PDA

View Full Version : Trish- Challenge II

Pages : [1] 2 3

TrishB
01-26-2003, 05:03 PM
New Challenge....16 weeks ( I need longer than the normal 12 weeks) :)

Start Date : Jan 27
Completion Date: May 18

My mission: To lose 7%BF
Current 22%...........Goal 15%

I will be using the guidelines from Iron Dolls, MsFits latest book hot off the presses...to help me reach my goals through weight training 3x week, cardio 3xweek, and a complete diet revision.

I promised a pic. Ugggg. :(

I got these developed with just the floppy disk, since I was not planning on sharing them on emails. So the quality is not so good. Just as well, since that lady in the pic does not look so good either.

gbat
01-26-2003, 07:10 PM
The lady in that pic may not be Judith Light but she does look good in my opinion. :) Good luck, Trish!

TrishB
01-26-2003, 08:41 PM
thanks gbat...
Just wanted to post a close-up so you will be convinced that I am no where close to being Judith Bright. Althought I would not mind. :)

JEFF7322
01-26-2003, 08:47 PM
"thanks gbat...
Just wanted to post a close-up so you will be convinced that I am no where close to being Judith Bright. Althought I would not mind. "

Pretty face. That's a very good pic of you.
-JEFF

TwoWalks
01-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Trish you look awfull good too me. It will be great to follow your new challenge and see how Ms Fits program works out. She has a wonderful dedicated lady to test it with on here.

Keep us updated:)

IPR
01-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Hey Trish........ you know how to please us guys.

Looking great in the bikini, and a close-up as well...... I am indeed a happy chappy today :D

Good luck with challenge sequel, I'm expecting great things ;) even if is not on keto :( :D

Gator
01-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Trish...
U look great !!! Nothing wrong w/that pic Trish !!! Grrrrrrrr..
Good luck w/yer experiment !! Keep us updated..

Gator

Original Poster
01-27-2003, 06:21 AM
Trish, (or should I say Hot Momma)

Looking good from here in chi town ;).

Good Luck. Ms Fit will surely help you achieve your goals.

Keep us posted.

PEACE

little lats
01-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Good luck!!! I will keep my other comments to myself.... ;)

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Trish, I think you are beautiful! Great pictures -- and you are prettier than Judith Light!

Hey, I'm drinking the orange myoplex lite from that fruity package. My friend from the GNC still hasn't gotten them in yet but he came over for my SuperBowl bash & brought me 2 from each flavor from his box he had at home. He's a sweetie. :)
Anyway, I thought it tasted like an orange pushup at first but now it's getting kind of gross. Lol They're (protein shakes) all gross.

MagicMel
01-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Just as well, since that lady in the pic does not look so good either.

The lady in the pic looks good to me!

Good luck on your Challenge II, you will do just fine.

Axe
01-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Good Luck Trish! :)

Phatman1179
01-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Trish, Looking Great!!! Your gonna kick some major butt with your challange.

TrishB
01-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
Hey, I'm drinking the orange myoplex lite from that fruity package. My friend from the GNC still hasn't gotten them in yet but he came over for my SuperBowl bash & brought me 2 from each flavor from his box he had at home. He's a sweetie. :)
Anyway, I thought it tasted like an orange pushup at first but now it's getting kind of gross. Lol They're (protein shakes) all gross.

Oh great....and i got a whole case of them! :(

TrishB
01-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Thank-you guys, and Hib, for all your great support.

Today was just a great day. I can't believe the enthusiasm I have about this. I know that it will die down a bit, but it has been awhile since I felt this good. :)

I got my meal plan all set for tomorrow.
And I will be doing cardio on the escalator machine again. That way I can reread some of the book, since I can't go too fast on that thing...but I still get the heart pumping real good.

I am so ready to be looking hot in a few months. Well, as hot as an old hot momma can look anyway. :D

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, you already look great -- so it can only get better! [Sorry, I just couldn't use the word "hot" when telling another woman how she looks! Lol]

Don't get discouraged, I only tried the Orange Jubilee -- I haven't tasted any of the other flavors. I just meant all protein shakes in general taste kind of gross. I do like the Vanilla Myoplex Lite okay. I think I'll put strawberries in it tomorrow to see if I can spice it up a little.

I'm glad you're excited about your new challenge. I've been a little discouraged the last few days but I'm sure I've just got PMS going on. :)

TrishB
01-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks Hibiscus. :)

I just pulled out a pina colada flavor to take to work tomorrow.
It will probably turn me off of that drink for life. Well, I only have 24 of them to drink. :(

Do you have the premixed ones? Those are really yuck.
I got the packets and will mix with skim milk. And try to get it all down.

I had a myoplex lite bar at work today ... I think it was cinnamon coffee cake....or something like that. It was actually pretty good. :)
I had half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon.
By the end of the week though, I am sure I will hate them too.

But then comes cheat day....yeah! :D

Charger
01-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I think you are being way hard on yourself, look at all the women out there that would love to be where you are now. You'll do fine, just as you look.

TrishB
01-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks Charger.

It is just knowing what I can do and achieve, that keeps me being negative about where I am right now.

I'm not sure I will ever be completely satisfied with myself.....but that is what gives me drive to keep trying to do better.

And I do want to look goooood this summer at the beach. :)

tracyb555
01-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Trish -

C'mon girl, you are looking great! Maybe, you are experiencing some winter doldroms. Anyway, congrats on re-setting your challenge goals and I'm sure you will do great. Let me know how MsFit's book works out for you!

Hibiscus09
01-28-2003, 06:22 AM
Trish, I do have the packets also but I mix them with water. The Vanilla Cream is actually pretty good. I just didn't care for the orange. I'll go get the Myoplex Lite bar. The EAS AdvantEdge bar was disgusting in peanutbutter & chocolate! Ewwww, tasted like stale chocolate.

TrishB
01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
I did cardio this morning on the escalator. I found my endurance is not so great at 5am, so I could only do it at level 2, down from level 3.
The thing goes up to level 20....the day I hit that is a long way off.
I can do the highest resistence levels on the elyptical and stairstepper...but for some reason this thing kills me.
But I like it. :D

Diet is going great. I am staying around 1850cals this week, and will drop down by 50cals each week.

Tomorrow is legs and abs.

TrishB
01-28-2003, 06:31 PM
I tried the pina colada myoplex lite today. I only put one tablespoon in about 4 ounces of skim milk. It was more than enough for me. I think a shot of rum would have made it better. :D

Anyway, at this rate the carton I bought should last me till I am 50.

Hibiscus09
01-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey, the banana cream pie was pretty darn good! :)

TrishB
01-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Hey, the banana cream pie was pretty darn good! :)

Ok..I will pack that in my lunch box for tomorrow. Thanks.

And I hate any protein bar that tries to fool us into thinking it is a chocolate bar. They all yuck.
Sunday, I tried the MAXXON chocolate crisp....it is new by Designer. With 30gm whey protein and 3 gm creatine in it.
That one took my all day to finish.

Hibiscus09
01-28-2003, 08:19 PM
I bought my husband a box of Detour bars today. They're better than some of the ones I've tasted lately.

little lats
01-28-2003, 08:22 PM
The only bars I have ever liked are unfortunately from Muscle-tech. I think the peanut butter

tracyb555
01-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I used to like "Bio-Protein" bars, but once I examined the label more closely, I realized it was because they were jam-packed with sugar.

I've switched to the Pure-Protein brand. While they are not great-tasting, sometimes I can convince myself that I like them :(
There are other brands I've tried that seem much worse (like cardboard, covered in fake chocolate)

little lats
01-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Let's face it they all suck. I will take a snickers any day!!

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by little lats
The only bars I have ever liked are unfortunately from Muscle-tech. I think the peanut butter

Why is that unfortuate? Is there something wrong with muscle-tech?

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:21 PM
I bought my husband a box of Detour bars today. They're better than some of the ones I've tasted lately.

If you get a chance Hib..can you write out the cal/carb/prot/fat on those.

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by tracyb555
I used to like "Bio-Protein" bars, but once I examined the label more closely, I realized it was because they were jam-packed with sugar.

I've switched to the Pure-Protein brand. While they are not great-tasting, sometimes I can convince myself that I like them :(
There are other brands I've tried that seem much worse (like cardboard, covered in fake chocolate)

LOL....I seems like all the good ones are loaded with sugar. I just want something to get me thru all my meals when I am pressed for time. I guess I need to continue my search for the perfect bar. :)

TrishB
01-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Let's face it they all suck. I will take a snickers any day!!

