PDA

View Full Version : injury

geech
02-05-2003, 09:05 AM
I must have did something to my shoulder or upper back muscle, when I do an push exercise such as shoulder press or ISO Incline Press for the chest, Imy right side gives out when I do heavy weight. I'v been going to the chiropracter, he says that I Strained the muscle. Has that happened to anyone, how long does it take to get better. Any input will help.
THANKS

bb5-0
02-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Sure it has! And generally it happens just when you feel you had never done so good before.
The best thing to do is to give your shoulder some rest and avoid any kind of exercise that is painful or you'll only make things worst and then it will take much longer to heal.
Glutamine and glucosamin can help healing damaged tissues.

Be patient and don't let this get you down

phikappa
02-05-2003, 09:47 AM
I can't recall this ever happening to me, but you most likely do have a strain of some sort. I'm not a big fan of chiros, so I hate to agree with him, but he may be right.

If your shoulder is just 'giving out', your body is saying "Knock it off, I'm tired!". I'd say give it some rest for 1-2 weeks, ice it if there is pain, and take it easy when you start again. That's my two cents. Good luck!

bb5-0
02-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Have a look at this thread- it might help
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662&highlight=glucosamin

iluvlifting2001
02-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury Geech. Let it heal before you get one it again. Remember to keep strict form and control your movements. Injuries suck and keep you out of the gym.

tracyb555
02-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Haven't had this particular injury, but wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Ease slowly back into things when you recover so you don't prolong the injury.