PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in and missing a meal

romo
10-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm assuming for bodybuilding its not a good idea to sleep in until 12:30? I gotta stop going to sleep so late lol. Eggs and Oatmeal at 12:30 seems a little late.

Lil Freek
10-28-2006, 09:50 AM
why is that late?

if you wake up at 12:30, you'll be awake later, too... just eat 6 meals at your regular intervals...

i woke up at 11:30 and had breakfast at noon.
i do it all the time.. i'll also be up until 3am tonight... so it's offset.

StandTall
10-28-2006, 10:09 AM
only bad thing is u miss the best part of the day. In regards to bodybuilding sleep is equally important as nutrition, really its the more sleep the better as long as your trainings are intense. Sleep is the bodys best time to recover

romo
10-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Well I just figured its better for your body to start earlier than 12:30

Screamin
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Yes and no. It's important if your regular schedule dictates that you'll be up earlier then that. But if you sleep in, so what? I'd much rather sleep 'til noon (on a weekend) then get up before my body had had enough sleep.

Lil Freek
10-28-2006, 10:40 AM
makes no difference for your body what time you wake up.
if you wake up at 8am, that's morning.. you wake up at noon, that's morning...
go to bed at 10pm, that'd bedtim.. go to bed at 3am, that's bedtime.

your body will adjust accordingly. it wakes up, and you start as you would any other day. your body won't really know the difference, except that you'll be 100% refreshed when you wake up.

biochemlab
10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
It doesn't matter when you wake up. 7-9 hours of sleep is nice for bb. Yust don't sleep so long that you use those pre-bed proteins and go into catabolic state.

Constantine76
10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
If im up so late like 3am plus. I just eat my breakfast meal before i go to bed. If im up that late thats means i probaly have not even enough food for the additional time i have been up.

Crunchbar
10-28-2006, 10:51 AM
sleep as long as possible!!! do not sacrifice sleep to eat

StandTall
10-28-2006, 11:42 AM
makes no difference for your body what time you wake up.
if you wake up at 8am, that's morning.. you wake up at noon, that's morning...
go to bed at 10pm, that'd bedtim.. go to bed at 3am, that's bedtime.
n
your body will adjust accordingly. it wakes up, and you start as you would any other day. your body won't really know the difference, except that you'll be 100% refreshed when you wake up.

Wrong you body has an internal clock that uses the hormone melatonin. Its production is based on exposure to day light. Hence why you can keep a person in a constant environment they naturaly maintain the circadian rhythem and sleeping regime. Hormone production and other processes tend occur at the same times irrespective of your sleep cycle. Its more complicated then people think and a consistent schedual is best.