I don't think a snickers bar is on your keto food list. If it was, I might not have quit. :)

Hibiscus09
01-29-2003, 04:57 PM
The DeTour bar is really good. It has 6 grams of sugar. I've also had WorldWide Bars -- they are decent and have 4 grams of sugar.

Trish, the Peach flavored protein shake in that pack was gross! Maybe I'm not going to like any of the ones that are colored orange! LOL

TrishB
01-29-2003, 05:05 PM
The DeTour bar is really good. It has 6 grams of sugar. I've also had WorldWide Bars -- they are decent and have 4 grams of sugar.

Trish, the Peach flavored protein shake in that pack was gross! Maybe I'm not going to like any of the ones that are colored orange! LOL

LOL...the pina colada one was a funny yellow color....it did not look too appetizing. I have not had any more of it since I opened the package. Maybe tomorrow.

I might be donating alot of shakes to the local food bank. :)

Thanks on the detour bar info. I will check around for them and the worldwide ones.

decider111
01-29-2003, 05:11 PM

Please, please do not kill the messenger. However, I just read in a different thread on this board that a testing lab has determined that Detour bar's nutritional label is not accurate and that the sugar claims is 1/3 of the actual sugar and the protein claimed is 2x actual protein.

I have no idea whether this is accurate and I pass this information along to enable you to check it out and form your own determination. You can search Detour on this site and should hit the thread right away.

Again, sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news.

Marc

TrishB
01-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Oh great...thanks alot Marc!!! :mad:
(just teasing ya)

Actually I have read that alot of the bars are way off with their nutrition statements. I think EAS is one of the few companies that comes pretty close to their stats....but then I might have read that on a BFL site. Which would make it a little biased.

Oh well...the search continues........

Hibiscus09
01-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Well, Marc, it may be true because I ate one today & that baby was a lot better than your average protein bar -- not quite a snickers but getting awfully close!
:)

Okay, I went & read the thread. Sounds like noone knows for sure. There was a lab test done by a competitor -- well, whatever.

I don't eat protein bars very often -- I prefer real food. However, today I had a problem with one of my meals so I went ahead and ate one so I could be on schedule. I doubt the labeling of this bar is any more suspect than any other company's. I think I won't mind having one every once in a while. I've also eaten WorldWide Bars & they say they're pretty low in sugar. This is very believable considering how they taste. :)

little lats
01-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TrishB
I don't think a snickers bar is on your keto food list. If it was, I might not have quit. :)

It might be on my Carb up this weekend!!

TrishB
01-30-2003, 06:53 PM
I finally got to the gym for my cardio. Today was my day off work, and I planned on going at 7am. Didn't get there till 7pm. I do have a way of putting off the gym on my days off. Even though I love it once I am there.

The gym was way crowded!
I never saw so many guys just walking around doing nothing.

I did the treadmill on the highest incline and just walked uphill at 3.7mph for 15 mins. Then my legs were getting like jello. So I did the elyptical for 15 mins on the highest setting. That really gives my legs an incredible workout as well as gets the heart rate way up. It is like trying to run in mud.

Diet is going great!

tracyb555
01-31-2003, 05:08 PM
Trish, sounds like you are doing great. I know what you mean about procrastinating on gym days, but loving it once you get there. As long as you eventually get there, thats the important thing!

TrishB
01-31-2003, 05:41 PM
LOL...I did alot of procrastinating today too. But had a great workout doing the shoulders and arms.

I am doing ok now with the biceps/triceps. Thanks to suggestions from the guys on what to do since I have a bad Left wrist.
But because of my old injury, some exercises for the shoulders can be tough. Especially doing things like lateral or front raises.
If I go up any higher than 8 lbs, I can't hold onto the dumbell since my wrist/grip is so bad....even taped or splinted.

Are the lateral machines any good? I tried it tonite, but did not seem to get much out of it. The only good thing is you use your arms to pull up the weight to shoulder level.

I also do military presses and the rear deltoid machine, and those I can do ok.

IPR
02-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Trish, I don't know if your gym has one, but for delts you want the delt machine which you raise using you elbow/upper arm only. This would not involve your wrist at all.

TrishB
02-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks IPR. I used that machine today, but did not seem to feel it in the shoulders. But this morning I am feeling it good!
I will try it again next week.... :)

Charger
02-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Trish, I know you don't want to hear this but you may need to take a break. Have that wrist looked at, if it's giving you that much pain continued use is not going to help it.
Maybe just avoiding movements that hurt it all together for awhile. I go through this with my lower back once in a great while, rest is the only answer.

TrishB
02-01-2003, 06:42 AM
One week done:

Jan 26
Wgt 121lbs
BF 22%
LBM 94.38lbs
Fat 26.62lbs
Waist 27.25"
Hips 35"

Feb 2
Wgt 121
BF 21.4 %
LBM 95.11lbs
Fat 25.89lbs
Waist 27"
Hips 34.5"

I am feeling good seeing the BF going down with LBM going up. :)

TrishB
02-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your concern Charger. :)

I had a bone graft done on my wrist about 10 years ago after I shattered it in an accident. Every once in awhile it kills for a day or two after, if I overuse it, but usually just during the actual lift does it hurt.
I don't take Glucosomine, only because I need to use the pain as a gauge to know what my limit is. I could do some serious damage if I screw up.

Rest has never helped, maybe because it is bone pain, not muscle?
What I need to do is just quit trying to be a powerlifter... :)

TwoWalks
02-01-2003, 08:46 AM
All right Trish, way to go. Looks like the new program is going to do it for you. You have encouraged me every since I first came here and now you are also a great inspiration for determination and dedication. I know that I am going to hit that wall one of these days and this will remind me not to give up :) Those bikini shots be a comming and they be looking OOOOOOH soooo good:D

TrishB
02-01-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks TwoWalks!!

I was set to go to the gym until I turned on the TV.....now I have lost interest in going right now.
My heart is breaking as I watch the news of the Space Shuttle.
God be with them.

tracyb555
02-01-2003, 10:54 AM
I was set to go to the gym until I turned on the TV.....now I have lost interest in going right now.
My heart is breaking as I watch the news of the Space Shuttle.
God be with them.

Very tragic indeed. My mom who lives in Florida called me this morning with the news. It is heartbreaking.

TrishB
02-02-2003, 07:18 AM
I had a really nice Cheat meal last nite, and today starts my 2nd week of the challenge.

I will be doing 1800cal/day, using Fitday as my guide.
Protein 190gm
Carb 212 gm
Fat 21 gm

Workouts:
Mon: Chest/Back/abs
Tues: Cardio 30-45min
Wed: Legs/abs
Thurs: Cardio 30min HIIT
Fri: Shoudlers/arms/abs
Sat: Cardio (missed that this past Sat) 30-45mins

gbat
02-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Trish,

You are doing 30 minutes of HIIT? Wow, how long did it take you to work up to that? I was just at 6 minutes before I got sick and was puffin' like the little engine that almost could. I was running in place on a little trampoline.

Gary

Charger
02-02-2003, 08:53 AM
I had a really nice Cheat meal last nite, and today starts my 2nd week of the challenge.

I will be doing 1800cal/day, using Fitday as my guide.
Protein 190gm
Carb 212 gm
Fat 21 gm

Trish, I thought you were doing Keto?

Musicguy
02-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi Trish,

Congratulations on your plan of action, and the success you've had so far. I think it's always the most challenging right at the beginning, but you've done a good job of tracking your progress and enabling yourself to see results quickly.

About the treadmill: Last year I did the same thingówalking with the thing inclined to its maximum (15%) position. I trained myself up to 45 minutes at 4 miles per hour. Whew! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I don't think I've ever cut so deeply into my reserves as I did then. In retrospect, that's a bit too long at that level of intensity, but wow, what a rush! Now I get on periodically and do half a mile to a mile that way. I think it's a fantastic way to get an intense cardio workout. For me, it's even better than running, because I can maintain the walking pace and just keep going. You might try experimenting with different speeds and inclines until you find one that suits you best.

You're looking pretty good in your before pic, can't wait to see how you're doing in May!

Keep up the good work,

Ron

TrishB
02-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Charger
Trish, I thought you were doing Keto?

