hand threw up all them calories and burned extra with your 103 temp for 2 days lol!!

wow thats so wrong, blame the cheese curls... those evil evil cheesy poofs

Quickxi
11-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, I guess that is one way to look at it. A 103 fever means I was probably burning body fat! :)
Anyway, almost back to normal, had some eggs and some toast this evening, if all goes well, i'll be back on my diet tomorrow! I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, mine went well until the stomach flu from hell entered my system!

Have a nice night all!

Silly Cheesey Poofs!!!! :)

heathershubby
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, I guess that is one way to look at it. A 103 fever means I was probably burning body fat! :)
Anyway, almost back to normal, had some eggs and some toast this evening, if all goes well, i'll be back on my diet tomorrow! I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, mine went well until the stomach flu from hell entered my system!

Have a nice night all!

Silly Cheesey Poofs!!!! :)

well just get back and on track bro you lost a lot of water probly and will gain for a day or two don't let that get ya down just get going and get back at it were pulling for ya.

Lowdown5
11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm rooting for you my friend!!!

Quickxi
11-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. My normal weigh in day is Sunday. I'll be skipping it this week because everything is wacky with that damn flu. I wasn't hungry at all today and kind of forced myself to eat 1/2 a turkey sandwich. This evening I did drink an RTD with a Fiber and was actually feeling hungry so that is another awesome sign.
Gym day is supposed to be tomorrow since my fever is gone, I will go and at least do cardio, although if i'm feeling ok, i'll get in a leg workout first.

Wow! Three pages! Although half of it is talking about myself throwing up, lol.

Anyway, diet will be posted tomorrow along with gym results...

Quickxi
11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
okay here's the workout/diet...

leg press 180*8, 360*8, 450*4, 270*6
hack squat machine 45*8, 100*6, 45*6
hamstring curls 45*8, 90*8, 115*4, 90*12, 45*15(failure)
quad extensions machine 15*8, 30*8, 45*8, 30*8, 15*12(failure)
calf press 90*8, 180*8, 180*6

m1- pwo + scoop fiber
m2- new whey + fiber bar
m3- rtd + scoop fiber
m4- 6oz chicken + 14 crackers + 1 tri-o-plex cookie
m5- 4eggs + 3oz egg whites + pinch cheese + bagel
m6- yogurt + new whey

heathershubby
12-01-2006, 01:37 AM
good to see you getting more protien and spreading it out. I use a lot of rtd and whey too but you need some real food bro when you can sqeeze it in I know its hard I am going threw whey like crazy lol.

keep up the good work nice leg day

The Director
12-01-2006, 02:20 AM
I was gonna ask why you use so many shakes, I know work and all is in the way, but can't you bake it before hand, keep it in the fridge for acouple days. Bag it up, take it in?

Quickxi
12-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I had a problem getting my six meals in each day, especially at work. When I eat real food I eat it very slowly. We're talking my family can start eating after me, be finished, have the table cleared, and be working on homework before I'm finished. Another problem I have is work; I typically work 9 plus hour shifts and only occasionally get 1 half hour break. That leaves me with no time to actually sit and eat. Not eating for a 9+ hour time period is out of the question, (and is partially to blame for my weight problem, along with chips, lol) so that's where those protein shakes come in...
My thinking went like this: utilize mrp's and rtd's to get the timing down so my body would adjust accordingly to eating more then twice a day.
I'm working on modifying my diet to include more regular food.

I have to use my vacation/personal time before the end of the year. On Dec. 13th at 6:00pm, I'm done for the year! I go back to work the beginning of Jan! Yeah me! Anyway, one of the things that i'm going to have to work out during that time is getting more food into me and replace those drinks. I have time during my vacation to work out kinks.

Anyway, any help out there would be appreciated. I'm looking for something that I can make/cook, that takes little time to eat.

One of my friends suggested that I cook my chicken, then place it in the blender with some veggies and make a "whole food shake." He HAS seen me eat, (and complained about the changing seasons while he waited.) But there HAS to be a better way! YUCK!

Quickxi
12-01-2006, 08:41 PM
okay here's my meals for the day:

m1- 2 eggs + 1 piece whole bran toast (yuck)
m2- low fat yogurt + new whey
m3- 6oz chicken + 14 crackers + 1 tri-o-plex cookie
m4- 8oz chicken + 1/2 cup romaine lettuce + small baked potato
m5- rtd + scoop of fiber

missed a meal today cuz work was, well work. Off for the weekend, so that means gym tomorrow! Chest and cardio day.

Quickxi
12-02-2006, 09:26 PM
here's the workout

incline bench press
135*8, 250*4, 135*10

hammer strength chest press (incline)
180*8, 360*6, 425*3, 360*4, 180*3

pec dec
45*6, 90*6, 205*7, 130*4, 45*8

chest press
90*8, 180*12, 90*6 (failure)

25min cardio

arms tomorrow...

Quickxi
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Okay, I didn't want to step on the scale since I was so sick. Curiosity got the best of me and I gave in and stepped on it....255!!! Another 2lbs came off! That puts the total up to 5lbs! I'll take it, especially being that sick last week!

Arm workout today...

preacher curls:
95x6, 115x3, 95x6

side bench concentration curls (individual)
25x8, 30x8, 35x8, 40x8

hammer strength
50x8, 80x8, 110x4, 80x8

hammer curls
25x8, 30x8, 35x6

tomorrow is shoulders and cardio

Shivati
12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
congrads... now what you gotta do is the pre-vacation make sure your $*** in order um.. thing. Have enough protein and rtds for the next 3 weeks at home? Supplements stocked up? (double points yeah hehe) KIDS cookies just lyin around the house? The wifey..... she ready to have you home for 3 wks without defaulting to pizza and chinese takeout cause your making her nuts?! lol. How bout you post us your vacation grocery shopping list :P

good luck

Quickxi
12-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Haha. My vacation diet will be fine. Don't have those crazy hours at work to worry about. The countdown is on! Next Wed at 6:00 pm!!!! Last day of work for the year!

shoulder workout, my favorite

shoulder press
135x8, 180x4 (PB), 135x4

shoulder press hammer strength
180x8, 270x6, 180x6

t-bar
50x8, 100x8, 115x4, 50x8

lat pulldowns
45x8, 65x8, 90x6

dumbell shrugs (no rest, enough time only to adjust straps)
95x6, 80x6, 65x6, 50x6, 35x8, 20x8, 10x10 (failure)

machine shrugs
270*x4, 180x6, 90x6, 90x4

delt extensions
15x8, 20x8, 15x8

No cardio, I'll get up early tomorrow and get it done! Diet was ok, trying to get more real food in, will start posting that again tomorrow.

Quickxi
12-05-2006, 06:52 AM
I like the cold weather, (call me sick), I especially like it when it snows. IS it ever going to snow? That is my morning rant. Off to cardio...

