man i just cant seem to get it going this year
was planning on going full tilt at the start of this year
and cant seem to get started
having a hard time getting in the gym more than twice a week
eat good two days then bad for two
tinking about a gvt routine
but still probably cant get in the gym more than twice a week
dont know if that would work or not
any way just wanted to cry and moan to somebody besides my wife shes tired of hearing it

back2it
01-31-2003, 05:45 PM
I eat well all the time but since Dec 1 I have only done 2 workouts a week and making good progress . Don't let time restrictions keep you out of the gym 2 days are better than NO days .

snakeman
01-31-2003, 07:21 PM
bman;
no matter what kind of advise we give, only you can make the change.
you need to eat well and train hard to gain and to improve yourself. if all you can do is 2 days so be it. make it worth your trip and effort. good luck and eat and lift smart.
mind over matter, you would be supprised at what 2 days a week can do for you.

Homie
01-31-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bman189
man i just cant seem to get it going this year
was planning on going full tilt at the start of this year
and cant seem to get started
having a hard time getting in the gym more than twice a week
eat good two days then bad for two
tinking about a gvt routine
but still probably cant get in the gym more than twice a week
dont know if that would work or not
any way just wanted to cry and moan to somebody besides my wife shes tired of hearing it Hey bro maybe what you need is a training partner. Sometimes when we know someone else is depending on us being there it makes it easier to drag our butts into the gym. It also helps to have someone there to "feed" off of, kinda helps keep the energy level up (good ole ego). If that doesn't work try to stick to the 2 days you are doin' already, when you see some gains you may want to go more frequently. Good luck and let us know if we can help motivate you in any way. :D

Richie
01-31-2003, 09:43 PM
bman,
you're obviosly bored with the usual routine so have a break from that.
pick your favorite exercise for each body part and do your upper body one day and legs & abs the next.
if you've been training heavy then do these light and vise versa.
there's lots of variations to choose from. even moving your hand spacing an inch or two closer or further out on the handle or bar than you normally do can make an exercise feel completely differant.

Richie

edster951
01-31-2003, 10:01 PM
I'd say overtraining.

Have a break.

I'm on a two week break. This is the first week.

Give yourself a well earned break.

bman189
02-01-2003, 04:55 AM
thanks for the replys gang
its not that ihave lost my intensity
that keeps me out its got a lot to do with work
and you are right only i can make the changes needed to get out of this rut
had a traing partner for the first 6 mths or so
then he hurt his shoulder and hasnt come back
anyway thanks for the advice
and i will make the changes i need to get it right

Charger
02-01-2003, 05:14 AM
Bman, have you set reachable goals? Nothing better than trying to reach a goal you set, something to strive for. Really challenge yourself.
A change of gyms may also help, gets you out of a rut. Also when do you workout. I go a.m. so work has less chance to interfer, plus it makes me feel better when I do get to work.
Now set some goals, weight, excercises, pic a routine and post it. We will be your partners.
By the way, a GVT or HIT routine keeps you challenged.

Phatman1179
02-01-2003, 06:08 AM
I think Ritchie hit it right on the head. Do a little research and completely change your workout. Set some reasonable goals, right them down, it will help motivate you again!!!

bb5-0
02-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Bman

First you have to pay much attention to your diet as this is the most important. Even with only 2 workouts a week I've heard people say they could make progress, but then you have to mind your diet and make every rep count. As you have enough time to let the muscle rests, try to work with more intensity and stick to the basic , muscle building exercises. If you make the right choice of exercises, I'm sure you can get great results too
Good luck and go for it

jon9851
02-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey B-man, I've noticed from my experiences is that when I don't eat clean I don't feel as good both mentally and physically.Just take things in small steps.Set small goals and build from there.

Axe
02-03-2003, 07:40 AM
jon is right on the mark...FIRST you have to eat clean. If not, your workouts will be wasted..

As far as getting to the gym...there's nothing wrong with hitting the gym 2 times a week and grabbing a cheapo set of freeweights for home. It's amazing what you can do in a little time at home if you can't make it to the gym!

MagicMel
02-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Bman,

Everyone has excellent points for you here.

I especially agree with Axe about splitting your workouts between home and the gym. You can workout the heavy stuff at the gym, like chest, back and legs. Then do shoulders, arms and abs at home. This would allow you to make good use of the limited time you have at the gym, and still hit all your body parts with equal intensity during a single week!

Gator
02-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Weve all been there Bro and more than likely will be again..
Now get yer ass off the couch !!!!

Gator

bman189
02-05-2003, 05:09 PM
alright guys heres what i came up with twice aweek
db or bb bench 3x10
db fly 3x10
deadlift 3x10
seated row 3x10
overhed press 3x10
lateral raise 3x10
curls of some kind3x10
pusdowns3x10s
squat 3x10
calve raises2x15
did it this morning in about 50 min.
gonna try the full body thing until i can get more time in the gym
thanks for all the advice
ps
been eating the good stuff the last three days feel better already

Eye2_Man
02-05-2003, 05:51 PM
You're doing squats and dead lifts in the same workout. Those are some of the most vicious exercises.

TrishB
02-05-2003, 05:51 PM
The more you start feeling better about yourself, the more you will want to do. I'm glad you got yourself moving again.

back2it
02-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by bman189

gonna try the full body thing until i can get more time in the gym
thanks for all the advice
ps
been eating the good stuff the last three days feel better already

I workout only twice a week right now as well . I work the smaller bodyparts each day but I do deadlifts one day and squats the other . Just a precaution to you these exercises work almost the same bodyparts .

bman189
02-06-2003, 02:35 AM
to tell the truth sqats have never been a problem to me
deadlifts are a different story
i thought deads were more of a back ex.
shows what i dont know