I quit...I hated it with a passion. But don't tell IPR. :D

And I was adding BF while on it. I just did not know how to manage that kind of diet.

TrishB
02-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by gbat
Trish,

You are doing 30 minutes of HIIT? Wow, how long did it take you to work up to that? I was just at 6 minutes before I got sick and was puffin' like the little engine that almost could. I was running in place on a little trampoline.

Gary

Well, since I am only 33 now it is easier. :D

Actually, I started training doing HIIT about a year ago. I started at 4 minutes and now am up to 30.
I only do the HIIT once a week now, since I like to try different types of cardio...I only do the HIIT on the bike and elyptical, since I have more control of speed and resisitance.

TrishB
02-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Musicguy...
thanks so much for your support. I need to do these challenges every so often to get myself back on track, especially with diet. Now that the holidays are over, I will get the old body ready to hit the beach this summer. :)

Hibiscus09
02-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Trish -- great results so far! I'm too scared to check mine. Maybe in a few weeks! LOL

TrishB
02-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Hib...you do not want to check them after a weekend away! But I am sure you are doing great. :)

I am going to keep checking every week, since I want to make sure I am at least going in the right direction. Even if I am getting there by babysteps.

IPR
02-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Trish......seems things are really going great for you, even if you did abandon keto :( :D

TrishB
02-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by IPR
Trish......seems things are really going great for you, even if you did abandon keto :( :D

Thanks honey....and I am keeping my eye on you still. At least keto has done you good. :)

little lats
02-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Well, since I am only 33 now it is easier. :D

A

Yippie :D

TrishB
02-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Lats...calm down...I am still an old lady. ;)

Charger
02-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I quit...I hated it with a passion. But don't tell IPR. :D

And I was adding BF while on it. I just did not know how to manage that kind of diet.

I'm tellin:D I tried it, may try again, can't decide. I like meat but it gets a bit hard to choke down. IPR has done great.
Looks like you are on the right track.

TrishB
02-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Charger
I'm tellin:D

Too late...I think he has me tracked on radar. :)

little lats
02-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Their marketing tactics are bs. I would have a hard time believing the contain what they say.

TrishB
02-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Today I did the treadmill at the highest incline for 45mins. When I took a drink of water, I had to hang on or I would have gone right on my butt. I was only going at 3.6mph, but I still got a great workout.

I am sitting here wondering what my last meal is going to be.
I had planned on one of EAS tropical protein shakes, but I am reconsidering. Those are pretty tough to swallow. :(

I need to get some protein bars for times like this.

TrishB
02-04-2003, 05:59 PM
I decided to do the shake. I will be up half the nite drinking it. :(

Hibiscus09
02-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Trish, that walking up hill gets better as you go along. :)

I'm sorry you hate the shakes. Have you tried the plain Vanilla Cream? My husband drinks ProBlend 55 shakes in Strawberry Twist by Human Development Technologies. They sell it at the GNC. I've had it also. It's pretty good mixed with Strawberry/Banana/Orange Crystal Lite. It doesn't have a consistency like a shake -- more like an orange julius (if you know what those are) in strawberry. I just add a few ice cubes. I only use one scoop but the serving size is 2 scoops & it contains 270 calories; 1.5 grams fat; 7 carbs & 55 grams of protein. You really should give these I try -- they're pretty good and definitely aren't thick like the shakes.

TrishB
02-05-2003, 03:04 PM
I was one of the banned ones last nite....I was so bummed out.
I could not imagine what I said to make someone upset enough to ban me. :(

I would have continued my challenge. This is a personal thing for me.
But I would have missed so much here. I would have missed each of you terribly. All your wit, support, motivation, kindness, and caring means so much to me.
You are my friends. :)

TrishB
02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
OK..that said, now on to the challenge.

Hib...thanks for the tips. I am slowly working on the shakes. Each packet is good for about 4 shakes. I can't quite do more than that.
It lasts a long time anyway.

Legs today....got a great burn. I forgot my log book and was running late. So I jumped from one thing to another. Just doing my own thing. I did just about every exercise and machine for the lower body that the gym has. I will be hurting in the morning. :)

I will do the abs tonite. I put them off, but have to do them!!

Doing great with the diet today. Having tenderloin with a sweet potato and a small salad for dinner. My husband is shoveling the grill out from under the snow now. I don't cook steak at home too often, but when I do it has to be on the grill. Yum! :)

Musicguy
02-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Today I did the treadmill at the highest incline for 45mins.

Hey Trish!

I know what a great workout that is, and 3.6 mph is great! I'll bet you felt fantastic after you were done. I hope you are taking in some good food very soon after that kind of workout.

I did the treadmill on highest incline for one mile yesterday, with a speed of 3.5 to 3.7 mph. It was the day after I did squats, too, so today I'm really feeling it!

Later,

Ron

IPR
02-05-2003, 03:40 PM
My husband is shoveling the grill out from under the snow now.

Errr........shouldn't that be you shovelling the snow Trish? :)

Hibiscus09
02-05-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry you were banned. :( Glad they reinstated you! LOL

I'm so glad I live somewhere where we don't have to shovel the grill out! :)

TrishB
02-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Musicguy
Hey Trish!

I know what a great workout that is, and 3.6 mph is great! I'll bet you felt fantastic after you were done. I hope you are taking in some good food very soon after that kind of workout.

I did the treadmill on highest incline for one mile yesterday, with a speed of 3.5 to 3.7 mph. It was the day after I did squats, too, so today I'm really feeling it!

Later,

Ron

Ron....
I read about what a great cardio and leg workout it is to walk at uphill or at a high incline. I used to run alot...hated it!!
But doing this is great.
And I know what you mean about the legs. I did my legs today, and I was still feeling them from the walking. Tomorrow I will be moving very slowly. :)

TrishB
02-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by IPR
Errr........shouldn't that be you shovelling the snow Trish? :)

Who do you think shoveled all the snow on top of it?? :D

TrishB
02-05-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry you were banned. :( Glad they reinstated you! LOL

I'm so glad I live somewhere where we don't have to shovel the grill out! :)

It is not fun being a banned hot momma. :(
Unless I had fun getting banned of course.

I am leaving all the snow shovels here when I move.
Next year, I just wait for it to warm up and melt any snow that falls.

TwoWalks
02-05-2003, 07:01 PM
It is not fun being a banned hot momma. :(

I am glad it was an error - I for one would have cried - and I don't like crying:)

Welcome home Hot Momma

TrishB
02-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much. You are a sweetheart. :)

Phatman1179
02-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Trish,

Your still going to need those shovels but only once or twice a winter once you get to DC. More ICE than snow there. The bad part is that No one there knows how to drive in snow. Actually no one there knows how to drive period!!! A turn signal in DC is like a yellow light to the rest of the country, FLOOR IT, Don't let them in!!!!

Phatman

TrishB
02-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Tracy is the one going to DC....I am going to drive right past there on to NC. We are both going to be moving around the same time too. And I refuse to bring a shovel down south....I might give it away that I am a Yankee.

I remember the 1st time driving down Rt 95 S, and I ended up on the DC Beltway...but did not realize it until I came to the sign that said Welcome to Maryland. Good thing I saw that sign or I probably would have driven all the way to Maine. :)

Phatman1179
02-05-2003, 08:34 PM
You know right after I hit that damm submit button It occured to me that I may be replying in the wrong thread. Blame it on my low carb diet, I can't see the screen...things starting to fade..zzzzz Sorry zzzzzzz

TrishB
02-05-2003, 08:42 PM
LOL...that's ok. Those low carbs will cause the mind to dull a little.
Go have a bowl of ice cream.....you will be back to normal in no time. :)

Eye2_Man
02-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Read the entire thread. Good going. You seem to have lots of ambition and drive. That's really cool (for everybody!).
Your pictures look from day one look really nice too.

Those Muscle-Tech bars aren't too bad. The S'mores actually taste good. A little dry, but manageable.

TrishB
02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Thank-you! :)
I am going to GNC today, to get a variety of bars. I don't think I ever had the muscle tech ones so I will pick up one of them too.
I just have a tough time keeping up the calories when I eat clean, even eating 6xday.
So having a protein bar a day will add on the calories that I am missing.

Musicguy
02-06-2003, 07:34 AM
Hey Trish,

How's it going today? I thought of you this morning as I did a half mile hill climb at 4 mph (getting the endurance back). After a half mile I brought the incline down to level and finished out the mile at a 5 mph walk. It's nice to know somebody else out there that's using the treadmill in a similar way.

