PDA

View Full Version : Loose skin

Laurie
01-29-2003, 01:06 AM
Since starting this four months ago, I have lost enough weight/inches to have this happen. Especially in the neck and upper arms. This is not "dowager" flaps but actual loose skin from losing so much fat so quickly.

I know it will firm up eventually but wondered if this happened to anyone else close to my age (51) or younger?

Gator
01-29-2003, 04:48 AM
Hasnt happened to me yet Laurie..
Give it time, yer body will adapt in time..
But from what it sounds like yer on the right track to attaining yer goals..Keep up the good work !!

Gator

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Laurie,

You have lost alot of weight and along with it, muscle.
As you start to build that muscle back up, that loose skin will become less noticable.

You might always have some, especially the facial area, where you will not be building any muscle mass. But even that skin will shrink up a bit with time.

Give yourself a good year to see a good reduction of that loose skin. Your body needs the chance to adapt and you need to get that mucle built up. :)

Laurie
01-29-2003, 07:39 PM
"lose muscle?" Did not realize that would happen. MMmmmmm.....I just thought I was losing fat and building the muscle more. With the fat going, more of the muscle was showing....;)

I figured the neck skin would be much looser with the thinning down. But not this much....age, I guess. As for the upper arms...I am bulking up there and the most of the lose skin is when you straighten out the arm and the tricep area "hangs" abit still but "wrinkley" with excess skin now. There is still fat to disappear and firming the muscle/skin I know. That is what I meant.

Sorry, I guess I was getting ahead of myself. Just so used to seeing the fat cover so much. A girlfriend told me today, I was starting to show more definition in my back and shoulders now. You can actual "see" something appearing now....lol.

I knew a girl in High School, many years ago, who was very chubby. Then she started running track and found she liked it. She ran so much and lost so much fat...her skin did not keep up and resulted in hanging folds. Actual "loose skin" hanging. It eventually firmed up after a few months.

TrishB
01-29-2003, 07:45 PM
And your's will firm up too. Be patient and keep working hard! You are doing great. The muscle is there, you just need to keep building on it. And then....bye- bye fat! (and loose saggy skin!) :)