PDA

View Full Version : creatine is it any good

hixy
01-26-2003, 11:15 PM
hello everyone,
i havent been to the gym for about 3-4 years,and i have given up smoking and i am getting fat. so any advice about training or supplements greatly received.
is creatine any good and if yes which brands to buy.and are they any other supplements i should try,especially fat burners
thanks mick

wildman536
01-26-2003, 11:17 PM
creatine is great!!!! Just get something like Phosphagen HP or Simply Creatine by EAS. (the cheaper the better) it all works the same. (creatinewise)

edster951
01-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by hixy
hello everyone,
i havent been to the gym for about 3-4 years,and i have given up smoking and i am getting fat. so any advice about training or supplements greatly received.
is creatine any good and if yes which brands to buy.and are they any other supplements i should try,especially fat burners
thanks mick
Welcome aboard hixy. Congrats on giving up smoking.

Are you male/female
weight

advice
A good clean diet, plenty of cardio, and moderate weights with reps between 10-12.

All this will give you a good base from which to start. You'll need to do this first to help strenthen your cardiocascular system, and also your muscles and supporting tissues/structures.

Then you can start looking at supplements.

Maybe some to try first would be a good protein powder, essential to aid muscle growth and repair.

Read this thread which was aroound about a week ago

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91335

Once again welcome aboard.

hixy
01-26-2003, 11:37 PM
thanks wildman
how long does it take to work and will i feel any different,and could do with something to give me some energy

MiloMan
01-27-2003, 01:48 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91335

giantfan43
01-27-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by hixy
hello everyone,
i havent been to the gym for about 3-4 years,and i have given up smoking and i am getting fat.

hi Hixy -

Welcome aboard and good luck .. some of the other folks here pointed you to a great creatine thread ... I just wanted you to know I just quit smoking myself (December 8th) .. cheated just once .. doing ok with it and haven't gained any fat .. so maybe this exercise thing is the answer LOL! .. good luck with it .. even though its been 7 weeks, I will admit, it can be a struggle .. super bowl party yesterday was a challenge .. had some of the boys over to my house and some smoke .. at one point, I wanted to grub one so bad but I held out and left the room for a bit !

anyway, good luck !

LateStart
01-27-2003, 06:50 AM
I started back on Creatine last week. I was taking it a few months back and it worked fantastic for me!

As for the fat burning, cardio in the morning 1/2 hour after a small cup of coffee and whole-wheat toast works for me. Others swear by 7-keto supplements to help the fat burning.....Good Luck

Eye2_Man
01-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Hi Hixy

Today is the 3rd day of the first loading phase with creatin. It seems like it's doing some good things. At least no cramps or any unpleasantness.

One thing that really seems to be good is Universal Lava as a post-workout shake. It has protein and creatin in it. After drinking that I feel really at ease mentally and physically.

hixy
01-27-2003, 01:28 PM
hello edster,
im 34,male,6 feet tall.and i weigh 243LBs i have a 46inch chest and a 40 inch waist,so i would ideally like to get down to a 34 inch waist and generally get fitter. so how much cardio would you recomend i should do a each week.

once again thanks everyone for your replys

MagicMel
01-27-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm on my 2nd cycle of Creatine. Just as in my first cycle, I am experiencing that slightly bloated look and feel again. If cutting is your priority and you still want to use creatine, then just be aware that some bloating might occur. But the reason we are on Creatine in the first place is to help increase our LBM, which makes burning fat a little easier.

As far as cardio goes, when I was cutting last summer (I lost 28 lbs), I did cardio 5x per week. I did HIIT in the last month of cutting 3x per week, and just "ordinary" cardio 2x per week.