About bars: have you ever tried the vanilla yogurt and lemon yogurt flavored protein plus bars by PowerBar? They are a little high in sugar, but they taste pretty good.

Have a good day,

Ron

TrishB
02-06-2003, 07:51 AM
I am sitting here trying to get my legs to move to the car to get me to the gym. :)

I am doing cardio today, but it will not be on the treadmill or anything that involves lifting my legs.....LOL!
So that leave the elyptical.

I will try those bars too. I do not like the ones that are chocolate...even though I love chocolate.
So I might like the yogurt ones. Thanks. :)

Sounds like you did great and your endurance is really getting up there. Doing it the way you did....increasing and going back down is a great way to increase the endurance. Next time go a little further on the incline at 4mph.

4.5mph and over is a jog for me....I can't walk that fast.

tracyb555
02-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey Trish! Sounds like you are doing well. How's MsFit's plan working out for you? Glad to hear you weren't actually banned. The day YOU get banned for real is the day I join you in seeking out a new board (I'm sure we hot momma's could persuade some of the hot pappas to follow!)

decider111
02-06-2003, 09:51 AM
The day YOU get banned for real is the day I join you in seeking out a new board (I'm sure we hot momma's could persuade some of the hot pappas to follow!)

Tracy. I am not getting left behind to be with all the teens. Take me with you to that different place. LOL.

Trish. Glad you are doing great. That treadmill work-out would leave me in bed for days. I could not do the highest incline for 45 minutes. Congrats. You must have the heart and lungs of a teen.

Marc

Hibiscus09
02-06-2003, 09:59 AM
I love doing the uphill treadmill thing! I just keep thinking "It's lifting my hiney, it's lifting my hiney, la,la,la!"

Brian_M35
02-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey Trish, just read through your thread. Sounds like your making good progress. I wanted to add some info about the Pro Blend 55 protein powder that Hibiscus09 had mentioned. It's a time release blend of different proteins (whey, casein, etc) and as such is great as a meal replacement. Not a good post workout drink however. A 100% whey is best then since the body is looking to utilize it as soon as it can.

As far as protein bars go I would suggest you look for Biotest's grow bars. The currently come in peanut butter and lemon. Both are very tasty. I have one for snack about 1 hour or so before every workout. The nutritional data is as follows...

calories :310
calories from fat: 70
total fat: 8g
total carbs: 31g
sugars: 17g
protein:30g

You can get more info by going to www.testosterone.net. Not only can you order them direct from Biotest, but there are a couple other websites that carry them cheaper and Vitamin Shoppe aslo has them.

Good luck with you workouts.

decider111
02-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Hib-

I am embarassed to ask, but who are all those folk at the bottom of your postings lately?

Marc

TrishB
02-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey Trish! Sounds like you are doing well. How's MsFit's plan working out for you? Glad to hear you weren't actually banned. The day YOU get banned for real is the day I join you in seeking out a new board (I'm sure we hot momma's could persuade some of the hot pappas to follow!)

Tracy...That was so nice of you to post. Thank-you. :)

MsFit's plan is going great!! I just got back from the gym and put on the jeans that I could not get on 2 weeks ago. They zipped up without sucking in. YEAH!

Hibiscus09
02-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Yeah Trish!! :)

Decider, my son said I needed to add a signature line so I just chose a couple of my favorite things. The folks are my brothers & sisters. :)

TrishB
02-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by decider111
Tracy. I am not getting left behind to be with all the teens. Take me with you to that different place. LOL.

Trish. Glad you are doing great. That treadmill work-out would leave me in bed for days. I could not do the highest incline for 45 minutes. Congrats. You must have the heart and lungs of a teen.

Marc

Thanks Decider. Don't worry...the hot mommas are here to stay. :)
It was just recently that I started doing the uphill treadmill that way. I always just ran on it...and I HATE running. So this way still gives me a great workout.

TrishB
02-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the added info. :)
I have been using the Optimum 100% Whey, and love the taste of the vanilla flavor. I usually do have it post workout.
I will check on those bars too. I have a Vitamin Shop not too far from me, I was going to go there for some Detour bars and I will look for Biotest's also.

I just don't want to get anything that tastes too good....that could be dangerous for me!

Brian...I see you are just starting to post. Welcome to the board. Hope you plan to stick around. :)

TrishB
02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
I love doing the uphill treadmill thing! I just keep thinking "It's lifting my hiney, it's lifting my hiney, la,la,la!"

LOL....That is EXACTLY what I am thinking! :D

decider111
02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Hib-

You are on of 15?! Wow! That is impressive.

Brian_M35
02-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Trish,

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been on here for over 7 months now, but have been lurking and learning. This is one of only a few boards I visit on a daily basis.

I have to drive from NH down to Burlington MA to go to the Vitamin Shoppe, but its worth it for the prices. They have one of the largest selections of products I've seen in a local store. I like that they don't try and force their own products on you too.

Take care.

Hibiscus09
02-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Decider -- my mom is the impressive one! :) Actually, though, it's 14 -- I'm the Diane part of that list.

TrishB
02-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Hib...forget impressive. Your mom must be a saint. :)

TwoWalks
02-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Decider -- my mom is the impressive one! :) Actually, though, it's 14 -- I'm the Diane part of that list.

stamina - endurance - dedication and a lack of will power:D beautiful combination. My Grandmother had 14 also and I am one of 8.

Hibiscus09
02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
My Dad was always singing to my mom & patting her bottom -- I think he wanted to keep making babies forever! LOL

TrishB
02-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I just got in from shoveling a ton of snow. What a workout that is. My grill is buried again....I'll probably won't find it now till June.
Did my shoulders and arm workout at home today, since I am not going to venture out to the gym with all the snow coming down.

The latest stats:

Jan 26
Wgt 121lbs
BF 22%
LBM 94.38lbs
Fat 26.62lbs
Waist 27.25"
Hips 35"

Feb 2
Wgt 121
BF 21.4 %
LBM 95.11lbs
Fat 25.89lbs
Waist 27"
Hips 34.5"

Feb 7th
Wgt 120.5
BF 20.4%
LBM 95.92lbs
Fat 24.58
Waist 26.75"
Hips 34.25"

The BF is going down and I am loving it. Next week I am aiming to be under 20%BF. And new pics will be posted with next weeks stats....before I head down south for a couple of weeks.

The size 4 jeans go on again without having to suck it all in. 2 more weeks and I'm hoping they are a bit loose. :)

Original Poster
02-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Trish great results so far. Keep up the good work.

Can I ask you a favor...............How can I get my wife to shovel snow ? She just refuses. And if I'm out of town on business, I have to come home and almost chizel it off the driveway.

Maybe I should be asking your hubby this ? LOL

PEACE

Hibiscus09
02-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Fantastic stats, Trish! You're doing great!

TrishB
02-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks Hib! I feel good about the progress....slow and steady,

I need to redo my macronutrient ratios for the next two weeks. This should take me the rest of the day to figure out. :(
The only thing I do know is I will be at 1750calores. I'll have to check Iron Dolls to get the rest of the calculations.

Are you cycling carbs yet? I got a long time yet before I do that.

Hibiscus09
02-07-2003, 12:30 PM
I've just been cycling calories so far (which of course makes the carbs cycle some). I'm going to start cycling the carbs next week. I believe in the book she starts at week 10, which is where I'll be next week (on Challenge 2 -- ha,ha). I don't know exactly how I'm going to go about it -- I need some think time. LOL I don't think I'll take the fats quite as high as the chart does as the carbs go down -- I don't want to go over 30% fat. Anyway, it should be interesting trying to figure it all out. :) I'll try to break my body in easily to the concept!

little lats
02-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Good Job!! :)

TrishB
02-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Good Job!! :)

Thanks honey....:)

little lats
02-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Your welcome!! ;)

TwoWalks
02-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Next week I am aiming to be under 20%BF. And new pics will be posted with next weeks stats

The size 4 jeans go on again

Trish, you are doing a super job and I can tell you are thrilled about hose size 4 pants:)

Looking forward to the pictures next week - without a doubt you look fantastic ... easy bet because you looked fantastic when you started, but I know you look even more so now:)

decider111
02-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Trish-

Way to go. Looks like you found your formula.

