PDA

View Full Version : post-prego never the same?

spn
02-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Any of you women or men with wives who've had kiddos had any problem getting where you were before, no matter what? I still have 2 to 3 pound right in the upper middle and I honestly think an extra inch on my waist that I think is determined to stay. My diet is super clean, workouts great everything as before when I was 15 to 17 % bf prepregnancy. Regardless it's worth it!

phikappa
02-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Congratulations on the new baby! You've got him/her on the Baby Atkins plan, right? :D

Anyway, how long ago did you have the baby? Did you gain a lot of weight during pregnancy? My wife got lucky, she bounced right back. But, she doesn't diet or exercise either :confused:

spn
02-06-2003, 11:55 AM
I only gained 21 pounds and actually exercised the morning of delivery and I lost most of the weight in two weeks although it's been 11 months now. It's funny my friends who like your wife don't workout eat not so great lost it all too and they gained a lot more weight. Oh well, I think my son is waaaay cuter than theirs!

back2it
02-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Try taking some efa's the fats are absorbed by the baby during pregnancy and are not replaced quickly in a normal diet . A good blend like "Udo's Choice" has everything you need . 2 tablespoons a day should do it . Give it a try for 3-4 weeks .

spn
02-07-2003, 05:29 AM
could CLA provide the same effect? How would Udo work? Sorry for the extra questions

Hibiscus09
02-07-2003, 03:25 PM
spn, I never worked out at all when I had my babies at ages 23 & 29 years old. I finally started exercising at about the age of 33 to 34. Anyway, I gained 24 lbs with the first & 27 lbs with the second. The weight went away within a couple of months except for an inch on the waistline. It was a little longer than that -- probably about a year -- before I felt like my body rebounded totally.

I actually like my body much better now. My waistline is up an inch since before I had children (was 2" until recently :) ). I wouldn't worry too much -- I know it drives you crazy when you exercise a lot and want to see a change you're not seeing yet. I'm sure your baby is cuter than all the others & well worth it!

back2it
02-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by spn
could CLA provide the same effect? How would Udo work? Sorry for the extra questions
Never mind the extra questions that is why we are here . The problem is I don't know the answer to the questions try www.udoerasmus.com or florahealth.com hopefully the answers are there .