PDA

View Full Version : Current Workout

iluvlifting2001
01-31-2003, 05:16 AM
New program I just started 2 weeks ago:
(warmup set before all exercises)
(workouts are in the evenings and cardio is in the mornings)

Mon (chest)-
Flat bench barbell - 3x7
incline dumbell - 3x7
incline flyes - 3x10 (5 reps palms in towards me 5 reps palms towards my feet)

Abs-Crunches 3x Failure, leg lifts 3xfailure, side crunches 3x failure

30 minutes of cardio in the am.

Tues (back)-

Pullups - 3xfailure
Deadlifts - 3x7
bentover row (dumbell)- 3x7
Hammer strength high row - 3x7

Calves - Leg press machine used 4x15

Wed (legs)-

Squats- 1x15 1x10 1x8 1x5
Leg ext - 3x7
Stiff legged dead lift - 3x7

Abs-Crunches 3x Failure, leg lifts 3xfailure, side crunches 3x failure

Thurs (Arms)-
(bis)
Ez curl bar - 3x7
Seated (50-60 degree angled) dumbell curl - 3x7
Concentrated curl - 3x7

(tris)
Close grip bench - 3x7
Skull crusher - 3x7
V bar pushdowns - 3x7

If I have a little left I will do a drop set of curls using the cables

Friday (Shoulders)-

Upright row - 3x7
Shrugs - 3x7
Arnold dumbell press - 3x7
seated 45 degree angle Lateral arm raises - 3x7
Front arm raises - 3x7

Calves - Leg press machine used 4x15

Abs-Crunches 3x Failure, leg lifts 3xfailure, side crunches 3x failure - AM

Sat/sun -

OFF, take the dogs for a long walk!

Any suggestions on how to improve my workout?

(oppps, did not mean to make a new thread with this. I meant to put it in the thread already started...Sorry)

giantfan43
01-31-2003, 05:46 AM
Iluvit -

Looks almost exaclty like my w/o !!! I do exactly the same split .. been doing it now for about 6 weeks .. gonna switch at the end of February .. only thing I would ask is why don't you do straight BB curls for bi's .. and also do you do military presses for delts ? I only saw arnold presses .. I sometimes do both .. not criticizing here .. just cursiousity ...

Again, welcome aboard !

Dom

iluvlifting2001
01-31-2003, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the input.

1) I did military presses last workout sched and hit kinda a plateau on it. I was hoping if I switched off them for awhile i might be able to get something going on the next go around. maybe I should try both. I really do not like going over 9 sets per major muscle.

2) Straight bar curl kill my wrists for some reason. Never been able to do them. I get on a easy curl bar and can curl like 130 for like 4-5 time but get like 100 pounds on the straight bar and I crying like a baby from the wrist pain.

giantfan43
01-31-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by iluvlifting2001
Thanks for the input.

1) I did military presses last workout sched and hit kinda a plateau on it. I was hoping if I switched off them for awhile i might be able to get something going on the next go around. maybe I should try both. I really do not like going over 9 sets per major muscle.

2) Straight bar curl kill my wrists for some reason. Never been able to do them. I get on a easy curl bar and can curl like 130 for like 4-5 time but get like 100 pounds on the straight bar and I crying like a baby from the wrist pain.

Thanks for the response .. I also try to keep the sets to between 9 and 12 for major muscles but I really like the military press .. I do it seated, sometimes on a smith machine .. never behind the neck .. that hurts my shoulders .. as for the ez-bar, my thing is the complete opposite .. the ez-bar hurts my wrist and the straight is comfortable .. and I have tried to use the ez-bar holding it in many different positions ..

iluvlifting2001
01-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Well bro, that is kinda what it is all about. what a lot of people do not understand beyond diet is that most people are different in the ways they have to attack the weights. What responds good for one person may work crappy for the next. For each he has to find his own way. One just has to learn form and methodology and the rest is experimentation till you find the right combination.

Eye2_Man
01-31-2003, 06:49 AM
The 5 day split looks cool. About how long does it take you each day Monday through Friday?

Just a question... why do you elect not to do bench dips and reverse curls? Will you switch your routine after a certain number of weeks to include them ever?

iluvlifting2001
01-31-2003, 07:07 AM
Eye2, I like to change my routine every 10 weeks or there abouts. Depends on my gains. I have never been a big fan of dips. I just feel uncomfortable doing them. As for the reverse curl I do not beleive I am familar with what you are talking about. Sounds kinda the same as skull crushers.

Eye2_Man
01-31-2003, 07:18 AM
The page doesn't have a picture of a skull crusher. I don't know what that is. The reverse curl is like a regular bb curl, except with an overhand grip. For the forearms.

A particular web page (got it at home) has all the muscles and which exercise(s) work that area. It even has a little video of how to do each one. Unfortuneatley, skull crusher isn't there. Maybe French curl is there. Will check tonight.

The upright rows and shrugs are really important (IMO). No? You have them on Fridays.

iluvlifting2001
01-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Eye2, I see what are are saying now :-) . No I have never done them. I will tell you something that really helped for my biceps/forearms, hammer curls. I did that last training schedule though and hit a wall so I switched up. I never had much of a peak on the top of my bicep till i started doing them though.

Yeah, the upright rows and shrugs are good for trap/shoulder development. Those are two mucles that are over looked a lot. I did not do them for a long time. Now I am playing catchup.

Phatman1179
02-01-2003, 06:28 AM
Hey Guys,

Another great fore arm builder is Zotman Curls. Check out this link for a good discription:

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/246can.jsp

TwoWalks
02-01-2003, 08:00 AM
iluvlifting2001 Great looking workout, looks alot like my last cycle. I sure hear what you are saying about finding what works for you. Now I also have to use the ez bar for curls and the hammer curls really tear up my elbow so it is out. Note: I think it could be a whole lot the different angle on old tendons and stabalizers so am doing a few each week just to see if they will begin to respond.