PDA

View Full Version : glucosamine shoulder-dislocation

hannesburk
01-31-2003, 10:15 AM
hi guys!
2years ago I had a shoulder-dislocation!

after that I did a lot of pysio and workout was not a problem for my..but the longer it is gone the more the troubles are getting worse!
I would not say that it has to be the rotator cuff because the feeling is more than a arthrose...but my left rotator cuff is hurt in any case since the dislocation..

I thought glucosamine may could help as I have the same feeling in my left elbow!

I do a lot of rotator-cuff-exercises but they do not really help..

when I have a break with my workout things are getting better..

can you help me?

thx a lot greeting from switzerland
hannes

Gator
01-31-2003, 10:48 AM
OK, what does yer workout look like ?? We can start there...
What cuff exercises are u doing ?? And how often ??

Gator

Richie
02-01-2003, 12:03 AM
hannes,
i'd recommend a glucosamine/MSM supp.
here (Australia) we also have a supp called Calcium Complete which is a calcium/magnesium combo with some other stuff added. i'd say we wouldn't be the only country to have something like this. Sandra Cabot has a supp which is almost identical and i think she sells her products internationally.
these 2 supps combined with a keto diet have improved my injuries dramatically.
i'm convinced these supps & the extra fats in my diet now have been the main contributors to the healing & lubricating of my joints and connective tissue.

Dorian has a good article on rotator cuff rehab. if you do a search around the bb.com site you'll have some good info to get you started on the road back to recovery.

Richie

hannesburk
02-01-2003, 08:31 AM
thx a lot!

my workout for the cuffs:
3*/week after workout 1-2sets of external cuff-rotation with dumb bells:

The exercise is done with the upper arm kept against the side of the body(when lying on the other side!), arm bent at the elbow and pointing straight away from your front side. External rotation is done from the rest position outward to an angle of about 45 degrees...

no internal rotation

that is the only exercise I do...

I will try the glucosamine,thx richie,but it would be great if someone could give my some cuff-exercise-tipps...

thx and greats

P.s I really feel all the time that my left shoulder isn't as stout as it should be.when I perform external rotation I can feel a small gap between the two shoulder-bones..this is since the dislocation..on my right (healthy)side the bones stick together whatever I do

Macattack
02-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Get the Glucosamine W/ Chondroiton, that adds even more punch its a synergistic thing:)

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/g2603/0002/2603000279/p1/article.jhtml

Chondroitin is best known to the general public as a remedy for osteoarthritis, which is a form of arthritis caused by wearing away or degeneration of the cartilage that cushions the ends of bones. In particular, it is thought that the drying of cartilage tissue in osteoarthritis is a major cause of tissue destruction. Chondroitin sulfate is given together with glucosamine, a building block of GAGs. The chondroitin helps to attract and hold fluid within cartilage tissue. Tissue fluid keeps cartilage healthy in two ways: it acts as a shock absorber within the joints of the body, thus protecting cartilage from being worn away by the bones; and it carries nutrients to the cartilage. The cartilage in the joints of the human body has no blood vessels, so it must receive its nutrients from tissue fluid.

MiloMan
02-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hannesburk
I will try the glucosamine,thx richie,but it would be great if someone could give my some cuff-exercise-tipps...

Some RC exercises:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian1.htm

hannesburk
02-02-2003, 10:00 AM
@macattack:thx a lot I am going to check this out!

@Milo:thx to you,bro! what do you think.should I perform the cuff-exercises only once a week or every workout 3-4*/week?

should I fail at 8-12reps or without failure?
2-3sets/exercise?

exercise nr.1 is absolutely new for me and it looks like it could work quite well for me!

thx again
hannes