PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling - Any ideas?

Axe
01-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Well, with all this talk around the house of me starting the BFL Challenge this coming monday, the fever has caught on. My wife is really entheusiastic about doing it too now.

That's really great! (Believe me...having her doing it too would be FANTASTIC!)

The problem is this....I/We would be doing it in our home gym, I work from home and can workout at convenient times, however, she works 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 4 days a week (mon-thurs) in another city, so she get's up at 4:15 a.m. and leaves home at 5:15 a.m. for work. When she get's home, she's obviously tired.

Any ideas on how she would schedule her workouts? Should I keep mine mon-wed-fri like normal or should we workout together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

little lats
01-22-2003, 09:41 AM
she could work out 2 of her days on Friday and Sunday, and then she would only have to do one cardio day and one work out day during her work days. That is better than 4.. You could do the same to keep her motivated. Just flip flop her Mondays as Fridays.

TwoWalks
01-22-2003, 03:30 PM
The best way to create a schedule for your wife, is to let her read the program and decide what fits her mentally and physically the best. Also let her know that with all the talk in the book about 5:30 workouts - that is not a necessity, I do mine at 3: pm and a whole lot of folks do them in the evening.

Hey, if she works in an office, she may really like the feeling after a good workout at night. It sure is a good stress reliever.:)

Axe
01-22-2003, 04:25 PM
great input!

I hear ya TwoWalks, but she's a lowly factory worker...I'm the office guy. So she's pretty beat when she get's home....

I think she's decided to do it immediately when she get's home and then she can just crash.....

I like the idea of switching it around so it's one cardio and one weight day...

Thanks guys!!!!

TwoWalks
01-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Axe, if she finds it is just too much doing the workouts on a workday, there is one other suggestion. I would only make this one on a rare occasion, but it would be good for a starter:

Saturday upper body/Sunday lower body and then cardio on work nights say - mon/wed/fri or tue/thur. I am a believer that doing less is more than not doing any:)