PDA

View Full Version : sugar free jello???????

wildman536
01-22-2003, 09:19 PM
At 10 cals per serv/4 servs a box this stuff is great!!!!!!!!

How many of yall eat it???

is there any negative things about it???????

microspawn
01-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Jell-o is a great snack when you just have to hve something sweet. Negatives? Do you know what it is made of?

wildman536
01-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I threw the box away bro.... But i know theres 4 servs at 10 cals a serv and 1 prot per serv (not beneficial to bodybuilding) But other than that it has to contain some art. sweetners......

Uone
01-23-2003, 12:33 AM
It's great every once in a while, but too often and it starts to taste like medicine. Never tried the sugar-free pudding, how does that taste? BTW, I've noticed that you reside in Honolulu wildman. I live there too. Where do you lift at if you don't mind my asking?

wildman536
01-23-2003, 06:37 AM
bump on the medicine thing......... I lift at Pearl Harbor (Bloch Arena) Sometimes at the 24 Hr Fitness across from the Pearl Ridge Mall.

You?????????

LordNeon
01-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by wildman536
At 10 cals per serv/4 servs a box this stuff is great!!!!!!!!

How many of yall eat it???

is there any negative things about it???????

I blend chocolate sugar free Jello pudding with peanut butter and cottage cheese. Mmm ... peanut butter cup shake.

wildman536
01-23-2003, 01:11 PM
that sounds good.... I think were talking about different types though.... I get the (jiggly ) Not the pudding... Never tried the pudding ....

bachovas
01-23-2003, 04:59 PM
how much is too much? I'm having 2 packages of sugar-free jello everyday. It's about 40 calories for both.

wildman536
01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im eating the heck out of it too bro....

IT kills the cravings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timbo
01-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Hold on a freakin second, Wild One. Maybe I missed something drastic in the last, oh, 24 hours or so, but last I knew we were discussing at how you were finding yourself at a weight GAIN plateau. Not only are you freaking out about 10 measely calories from Jell-O, but you're telling me you've got cravings? Bro, I don't know what to tell you.

microspawn
01-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Gelatin is made of hydrolyzed collagen, which is a polite way of saying 'partially decomposed protein extracted from cow and pig hides, hooves, bones, and connective tissue'.

It is a good snack though.

Uone
01-23-2003, 11:10 PM
wildman, I lift at Spa Fitness. Not exactly the best gym around town, but I've got a few more months left on my contract...

wildman536
01-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Timbo
Hold on a freakin second, Wild One. Maybe I missed something drastic in the last, oh, 24 hours or so, but last I knew we were discussing at how you were finding yourself at a weight GAIN plateau. Not only are you freaking out about 10 measely calories from Jell-O, but you're telling me you've got cravings? Bro, I don't know what to tell you.

No bro,,,, I dont think you understood what i said It helps the cravings between meals bro..... dude if i could id eat 24/7 and be as fat as a house... thats the reason i eat the low cal jello. But i do want to bulk the heck up man!!!!!!!!! So dont give up bro..

Timbo
01-24-2003, 04:05 AM
Wild Man...I like you, bro. You're hella solid and you're giving it up. I just like to give you a hard time. Hell, I don't know if you listen or even give a rat's ass to what I say, but it SEEMS like you care. I'm just bustin' your chops though about this one, Wild. So don't sweat it. Eat your Jell-O.

As far as going off on the Jell-O ingredients. Hmmm...on the package label, we're looking at about 1g or less of protein. So, don't go all nutzo, saying don't go all crazy about the horse hooves. Eating a protein bar with the same ingredients, on the other hand, might be something to be concerned about.

wildman536
01-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Wild Man...I like you, bro. You're hella solid and you're giving it up. I just like to give you a hard time. Hell, I don't know if you listen or even give a rat's ass to what I say, but it SEEMS like you care. I'm just bustin' your chops though about this one, Wild. So don't sweat it. Eat your Jell-O.

Thats a good thing that you are hard on me bro!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help.. Please keep on..

Timbo
01-24-2003, 10:51 AM
I shall, my friend, I shall. I'm just glad you don't run away like a little girly-man, crying about my verbal abuse:-) I'll hound you till you get it right, bro. So, did you get your flax and/or salmon yet? If not, I'm going to see you in Hawaii. How about those Met-rx shakes, have you replaced those meals with whole foods? I really like to stress a diet based on whole foods, I think you--or anyone--will benefit greatly. We'll get this sorted out, bro. Keep up the hella hard work!

tygersol
01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by microspawn
Gelatin is made of hydrolyzed collagen, which is a polite way of saying 'partially decomposed protein extracted from cow and pig hides, hooves, bones, and connective tissue'.

It is a good snack though.

mmm ya i know creeps into the back of my head sometimes but oh well. Waste not want not.

wildman536
01-24-2003, 01:53 PM
I shall, my friend, I shall. I'm just glad you don't run away like a little girly-man, crying about my verbal abuse:-) I'll hound you till you get it right, bro. So, did you get your flax and/or salmon yet? If not, I'm going to see you in Hawaii. How about those Met-rx shakes, have you replaced those meals with whole foods? I really like to stress a diet based on whole foods, I think you--or anyone--will benefit greatly. We'll get this sorted out, bro. Keep up the hella hard work!

Hound away bro!!!!!!!!!!!! I go the flax just not the salmon im going to the store today though.... Whats the serv size and Cal fat carb prot breakdown???

wildman536
01-24-2003, 01:54 PM
bro just to clairfy i weigh my meat before i cook it right????

bigfina
01-24-2003, 05:29 PM
yea weigh before you cook.

wildman536
01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by bigfina
yea weigh before you cook.

Thanks bro.

Timbo
01-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Wild One...you can weigh your meat before or after cooking. I tend to do it afterwards, due to the fact that do the majority of my cooking in advance. As far as salmon, here you go:

Atlantic Salmon (raw), per 100g: 142cals, 19.8pro, 5.6fat

There are different varieties of salmon, so if you picked up something different, let me know. I'm proud of you now, boy...flax AND salmon. Beautiful.

wildman536
01-24-2003, 09:04 PM
tonite i just did the canned salmon bro... Ill get the fresh stuff this weekend. I was thinking about putting the flax in with the peanut butter and my Met-Rx APM 60 before bed bro. Hows that sound?

By the way ill get that salmon and let you know what others i look at too.

So theres no difference between weighing it before or after cooking?

bigfina
01-24-2003, 09:15 PM
after cooking it will weigh less than raw.

bachovas
01-24-2003, 09:16 PM
There is a BIG difference. Check this, there's everything you need.
www.calorieking.com

wildman536
01-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by bachovas
There is a BIG difference. Check this, there's everything you need.
www.calorieking.com

thanks bro!