Marc

little lats
02-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Yes it is good you found some extra motivation with Iron Dolls. :)

IPR
02-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Trish.....you are doing fanatastic, 0.25" off the waist each week is pefect :D

Looking forward to the pics ;)

TrishB
02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
IPR, TwoWalks, Decider, Lats....
Thanks guys. I love seeing results. I have not been grumpy for 2 weeks now! :)

MagicMel
02-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Ok, I give up. What are Iron Dolls?
Is that you hot mommas are playing with to pump up your biceps?

kendo
02-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Great stuff Trish your b/f is comin down slowly with lean mass increasing and your bodyweight staying stable as you planned. WTG girl!

TrishB
02-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks Kendo....I got to look good in that fur coat. ;)

TrishB
02-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Kendo....LMAO ...everytime I look at your title I just start laughing! :D

Original Poster
02-07-2003, 05:03 PM
IPR, TwoWalks, Decider, Lats....
Thanks guys. I love seeing results. I have not been grumpy for 2 weeks now! :)

Left out again. :(

TrishB
02-07-2003, 05:22 PM
OMG Chi....I just went back and found your post. Oh honey...I am so sorry for missing you.
I promise that I'll make it up to you. ;)

And I did almost all the shoveling today. 16 inches of it!
It was pretty for the first 6" that fell.....after that I decided that I really, really want to move south.

Original Poster
02-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks Trish,

Now I can go into the weekend Happier ;).

:D:D:D

Really great job. You are an inspiration to us all.

PEACE

Hibiscus09
02-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah, you need to come here. We had three inches that went away pretty quickly. No shovelling.

TrishB
02-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Chi_town
Thanks Trish,

Now I can go into the weekend Happier ;).

:D:D:D

Really great job. You are an inspiration to us all.

PEACE

Thank you!

And anytime I can help put a smile on your face, my day is complete. :)

TrishB
02-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Yeah, you need to come here. We had three inches that went away pretty quickly. No shovelling.

It is still snowing now....every hour the weatherman up the predictions. It does not melt too quickly up here.

Oh well......one more week and I head to NC for vacation. And if they get snow I am going to keep on driving to Florida. :)

little lats
02-07-2003, 08:45 PM
You must be bored...

TrishB
02-07-2003, 09:09 PM
You must be bored...

I got someone keeping me company during the snowstorm. :)

little lats
02-07-2003, 09:19 PM
That's always nice. :)

TrishB
02-08-2003, 08:37 AM
I thought yesterday was saturday...so I did all my stats as planned. Anyway, I just went back and changed my date from Feb 8th to the 7th on the post.
That makes feel even better that I got to that point in one less day! I won't bother rechecking today....don't want to press my luck.

Did cardio today on the escalator machine for 45mins. I love that thing!! My legs are like jello now and my heartrate got up pretty good.

I need to go figure out this weeks meal plan. Not sure yet what I am suppose to do for the next two weeks, so I have to do some rereading in the book.

Today the sky is as blue as can be, the air is crisp, and the entire landscape is covered with white glistening snow.
What a beautiful world we live in. :)

TrishB
02-08-2003, 09:47 AM
I got my plan figured out. Thank God for calculators. :)

This week I will be dropping calories down 50 to 1750/day.

Protein will be 2gm x LBM
Carbs will be 1.5gm x weight
Fat will be whatever is leftover.

Protein= 192gm = 768cal
Carb = 180gm = 720cal
Fat = 29gm = 261cal

I'll figure my meals every nite for the next day...this has been working out best for me.

Hibiscus09
02-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Looks good! I have to figure all that stuff out tomorrow. :)

TrishB
02-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks Hib. I am getting more used to figuring the week out using the calculator...until I start cycling carbs. Then I will be needing TwoWalks to work out my figures. :)

Hibiscus09
02-08-2003, 11:35 AM
What week of your diet are you going to start cycling carbs?

TrishB
02-08-2003, 12:11 PM
I am just checking the book and it looks like I start carb rotation at week 8, and then continue thru the final 8 weeks.

I might have to go up a little on calories around that time...otherwise I will be getting too low by the time 16 weeks is done.

I will probably just use the exact figures she has in the book, which would have me starting week 8 at 1650 calories.
(instead of 1550 which is where I would normally be at)

Hibiscus09
02-08-2003, 12:13 PM
I will probably have to boost mine up somewhere along the line also. Maybe in the same place (at week 8) -- I don't want my calories to get extremely low at the end of this & they will if I keep going along as I have been.

TrishB
02-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Tonite is my cheat dinner....yes!!!
I have been clean all day, but now I plan to eat good. :D

Tomorrow is a day of rest. I will be at work, but I sit all day on Sundays doing catchup paperwork.
My diet will be clean though. Just the one meal is enough for me this week.

I have one more week till vacation....and I got to make it a good one.
Pics being posted again on Friday....and I don't plan on having to put up blurry ones this time! :)

little lats
02-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Good ;)

Charger
02-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Good, I'll second that

TrishB
02-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Still waiting to see your pics on the board one of these days. :)

TrishB
02-09-2003, 05:21 PM
I promise I won't put myself down again...I don't want to face your wrath. :)

TrishB
02-09-2003, 05:27 PM
One thing I don't like about working Sundays, is that I don't move much for 8 hours. :(
I wish I could ride on a stationary bike or something like that while doing the paperwork and get some cardio in.

Back to the gym in the morning and I am ready to make some big gains this week. That BF will finally get back down into the teens and the waist will disappear a little bit more....that's is my mission for the week! :)

TrishB
02-09-2003, 05:34 PM
I stole (borrowed for awhile) a scanner from work...so I can get the pictures put on here when I take them this week without having to have them put onto CD. I never used one before, so that may not happen, but I will try.

When I get back from vacation I will buy a digital camera...again.
I bought one last month, but it went back the next day.

I need to get with the times. :)

Musicguy
02-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi Trish,

Hey, about a digital camera: I picked up an inexpensive one at Wal-mart. By the time I paid for batteries, a battery charger, and a mini tripod I ended up spending about $135. It's nothing fancy, and I haven't tried to print any pictures yet, but it serves the purpose just fine of getting pictures onto your computer.

Ron

TrishB
02-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks Ron....let me know how the pics look on the computer. I don't care about anything fancy. I have a good regular camera to use if I go away and don't want to worry about running out of memory on the digital.

If i could get a good one for under $200, I would be happy.

little lats
02-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Still waiting to see your pics on the board one of these days. :)

;) You will have to have some pretty good stakes for that!!

TrishB
02-09-2003, 07:02 PM
;) You will have to have some pretty good stakes for that!!

Hummm... now what kind of stakes are we talking here? :)

TrishB
02-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the PM and info...:)
I am taking the scanner I stole back to work...the practice pictures do not come out too good.
And I will check out Walmart after work tomorrow for the camera.

I ended up spending almost $700 when I got mine...half was for all the extras that I got talked into buying. That was why it got returned....way too much money to spend for something I won't use too often.

little lats
02-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Hummm... now what kind of stakes are we talking here? :)

Let's see your pocket book..

TrishB
02-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Let's see your pocket book..

:D I was hoping for something a little more interesting than money. ;)

little lats
02-09-2003, 08:12 PM
:D I was hoping for something a little more interesting than money. ;)

That's a start.. ;)

TrishB
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Did chest and back today...and added on a 20 min HIIT cardio on the elyptical. Had a super workout and felt great all day!

I just have this week till vacation, and I want to make it good.

There is a small fitness center at the clubhouse where I will be in NC....so at least I will be able to continue to work out.
And hopefully I won't screw up the diet. I could do alot of damage in 2 weeks if I am not careful.

The worse part about this trip will be no computer, no TV, and no telephone. No furniture yet either.
But we hope to get some things that I ordered online delivered the day after we arrive.
Although I am finding they sure do take their time about doing things down south, so I am not counting getting anything too quick.

tracyb555
02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Trish -

Have a great vacation!

Keep some of those protein bars on hand in case you are too busy to cook or grab a decent meal somewhere. Sounds like you won't have any trouble fitting in some good workouts.

Hibiscus09
02-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Trish, your workout experience sounds a lot better than mine was today!

Hope you have a great vacation! You're right about the doing things slower in the south -- if you rush them they'll move even slower for you. Lol

TrishB
02-10-2003, 05:56 PM
LOL...I am finding that out!

