PDA

View Full Version : Rage and no sleep

Eye2_Man
01-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Last night was the second night of no sleep. Maybe it's because of the Rage product. I don't get home until late and start training at 8pm (got to be in early too, so there's no time to work out in the mornings).

Rage really works though. Good routines doing both cardio and weights. Benched 25% heavier last night.

Has anyone lost sleep with it? Oh, do you also feel itchy after taking it, working out, and showering?

little lats
01-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Are you taking about the Optimum Rage? I could only use it in the morning.... To much **** in it..

Eye2_Man
01-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Universal Rage - it's a pre-workout shake that's supposed to make you really intense. And it works. The only thing is, you stay really intense for 7 or 8 hours after your finished working out.

Maybe the dose is too high. It says 3 scoops for someone 175lbs and I weigh closer to 200. That it would be OK.

Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot. But maybe it should only be used on Saturday when the workout can be finished in the early afternoon.

Phatman1179
01-28-2003, 06:51 AM
I have never used rage so I can't comment on that. But when I am overtraining the first sign I get is Sleep loss. I read In your other thread that you have been going at it every day with no off days. If thats true you may be overtraining.

Eye2_Man
01-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that everyday routine was ridiculous. The day finding this website your advice was taken. Weights every other day (FB) now. On the other days it's abs and stair-master machine.

Three and half more weeks of FB (also learned here) and then 3 days of weights focusing on 2 body areas each day. Maybe Chest-Triceps, Back-Biceps, Legs-Shoulders. And maintain four days a week doing situps, side twists, crunches, and stair machine.

3 month goals are too embarrassing due to being so badly out shape. But they're probably attainable with hard work.

MagicMel
01-28-2003, 07:50 AM
Hey Eye2,

How was golf on SuperBowl Sunday?

I just looked up the ingredients in Universal Rage - Ephedra, Synephrine, Caffeine. You started taking it at full dosage right off the bat, too. It would seem to me that like any other EC stack, you should have eased into it to see how your body tolerates it. Take 1 scoop and see if you have enough energy to complete your workout. If not, then just slowly increase the amount until you find what's comfortable for you to live with.

I use just plain old gatorade during my "difficult" workouts to help me through. This past week I took edster's advice and started taking my post workout shake, which includes 40g of dextrose, about 3/4's of the way thru my workout. That has given me the extra boost I needed to finish any routine. This week I am going to nix the gatorade on the heavy days, and just use the early post w/o shake to get me thru. I'm sure I will get the same energy boosting results.

Eye2_Man
01-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Hey MagicMel, how was your weekend?

Too cold on Sunday to play golf after all. Topped out at about 44 degrees at the high. At tee time it was only 39 so we blew it off.

That really works, taking the post wo drink 3/4 of the way through, hunh? I saw Edster's post too. Maybe will give it a shot. Only thing is that the post drink is so good it's almost like a reward for finishing the entire routine. It'd be unsettling to get the reward before completion (IMO).

mntbikedude
01-28-2003, 08:09 AM
I find I can only take an eca stack early in the morning and then no caffine for the rest of the day......and then zma at night has really helped me get to and stay asleep,,,,,,,

MagicMel
01-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Eye2,

Weekend was great. We moved my Superbowl party to my neighbor's across the street and had a Superbowl/Pool party.
He has both a swimming pool and an outdoor pool table, with TV's in every room including the bathrooms. Yes you CAN hear cheers outside from the open bathroom window. The pool was great since it topped out at 90, yes NINETY, degrees on Sunday.

re: post w/o shake. How about making 1 and a half times more of the stuff and just take half of that 3/4 thru the workout and the last have after workout? Get the boost and the reward!

mtnbikedude,
Bump on the ZMA, good stuff.
I actually take Adaptagen-N 1 hr before bed, it has Melatonin. Then at bedtime I take the ZMA. Goodnight.