PDA

View Full Version : workouts going good!!!!

wspe
01-27-2003, 05:38 PM
I don't know the protocol for telling you guys this stuff; but I'm feeling pretty good so if this is the wrong way; let me know!

just finished deadlift day and it went like this:

135x12
225x5
275x3
300x3x3
315x3
235x5x5

back feels great; front feels great....
body fat is departing and weight has gone up 5...
bench on Wed...

Starting squats seriously on Friday..
Believe I will go with 5x5

ADVISE AND COMMENT WELCOME!

"Frustration is a stump tailed horse tied short in fly time"

Homie
01-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by wspe
I don't know the protocol for telling you guys this stuff; but I'm feeling pretty good so if this is the wrong way; let me know!

just finished deadlift day and it went like this:

135x12
225x5
275x3
300x3x3
315x3
235x5x5

back feels great; front feels great....
body fat is departing and weight has gone up 5...
bench on Wed...

ADVISE AND COMMENT WELCOME!

"Frustration is a stump tailed horse tied short in fly time" There is no protocol here bro, just friends willing to listen and offer advice once in a while. Good job on the deadlifts, hope the back still feels great in a day or 2.

Gator
01-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Keep it up Bro

Gator

Original Poster
01-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Great to here it wspe. :D
Looks like you got bit by the BUG. LOL

A must for any serious routine IMHO.

What type of total split are you doing?
From what you posted I see......

monday - deads
Wed - bench
friday - squats

PEACE

Gollum
01-28-2003, 05:10 AM
wspe,

Here's what I think the protocol is:If you have a good workout,find a good supplement or anything related to bodybuilding ot fitness...tell us!We're interested!At least I am!

I love deadlifts.I love Back Day.I just returned from the gym myself.My current back rountine is Deadlifts,Bent Over Rows and Pulldowns.I mix things up a lot but I have been doing this rountine for about 4 weeks now.

How many total sets are you doing for Deadlifts?If I'm reading it correctly,is it 12?One set with 135,one with 225,one with 275,three with 300,one with 315 and five with 235?

I hit a new max today.Pulled 375 for one super clean rep :D

I'm only doing 4 work sets,though.Maybe I should do more?Hrmm..

giantfan43
01-28-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Gollum
wspe,

Here's what I think the protocol is:If you have a good workout,find a good supplement or anything related to bodybuilding ot fitness...tell us!We're interested!At least I am!

Way to go wspe ! ... I agree with Gollum here .. protocol is info sharing and anything else on your mind .. regarding deadlifts, I just added deadlifts to my routine about 6 weeks ago .. hit my personal today with 4 reps at 295 ... I used to hate back day til I added BB Rows and Deadlifts .. used to just stick to the lat machine and DB rows .. I used to hate it .. now, next to leg day, back has become my favorite .. Gollum, I also do only 4 working sets .. usually start with BB rows for 4 sets, move to deadllifts for 4 sets and then add a couple of other exercises for 2 or 3 sets .. usually DB rows and lat machine work ...

Keep it up wspe !

Phatman1179
01-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Damm I miss those compound exercises (cutting now). Good job on the PR's. Deads & Squats will give you that massive power look like nothing else. Normally when someone tells me they can't gain weight it's one of two things. They don't eat enough OR they refuse to do the Big Three. Just somthing about hitting a PR that puts that smile on your face.

JohnnyT
01-28-2003, 11:20 AM
just because you are cutting does not mean you should not
do compound exercises... why dont you keep doing them?

Phatman1179
01-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Sorry, I do compound movements, Just not to the 3 rep or 1 rep max like I used to. I just came off a Hypertrophy phase where I kept all my lifts in the 8-12 rep range and will now start a 5x5 program using basic lifts but at about 60 to 70% of my 1 RM. While being hypercaloric so I won't have the energy needed to go heavy.

If I allow myself to do heavy singles I throw out my Body goals and start falling back into Power Lifting goals. Not what I want to do at this time.

But man I really do love pushing Big weight.

wspe
01-28-2003, 12:30 PM
chi-town... it is mon -dead
wed-bench
friday-squat
thinking about adding med incline bench on sunday

Gollum:
yes it was twelve....
usually i do 8 sets of three for speed sets; but this day i went 5x5

thanks for the responses;
I LOVE TO DEADLIFT>>>>>>>

TampaIronMan
01-28-2003, 04:01 PM
chi-town... it is mon -dead
wed-bench
friday-squat
thinking about adding med incline bench on sunday
That is about a basic as it gets! You hit the big three! Keep up the great work, bro.