PDA

View Full Version : my diet, wanting to bulk up

IamDonny
10-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Alright guys,

I was suggested that I post here to see what I'm doing wrong. This will be a 3 part post. Here we go:

part1. about me:test score 372. Age 33. height 5'8", BF 13 %, weight 172 fully clothed comming down from aver 240 last Sept. I've been lifting for a little over a year but have changed from doing cardio at high intensity 6 days a week and lifting for 3 to cardio at low intensity 3 times a week and lifting 5 days a week.

part2. diet: starting with supps. fish oil, flax seed, C0-Q-10, chromium picolinate, glucosamine w/msm, multi vitamin, b complex, Ester-C

meal - 1/2 c oatmeal ( quaker oats ), 8 oz FF milk, piece of fruit OR I have 2 c organic cereal from kashi, 8oz ff milk and some berries

meal 2- 2 slices of whole wheat with some chicken slices ( usully 5 ) or a whole wheat bagel

meal 3- 2 scoops of O.N. whey with a tsp glutamine, a tsp of flax seed, 8 oz ff milk or just some water and either an apple or some berries

meal 4- just about 45-60 min. pre workout. 1/2 c oatmeal, some raisins, 8 ozz ff milk

meal 5- post w/o 2 scoops O.N. whey, 1 tsp glutamine, 8 oz natural juice, 1 tsp creatine monohydro',

meal 6 is eather a salad with vinigar and either chicken or fish of some kind or some whole wheat pasta with chicken or fish of some kind.. or maybe brown rice with chicken or fish of some kind.

meal 7- before bed I'll have a 1/2 cottage cheese and a tbsp of natural PB

part 3- work out ( I'm not gonna go into deatil unless I have to ) I've been doing this workout for the past month:

Monday-chest- 4 sets of each
incline bench, flat bench, dumbell press or flies, decline bench, 25 min. cardio

Tuesday-legs-4 sets of each
squats, barbell lunge or dumbell lunge, seated leg curls, seated leg extensions, calf raises, hit the abs a little

Wednesday- tri's and bi's- 4 sets of each
dumbell curls, straight bar curls or easy bar curls ( last 2 sets being crazy 8's if I use the easy bar ), cable pull downs or french press, diamond push ups, 25 min. cardio

Thursday- shoulders- 4 sets of each
shoulder press machine, side lat. raises, front lat. raises, rear lat. raises, shrugs

Friday- back- 4 sets of each
deadlifts, lat. pull downs, lawn mower pulls, back extensions

Saturday- 25-30 min. cardio and some abs

With all these above exercise I start with a weight I can get atleast 12 reps with and try to get as many over 12 as I can, if I can. If I can't hit 12 I'll drop the weight and keep going until all 4 sets are up. I do all these reps to failure while resting 1-2 minutes between sets.

This forum has been a great help and I'm really looking forward to some help.

Donny

Crunchbar
10-21-2006, 11:44 AM
switch to riptoes starting strength program if you wanna seem some good gains!