PDA

View Full Version : somalife



kyser
02-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Has anyone ever tried a product called SomaLife?

Gator
02-03-2003, 11:50 AM
What is it ?

Gator

Minotaur
02-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Sounds like it might be a growth hormone (somatropin) precursor. Growth hormone is available only by prescription and injection. These precursors are available otc and are combos of amino acids that reportedly stimulate growth hormone production. I'm skeptical.

Gator
02-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Im skeptical as well Mino..

Somatrope and Humatrope are the GH names that come to my mind Kyser, if thats whats u mean..

Gator

Originally posted by Minotaur
Sounds like it might be a growth hormone (somatropin) precursor. Growth hormone is available only by prescription and injection. These precursors are available otc and are combos of amino acids that reportedly stimulate growth hormone production. I'm skeptical.

kyser
02-04-2003, 05:57 AM
I was reluctant to say what it is because.... I posted an explanation in the supp. forum and all I got was replies trashing the product from loud mouths that have not tried it. I know very well what it is and know of similar products. I've been to their US patent site, (how many have that?!)

I would have not given this stuff any thought except I have some older friends that are reps for the product and gave me names (some I know myself) of people that have had dramatic results. Some not so dramatic. The difference is how the main amino's are extracted for purity and where they come from. This is what is patented.

I'm as skeptical as anyone but when I see some ladies hair go from grey to almost totally natural color and a guy who lost 3 inches off his waist without changing his diet... it makes you wonder.

Gator
02-04-2003, 06:04 AM
So what were the results ???
Lets see so we all can judge if ya dont mind..
Is it a form of GH ???
I think u could perk some interest here on the subject Kyser..

Gator

Originally posted by kyser
I was reluctant to say what it is because.... I posted an explanation in the supp. forum and all I got was replies trashing the product from loud mouths that have not tried it. I know very well what it is and know of similar products. I've been to their US patent site, (how many have that?!)

I would have not given this stuff any thought except I have some older friends that are reps for the product and gave me names (some I know myself) of people that have had dramatic results. Some not so dramatic. The difference is how the main amino's are extracted for purity and where they come from. This is what is patented.

I'm as skeptical as anyone but when I see some ladies hair go from grey to almost totally natural color and a guy who lost 3 inches off his waist without changing his diet... it makes you wonder.

kyser
02-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Not sure what ya mean by results. I , personally have not tried it. This is why I was asking around. I wanted to know if anyone who is in good shape and trains, and follows a good diet, had tried it.
But no bites.

Like I said the product is similar (although I had to go to the US patent site to find out amounts of each amino) to others but the blend is different and it gets it's amino's from plants not bovine... think i got this right. The purity is also a big deal.

Everyone who takes it feels better in general, sleeps better, and heals from small cuts and things quicker. But some people have had dramatic results like i stated previoulsy.

At the moment my kids are getting up (and the puppy) so I gotta go make breaky and lunches. I'll post the website later.... or you can just put "SomaLife" in your search engine and go snooping around.

Gollum
02-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by kyser
I was reluctant to say what it is because.... I posted an explanation in the supp. forum and all I got was replies trashing the product from loud mouths that have not tried it.


No one will do that here.I havent tried it,I dont know what it is,I wont even give an opinion on it.But please dont let a few loud mouths stop you from posting useful information.Hell,I've posted a protein bar recipe twice...just because I love it! :D

Hibiscus09
02-04-2003, 07:02 AM
I really am going to give those a try Gollum! :) Thanks for the recipe!

Minotaur
02-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by kyser
Everyone who takes it feels better in general, sleeps better, and heals from small cuts and things quicker. But some people have had dramatic results like i stated previoulsy.


These are among the many results of increased growth hormone production.

The reason I'm skeptical is based on my own situation, so maybe that's unfair. I'm using Humatrope, Lilly's human growth hormone because I am growth hormone deficient. For me, no amount of growth hormone precursors or stimulators would do any good. It appears that my pituitary does not produce very much growth hormone. For all I know my hypothalamus could be the problem in not stimulating the pituitary. Heck, maybe these precursors might do something for me after all! But on the other hand, my gh only costs $20/mo. (I have great insurance :D).

But sometimes anecdotal evidence is better than any studies. Give the stuff a try. The worst that can happen is that you've wasted some money. Just understand that it can take several months before you see any results, much less the full effects of gh replacement/supplementation/stimulation.