Quickxi
12-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Good day eating today. Found some oats and whey combo. Tastes okay but the numbers are good, and i'm really not eating for taste, lol. Going to be eating my last meal for the day in a few.

Here's the breakdown:

2,885 calories 40% Protein, 38% Carbs, 22% fat

tomorrow is leg day...i'm going to blast those guys haha...

Lowdown5
12-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Good job on the nutrition today!! Legs tomorrow, rest up!!!

Quickxi
12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
haha, i'm looking at my legs, those poor bastards are just sitting there resting on the chair...they have no idea the pain they are going to be in tomorrow...lol

Lowdown5
12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
haha, i'm looking at my legs, those poor bastards are just sitting there resting on the chair...they have no idea the pain they are going to be in tomorrow...lol

LMAO

Quickxi
12-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Off to the gym to crush my legs...

Quickxi
12-06-2006, 12:53 PM
leg workout in the bag...

leg press
180x8, 360x8, 520x4, 270x6

hack squat
90x6, 200x4, 90x6

hamstring curls
45x8, 90x8, 125x6, 90x10, 90x8

leg extensions (individual legs)
25x8, 35x8, 45x8, 35x8

calf extensions
90x8, 180x8, 90x8

drinking my pwo now, (labrada)

Quickxi
12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
ok, so i took advice and am trying to incorporate more foods into my diet. Choking down cottage cheese with a couple of raspberries. Yuck! This concoction is awful. Who was the first person to let milk curdle, then decide to eat the chuncks? Simply brutal...

Quickxi
12-06-2006, 10:08 PM
forgot to post calories etc...

2908 calories 38% protein 37% carbs 25% fat

cheat meal on saturday....i counting the cottage cheese curdles to that meal...!

Quickxi
12-07-2006, 08:28 PM
2775 calories 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat, haha easy break down...
tough cardio morning, walking that hill is t-o-u-g-h! cardio=3/4 mile brisk walk down then up and up and up s-t-e-e-e-e-e-p hill!

Quickxi
12-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I complained about this yesterday and i will complain about it now, I can't believe i'm eating cottage cheese. It is so not good, i'm eating it pretending it is pizza cheese....it's not working...lol

Quickxi
12-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Man, is it wednesday yet? I cannot wait until 6pm on wednesday, done for the rest of the year!!!!! 129 hours and 15 minutes to go! I'm not at the point where i'm counting the seconds, but it's coming. Anyway, finished cardio, that damn hill. Today is gonna be a tough day to get all my meals in, my boss will be with me all day today. I'm gonna have to rely heavily on my supplemental shakes. Oh well, 129 and 14...lol

Quickxi
12-09-2006, 05:52 AM
yesterday's calories were way low, but I know it was going to happen. I had to rely too heavily on rtd's yesterday. Here's yesterday's numbers:
1855 calories, 45% protein, 38% carbs, 17% fat. I have to work today, I HATE WORKING SATURDAYS! I guess the best way to look at it, is to just continue my countdown: 106 hours til vacation! 106 hours til vacation!!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 08:32 AM
weigh day and chest day today, i'll post the results when I return from the gym.

(is it wednesday yet?)

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
okay gym day, here's the results:

CHEST

incline press
135*8, 260*3, 135*8

hammer incline
180*8, 360*8, 450*1 PB!!!!!, 270*6

modified chest press
30*8, 40*8, 50*8

pec dec
40*8, 80*8, 120*6, 80*6, 40*6

machine press
80*8, 160*8, 80*6

*chest exhausted

WEIGH IN: 254! Done another pound....woohoo!!!!!

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey Bro,
Looks like the nutrition and workouts are coming along pretty well. I hear ya on the cottage cheese. I found one way that makes it tolerable, at least to me. Yoplait yogurt makes a lowfat Apple pie yogurt, mix a container with cottage cheese, a touch of cinnamon, and it is not to bad. Maybe you can fit that in the diet, makes eating somewhat more enjoyable.

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 01:09 PM
i'll work that in. seriously man who looked at curdled milk and said, hmmmm, i'm gonna eat those chunks?

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 01:21 PM
i'll work that in. seriously man who looked at curdled milk and said, hmmmm, i'm gonna eat those chunks?

Either somebody starving, or sick and twisted! Maybe both!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
you enjoying your time off from work?

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 01:26 PM
you enjoying your time off from work?

I am loving it! My new boss called on Friday and posyponed my start date until the 27th of December, which is fine with me. Got 2 weeks that I can relax, work out and get my diet 100% in order!
How is everything going for you??

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 01:32 PM
man, wednesday at 6:00pm!!! Last day of work until Jan 2! I absolutely cannot wait! Normally I roll my vacation over until the following year, but this year they didn't allow me to do that. So I'm taking it on wed!

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 01:35 PM
man, wednesday at 6:00pm!!! Last day of work until Jan 2! I absolutely cannot wait! Normally I roll my vacation over until the following year, but this year they didn't allow me to do that. So I'm taking it on wed!

Vacation is good!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 01:39 PM
i have my diet/workout/playtime scheduled. Should be able to blast that gym! Tomorrow is arm/cardio day, gonna get those arms...lol

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 01:49 PM
i have my diet/workout/playtime scheduled. Should be able to blast that gym! Tomorrow is arm/cardio day, gonna get those arms...lol

Get em good!!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 01:52 PM
2 more posts for ya, you go over 1000!

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
2 more posts for ya, you go over 1000!

Got the 1000, now moving toward 2000!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 02:23 PM
lol, i'm moving to 100.

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
lol, i'm moving to 100.

7 more!!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
lol, i'll get there soon!

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 03:18 PM
lol, i'll get there soon!

only 6 more!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 03:19 PM
LMAO! I think this is cheating, but it's my thread!

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 03:22 PM
LMAO! I think this is cheating, but it's my thread!

5 more, come on!!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 03:23 PM
i'm drinking an RTD right now...Labrada, I guess that is note worthy.

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 03:27 PM
i'm drinking an RTD right now...Labrada, I guess that is note worthy.

Labrada stuff is supposed to be good!

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Cowboys are losing big. grrrrrrrrrrrrr... :(
anyway food breakdown for the day.

calories 2,690
protein 40%
carbs 36%
fat 24%

hopin for the comeback it's lookin bad right now :(

NY5000
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
At what amount of weight lost does loose skin become a problem. Or does it vary from person to person?

Lowdown5
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
good job on the diet

Quickxi
12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Darn Cowboys, they looked AWFUL!

Anyway, tomorrow is arms and cardio....

Quickxi
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I slept like an insomniac last night. For some reason I just couldn't get a good night's sleep. The problem with that is, when I don't sleep well I get
H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E headaches. Today was no exception. I did an arm workout today which I will post later, but I skipped cardio. My temples were throbbing and the thought of doing 20+ minutes on the elipitical turned my stomach. Anyway, my arm workout was pretty good; off to work!

