PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as too many egg whites?

Mesjac Pomsty
11-03-2006, 07:11 AM
First off I'm trying to bulk and I currently weigh 168. I gained 10 lbs since I started working out 8 weeks ago.

Lately I've been eating a lot of egg whites with my main 3 meals.

For breakfest, I'd usually have up to 8-9 egg whites, occasionally one of those I'll eat the whole egg or two.

Lunch I'll have 2 egg whites with whatever else I'm having

Dinner, same thing.

That's about 12-13 egg whites a day, sometimes more. The reason I eat them so much is because my school serves free hardboiled eggs so they are easy to come by. They are also one of the best sources of protein. With this known, I probably eat about 220-240 grams of protein a day.

70~ from eggs/ whites
60 from whey/casein shakes
20 from the healthy fats/cottage cheese towards night
20 misc foods that are known for carbs, but have protein in them.
30 from milk
40~ from what I eat for lunch and dinner.

Bottom line, almost a 1/3 of my protein intake comes from egg whites. Is that bad?

ElderJefferson
11-03-2006, 07:14 AM
"Is there such a thing as too much ..."

Every statement that begins with these words has the exact same answer: YES. How much is too much is another story.

As far as your protein intake coming from egg whites, I don't see how that would be a problem. You seem to have it all charted out, so my opinion would be that you are fine.

The Brotherhood
11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
ive gone upto 42 eggwhites a day.

You heard me, 42.

Youll be fine.

Belloc
11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
just be careful with the sodium.

yes egg whites have sodium

JCVP
11-03-2006, 07:42 AM
The problem with the egg whites is lack of nutrients. Unless you get all of your nutrients from other food sources, the yolk does have the most wide range of nutrients compared to egg whites. However, just eating strictly egg whites will give you (gains - fat), which is great for anyone on a BBing diet.

Mesjac Pomsty
11-03-2006, 10:15 AM
while I'm not afraid of eating the yolk and getting more fat, I think the yolk just tastes horrible! That's why I drink so much milk when I eat things that taste bad, it kills some of the flavor.

Legolas69
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
They're safe as long as they're cooked.

patrotoc
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I have heard that when you first start working out you gain weight first. 2nd off Do you drink protein shake. if no you might want drink one to take place of some of those eggs.

Oddball8945
11-03-2006, 01:09 PM
ive gone upto 42 eggwhites a day.

You heard me, 42.

Youll be fine.

most ive goten in a day was 47 heheh, had 12 for breakfast with this my oats, and i made my huge egg white cake/maragune thing with 35 later in the day. Needless to say the next day i was holding major water...