PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Breast with and without skin

mpawlicki
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Sorry for a stupid question, but I must ask.

In my store boneless chicken breast with skin is half the price of skinless. If I remove the skin myself, am I left with the same damn thing, or is there something more to it?

MiketheSwede
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah, pretty mych!
Every step from whole chicken down to boneless skinless chicken breasts takes time and costs money for the manufacturer, hence the price will go up. The more of it you do yourself the more you save. If you save half by buying with skin, go for it! Skin comes of pretty quick, just rip it of!

I used to buy chicken in bulk form a local butcher. The pieces were basicly the back and ribs (the "body", minus legs and wings) of the chicken with the only meat being the breast. I'd de-bone and skin it myself. I paid CAN$ 2.99/lbs for a case of about 40-45 lbs.

corple
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
yeah i just go ahead and buy the bone with skin, it tastes good boiled cause the bone juices come out in the stock mmm and yeah its so much cheaper. i get the bonless/skinned when they rarely drop down too about 1.99 a lb. found em 1.65 a lb the other day..bought the rest that was there. dont you hate those people=(

mpawlicki
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Sweet, that's what I thought. Anybody wanna buy a few pounds of chicken skin??? :)

Goofxta
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
words
wordsThese men speak the truth!!!

MiketheSwede
10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
These men speak the truth!!!
Cheers!

LR3
10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
In my store boneless chicken breast with skin is half the price of skinless. If I remove the skin myself, am I left with the same damn thing, or is there something more to it?

yea, definately the same thing. are you sure the one with skin doesn't also have bones? that is a big price difference...