I called to get telephone service and she said it will take a few weeks. I said we already have phone lines....don't you just need to flip a switch or something.
And she said ...yes maam, that is why it will take a few weeks. :confused:

I sure hope the electricity is on when I get there....I called for that a month ago.

Hibiscus09
02-10-2003, 05:58 PM
I hope so too!

We had to call 4 times at the beach to get them to finally start doing trash service.

They will keep smiling and saying yes ma'am though. :)

TrishB
02-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Yea...it is kind of hard to get upset when they are so cheerful and polite.

TrishB
02-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Had a good workout today!! Diet is going great...except for the very little piece of pepper and onion pizza I had. :(
I was papertoweling it to death to soak up any bit of oil.

I stopped at GNC a little while ago...to find some more bars....lol.
I want the detour bars, but they were all out. So I left empty handed. Which is totally not like me.
I guess I should finish the 25 or so that I still have at the house.

I love this challenge. I feel like I am so focused and working so hard to meet my goals each week. Of course the first week that I don't succeed...you will see one grumpy lady again. ;)

Hibiscus09
02-11-2003, 05:45 PM
I meant to go look for DeTour Bars today also & forgot! :( I'm glad your challenge is going well. I've been scared to get near the scales because of the 175 carbs I had yesterday & the 150 I've had today -- I feel quite bloated. :)

I've volunteered to chaperone a trip with my son, Brian, Jr. & his class to Epcot Center & SeaWorld from March 3-6. I guess my diet will go to hell in a handbasket then! I don't know if I should just stash a bunch of bars or just take 3 days off & start up again when I get back. I'm sure it will drive me nuts when the time gets here. The last trip I went on with these kids had me jumping out of trees 65 feet in the air with a harness on my back & flying down a zip line from tree house to tree house! My knees were shaking! Now, Brian's talking about Kracken (a rollercoaster) and Atlantis (a very steep water ride) -- I'm thinking no way buster! :)

tracyb555
02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi Trish (aka MsProteinBarObsessed)!

Was thinking of you when I stopped by the grocery store today and picked up a variety of protein bars to try. Guess you really ARE a bad influence (LOL!!!). I will be posting my "taste test results" to your protein bar thread as I finish them.

TrishB
02-11-2003, 06:35 PM
LMAO!! :D
I hope yours taste better than mine have so far.

TrishB
02-12-2003, 05:06 PM
I had a great workout this morning. I did the uphill walk on the treadmill. While everyone was running all around me on 0 incline, I was probably getting just as good a workout.

And at work, I was suppose to sit on my butt all day today just doing paperwork, but wound up taking care of patients all day. So that kept me on my feet and moving for 8 hours. It felt like I was getting paid for getting more calories burnt. :)

I got my digital camera and now just need to practice with it.
I will get the "3 weeks completed and 12 more to go" pics up on Friday.

Hibiscus09
02-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Glad you had a good one! Next time I take pix it will definitely be after a couple of low carb days! :)

TrishB
02-12-2003, 06:44 PM
LOL....after reading your thread, I was thinking of cutting way back on carbs tomorrow and right up till I take the pics on Friday.

If I cut the carbs and really suck in the belly and get the lighting just so and turn my body to just the right angle....the pics might look ok. :)

Hibiscus09
02-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Ha,ha. I'm not taking any until the end and only if I get the desired results.

tracyb555
02-12-2003, 07:32 PM
LOL....after reading your thread, I was thinking of cutting way back on carbs tomorrow and right up till I take the pics on Friday.

If I cut the carbs and really suck in the belly and get the lighting just so and turn my body to just the right angle....the pics might look ok. :)

Once you do this, I will copy your picture and put my face on it for my own progress pics!

Hibiscus09
02-12-2003, 08:05 PM
I was just upstairs reading & I don't know why this came to mind but I wanted to ask you if you've ever heard of Isopure Protein Drinks? I used to get them at my old gym & I liked them a lot. They are not a shake at all but are a clear liquid (well they have some color that goes with the flavors like grape, etc.) that looks something like watered down Kool-Aid. In fact they kind of tasted like that -- like Kool-Aid made too weak or some in which ice has melted. I greatly preferred them over shake like drinks. You might want to check those out. :) I drank Isopure Sport which was just 80 calories & 15 grams of protein but there were other kinds with more calories & protein & stuff like glutamine, etc. You might want to do a search on those. :)

TrishB
02-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks Hib....I will check that out. I am not sure if those are meal replacements or just protein supps though. I would want the meal type. I don't mind my protein drinks...actually I enjoy those, but they don't give me all the other good stuff my body needs. :)

TrishB
02-13-2003, 09:36 AM
It is going to be snowy and icy in the whole Northeast Sat and Sun. So we are going to be heading south Friday morning instead of the weekend.

The latest stats a day earlier than expected:

Jan 26
Wgt 121lbs
BF 22%
LBM 94.38lbs
Fat 26.62lbs
Waist 27.25"
Hips 35"

Feb 2
Wgt 121
BF 21.4 %
LBM 95.11lbs
Fat 25.89lbs
Waist 27"
Hips 34.5"

Feb 7th
Wgt 120.5
BF 20.4%
LBM 95.92lbs
Fat 24.58
Waist 26.75"
Hips 34.25"

Feb 13th
Wgt 120.5
BF 19.8%
LBM 96.65lbs
Fat 23.85
Waist 26.5"
Hips 34.25"

BF is into the teens again!! That was my goal for the week so I am thrilled.
I won't be posting stats again till I get back in March. No computer at the new house.
I am going to be bringing the tape measure with me, and I better keep getting smaller.
I am loving this!

Goal for March 3rd: BF 18.5%
I am not expecting too drastic a change, since I will be away from my usual routine.

TrishB
02-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Since I am nuts today trying to get ready to leave a day early...no pics till I get back. I still have to figure the camera out.

tracyb555
02-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Way to go Trish! You are doing awesome girl! I'm going to do the tape measure thing for my new challenge as well. I don't remember, but are you using calipers to measure body fat? I've had such widely different results from using different methods that I don't know what to believe.

kendo
02-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Things really are going to plan with bodyfat reduction and lean mass gain coming together nicely. Enjoy yourself while your away!

Hibiscus09
02-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Great job, Trish! I hope you have a wonderful vacation! :)

TrishB
02-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Way to go Trish! You are doing awesome girl! I'm going to do the tape measure thing for my new challenge as well. I don't remember, but are you using calipers to measure body fat? I've had such widely different results from using different methods that I don't know what to believe.

Thanks Tracy...
I am using the BF scale now to measure. The calipers have me at exactly 2%less each time I compare. So I might be less :), but I will stay with the scale since i have used that from the beginning. And it is pretty easy to use too.

TrishB
02-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Thank you!
I think just doing the gradual decrease in calories each week is helping me to maintain the weight. So far, so good!
I hope not to mess this all up on vacation. I already have my meals figured for most of the next week. So I should be ok.

TrishB
02-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Hibiscus...thank you!
Keep it warm for me down there will ya?

MagicMel
02-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Good goin', Trish! :D

Same weight, lower BF%, smaller waist. Totally Excellent!

You deserve a nice vacation! Have fun.

TrishB
02-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks Magic...
I hope the trend continues while I am on vacation! Now that I am seeing progress, I wish I could just stay home so I don't mess with my routine.
I need BB.com to watch over me!
Actually I think they already are. :)

TwoWalks
02-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow you are doing a greeeeeeat job:D hey enjoy the vacation - keep stress to a minimum and get back so I can see the new pictures:)

IPR
02-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Great progress Trish.......that shrinking waist is the real sign of progress....now I want pics, pics, pics :D

And don't think we can't keep an eye on you just because you won't have computer for a couple of weeks ;)

TrishB
02-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks TwoWalks!!

IPR....I don't doubt that a bit! ;)

I promise pics the first week back. That will keep me on the right track while I am gone. :)
I need to get a new bikini while I am down south.
Bikinis are not exactly a hot item around here in February.

TrishB
03-02-2003, 01:04 PM
I am back from NC...I am tired...and I am grumpy as hell.
Driving in the pouring rain forever is not fun.

But I am excited that I am looking better than when I left.
The jeans that were too tight a month ago are getting baggy. :)
I will do a BF and measurement stats in the morning.

I ran every day for a minimum of 3 miles. I worked out at the gym with weight training every other day. The gym there sucks, so I will be doing my own home gym when we move down for good. But it was adequate for the two weeks I was there.

