PDA

View Full Version : My goal and supps

DROCK18
02-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Alright I have been cutting for a good 4 months now. I've lost about 20 lbs. It looks like I lost some muscle along with it. I am at 180 lbs right now. I still look soft and what I want to do is gain back the muscle I lost without the body fat coming back. I dont want to do a normal bulking phase because i dont want to gain any body fat back. What I want is to lean out a little bit not get huge. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. I know when someone bulks they don't want the bodyfat either. Here is the supplements I was thinking of buying

AST's micronized creatine
ALA 200
CLA
Optimum whey protein
Z-mass PM

My question is if I dont eat too much above maintenance can I gain any muscle by doing this. SHould i do any cardio? I just want to look hard. My bodyfat is around 15%.

I know i probably sound like an idiot but I want to try and lean out for about 8 weeks and then cut again. The reason is i feel i have lost too much muscle and look soft.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me.

musmar
02-02-2003, 09:56 AM
I think you should concentrate on heavy lifting 3 days a week and then do some cardio 3 days a week for about 30 minutes. This will give you a combination of fat loss and harder looking muscles. Try to lift heavy for 4-6 reps for no more than 4 sets per exercise. You should also consume lots of protein (over 180 grams per day) and good natural carbs from oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes. Have a simple carb drink right after your workout to replenish your glycogen. I would cut out the ALA and CLA and buy some L-glutamine, much more usefull in preserving muscle mass during heavy lifting and dieting.

Good Luck