PDA

View Full Version : Eating right for your blood type?!

asd1985
10-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey all,

I skimmed through this book, Eat Right For Your Type. Basically, the author uses anthropological theory, evolutionary history and 'evidence' based on leptins.

* Type O People should eat low carb / High Protein. Intense exercise best.

* Type A People should be vegetarian, eating lots of grains. Low intensity best such as yoga, possible cortisol problem...

* Type B People can eat a balanced diet, avoiding maize, buckwheat, tomatoes. Moderate intensity.

* Type AB some random thing I can't remember, mix of A and B

Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, with whole lists drawn up of what to emphasize and avoid from the major food groups.

Now it would be nice to believe this, cause different things work for different people and this would explain some of those differences.

That said, several authors have discredited it as science fiction.

Any anecdotal evidence out there? Any Type A's doing really well on Keto diets with highly intense regular exercise!?

I'm type B so it doesn't really help me I'm still confused as to what I should be eating (hi carb v hi fat etc).

Crunchbar
10-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Hey all,

I skimmed through this book, Eat Right For Your Type. Basically, the author uses anthropological theory, evolutionary history and 'evidence' based on leptins.

* Type O People should eat low carb / High Protein. Intense exercise best.

* Type A People should be vegetarian, eating lots of grains. Low intensity best such as yoga, possible cortisol problem...

* Type B People can eat a balanced diet, avoiding maize, buckwheat, tomatoes. Moderate intensity.

* Type AB some random thing I can't remember, mix of A and B

Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, with whole lists drawn up of what to emphasize and avoid from the major food groups.

Now it would be nice to believe this, cause different things work for different people and this would explain some of those differences.

That said, several authors have discredited it as science fiction.

Any anecdotal evidence out there? Any Type A's doing really well on Keto diets with highly intense regular exercise!?

I'm type B so it doesn't really help me I'm still confused as to what I should be eating (hi carb v hi fat etc).\

i have red this book too, unfortunatkey i have heard this blood type idea is false

asd1985
10-27-2006, 10:35 PM
come on guys, im looking for anecdotal evidence to either support or refute his theories.

I know a lot of people won't even know their blood type, but those that do, what works for you?

hynox.rain
10-28-2006, 12:12 AM
From my memory this diet was falsified a while ago. There are far too many factors involved to make it viable. However i'm not entirely sure. I'm o- and I'm not too good with carbohydrates, however when I was a bit younger I would annihilate them. So I dunno.