Lowdown5
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
I slept like an insomniac last night. For some reason I just couldn't get a good night's sleep. The problem with that is, when I don't sleep well I get
H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E headaches. Today was no exception. I did an arm workout today which I will post later, but I skipped cardio. My temples were throbbing and the thought of doing 20+ minutes on the elipitical turned my stomach. Anyway, my arm workout was pretty good; off to work!

Hope you are feeling better!!

Quickxi
12-11-2006, 10:24 PM
arm workout

preacher curls
95*8, 115*3, 95*8

concentration preacher curls (each seperate)
30*8, 35*8, 40*8

hammer strength curls
30*8, 70*8, 110*8, 70*8, 30*8, 30*12

inside out curls
25*8, 30*8, 25*8

tricep pulldowns
45*8, 70*8, 45*8

<><><><><>HEADACHE<><><><><><>
NO CARDIO

food breakdown
3,150 calories 38% protein, 42% carbs, 20% fat

silly me! I'm tired as heck and I stayed up to watch the Bears/Rams game, (I had Fantasy Football guys playing), now i'm wired and can't sleep lol!

Shivati
12-12-2006, 08:37 AM
grats on 6 lbs! so what i do to help the cottage cheese is put turkey bacon bits in it, whilke they're still hot. i used to make this salad YEARS ago that was greens, turkey bacon, ccheese, flax oil/ vin, and spirulina and parm cheese that came to like 20g prot and under 300 cal.... i ate that every freakin day.

so im off to deal with the boss boss... had a busy busy weekend now back to work. i suppose i should try alittle harder myself... you're doing so good, and well.... i ate pizza last night :P

Lowdown5
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Good workout quickxi!

Quickxi
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM
woke up this morning, went for my cardio. Walked, "the hill." Down the hill, up it, then down to the middle, then to the top again. TOUGHEST WALK EVER! My legs were on fire, they were burning so much, i had a smoke trail.

Anyway, breakdown for the day:

2,550 calories
39% protein
42% carbs
19% fat

Wednesday at 6:00pm est. VACATION TIME!!!!

Lowdown5
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
woke up this morning, went for my cardio. Walked, "the hill." Down the hill, up it, then down to the middle, then to the top again. TOUGHEST WALK EVER! My legs were on fire, they were burning so much, i had a smoke trail.

Anyway, breakdown for the day:

2,550 calories
39% protein
42% carbs
19% fat

Wednesday at 6:00pm est. VACATION TIME!!!!

Hills are bad, vacation is good!!!!

Quickxi
12-13-2006, 06:42 AM
no gym/cardio today. i'm eating my whey/oats as I type this. Not as bad as cottage cheese lol, but it's not my cheat meal. Anyway, only a few more hours, my countdown is now on! 9 hours twenty minutes until vacation. Today is gonna go sooo slow! It's gonna be like I was in high school/college just sitting in class staring at the clock begging it to move forward! My eyes are gonna be glued to my watch.
Tomorrow is the first day of vacation and i'm gonna blast my shoulders....have a nice day everyone....

Quickxi
12-13-2006, 10:13 PM
vacation time finally! what a crappy day today was...

shoulders tomorrow...night all

Lowdown5
12-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Have a great workout!! Vacation, allright!!

Quickxi
12-15-2006, 07:16 AM
yesterday was day #1 of vacation. Shoulders workout:

seated military press:
135*8, 185*3 PB!, 135*8

hammer shoulder press:
180*8, 270*4, 180*8, 90*6

t-bar:
45*8, 100*8, 125*6, 45*8

hammer lats:
90*8, 180*6, 200*2, 90*8

trap drop sets: (move on as fast as possible when dropping weights)
80*8, 65*8, 50*8, 35*8, 20*12

hammer traps:
180*12, 90*8, 90*12 FAILURE

20 minutes cardio...

shoulders/uppper back are sore this morning! Leg workout in a bit....

Lowdown5
12-15-2006, 11:47 AM
yesterday was day #1 of vacation. Shoulders workout:

seated military press:
135*8, 185*3 PB!, 135*8

hammer shoulder press:
180*8, 270*4, 180*8, 90*6

t-bar:
45*8, 100*8, 125*6, 45*8

hammer lats:
90*8, 180*6, 200*2, 90*8

trap drop sets: (move on as fast as possible when dropping weights)
80*8, 65*8, 50*8, 35*8, 20*12

hammer traps:
180*12, 90*8, 90*12 FAILURE

20 minutes cardio...

shoulders/uppper back are sore this morning! Leg workout in a bit....

Great workout, a PR on militarys, awesome!!

Lowdown5
12-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Quickxi, where you at??

Quickxi
12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
visited parents this weekend, will post in awhile

Quickxi
12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
long weekend. had to half ass my diet. I planned for sunday to be a cheat, but it turned into a CHEAT! Anyway back to the gym, chest workout today:

incline press:
135*8, 250*4, 135*8

hammer incline press
180*8, 450*1, 360*6, 270*6, 180*8

modified pec press
25*8, 35*8, 50*8 (I could go heavier, but have found the lighter weight
gives me a much nicer pump.)

cables
100*8, 160*8, 100*8

pec dec
40*8, 80*8, 120*6

cardio
elipitical weightloss program the i make the incline as high as possible
22 minutes

Lowdown5
12-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Workout looks great!! Stay the course my friend!

Quickxi
12-18-2006, 09:12 PM
calories 2650
protein 38%
carbs 32%
fat 30%

arms tomorrow

Quickxi
12-19-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm off to the gym for an arm workout/cardio. I will be coming back here to shower and then i'm off to finish (I really mean start, lmao) my christmas shopping. Hopefully it goes very well...

have a good day all...

Quickxi
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's my arm workout today:

preacher curls:
75*8, 95*8, 75*8

single arm
30*8, 35*8, 40*8, 45*4

hammers
30*8, 35*8, 40*8

hammer strength
45*8, 85*8, 105*4

tricep pulldown (single arm)
20*8, 40*8, 60*8

Left inner elbow near left part of bicep was sorer then normal today. Usually is sore depending on movements but today was much worse. I've read enought in these forums to suspect tendonitis. I'll have to monitor this alot more.

Well off to "finish" haha (start) my christmas shopping, (after a shower of course).

Lowdown5
12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Workout looks good, just take care of the elbow. Enjoy the shopping.

Quickxi
12-20-2006, 02:47 PM
easy day today, nothing. no cardio, no lifting, etc. It is planned. Shoulders and cardio tomorrow...will post diet later this evening. Hope you're having a good day John!

Quickxi
12-21-2006, 04:57 PM
typical shoulder workout, nothing out of the ordinary. I got an ipod from my parents, so it was nice to work out to music I like instead of something by Yanni.

