PDA

View Full Version : Welcome New Members

Homie
01-29-2003, 09:38 AM
I notice we've gained a lot of new members lately and I just wanted to say "welcome" and please share your experiences and goals with us (no lurking). Now that the formalities are out of the way go post pictures of yourself, the pictures have died off lately. Hide your face if you're shy but get that "Before" pic up, then get to workin' on your new physique. I can't believe how fast this group is growing, and I hope we inspire others to get into the gym at any age... I know you all inspire me, thanks and take care.

Eye2_Man
01-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Hey Homie, thanks for the welcome to the news guys and gals. This sure is a great forum and the site in general has a ton of good info.

Wife took some really grissly "before" pictures. Will wait until April 9th to post both a b4 and 3 month later photo.

Phatman1179
01-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks Homie!!!

I only post on two forums, and this one is by far more supportive and friendly.

My pics are in my Challange, I'll get updated ones up soon.

MagicMel
01-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Yup, I was a lurker for quite a while. I registered in 9/02 and up until this month, I had maybe 4 total posts. Now I can't stop posting! It 's almost as addicting as working out.

As far as pics goes, my before pics will be posted in March when I start my first challenge. I just want to get as fat, uh I mean bulked up as I can before I take those pics.

Any way, thanks for welcoming a new poster (ex-lurker).

Gollum
01-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Homie,

Nicely done,bro.Excellent way to make the new folks feel welcome.

Let me echo that....WELCOME ALL YOU MUSCLEHEDZ!

Hardcore! :D

TrishB
01-29-2003, 03:54 PM
We sure do have alot of new faces here.
And everyone is so enthusiastic that it gives all the others here a big lift too.

We could use some more girls joining the board.....but I am not complaining. ;)

Welcome!!

Charger
01-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Lets just hope all the new faces stick around, turn this into a way of life. Welcome everyone, good idea Homie.
This site has really grown lately, I can remember not that long ago there was just a few of us and there may only be 5 new post a day, now theres almost a whole page of post from today.

Brother Phil
01-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Homie and others. It's funny, Homie is the pet name I call my wife. Anyway, I registered about a month ago and I have enjoyed posting and reading the good info here. I have looked elsewhere in the forum, but the people here are much friendlier, and I can definately relate better to the issues people face here. I started working out again last year, although it was a challenge to keep it up as I spent about 4 or 5 months traveling with work. I've been local now for about 4 months and have made some great progress. I made the step this week to join a local gym, even if it's lacking a bit in some respects, as my "gym in a barn" was just too friggin' cold and my motivation to work out in it was dwindling. I'm turning 40 this June and I want to be in as close to my best shape as I can. I will post some before and after pictures then. I don't really want to post a before picture until I can put in an after. Thanks again for a really great forum. I look forward to learning and, hopefully, growing (muscles) along with all the old and new members here! Bro. Phil

TrishB
01-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Charger
Lets just hope all the new faces stick around, turn this into a way of life. Welcome everyone, good idea Homie.
This site has really grown lately, I can remember not that long ago there was just a few of us and there may only be 5 new post a day, now theres almost a whole page of post from today.

That is so true....this is getting to be like a little town. I used to breeze thru in about 15 minutes. Now I've moved in. :)

Macattack
01-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey this is great, this place barely had 10 regular posters when i got to it i think,most people here i dont even know now. Just glad everyone is getting so much out of each other, i have learned so much here and made some good friends also....

Everyone please stick, i've seen them come and go, dont give up on yourselves you deserve a healthy life now.....

bb5-0
01-30-2003, 02:37 AM
Well done Homie! The more, the merrier!
You should get an extra lb of muscle for each new member we gain here thanks to your post :-)

Phatman1179
01-30-2003, 05:43 AM
Just wanted to add on the picture thing. I know it's hard to put your before Pic up when you don't have the after to go right behind it. But I believe, posting that picture will help to motivate you toward your goal. I know since I put mine up I can't wait to make some real progress to get that damm thing changed!! And I can attest to the fact that not one person has flamed me or in anyway made me feel bad since I posted it. Just the opposite!!!

So I would encourage you to draw a line in the sand today, stick a stake in the ground, and post that picture. Don't think about it go get it right now and push that submit button. You are not alone, you will make it!!! And we will stick by you the whole way.

Axe
01-30-2003, 06:19 AM
wow...now that's some encouragement Phatman...I just may post that wretched 'before' pic today....

Thanks for the welcome Homie!

This board has been REALLY encouraging, even though I'm only on day 4 of my BFL challenge. :)

Homie
01-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bb5-0
Well done Homie! The more, the merrier!
You should get an extra lb of muscle for each new member we gain here thanks to your post :-) WOO HOO I'm gonna be a monster before long the way we're adding members :)

Original Poster
01-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TrishB
We could use some more girls joining the board.....but I am not complaining. ;)

I second the motion. ;)

Trish,
Surely you have a cute sister, cousin, or co-worker you could tell about this forum. LOL

The Official Hot Momma Membership Drive.......similar to a telathon. LMAO.

PEACE

TrishB
01-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Chi_town
I second the motion. ;)

Trish,
Surely you have a cute sister, cousin, or co-worker you could tell about this forum. LOL

The Official Hot Momma Membership Drive.......similar to a telathon. LMAO.

PEACE

:D
I think we have lost Ctg to run it (he's in love), but I bet there would be alot of other volunteers here.

JEFF7322
01-31-2003, 10:33 AM
AGREED! To donate a hot momma Please call ....oh wait almost gave my number! lol

Yes, I enjoy this section because it seems to be the safest, normal and most sane on the board (well sane most of the time that is! :-D ) I'm turning 30 (!!) this weekend so I still have a few years til 35 but oddly enough this past year I feel stronger and in better shape competitively (armwrestling) than I did in the last 5 or 6 years! I'm open to sharing my training and diet knowledge so ask away!
-JEFF

Sasha4
02-11-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

What a great site! I have been looking for about a week now and have to say that there is alot of really good info and you guys sure keep each other's spirits up.

I am a 35 year young woman who just moved to Germany not to long ago and started a serious committment to my health and fitness about 6 months ago. Strangely enough, not very many women work out with weights here, so walking into the gym can sometimes be intimidating. With the language barrier to boot, meeting like minded people and sharing info is very hard. This forum is a great way for me to get the contact with like minded people I am currently missing. Thanks!

bb5-0
02-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Welcome to the board and to europe Sasha!
I know very few women work out here. In fact we only have a few women at my gym. That's one of the reasons that has prevented my wife from working out with me (with the fact that we don't have the same schedule).

Phatman1179
02-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi Sasha,

Glad your here, and nevermind those guys at the gym, their just jealous. Back in my early life I was stationed in Spangdahlem near Bitburg and Trier. Germany was an awesome experence for me!!

TrishB
02-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Welcome!!! Great to have you join us here! Trust me, you will never feel intimidated here.
And we just might make you feel good enough about yourself and your goals, that you will be walking into that gym without any hesitation. :)

Sasha4
02-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! You guys are great!

kendo
02-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Can I join this new forum pleeeeese?

MagicMel
02-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the older side of this site, Sasha4. :)

Kendo,
I believe we need a European region fur coat check here!