PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bulks

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Kay :) I have a few questions about my bulk and im very serious about doing this right so i just want to get a few opinions on a few things.

When bulking is it better to eat "too much" then maybe "too litte" ???
Because I have been trying to bulk but always at night time I find myself so hungry and even though Im eating 2,500 calories per day ... I find myself hungry still and my stomach growling and that CANNOT be good for a bulk.

I think I might have a fast metabolism and that could be why I am hungry at night time because I burn things off so quickly.

When bulking carbs are alright at night. I usually have some peanut butter and cottage cheese but have been thinking bout adding a toasted whole wheat bagel to that ... I really dont want to lose any muscle mass since its kinda hard for me to get in the first place ... And I dont wanna spend so much time and effort building muscle just to lose it by not eating enough food which is the case lately.

Im willing to gain some fat in this process so im perfectly fine with that ... and i guess being a girl in all ... I dont want people to think im being a pig by eating like 4,000 calories but if im active and have a fast metabolism ... maybe thats the only way i can get some real muscle going on.

Another quesiton is it okay to be a little vulnerable with my bulk and by that i mean ... does it all have to be 100% clean. Sure im not gonna eat any fast food or ice cream cause thats crap and that crap wont help me any but i mean ... eating some whole wheat pasta like a plate of it every now in then to get in extra calories ... would that be alright for me??? Or maybe a granola bar like nutri valley if thats all thats around or some butter on whole wheat toast if i have no other option? Even full fat milk or full fat yogurt ... just wondering because I dont consider that stuff junk really ... specially on a bulk those foods r much more calorie dense and could help me get my calorie intake up a bit...

Anyways
Sorry for this post
:)
Thanks

OzStriker
09-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Eat more!

If you eat enough earlier in the day you will not get hungry at night, if you are eating well and feeling starving then no it is not good for a bulk.

At 150lbs 3500 calories is not enough for me, lately I have been very hungry in the afternoons and I am making my breakfast bigger now to fix that up as I also haven't gained any weight this week.

The foods you mention are all clean foods for a bulk, eat away as long as it fits into your daily %s.

XtremeBody510
09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
yea dude hes right eat more in the morning so u are not hungry at night!!

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
okay
thank ya

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 01:53 PM
yea dude hes right eat more in the morning so u are not hungry at night!!

lol thank u
and im a girl
lol

Warmth
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
hi, so you want about 10 lbs. on you ? And not afraid of the BF ? - So it's easy for you to loose fat ? So use that ! That's great and very positive, think about it and feel good and glad every day knowing this.

and ye, eating a BIGASS meal in the morning also kicks of your metabolism...heard 60-100 %

Well, you really have to see for yourself, if you eat 'till you're satisfied and you gain to much fat, then decrease calories in your diet. Everybody on here will post the complete opposites of tips and "how to do this" which all will contradict one another. You have to know your body and your mind to know what works best for you.

Good luck, bulk like the hulk !

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 06:59 PM
hi, so you want about 10 lbs. on you ? And not afraid of the BF ? - So it's easy for you to loose fat ? So use that ! That's great and very positive, think about it and feel good and glad every day knowing this.

and ye, eating a BIGASS meal in the morning also kicks of your metabolism...heard 60-100 %

Well, you really have to see for yourself, if you eat 'till you're satisfied and you gain to much fat, then decrease calories in your diet. Everybody on here will post the complete opposites of tips and "how to do this" which all will contradict one another. You have to know your body and your mind to know what works best for you.

Good luck, bulk like the hulk !

HeHe
Thank u hunx

fish153
09-23-2006, 07:11 PM
See ... if you kept these kinds of questions in your journal thread, you wouldn't have to create multiple duplicate posts all the time, and people would know better how to answer your questions because they would also know the background and what all else is going on. This would lead to more helpful, pertinent-to-you answers.

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 07:27 PM
i know but not many dudes come to my journal so i just want their input too since the majority of the ppl who r bulking r guys right

Warmth
09-23-2006, 07:40 PM
how about a chick on rippetoe's ?? :O

And me gots to say that you look great ! And about that BF advice, f-it, if I were on a prowl for a girl, you plus 2-5 lbs. of fat equals perfect chick ! ;)

- You see, I'm a nerd that can only express himself with formulas.

h@rdc0re
09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
how about a chick on rippetoe's ?? :O

And me gots to say that you look great ! And about that BF advice, f-it, if I were on a prowl for a girl, you plus 2-5 lbs. of fat equals perfect chick ! ;)

- You see, I'm a nerd that can only express himself with formulas.

aw thank u :)

ozigal
09-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Kay :) I have a few questions about my bulk and im very serious about doing this right so i just want to get a few opinions on a few things.

When bulking is it better to eat "too much" then maybe "too litte" ???
Because I have been trying to bulk but always at night time I find myself so hungry and even though Im eating 2,500 calories per day ... I find myself hungry still and my stomach growling and that CANNOT be good for a bulk.

I think I might have a fast metabolism and that could be why I am hungry at night time because I burn things off so quickly.

When bulking carbs are alright at night. I usually have some peanut butter and cottage cheese but have been thinking bout adding a toasted whole wheat bagel to that ... I really dont want to lose any muscle mass since its kinda hard for me to get in the first place ... And I dont wanna spend so much time and effort building muscle just to lose it by not eating enough food which is the case lately.

Im willing to gain some fat in this process so im perfectly fine with that ... and i guess being a girl in all ... I dont want people to think im being a pig by eating like 4,000 calories but if im active and have a fast metabolism ... maybe thats the only way i can get some real muscle going on.

Another quesiton is it okay to be a little vulnerable with my bulk and by that i mean ... does it all have to be 100% clean. Sure im not gonna eat any fast food or ice cream cause thats crap and that crap wont help me any but i mean ... eating some whole wheat pasta like a plate of it every now in then to get in extra calories ... would that be alright for me??? Or maybe a granola bar like nutri valley if thats all thats around or some butter on whole wheat toast if i have no other option? Even full fat milk or full fat yogurt ... just wondering because I dont consider that stuff junk really ... specially on a bulk those foods r much more calorie dense and could help me get my calorie intake up a bit...

Anyways
Sorry for this post
Thanks

i read one of your other posts and you say you do a LOT of cardio...well if you're still doing that much 2500 seems low if you're trying to bulk...you should cut back on some of that cardio as well if you are going to bulk properly.