My weight loss has stopped, or slowed down significantly. My strength is actually INCREASING and my wife has stated that she can see FAT LOSS. I'm therefore ASSUMING, (and please correct me or leave other opinions) that i'm gaining muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time. Any thoughts...

Lowdown5
12-21-2006, 05:14 PM
typical shoulder workout, nothing out of the ordinary. I got an ipod from my parents, so it was nice to work out to music I like instead of something by Yanni.

My weight loss has stopped, or slowed down significantly. My strength is actually INCREASING and my wife has stated that she can see FAT LOSS. I'm therefore ASSUMING, (and please correct me or leave other opinions) that i'm gaining muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time. Any thoughts...

What you weigh is irrellevant I think. Look at a Jay Cutler. If you said a guy was 5'9" and 300 pounds, you assume a fat person. He ain't fat. I am learning that if my clothes fit better, my wife or friends give a compliment, then that is more important than the scale. If I weighed 250 at 30% bodyfat, I would still be unhappy. But 250 at 10%, now that is success. Throw the scale away, track bodyfat.

Quickxi
12-22-2006, 08:54 AM
good point as always john. I appreciate it! I'm off to the gym, it's my leg day. Since I don't have to do anything tomorrow, my goal is to not be able to walk. I only want to shuffle around, lmao!

I'm going to NJ for this weekend, so i'll try and post before I leave this afternoon. I'll be back on Sat night or Sunday. Have a nice early weekend.

Lowdown5
12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Have a safe trip my friend, and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!!

Quickxi
12-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone. I will return to post again on Tuesday... I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday!

Quickxi
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
okay, just dropping in. The holiday craziness is over; wednesday is arm/cardio day. I'll post after the gym...

Quickxi
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Okay, wednesday turned out to be a shoulder day instead.

seated military press
135*8, 155*8, 135*8

hammer shoulder press
90*8, 180*8, 270*3, 180*4

t-bar
45*8, 100*8, 125*4, 45*8

hammer rows (I did single arms this time)
45*8, 90*8, 100*6

trap machine
90*8, 180*8, 270*6

dumbell traps
90*6, 65*8, 40*8

no cardio...

Quickxi
12-29-2006, 10:33 AM
yesterday was leg day

leg press
180*6, 360*6, 560*3, 360*6, 180*6

hack squat machine
90*6, 180*6, 230*6, 90*8

hamstring curl (hammer)
45*8, 90*8, 135*4, 90*8, 45*12

leg extensions (hammer/individual)
45*8, 65*8, 45*6

calf raises
90*8, 180*8, 180*8

Quickxi
12-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Okay, so I've gotten the last two days worth of workouts posted. Today is a planned rest day. Tomorrow is chest followed by arms on sunday. My vacation is winding down :( I have to go back to work on Tuesday. The past two weeks have flown bye!

Lowdown5
12-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Going back to work sucks, but you gotta earn money for food and supplements!! Happy New Year my friend!!

Quickxi
12-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Had some family issues today. I did not get to the gym so everything gets pushed back a day. Chest is tomorrow etc. New year's eve is tomorrow, I won't be doing much partying so i'm not worried about my diet for the day. I'll post after tomorrow's chest workout...night all!!!

Lowdown5
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Happy New Years my friend!!

Quickxi
12-31-2006, 03:22 PM
The gym was supposed to be open today until 4:30pm. There must've been a change of plan because it was closed when I got there at 1:30. So tomorrow is chest day...

Very frustrated with missing the gym/my schedule...

Happy New year's All!

SPACECLOWN
12-31-2006, 07:52 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r102/silky_mn_man/04061837eq.jpg

Quickxi
01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
lol, says bandwidth exceeded...

chest workout today

incline press
135*8, 250*4, 135*8

hammer incline press
180*8, 450*2, 360*6, 270*6, 180*8, 90*12

cable crossovers
50*8, 70*8, 90*4, 50*8

pec dec
45*8, 65*8, 95*6, 45*8

chest press machine
85*12, 225*8, 150*8

cardio

eliptical, program=weight loss
minutes-resistance-incline
4 - 4 - 6
4 - 10 - 20
4 - 4 - 6
4 - 12 - 20
4 - 6 - 4
4 - 4 - 4

Lowdown5
01-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Great workout!!

Quickxi
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
dymatize oatmeal tastes ok, 30-35 protein, ok to eat?

Quickxi
01-02-2007, 06:32 AM
last night's fiesta bowl was the greatest game i've ever seen in my 29 years of life! Oh my god was it amazing!

Quickxi
01-02-2007, 10:12 PM
okay here's my diet for the day:

m1- oats and whey
m2- new whey
m3- 6oz chicken + 1/2 cups spinach + 2tbsp ff sour cream
m4- labrada rtd + scoop fiber
m5- 2 laura lean beef patties + 1/2 cup beans
m6- 4oz egg whites + 2 eggs + 2 pieces of 12 grain bread toasted

tomorrow is shoulders/cardio

Quickxi
01-03-2007, 12:32 PM
shoulder workout today

seated military press
45*8, 135*8, 190*3-shaky needed some touches from my spotter; i'll
get this completely by myself next week for my new
personal best!

hammer shoulder press
90*8, 180*8, 250*6, 180*6

t-bar
45*8, 95*8, 45*6

hammer rows
45*8, 90*8, 45*6

lat pulldowns
50*8, 100*6, 120*3, 80*6

hammer shrugs
90*8, 270*8, 180*8, 90*8, 90*8

dumbell delt (chicken wings, lol, i don't know the real name of these)
15*8, 20*8, 15*8

cardio will be this evening, before Friday Night Lights and tonights Bowl Game. Will post later this evening...

Lowdown5
01-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Good workout Brother!!

heathershubby
01-03-2007, 08:11 PM
keep it up bro you are doing awsome I am lovin reading your workouts wow great effort bro keep it up

Quickxi
01-03-2007, 10:35 PM
appreciate the comments fellas, they are motivating. I've got legs tomorrow, gonna make them hurt, lol!

Quickxi
01-04-2007, 09:32 PM
leg workout today:

leg press
180*8, 360*8, 550*4, 360*6, 180*6

hack squat
90*8, 180*8, 230*6, 90*8

hamstring extensions
45*8, 90*8, 135*4, 90*30 (FAILURE)

calf stands
180*8, 270*8, 270*8

Quickxi
01-05-2007, 06:55 PM
I've worked out legs before, i've battered them before, they've been very sore before, but....OH MY GOD DO MY HAMSTRINGS HURT! WOW!

hope everyone has a nice weekend...

Lowdown5
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
The hammies are barkin for me too tonight!!

