PDA

View Full Version : in need of some ideas for camping food.

saku
09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Im doing a tracking course over the weekend and i need some ideas for what to bring food wise. I like to have a minimum of 6 meals per day but i dont know how long our breaks will be for me to make my meals. if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

thanks

bignpisst
09-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Steak keeps well and cooks quick

MainFrameSolja
09-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Jerky
Cliff Bars
Trail Mix
Fried Fruit
^ For Quick food with no prep

saku
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
nice ideas guys, thanks.

keep em coming.

bignpisst
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
You could pack some precooked food maybe

mpawlicki
09-27-2006, 12:15 PM
canned fish, tuna, and meat.

smallasian721
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Nuts...
Beef Jerky...
Protein Bars...
Or if your really hardcore, bring little bags of whey in tiny little baggies, to mix in your water bottles/ canteen.
For cooking, I'd reccomend steak, and sweet potatoes. Just dice up the sweet potatoes and steak, put in some onions, and some salt and peppers, and possibly a condiment of your choice. Then roll it all up into a ball of tinfoil, and throw over hot coals for some time.

Take out of coals, unwrap, and dig in.

ElderJefferson
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Im doing a tracking course over the weekend and i need some ideas for what to bring food wise. I like to have a minimum of 6 meals per day but i dont know how long our breaks will be for me to make my meals. if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

thanks

We always pack sandwiches, nuts, fruit bars, and chips on our camping trips. I don't like doing the cooler w/meat thing too much (raccoons and bears), so we keep it simple.

xKarmaPolicex
09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
You could try making some protein pancakes and bringing them along. I've eaten them like bread and they're pretty awesome plain. I'm not sure how well they would keep over a few days though. Anyways, if you'd like to try them, here's the recipe I use.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/recipes/1

Don't pay attention to the calorie listings on the site though it's completely wrong. 1 cup of oats has 300 calories and it says the whole recipe has only 290. And if you don't want to do them for camping I still highly recommend trying them.

saku
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
awsome guys, thanks for the replys. I really apperciate it.

iv got my grocery list made up now.