PDA

View Full Version : Injury, advice needed!

TampaIronMan
02-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Well, folks, I have probably the most nagging injury you could ever imagine...I pulled a muscle in my groin. Man it sucks...It doesn't bother me when I walk, it is a little sore at times, thats all. But becuase of it, I have had to virtually stop all leg workouts, with the exception of calves. That means no squatting...under weight, this little muscle pull just made my brain explode with pain!

Now, the question for you all...is it ok to still do legs with the sled, or should I just bight the bullet and avaid any pushing type movements until I heal? I know from past pulls, it can up to six months for a groin pull heal. I just hate the though of not doing anything for that long, even if it may be the best thing to do.

Fortunately, after extensive tests with my wife over the weekend, I have concluded that the only limitations are in the weightroom...if you know what I mean!

Eye2_Man
02-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear about that.

Mario Lemieux was out for an entire month with a groin injury. Don't know what he did during that time. But he didn't do what he's good at. He stayed off the ice.

phikappa
02-04-2003, 09:06 AM
I've had groin pulls before, but it's never taken more than a month to recover. I'd say to use the old stand by recovery system....ice for the first 24 hours, then alternate with heat and cold. Works for me most every time. Just make sure that you're stretched out before you start lifting again.

Gator
02-04-2003, 09:17 AM
IMHO i would lay off..Yes it sux but its for the best..
I pull my right hammy and groin every summer during softball, its a ritual !! And therefore legs dont get the workout they need ..
Take the time and recover, u know better !!

Gator

MiloMan
02-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Do you have a sportsmed doc, or just a GP?

Richie
02-04-2003, 01:41 PM
if you can do it without pain i'd suggest doing hack squats with feet together (facing forward ) and knees together as well. this takes most of the pressure from the inner legs. maybe leg press to with the same rules.

if it's still painfull then rest is the best idea.

Richie

TrishB
02-04-2003, 04:14 PM
No advice from me....just glad to know you had a nice weekend. :)