Quickxi
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
DAMN COWBOYS!!! :(

:( dropped snap :(

they beat themselves :( again :(

Quickxi
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
chest workout

incline
135*8, 250*4, 135*8

hammer incline
180*8, 270*8, 460*1, 360*4, 270*6

cables
50*8, 80*8, 50*8

pec dec
45*8, 90*8, 45*6

ab crunch machine
10, 10, 12

25 minutes cardio on the elipitical

tomorrow is arms

Quickxi
01-08-2007, 10:25 PM
lol, I think I hear crickets in here, :)

anyway, arms today:

preacher curls
25*8, 115*6, 115*4

single arm concentration:
25*6, 30*6, 35*6, 40*3

hammer curls
25*6, 35*6, 25*6

cable curls (this was just something different)
25*8, 35*8, 40*6

barbell curls wide grip
50*8, 85*8, 50*8, 30*12

tricep pulldowns
50*8, 85*8, 115*6, 65*6

cardio

25 minutes on eliptical

Quickxi
01-08-2007, 10:28 PM
almost forgot, first the Cowboys lose :(, now my Buckeyes get destroyed, :( rough week to be on a team that I like...:(

scheduled off day tomorrow, wednesday is shoulders...

later....

Quickxi
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
measurements are in:
(relaxed for all)

good: hips 47.5 --> 47.25 down 0.25!
thigh 27 --> 26 down 1.00!

bad: waist 50 --> 50 no change!!! Super disappointed! :(

don't know if
good or bad: arms 17 --> 17.5
shoulders 52.5 --> 53
These numbers went UP; I do work them out to build muscle but, I don't know if it's good or bad!?!?! :\

grrrrrr!!!!

Anyway; Shoulders tomorrow along with cardio again....

Lowdown5
01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
measurements are in:
(relaxed for all)

good: hips 47.5 --> 47.25 down 0.25!
thigh 27 --> 26 down 1.00!

bad: waist 50 --> 50 no change!!! Super disappointed! :(

don't know if
good or bad: arms 17 --> 17.5
shoulders 52.5 --> 53
These numbers went UP; I do work them out to build muscle but, I don't know if it's good or bad!?!?! :\

grrrrrr!!!!

Anyway; Shoulders tomorrow along with cardio again....

NO DISAPPOINTMENT!! You are doing great! You stay at it, or else! Got it??...:)

Quickxi
01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
thanks man!

shoulders were today:

seated military press
135*8, 190* 1/2 (lol not yet), 175*4, 135*6

hammer shoulder press
180*6, 250*6, 180*6

t-bar
50*8, 115*4, 50*8

hammer rows
90*8, 180*8, 230*4, 180*4

lat pulldowns
40*8, 60*8, 100*8, 120*4, 80*8

reverse cables
30*8, 50*6, 70*4, 30*8

hammer traps
180*8, 270*8, 180*8, 90*8

cardio
28 minutes elipitical <weight loss program>

tomorrow is legs

Quickxi
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
legs today:

instead of the usual leg press, I tried a "plate loaded squat machine"

180*8, 360*8, 540*6, 720*2 (woohoo! I can push alot more on this then the leg press machine! :) )

hack squat machine
90*8, 180*6, 90*8

hamstring curls
45*8, 90*8, 125*6, 90*8, 45*8

leg extensions (individual leg)
45*8, 70*3, 45*6

calf raises
90*8, 180*8, 180*8

no cardio today...

legs are sore right now, means tomorrow they'll be real sore, lol!

Quickxi
01-12-2007, 07:05 PM
legs aren't as sore as I was thinking, which is good. Nothing tomorrow, chest/cardio on Sunday. Hope everything works out well with your knee LD!

Quickxi
01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
chest day today

incline
135*8, 250*4, 135*8

incline hammer
180*8, 360*4, 450*1, 360*2, 270*4, 180*6

pec dec
45*8, 65*4, 45*8

fly machine
70*8, 110*8, 195*6, 160*6

chest press machine
100*8, 155*8, 195*6, 140*8

cardio

22 minutes on the cybex

Quickxi
01-15-2007, 09:37 PM
arms today:

preacher curls:
75*8, 115*8, 115*6

single arm concentrations:
30*8, 35*8, 40*8

hammer curls
25*8, 30*8, 35*6

hammer strength curls (machine)
45*8, 70*8, 100*4

straight bars curls
40*8, 60*8, 80*6, 60*6, 40*6, 20*8

wrist curls
5*10, 10*10

no cardio, gym was P A C K E D!

Cardio will be Tuesday morning instead....

Quickxi
01-16-2007, 06:59 AM
cardio in. 25 min walk up "the hill" I prefer cardio in the rain, makes it seem easier. Have a nice day all...

Quickxi
01-16-2007, 07:03 AM
If you are checking this out, do me a favor and leave a comment for me. The crickets in here are starting to give me a headache, lol!

Anyway, next weigh-in is Sunday, shooting for another pound off!

LVI
01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey I was wondering how the weight loss is going?

Quickxi
01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
started at 260, dropped to 254, over the holidays went to 261, now i'm back to 255. However, my strength is way up so i'm back to losing fat...

shoulders today:

seated military press
45*8, 135*8, 155*6

hammer shoulder press
180*8, 255*6, 180*6

hammer lat rows
90*8, 180*6, 90*8

lat pulldowns
40*8, 80*8, 120*4, 100*4, 60*8

hammer shrugs
180*8, 270* 6, 180*6, 90*8, 90*6

single shoulder pulls (chicken wings lol)
20*8, 25*8, 20*8

tomorrow is leg day!

SPACECLOWN
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/Rezz5667/05050598.gif

Subscribing to this :D

Quickxi
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
lol, thanx man, your pics will cheer up the crickets in here, lol!

SPACECLOWN
01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I hope so. C-ya in the am
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/Rezz5667/bandaid.jpg

Quickxi
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
off to blast my legs; i'll post the results upon my return...

SPACECLOWN
01-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Kick some ass!

This message brought to you by
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/evangel_42/fisting.jpg

Quickxi
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
leg day

plate loaded squat machine
270*8, 540*6, 720*2, 540*4, 360*4, 180*4

hack squat machine
90*6, 180*6, 235*3, 180*4

hamstring curls
45*8, 90*8, 125*8, 90*8

calf raises
180*8, 270*8, 270*6

no leg extensions today, went hard on the squat machine...

til tomorrow, night all!

SPACECLOWN
01-19-2007, 09:07 AM
God damn it! 720lb squat for 2 is insane! I was all excited I squated 600lbs today for 4. Thanks for pissing on my parade :D Great job!

Quickxi
01-20-2007, 06:06 AM
today is my weekly cheat day. thank god, i need some grease!

Lowdown5
01-20-2007, 09:19 AM
It's not a cheat, it's a refeed!!!

LOL

Refeed well!

JaeGee
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
whats up buddy, i read through most of your journal. good job so far. just for some encouragement last year i weighed 274 in january. and one year later i am right at 225 and have gotten just a small bit stronger.

i was hoping that dork from the first page was still posting in your journal. because his beliefs just made me laugh.

nice workouts as well. but i got one question. when do you do back and abs?

repped and subscribed.