I got the digital camera ready for pics. And will have them posted before the end of the week.

Now I got 2 weeks of reading to catch up on.
I missed you guys!!

Musicguy
03-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Welcome back, Trish!

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Glad to have you back Trish! You were definitely missed. Glad to hear that you did so well while on vacation.

TrishB
03-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks Tracy and Ron...
I really did miss it here alot. I am looking forward to getting the stats tomorrow.

Tracy...I started running too. What a great workout that is. I won't be doing it again till the snow is gone up here, but I will get back into it again down south. The longest I went was 5 miles.....and that was mostly jog/ some run.

Ron...tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill with the incline again. I'll let you know how I do!
Are you still working out that way?

I think doing a cardio every day for 2 weeks, instead of just a few times a week has really jumpstarted this body again.
I am feeling slim and trim. :)

Belle
03-02-2003, 02:56 PM
WB...

When I went on hols in January, the gym's (notice gyms not gym) sucked too. I tried two different gyms hoping to find one would be good but they didn't even have the same equipement and I just could not get into my workouts the same. Being holiday resort, I was a little miffed that they were not even members of ADFIT which is basically my set up where using gyms is concerned. They have (supposedly) many gyms scattered throughout the country and you just pay $10 per week to be a member and can use them as often as you like and get passes to use other gyms when your out of town. However, where I went for my hol's, none of the gyms were members of ADFIT, so I had to pay for casual sessions ($10 each) plus the normal $10 I would pay for ADFIT membership anyway. $30 that week and only two sessions at the gym when normally I would have x6 for $10 ...and the workouts sucked too... :)

So needless to say, it was good to get home and hit my local gym.

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Welcome Back, Trish! :)

TrishB
03-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I am so spoiled with the gym in my town.

The gym in North Carolina is in my develpment, so it is free. It has one of those universal, one size fits, all weight machines;
4 dumbells... 8lbs and 10 lbs.; one stationary bike that rocked;
a health rider ?...almost fell off that silly thing; and a treadmill that only went up to 3.5mph. :(

I had brought my weights down and kept them at my house there, so I was able to use them. But I will need more equipment to get a home gym set up. Got a room for it...just need to get the fun stuff.

I just hope I can keep focused in a home gym. I am very easily distracted. :D

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 04:12 PM
I love my gym! It has lots of dumbbells, benches, hammer type machines, etc. in the free-weight room, then other machines near the cardio section which I use occassionally. Also has an ab/stretching section with medicine balls, swiss balls, rollers, etc. to add variety to my ab workouts. They also have a regular pool, a warm water therapy pool, hot tub, sauna & steam rooms.

At home, I have a bench, a variety of dumbells, a machine with some cables (upper & lower) and a fantastic stretch trainer.

Mostly, I go out to the gym for my Back/Biceps & Legs days. I pretty much have everything I need at home for my chest/shoulders/triceps days. In bad weather, I'll either use the cardio equipment at the gym or attend one of their many classes.

Musicguy
03-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Ron...tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill with the incline again. I'll let you know how I do!
Are you still working out that way?

Hi Trish,

Alas, no. I will not be doing any kind of walking, jogging, or running for awhile. On Wednesday evening last week I visited the men's room in a local restaurant, and a kid probably about 6 or 7 years old started swinging on a heavy stall door. Before I could tell him to quit, the door broke off, and when it fell, the top edge landed right behind the nail of my left big toe.

Well, as I said, the door was quite heavy so now my toe is BROKEN, and I have to wear a "post-op" shoe for 3 weeks. The doc said I could try an exercise bike, which I've never done, so I guess I'll be experimenting with different types of cardio. As you can imagine, I'm pretty hot about it, especially in light of the fact that I was just finished with a "bulking" phase and in the process of getting my walking/jogging/running mileage back up to 4-6 miles per day!

But, YOU keep training on the treadmill, and I'll catch up to you in a few weeks!

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Ron, sorry about your toe! That would drive me nuts if it happened to me -- I hope you get better soon! Man, I bet that hurt!!!!

Musicguy
03-02-2003, 05:18 PM
You've got that right on the being driven nuts, Hibiscus.

I've not gone this long without an "exercise" walk since 1998!

I think I'll try the stationary bike tomorrow, just to see how it feels.

TrishB
03-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Ron....Oh, I am so sorry about your toe!!
I like doing a HIIT on the stationary bike. I do 30 second intervals and it keeps it interesting and tough.
I won't try to outdo you too much on the incline. I will go slow so you can catch up to me when you are ready! :)

TwoWalks
03-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I am back from NC...

The jeans that were too tight a month ago are getting baggy. :)

I got the digital camera ready for pics. And will have them posted before the end of the week.

Now I got 2 weeks of reading to catch up on.
I missed you guys!!

Oh Trish - It is oh so good to see you have returned safe and better than when you left. Welcome Back:D I was really getting worried that you would not return before Hibiscus left, I never should be allowed on my own.:D

Looking Fooooorwaaaaaaard to the pics:D

Charger
03-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TwoWalks
Looking Fooooorwaaaaaaard to the pics:D

Ditto:D

TrishB
03-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Pics on Thursday....my day off, so I can figure out the camera.
Getting my nails done that morning too....not that any of you care what my nails look like. But at least they will look good in case you notice my hands.

Eye2_Man
03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah! Lets see some more pictures!

TwoWalks
03-02-2003, 08:23 PM
But at least they will look good in case you notice my hands.

Well now lets see: First picture I seen of Trish - deep red finger nail polish - gold bracelet or watch band on right wrist - blue denim levi, top button undone - diamond ear rings not studs, brown eyes ...... Nope probably won't notice:D

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Trish -

You know how catty we women can be. Get those nails done. But I don't think any of the guys will notice, unless they are painted CFM red!

Belle
03-02-2003, 10:48 PM
They would notice mine ok and espcially if I did them like my toenails...

@ christmas I painted them xmas tree green with multi color (red, gold and silver) "glitter" polish over the top. Sometimes I paint them like a paua shell effect (different colours of purple and blue) and at other times they can be shocking pink with matching glitter on top or gold with gold glitter on top of that and some nail tattoe's thrown in just for good measure. They get noticed everywhere I go. I'll take some pics and post them at some point. We should have a finger/toe nail thread comp! LOL!!! Whose are the loudest finger/toe nails..hehe.

Hibiscus09
03-03-2003, 05:33 AM
I'll lose. LOL The most I've ever done is French Nails with a rhinestone just on the pinky fingers for Christmas. The nails are usually French Nails & the toes a color I think will match all of my clothes, i.e., something neutral. Exciting, huh?

tracyb555
03-03-2003, 12:03 PM
I could really use a manicure after all of this moving. My nails look like heck! I usually go pretty neutral, unless they are really long and looking their best.

Toenails? Don't even go there. Running really makes them ugly. During the marathon, I lost 3 of them. Before they fell off, they were blackish purple. I found a nail polish color that was similar and just painted them all that color.

TrishB
03-03-2003, 05:47 PM

Toenails? Don't even go there. Running really makes them ugly. During the marathon, I lost 3 of them. Before they fell off, they were blackish purple. I found a nail polish color that was similar and just painted them all that color.

:D LMAO.....now that was a pretty sight for sure!!

TrishB
03-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by TwoWalks
Well now lets see: First picture I seen of Trish - deep red finger nail polish - gold bracelet or watch band on right wrist - blue denim levi, top button undone - diamond ear rings not studs, brown eyes ...... Nope probably won't notice:D

OK...I am impressed!
And the eyes are green. :)

TrishB
03-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Belle
They would notice mine ok and espcially if I did them like my toenails...

@ christmas I painted them xmas tree green with multi color (red, gold and silver) "glitter" polish over the top. Sometimes I paint them like a paua shell effect (different colours of purple and blue) and at other times they can be shocking pink with matching glitter on top or gold with gold glitter on top of that and some nail tattoe's thrown in just for good measure. They get noticed everywhere I go. I'll take some pics and post them at some point. We should have a finger/toe nail thread comp! LOL!!! Whose are the loudest finger/toe nails..hehe.

:D
Belle...I never go too crazy with the colors. I need to be a little conservative at work.
So far I think you would win the loudest fingernail contest. Of course tracy's black and blue nails might be a close finish.

