PDA

View Full Version : Liver Tabs Dissolve Rate...

lfl
01-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Well, I had to post this test I conducted yesterday. I received my Uni-Liver Tabs and wanted to see the time it took for one tablet to dissolve in one hour. My wife recommended using vinegar, a relatively mild acid as compared to stomach acid. Using two seperate jars, I cut one tab in half and left one whole. After one hour, approximately 1/4 to 1/8 of a tablet was left in both jars.

My wife was a judge at a regional science fair two years past. She has her degree in Biology/Environmental Science. A seventh grader did an experiment using the binding agent stearic acid and found that when added, stearic acid prevented complete tablet breakdown. Most companies use this ingredient to maintain tablet form. Remember, vinegar is a much milder acid than what our stomach produces so I'm guessing more of the tablet has a chance to break down in our systems.

Oh, the things we learn on the forums...

Eye2_Man
01-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks for doing test.

What do your results tell us in terms of this being a good thing or a bad thing?

I ordered some Uni-Liver earlier this week for the first time too and am curious (especially trying something for the first time). Two tabs before each meal seems a little excessive for a first-timer.

little lats
01-23-2003, 09:20 AM
It's called "to much time on my hands"!!! lol That is what you call slow digesting protein! But I still like them for the obvious reasons.

little lats
01-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Eye2_Man
Thanks for doing test.

What do your results tell us in terms of this being a good thing or a bad thing?

I ordered some Uni-Liver earlier this week for the first time too and am curious (especially trying something for the first time). Two tabs before each meal seems a little excessive for a first-timer.

I would take up to four, four to five times a day. 2 a meal is okay. But it make take you a while to get use to the gas smell!! It is a cheap nutrition. I think the good point of this, is just because it is on the bottle doesn't mean your body gets the total value.

lfl
01-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Someone from the "Over 35" crowd posted concern of the Uni-Liver Tabs dissolving completely without being excreted as a waste product in fecal matter. Since I had only access to a "milder" acid than what our bodies produce, it's just an approximate value of what our bodies use as a digestion rate.

I have started taking the Uni-Liver Tabs last week. I immediately went with 4 tabs with my three major meals, (Morning, Noon, Evening). I do not think that using 4 tabs per meal is taxing your system, i.e. Liver, Kidney's etc. However, you must determine what you think your system can handle. If any doubts enter your mind, go and have some routine bloodwork done at your doctor's and ask for Liver and Kidney results, along with a total count of all systems.

If these tablets contained compounds such as Andro, Testerone, etc. or any other harmful properties I would not use them.

And yes... too much time on hands.

John