Quickxi
01-20-2007, 04:49 PM
ah my cheat meal was awesome! Burgers and fries, mm-mmm! Next cheat day is on Super Bowl, so I've good a little ways to go!

I'll start posting my ab workout, I normally do abs on arm days, which is once a week. Back is different, in the past, I never worked that out so I'm starting to integrate some back exercises into my shoulder workouts. T-Bar, lat pulldowns, and hammer rows are what I do now. I'm open to other suggestions though, just remember, even though I've been working out for years, "back" was something more of an after thought.

Here's my weekly breakdown:

Sun- Chest/Cardio
Mon- Arms/Abs/Cardio
Tue- Cardio
Wed- Shoulders/Back/Cardio
Thu- Legs
Fri- Off
Sat- Off

I also looked through my thread and realized I've never listed my supplements. Here's my list:

Men's Multi
Fish Oil (enteric coated)
CoQ10
Resveratrol
Vitamin C
Probiotic
Digestive Enzymes
Glutamine
Lean Body MRP's
New Whey Protein Tubes
Renew Life Organic Fiber

As you can probably deduce, I have severe GERD. (Daily Aciphex, soon to be a daily Nexium because insurance companies are silly.) I take some supplements to help with digestion and some to prevent some problems that could arise from gerd.

Any way, I appreciate the support, tomorrow is chest day, night all!

Quickxi
01-21-2007, 12:40 PM
chest workout today

incline chest press
135*8, 255*3 (not quite 4, tap tap from spotter), 135*6

incline hammer press
180*8, 450*1, 360*3, 270*6, 180*6, 90*8

cables
100*8, 140*8, 100*8

pec dec
40*8, 60*8, 40*8

cardio
30 minutes eliptical

tomorrow is arm day

Quickxi
01-21-2007, 12:42 PM
forgot to mention: Sunday is weigh day, lost 3lbs from last week's weigh in! Puts me back down to 254 (from 260). This is where I was when the holiday junk food reared its ugly head, no holiday problems this time!

JaeGee
01-21-2007, 01:54 PM
congrats on the weight loss! also nice chest workout. is the hammer lift the semi machine where you add your own weight but the rest is pretty much machine style?

also you ever think about doing cable unders? they always shred and isolate my chest.

SPACECLOWN
01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Congrats on the weight loss brother! Woo Hoo

LVI
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Good work on the weight loss. Keep it up!

SPACECLOWN
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Where you at slacker ?

JaeGee
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
lol it's been a day.

Quickxi
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
better late than never!

okay arm day today,

preacher curls
85*8, 115*8, 85*8

concentration curls
30*8, 35*8, 40*6

tricep pulldowns
70*8, 90*8, 120*8

hammer curls
20*8, 25*8, 30*6, 20*8

barbell curls
80*8, 60*8, 40*8, 30*6

abs

28 minutes of cardio on the eliptical

Quickxi
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
chest hammer is where I load the plates but it's similar to a machine :)

tomorrow is shoulders; then I'm going away for work until the weekend. I'll post my workout after the gym, before I leave for NY. I'll be back friday night, can't wait to see how bad the hotel gym is! Anyway, i'll be home for the weekend until tuesday, when I leave to go back to NY for 12 days! Yech! I'm gonna keep my diet under control as best I can, but the hotel gym is going to interesting.

I'm not thrilled.... :( :(

JaeGee
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
chest hammer is where I load the plates but it's similar to a machine :)

tomorrow is shoulders; then I'm going away for work until the weekend. I'll post my workout after the gym, before I leave for NY. I'll be back friday night, can't wait to see how bad the hotel gym is! Anyway, i'll be home for the weekend until tuesday, when I leave to go back to NY for 12 days! Yech! I'm gonna keep my diet under control as best I can, but the hotel gym is going to interesting.

I'm not thrilled.... :( :(

all you have to remember is to do the best you can with each situation given to you. im sure it wont be too bad. but just because you have to eat out each night doesn't mean to let yourself get carried away with portion control.

on the barbell curls...why did you decrease the weight and the reps?

Quickxi
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
these curls are somewhat modified; i'm going for a nice pump here.

It would be better if I posted it like this

80*1 full, 80*1 half (peak only), 80*1 full, basically going for the pump in my bicep.

I try and keep strict form while forcing blood into the muscle, the drop in weight is because I can no longer lift the 80, 60, etc. The only break is while i'm placing the 80 down to pick the 60 up. This was the last arm workout for the day, and they were tired!

Would you recommend something different?

JaeGee
01-23-2007, 06:13 PM
ooooh. i didnt realize it was a drop set. nope i cant recommend anything better, i love me them drop sets!

makes your bi's feel like balloons!

SPACECLOWN
01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Have a safe trip and hotel gyms typically blow :( On the bright side NY has lots of hookers so you can do lots of cardio :D

Quickxi
01-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Well Spaceclown, no hookers where I was so the cardio was limited. The hotel gym was, well a hotel gym. AWFUL! I go back to NY on Tuesday and i'll be there until the following Wednesday. This time they are putting me up in a hotel room that has a kitchen! This will make it much easier to stay on my eating schedule! I guess if there is a bright spot about being on travel for 10 days away from my family, there it is. Anyway, chest day is today, so when I get back from the gym, i'll post my workout...

Quickxi
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
chest workout

incline press
135*8, 250*4, 135*6

incline hammer press
180*6, 410*2, 360*4, 270*6, 180*6

incline dumbell press
55*6, 60*6, 65*6, 70*6

cables
40*6, 60*6, 80*6

cardio
24 minutes

arms/abs tomorrow...

JaeGee
01-28-2007, 12:06 PM
chest workout

incline press
135*8, 250*4, 135*6

incline hammer press
180*6, 410*2, 360*4, 270*6, 180*6

incline dumbell press
55*6, 60*6, 65*6, 70*6

cables
40*6, 60*6, 80*6

cardio
24 minutes

arms/abs tomorrow...

nice workout!

its pretty sweet that they are hooking you up with a kitchen atleast. are you going to be able to post while you are away? got a laptop or something?

Quickxi
01-28-2007, 04:46 PM
no, don't have a laptop :( I'll check to see, sometimes the hotel has a computer in the lobby for guests to use. If that is the case, i'll definetly post, if not, well I come back the following wed. :( So i'll keep my fingers crossed...