TrishB
03-03-2003, 06:01 PM
OK...here are the results of 5 weeks. :)

Jan 26
Wgt 121lbs
BF 22%
LBM 94.38lbs
Fat 26.62lbs
Waist 27.25"
Hips 35"

March 3
Wgt 120.5lbs
BF 17.5%
LBM 99.41lbs
Fat 21.09lbs
Waist 26.25"
Hips 33.5"

Weight down 0.5lbs
BF down 4.50%
gained 5.03lb of muscle
waist down 1"
hips down 1.5"

Goal for this week. To be down to the 16% range, while maintaining the weight.
Diet and workouts have been awesome!!

Belle
03-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Looks like your making progress.

Tracy's toenail painting technique sounds a little more longer lasting than mine. (Youch at toe nails dropping off and also at boy pushing door over on Ron's toe...not very nice at all.)

I pay more attention to my toe nails because the polish lasts longer on them (not in the water as much or getting as much wear and tear) and if I paint my finger nails, they only last a day, so I hardly bother unless it is some special occasion.

TwoWalks
03-04-2003, 09:03 AM
OK...I am impressed!
And the eyes are green. :)

Now I am impressed, have a weak spot for Green Eyes, there was this beautiful blonde girl in the seventh grade ... oh well thats another story. :D

MagicMel
03-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Wow, down 4.5%BF in 4 weeks!
That's excellent progress, Trish.
Way to go! :D

TwoWalks
03-04-2003, 10:39 AM

Weight down 0.5lbs
BF down 4.50%
gained 5.03lb of muscle
waist down 1"
hips down 1.5"

Goal for this week. To be down to the 16% range, while maintaining the weight.
Diet and workouts have been awesome!!

Trish, those are some really impressive results - bet your really happy you began challenge 2 when you did :)

You will be giving Monica Brant a run for her money by the end of 12 weeks :D

TrishB
03-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks Mel and TwoWalks.

I feel really good. I am surprised that I am maintaining the weight, which is what I want to do. But I love having the clothes getting looser and looser.

The past two days at work I was going nuts because I was just sitting doing paperwork.
And I wanted to be up moving around. Even at work, I think of how much more fat I can burn off if I am walking about, rather than getting the butt spread.
Maybe I should do paperwork standing up all day. I wonder how many more calories that would burn off?

tracyb555
03-04-2003, 05:46 PM
I agree! My stints off from working have resulted in my best ever workouts.

TrishB
03-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Maybe I will retire. I'll be broke, but I will have an awesome body.

tracyb555
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM

LOL! Still trying to use this argument with DH, letting him know he can be my sugar daddy!

TwoWalks
03-04-2003, 06:32 PM

Well Trish, from a old dudes perspective:

You might as well keep working, you already have an awesome body :D

little lats
03-05-2003, 09:19 AM

;)

Original Poster
03-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Latts = CTG Jr.

LOL

TrishB
03-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Latts = CTG Jr.

LOL

We need someone here to take over CTG's role. :)

TrishB
03-06-2003, 05:03 PM
I finally figured out my digital camera, but only got a couple of pictures taken before the batteries died. :(

Now I have them in my pictures section on the computer, but I can't get them resized to put here.

Advice please???

MagicMel
03-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Didn't the camera come with some software that you can modify pictures with?
Just upload 1 picture anyway and see what size it comes out to be on the site. It might be fine.

Hibiscus09
03-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi Trish,

Just checking in -- got in today from Florida. I'm getting ready to drink wine because that was something else chaperoning those 7th graders!!!

You're stats look great -- you're really making terrific progress! :)

I have green eyes also but I'm afraid my butt's a lot bigger than yours. LOL

TrishB
03-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by MagicMel
Didn't the camera come with some software that you can modify pictures with?
Just upload 1 picture anyway and see what size it comes out to be on the site. It might be fine.

Mel...I tried to do one pic already. But it is too big and it won't come out here. I can email them since I can resize with emails, but I can't seem to resize to put the pic here.
I am not sure how to make it smaller. I deleted the ones in the camera since I have them uploaded onto the computer now.

Belle
03-06-2003, 06:37 PM
What happens when you double click on the jpg or bmp or gif? Does it open up to show the pic? If it does then there is obviously a program installed on your machine, but whether it resizes pics is another matter. Most do, you just have to play around with them. I remember when I got mine I had a headache installing software and then having to learn how to upload and resize them. It takes time but once you have it downpat, you'll be fine.

TrishB
03-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks Belle. Yes, everything is fine as far as getting the file here...but it is just too big too transfer.
Funny that it looks fine on the computer when I see it. I emailed it to send it to myself as a download and it was giant size.
But let me continue to play with it and see what I can do

Hibiscus09
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Do you have Microsoft Photo Editor?

IPR
03-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Trish......great progress, love those new stats.

Now I wants pics :D

Original Poster
03-07-2003, 05:59 AM
We need someone here to take over CTG's role. :)

I'll say.

CTG barely comes up for air lately ;)

Trish, BTW great progress. Keep it up. :D

PEACE

TrishB
03-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Do you have Microsoft Photo Editor?

This computer is new. I just check thru the CDs that came with it and I have Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002. Is that the same?
I will add it to the computer and then try to see what happens with the pic.

Boy...all this trouble for one silly picture.

TrishB
03-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by IPR
Trish......great progress, love those new stats.

Now I wants pics :D

Thanks IPR....the pics in the computer. Just need to get them from there to here. I hate computers.

TrishB
03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I'll say.

CTG barely comes up for air lately ;)

Trish, BTW great progress. Keep it up. :D

PEACE

Thanks Chi. I don't think CTG cares about coming up for air much anymore. :)

tracyb555
03-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Any luck with the pics? If not, just post a picture of Monica Brant and tell the guys it is you :)

TrishB
03-07-2003, 10:11 PM
ok...not sure how clear this will be since I have been around the world and back with it.

Musicguy
03-07-2003, 10:46 PM
way to go Trish!

You got the pic to work, and besides that you're looking great!

Feels good, doesn't it?

Nice swimsuit, too.

Belle
03-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Your making great progress Trish. Cool, you managed to get it sorted out. Great one!

Like that bikini too. The color is neat.

TrishB
03-08-2003, 06:33 AM
trying for a bicep shot here...not too good at flexing though.

TrishB
03-08-2003, 06:37 AM
Music guy and Belle....
Thanks for the comments. I still need to work on getting the pics clearer and smaller to put here.

Phatman1179
03-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Trish, Looking Great!

TrishB
03-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Thanks Phatman. :)

tracyb555
03-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Wow Trish! You look great! Keep up the good work.

TrishB
03-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Thanks Tracy...I will save Monica's pic for my last challenge day pic! :)

Charger
03-08-2003, 07:23 AM
I posted in the Ladies section also but just had to make another comment, WOW!
By the way,I was disapointed that we could not see your nails! You thought no one would look:D

Hibiscus09
03-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Looking terrific! That made me want to take pics again. Maybe comparing them to the last ones will make me feel better! I have to tan first though -- LOL!

The pink looks great on you!

Belle
03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
We just had a contest here between Roo and myself and took shots of our biceps...LOL!

Here's mine:

Belle
03-08-2003, 08:48 PM
I just need to lose my batwings and double chin and build on the bicep a bit more and he's history...I'll probably overtake him--he'll look like a blonde "Mr Bean" by the time I've finshed-LOL- that's if he doesn't get a wriggle on and start his challenge soon... ;)

IPR
03-08-2003, 10:24 PM

I posted in the Ladies Pic Post section, but hadn't seen this pic. Beautiful......and a shame the pic not full length ;) btw, the top suits you :)

TrishB
03-09-2003, 06:15 AM
IPR.....no way was I going to post below the waist on that shot...lol. The thong did not cover much. ;)

TwoWalks
03-09-2003, 09:04 AM

Ooh lah lah Oh so Gorgerous :) looking really great.

Phatman1179
03-09-2003, 09:25 AM
IPR.....no way was I going to post below the waist on that shot...lol. The thong did not cover much. ;)

Well in the intrest of pure science and so that you can get an overall better ....Your not buying any of this are ya? Well can't balme a guy for trying!!!!

tracyb555
03-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Actually Charger, you can see her thumbnail in the bicep shot. Quick, what color was it? Just what I thought - you guys were too focused on what the pics would have shown if full-length!

Charger
03-09-2003, 09:51 AM
In my mind it was full length:D Sick, right?
The nails were, ah, ah hot pink, ya thats it.