PDA

View Full Version : Cardio/ab days and post wo shakes

Eye2_Man
01-26-2003, 07:34 AM
On bike and situp days do you guys and gals drink a carb+protein post workout shake? Or should these days be utilized exclusively for burning off fat?

GLAlexander
01-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Eye2 man

I read a lot on that particular subject and have decided for myself to only take 5 g of glutamine with water or just plain water after my workout. About an hour later I will take a MRP shake like Myoplex. From my research giving yourself some carbs after your cardio workout will cause your body to burn those instead of fat. I am not an expert in the field but have read this idea from more than one person who specializes in exercise physiology.

Phatman1179
01-26-2003, 09:25 AM
http://www.virtualmuscle.com/index.htm

Great artical on this subject

edster951
01-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GLAlexander
About an hour later .......
Agreed.

I wait anywhere between 30-60 mins before having breaky after cardio.

sit in the suana (10 mins), have a shower (10 mins), drive home (10mins), make breaky (10 mins)....see 40 mins gone already without watching the clock

On weight days the protein shake is mixed and creatine in a seperate tub and added prior to drinking 3/4 through my workout.

MagicMel
01-27-2003, 10:22 PM
edster,
You mentioned in another thread, that you took your post w/o shake before the end of your workout. Well I tried that a couple of workouts ago. And I will be taking it that way from now on. I add about 40g of dextrose to my protein, so it gives me that extra boost of energy that I need to to finish up my routine. Heck, I even added more weight to those exercises!
Thank you for the great tip.

little lats
01-28-2003, 08:26 AM
I would have to agree with edster and take the shake. You still need to fuel your muscles and your body.. Fit told me on Keto to do 15/15 after cardio...