SPACECLOWN
01-29-2007, 07:37 AM
No hookers :mad: well atleast you got a good WO in anyway. When I am on the road having a kitchen really helps with the diet and saves me tons of money. Maybe next trip the hookers will be out. Probably to cold for them now :D

Shivati
01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Well it sounds like your doing really good *kudos for you. And to encourage you i saw this show called 33,000 calories on Lifetime yesterday about the day in the life of 4 obese people that consume as much as 33,000 calories a day! The one lady, bless her soul, was gaining 50 pounds a month! So, well while your in that crappy hotel gym and you just had a mini cheat meal... at least you don't have to walk briskly for 2.5 days staright to burn off all your calories :P

Quickxi
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
33,000 calories?!?! Now THAT is a cheat meal! Man, what were they eating to get that high? Were they just sitting eating icing wrapped in bacon? Man that's nuts!

Anyway shoulders/back today:

seated military press
135*8, 145*8, 155*4

hammer military machine
180*8, 250*6, 260*4, 180*6

lat pulldowns
80*8, 100*6, 120*6, 100*6

hammer machine rows
90*8, 180*6, 200*6, 90*8

reverse cables
30*8, 50*8, 60*6, 40*6

shrugs
95*8, 80*6, 65*8, 50*8, 35*8

delt extensions (chicken wings)
20*8, 25*8, 30*4, 20*6

hammer machine shrugs
270*6, 180*8, 90*8, 90*6, 90*4, 90*2

and, i'm freakin EXHAUSTED!!!! Wow! I'm gonna relax for a bit, i'll post later...

SPACECLOWN
01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
MMMMM bacon! I loved fried pork everything!

JaeGee
01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
That documentary on youtube or something, Damn I would love to see someone eat that much in one day. I would be glued to the screen in envy ;)

Nice workout quick!

Quickxi
01-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, last post until NEXT wed night, (unless the hotel has a "community" computer). I WILL be able to "visit" the site, just not able to post messages, (it's a work thing, don't ask). So if anyone wants to leave me a silly message that i'm unable to post or reply to, please feel free...Spaceclown, i'm looking at you :)

The fact that i'm staying in a hotel room that has a kitchen is going to very nice. My cheat day is planned for this Sunday, for the Super Bowl of course. Anyway have a nice 8 days, and I will return next week...

SPACECLOWN
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
have fun bud!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/Rezz5667/271151912_l.jpg

SPACECLOWN
01-30-2007, 11:34 AM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/Rezz5667/f1694fa5.gif

Shivati
02-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Too bad you'll be stuck in that lil hotel tomorrow and can't have some yummy homemade fried chicken and macaroni with bbq pork chops and ooooey goooey natcho dip! And you are all the better for it!!! Enjoy your cheat day tomorrow boss and try not to go crazy in that lil' chinese take-out box they set you up in. Just think, with all that down time you can do ridiculous amounts of cardio (hotel bike? treadmill?), probably enough to make it through the gideons they gave you while on the machine :P
hehe for real, i probably missed it but cardio?! Take to those marvelous carpeted stairs!

Quickxi
02-07-2007, 09:03 PM
back!

Leg workout tomorrow, the trip was BAD. Hotel was BAD, the "kitchen" was bad, just bad, bad.

Will post better update tomorrow....

SPACECLOWN
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
That sucks! Catch up with ya in the AM

JaeGee
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
i guess the trip was bad. so it sounds like the food was excellent :)

Quickxi
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
no the food wasn't good either. I did the best I could, I found some frozen South Beach Diet dinners and some Lean Stouffers. I did the best that I could with the macros, but the sodium levels were through the roof! I should've just carried a trough around with me, it would have been easier than guzzling gallons of water at a time.
The "kitchen" in the hotel was the following: fridge, sink, microwave, stovetop. That's it.
Oh yeah, the "state of the art gym?" LOL! That was two treadmills and an elipitical! So I did have 4 days of cardio...

Anyway, chest day is tomorrow, and i'll wiegh myself to see how much water weight i've gained, (seriously, I was drinking soo much water I was sloshing around!)

JaeGee
02-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh that doesn't sound too bad at all, don't worry about the sodium. I don't really understand why people think it's such a horrible thing. Your system will go back down to normal after a couple of days.

And yah, I haven't seen a good gym at a hotel yet. I swear they probably buy some hotel fitness package that comes complete with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, an all-in-one machine, and a 19 inches semi-color tv hanging in a corner lol.

Quickxi
02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
and the scale says......you're right! 253! Down 2.5 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I'm very pleased with those results, especially since I didn't lift in a bit. Sodium didn't play as big a part as I thought, thanks JG!

Chest today,

incline
135*8, 240*6, 135*6

hammer incline press
180*8, 450*1, 360*3, 270*6

dumbell incline press
60*8, 65*8, 70*8

pec dec
40*8, 60*8, 80*8

cardio

cybex machine 22 minutes...

JaeGee
02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
nice workout quick. did i see 2 drop sets in there? damn your chest must be sore lol. and a 450 hammer incline press is very impressive. good work!

Quickxi
02-11-2007, 08:48 PM
arms today:

preacher
75*8, 95*8, 115*3

concentration curls
30*8, 35*8, 40*6

tricep pulldowns
80*8, 100*8, 120*6

hammer curls
25*8, 30*8, 35*6

drop set
80*6, 60*6, 40*6, 20*8, 20*8

shoulders tomorrow...

JaeGee
02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Geezus 40 lb concentration curls? That's ****en ridiculous! Do you have a license for those guns?

Quickxi
02-12-2007, 08:08 AM
lol, they are covered in a very thick layer of fat. Since they are "hidden" a license isn't required, :) lmao! off to my shoulder workout...

SPACECLOWN
02-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Been slammed. Congrats on the weight loss.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/kurlygal/dilldoe.jpg

Quickxi
02-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow! Today's workout was crazy! For some reason, it felt like I was 5 years younger, in college, and taking my (then legal) prohormone stack! It was a good workout.

seated military press
135*8, 160*5, 170*2

hammer military press
180*8, 250*6, 260*4

t-bar
50*8, 100*8, 115*4

hammer rows
90*8, 180*8, 210*6

lat pulldowns
60*8, 80*8, 100*8, 120*4

dumbell traps
100*8, 85*6, 70*8, 55*8, 40*8, 30*12 OWWW! OWWW!

side delt extensions
20*8, 25*8, 30*4

machine shoulder press
130*6, 110*6, 90*6, 70*8, 50*6, 30*8, 10*8

At this point, I couldn't lift my arms, to scratch my nose. My shoulders are swollen, and I feel good. This was a very good workout... Later..

SPACECLOWN
02-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice job!

BarEdul
02-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Cool deal on the weight loss! I just started following your journal what a wonderful job you have done NICELY DONE!

Quickxi
02-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Little bit of the white stuff out there this morning! 20 min of cardio, my traps are still sore from yesterday! Off day for tomorrow then legs on thursday...have a nice day all!

SPACECLOWN
02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Little bit of the white stuff

:eek: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/CDawg504/skeetskeet.gif

Quickxi
02-13-2007, 11:38 PM
lol! Anyway, new measurements are in...I lost one inch off my waist, under 50!! Go me! Next month hopin for another inch, (if not more!)
Goin to bed now, night all!

