PDA

View Full Version : Revised Clean Bulk Diet-Critique welcomed

intothisfire
11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
after reading a few more things i have revised my clean bulk diet. I believe everything to be going well right now, up from 140-148 in three weeks(the 140 i truly believe i was undernourishing myself so i believe the healthy starting weight was 144) so i assume because i keep looking at myself and not the scale that most of it was muscle if not all. my fiance says im looking healthier as well.
I decided to list the clean bulk and look for critique as i believe i am still making mistakes.
stats: 5'9", 149 pounds, 10%BF, 24 years old
Maintenence cals-2300
Calories goal-2500/day
I will also list all the alternative meals i have.
Monday: BF-4 eggbeaters with one reg egg, 1 cup old fashioned oats, 1 mulitvitmain,1 fish oil cap, 1 banana
snack-chicken breast or can of tuna-broccoli or brown rice/ or handful of almonds and can of tuna.
lunch-more chicken breast with broccoli
pre w/o- shake with creatine,1 scoop whey,all natty PB,banana,ice,water
WO
post w/o-shake with creatine,1 scoop whey, frozen mixed fruit, water

1 hour after-fish or chicken or beef, with veggies

dinner-lean beef/chicken/fish with veggies

late night-tuna sandwhich(whole wheat) or apple or glass of milk or almonds
I use that eating schedule on Monday,Wednesday,Friday,Saturday

For Tuesday and Thursday im bouncing from class to class at college.
BF-same thing as all other days
snack-shake with creatine, scoop whey, frozen mixed fruit
lunch- MetRx big 100 Meal replacement(no time for proper meal)
snack-banana,almonds
Dinner- same dinner as all other nights
late night- same as all other nights

Sunday-cheat meal, everything else stays in check except for that one meal.

If you wanna know my lift rountine let me know and i can attach a picture of me at this moment right now,.
thanks

intothisfire
11-09-2006, 01:12 PM
nobody has an opinion on this?

RajS714
11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
POINT A - In order to bulk, you need to eat more than 2,500 calories. You need to consume around 3,500 - 4,000. 3,000 calories equals 1 lbs.

POINT B - "late night-tuna sandwhich(whole wheat)"...Ok, that is a late night, so I'm going to assume that is before bed time. No bread before bed, it has carbs, if you don't use carbs, your body will store them as fat. So if you do want to eat something before bed, eat cottage cheese, or have some WHEY

POINT C - Since you need to add some more foods to bulk, consider foods such as REDUCED FAT Peanut Butter with whole wheat bread. Eat egg whites, a lot of them. Brown rice is always a plus. Fat free yogurt is good. Multigrain pasta is good.

J1987
11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
lmfao... it do doesnt matter if you eat all your 2500 cals befor bed, you will not gain weight if you dont have a surplus of calroies. time of day is irrelevant to what you eat in th ebig picture. in a given 24 hour period. you must consume more then your body burns, your body doent give a **** if you have a carb befor bed. it uses the calorie the same as if you ate it befor you worked out. its all about

burnt cals < cals taken in = bulk...

EAT

intothisfire
11-09-2006, 07:15 PM
i just started two weeks ago so i am gradually easing up my caloric intake.
i was only taking in 1500 cals a day a little while ago so bumping right up to 3000 wasnt a great idea.
next week i will go to 2750 then to 3000.
on the days i workout i take in more fat and protein but obviousley healthy fats from almonds and such.

wanted to make sure this food selection was proper, i dont care how much i have to eat, i love to eat. its what im eating when i was conerned with.