PDA

View Full Version : Best Diet Planner I've seen yet.

WarriorPoet
01-29-2003, 11:36 AM
http://www.fitday.com/

Sign on to this sight (it's free) it has a food planner that automatically calculates the content and an activity planner that counts your calorie expenditure. If you find that a food is not in the database you can add your own items with their nutritional info.

It's a great tool.

Minotaur
01-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Yep, it's great. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now. I like the reports and graphs it provides. There is another one that is similar, dietwatch.com. But they went for-pay. When that happened I said sayonara.

MagicMel
01-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I use CalorieKing Mobile Plus, that I downloaded, for a price, onto my Palm Pilot. That way I can keep track of C/P/F, and have all the food values on hand w/o having to fire up the computer. You can also keep track of your progress, too.

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:40 PM
I've used that site for over a year. Someone put alot of work into developing it....excellent for novices and long term dieters.

Hibiscus09
01-29-2003, 05:11 PM
I've used fitday for a while. I love it! I was just showing it to my sweetie today because he wants to start watching his diet more. It's great!

Ricky
02-22-2003, 08:36 AM
I just signed up for both. I like the look of calorieking better, maybe it's just because I'm a guy. The fitday definitely has a more feminine look, but enough about gender.

How religious are you about entering data? I think I will have a hard time entering this stuff everyday.

And for the guy that uses calorieking with his PDA, does the data from that download to the website and show up in the electronic diary online? I would hope it would, but I'm not one to make assumptions. I need to get a PDA for my new job anyways so that would be nice to know before I bought there software.

kendo
02-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Prob I found with Fitday Warrior is that it measures everything my cups an not grams. Cups aren't a standard European measurement and I find it confusing when working with grams.

Ricky
02-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I got real familiar with the metric units in engineering school, but most people in the US aren't so the programs are biased towards us.

It's amazing what a pain it gets to be constantly converting between units. I wish the US would formally convert.

MagicMel
02-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Ricky,

I'm the guy that uses Calorie King Mobile Plus on a Palm Pilot.

For the first 60 days or so, I was extremely religous about entering data. I was using it to keep track of a 40/30/30 diet. After this period of time, recording every day, you get to know the values of most everything you eat. So I can now tell just by looking at what I eat, whether or not it is at least close to a 40/30/30 split. When you get to this point, you don't need to keep track of it daily. Unless, of course, you are drastically changing your calorie intake, such as going from bulking to cutting.

Calorie Kings newest software, I believe, allows you to upload to their site. But it has bugs in it, last I heard. I almost beta tested it, but decided not to because it might have meant losing some of my data. This was just last month, too. Even if it worked fine, I wouldn't have the need to upload to their site. Why would I? I'd have everything I needed at the "palm" of my hand.

I am using Ver 2.0.0 on a PalmIIIxe that has 8mb memory. It is using Palm OS ver 4.1. You've got to have at least 8mb and Palm OS 4.0 or better, to run this software.

Ricky
02-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Does this software take up a lot of room? I'd also like to use some software on a palm that logs weights and reps (like the one popular one that I forget the name of right now)

MagicMel
02-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Ricky, my Palm says that CKPlus is taking 1906k or almost 2mb. So on an 8mb Palm you should have plenty of room for other software.

Minotaur
02-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ricky
How religious are you about entering data? I think I will have a hard time entering this stuff everyday.

Monday to Friday I am very religious about it, but on the weekends, all bets are off. That's only because I don't often get to sit down at the computer on a weekend. And besides, I'm almost embarrassed to write down what I eat on the weekends. :rolleyes:

I enter pretty much evrything I'm going to eat for the day in the morning. It sort of locks me in to a menu. It gioves me room to manipulate what I'm going to eat or not eat.

Ricky
02-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Minotaur, do you have the Palm version or do you use the online version. I've been using the online version. It does take discipline to enter it every day, but once you build a database of MyMeals then it becomes alot easier to pick what you've ate.

Minotaur
02-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Oh, I was referring to fitday.com. Sorry if I confused or misread. As far as I know fitday has only the online version.