SPACECLOWN
02-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Congrats man! Great job

JaeGee
02-14-2007, 02:39 PM
great job this past week quick. and nice improvement to your waistline!

your shoulder workout looked killer, nice work, keep it up!

and lol at the white stuff pic :)

Quickxi
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
yuck! snow, ice, snow, ice. I can't get out of my apartment, they haven't plowed yet! I have a 4x4 but the snow and ice are too deep and I can't get out. :(

It's 16 out and with the windchill it's like 0! They better plow tomorrow or there will be a ton of pissed off people in this complex!

Night all!

Quickxi
02-16-2007, 05:50 AM
finally got out of my apartment yesterday but only because I have a 4x4. The apartment managers NEVER plowed us out. People are still stuck, this morning the maintenance people were out with PICK AXES trying to help this woman out of her spot. The roads are mostly fine, but this complex is horrific.

Anyway, chest day tomorrow, assuming I can still get out....

:( :( :( :(

SPACECLOWN
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
You apt manager sounds like straight up ass bag. Hope you get in a WO today and have a great weekend man! http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/spaceclown/clowns/clown2.gif

LVI
02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
lol! Anyway, new measurements are in...I lost one inch off my waist, under 50!! Go me! Next month hopin for another inch, (if not more!)
Goin to bed now, night all!

Congrats dude. Keep up the hard work.

JaeGee
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
get all the people to file a complaint to the management or send a writeup into the local newspaper. :)

btw it is 72 degrees here in sunny CA and i have got the top down :)

Quickxi
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
HA! Thanks for the info. 72? This morning with the wind chill it was hovering right around -1. So there! I know you'd rather be driving around with the top down when it's -1. Lol! Anyway, they've got some
bulldozers(!!!) outside right now trying to break up this ice/snow!

Chest workout today

incline press
135*8, 255*4, 135*6

hammer press
180*8, 360*4, 450*1, 360*4, 270*6

incline dumbells
65*8, (felt very light, sooo --> ) 75*8, 80*8, 85*6

pec dec
40*8, 60*8, 80*8, 100*4, 80*4, 60*4, 40*3, 20*4 OWWWWW!

cables
40*8, 60*4, 40*4 (probably should have done pec dec last, lol!)

cardio elipitical
28 mins...

ScottC
02-17-2007, 01:28 PM
JaeGee seems pretty excied about that 72 degrees. He has posted that in a few threads. :D

Did a quick scan of your journal. Great job! Keep up the good work!

Quickxi
02-18-2007, 09:19 PM
well with the wind chill, right now it's 9. I know JG is jealous, lol!

Arms today:

preacher curls (going a little lighter on these, some small pain when I go heavier)
75*8, 90*8, 75*8

concentration curls (cross-over on the preacher bench)
30*8, 35*8, 40*6, 45*3! (Last time for starting on 30's)

hammer curls
30*8, 35*8, 40*6

drop set (straight bar)
80*6, 60*6, 40*6, 30*6, 20*8
then
50*6, 40*6, 30*6, 20*8

no triceps today, they grow toooo fast and I look weird(er).

abs
ab crunch machine, a-bench cruches, ab crunch machine

Weigh in today, weight is 254?!?! I've read enough on this site to know that even though my weight loss isn't where i want it, i'm losing inches off my waist, sooo........am I right to assume i'm losing BF?

Shoulders tomorrow...

Quickxi
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
btw, i'm still laughing at Spaceclown's "assbag" comment...lol!

SPACECLOWN
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Sounds like the assbag got hit $hit together finally. Your question about weightloss is correct. Remember muscle weighs more than fat and the mirror > scale.

Quickxi
02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
finished cardio for the day, went with the hill outside. The ice/snow/downed trees added a nice touch to the already difficult "climb." I moved my shoulders to Wed. with Tue being an "off" day. Well off to work...

SPACECLOWN
02-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I am thinking teabagging the landlord is considered cardio :D

jmih95
02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Great journal and great job!!! I am subscribed to this shizzz.

Do you have any before/after pics? What is your current weight?

What part of PA are you in.

Again, great job!!!!

JaeGee
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
great workouts quick! the chest and the arms. lol at the tricep comment.

and yes i made sure to gloat in every thread i could on friday and saturday that the weather is spectacular outside right now.

i didnt realize you were from PA, alot of my family is in the dillsburg, carlise area. you around those parts?

keep up the great work! and yah if your waist keeps getting smaller that is much better than weight loss. hell if you lost inches around your waist and gained weight that is the best of both worlds :)

Quickxi
02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Haha, I haven't figured out how to post pictures or i'd post the before and the during (now) pics. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes north of Baltimore.

The macros for the South Beach Meal + Weight Watchers meal are pretty good. They are a bit high in sodium, but are much better than me eating all bars and MRP's. Still working on my diet to get more "regular" food.

Meals today:

1. MRP+scoop fiber
2. South Beach Diet Meal (chicken +broc****)
3. 8oz cottage cheese + 1/2 cup blueberries
4. Weight Watchers Meal (roast beef, broc****, and cauliflower) + Tri-O-Plex protein cookie
5. MRP+GNU FIber Bar
6. 4eggs, + 1 bagel with jelly
7. 8oz cottage cheese + 1/2 cup blueberries

calories 2450 protein 44% carbs 37.5% fat 18.5%

I know that people will tell me that i'm eating carbs at the wrong time etc. If you've been following my journal you know that my biggest problem is EATING REAL FOOD and not eating all supplements. I'm in the process of retraining my body as to when to want to eat real food.

Note: Cottage Cheese sucks...mixed with some blueberries...it still sucks.
Off day tomorrow, shoulders and cardio Wed.

JaeGee
02-20-2007, 01:06 AM
lol try the cottage cheese with peanut butter. it drowns out thehorrible taste. i am not a big fan of cc either.

Quickxi
02-20-2007, 07:11 AM
lol, ok i'll try that, although I think that if I mixed cottage cheese with some french fries, it would still suck!

I'm pleased with my arm workout from the other day. My arms had a touch of soreness yesterday, and are a little sore today. That hasn't happened in awhile, (the good sore, not the bad) so I'm thinking it was the crazy drop set. Looks like I picked the right day for an "off" day. Well off to work...

jmih95
02-20-2007, 08:57 AM
How much are you spending on your diet? Just curious as you seem to eat a lot of MRP and pre-packaged meals.

Quickxi
02-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Guess i'm estimating at about $30 a day? Off to the gym for shoulders....

JaeGee
02-21-2007, 11:20 AM
$30 a day for food?!

Hope the shoulder workout went well.

SPACECLOWN
02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
$30 a day is insane! I suggest you eat more of this...
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/spaceclown/funny/a284_001.jpg