PDA

View Full Version : loosing weight???

tazman
01-25-2003, 01:07 PM
lost 2.5lbs last week and 1.5lbs the week before, this would normally be good, but i'm bulking up right now. keeping cla's up though. the only thing i changed on my routine was to add 1 more set of each exercise. now i do 2 work sets per exercise, which would bring it from 4 to 8 work sets for chest as an example. the only other change was my doctor called and said one of my liver emzymes was up after 2 reading and i have to go back mid feb. for more blood work, as i have a tentancy to worry was just wondering if this could be a factor.

MiloMan
01-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by tazman
lost 2.5lbs last week and 1.5lbs the week before, this would normally be good, but i'm bulking up right now. keeping cla's up though. the only thing i changed on my routine was to add 1 more set of each exercise. now i do 2 work sets per exercise, which would bring it from 4 to 8 work sets for chest as an example. the only other change was my doctor called and said one of my liver emzymes was up after 2 reading and i have to go back mid feb. for more blood work, as i have a tentancy to worry was just wondering if this could be a factor.
Are you taking any supplements (this also includes steroids)?

Are you taking in fewer calories than you were before?

How many calories per day, and how much do you weigh right now?

What does your whole routine look like? (days, exercises, sets, reps)

tazman
01-27-2003, 10:42 AM
right now the only supp's are protein powders, glutamine and vitamins,flax oil.
calories are around 2200per day more if i throw in a cheat meal, weight right now is 164, ectomorph type.
train 4 days per week.
day one chest, biceps
db bench 3 warm ups 2 work sets
incline db 1 wu, 2 work sets
dips 1 wu, 2 work sets
flys 1wu, 2 work sets
bb curls 1wu,2work sets
seated db 1wu,2 work sets
db hammer 2 work sets
day 2 legs
squats 3wu, 2 work sets
hack squats 1 wu, 2 work sets
leg curls 1wu, 2 wor sets
sldb 1 wu, s work sets
4 sets calves
day 3 delts,triceps
pbn 3wu,2work sets
side lateral 1wu,2 work sets
bent over rows 2 work sets
day 4 back,traps
chins 2wu, 2 work sets
bb rows 2wu,2work sets
rev. grip low pulley rows 1wu,2work sets
deadlift 2 wu, 2 work sets
bb or db srugs 1wu, 2 work sets
work out day are sat,sun,tuesday,thursday
all work sets are to positive failure in the 5-8 rep range.
do light cario on bike on non traing days 3 days a week, mainly for my knees.
thanks

back2it
01-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Your calories are low you should be getting around 20 calories per lb per day when bulking and living a fairly active lifestyle . I am eating that much right now and in the past 2 weeks I have gained a solid 4 pounds .

IPR
01-27-2003, 06:10 PM
You are only eating 13 times total body weight........ I'm cutting at 14 times :eek:

If you had trouble losing fat befopre it was probably that your cals were too low, now having upped them to a more normal cutting level your body is responding my cutting fat as it now beleives it isn't starving.

As an ecto I would expect your maintenance level to be pretty high, at least 16 times body weight. So, bulking at 18 would be your level, maybe even more depending on where your maintenance level is.

On the liver enzymes, snakeman had a similar problem. Have a search for his ALA thread in the supp section, its a long thread but in there is a fair bit on his liver problems and advice.

tazman
01-28-2003, 03:37 PM
thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.