PDA

View Full Version : Slow bulk help

sublimelaxer
11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
How can I bulk with minimum fat gain?

Can I just eat maintenance calorie food and add a few protein shakes mixed with milk a day to create a 500 cal surplus per day?

snwdevl10
11-07-2006, 07:58 PM
How can I bulk with minimum fat gain?

Can I just eat maintenance calorie food and add a few protein shakes mixed with milk a day to create a 500 cal surplus per day?

If you want lean gains keep your surplus very low, like 200/day. Eat alot of protien, 1.5g/lb of bodyweight, and have at least 20% of calories coming from healthy fats.

Crunchbar
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I would start out with no more then like a 200-300 calorie surplus.
Keep your bulk clean, and do good in the weight room.

Adjust cals as you see fit untill your gaining about .5lbs a week

sublimelaxer
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Last time I did a traditional bulk I just got fat but did gain some muscle. I'm hoping bulking slower will result in less fat gain, so the cutting process is much easier.

Crunchbar
11-07-2006, 10:14 PM
yes slow CLEAN bulks will usually result in far less fat gain

garlichead
11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Last time I did a traditional bulk I just got fat but did gain some muscle. I'm hoping bulking slower will result in less fat gain, so the cutting process is much easier.

You've trained your fat cells to get bigger by bulking ,so the next time you bulk it will be much easier to put on fat..........yoyo dieting won't produce anything but long periods of being in a catabolic state (cutting) to get rid of the fat........Try tweaking your diet in and around maintainence and carb cycling around your workouts.......that's where I would start. But keep in mind you have to basically have struck a bullseye and your diet will have to resemble a Tibetan Monk from shangri-la.

alexclark
11-07-2006, 10:58 PM
If you want lean gains keep your surplus very low, like 200/day. Eat alot of protien, 1.5g/lb of bodyweight, and have at least 20% of calories coming from healthy fats.

Good advice here, I do the same and it works well to keep gains as lean as possible. I've also noticed keeping major carb meals to breakfast, pre-WO, and post-WO helps to keep the fat gain to a minumim