PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all over 35

bb5-0
01-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everybody. Just back from a double surgery (left foot / right elbow). I'm now in a cast for one month and forced to use a wheelchair. Funny how difficult everything becomes when you only can use one leg and one arm.
But everything went perfectly fine, and I'm sure the fact I was in good shape and took my supps regularly helped a lot.
No need to say I can exercice neither the upper nor the lower body for now. I miss my cardio and workouts a lot, but don't complain as this is only momentary.
I've got plenty of time now to read all the threads, and prepare new dieting and training strategies. So as you see the motivation is still strong and as someone said before : I'll be backkkk...

If some of you have been in the same situation, unable to train for some time, and have tips for the post-surgery period , they're welcome ...

Gator
01-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Well BB5, I had my pec worked on after I tore it, and i know what yer dealing with..
Its a mental thing right now and i know u want more than anything to get back in the gym..But nows the time to all those things u never got around to, at least thats what I did..
Spend more time w/family, friends, etc...They will make the time pass by quickly, trust me !!!
It also gives u time to reassess(sp) yer goals as what you want when you do get the green light..
If ya get bored PM me Bro..
Because Ive been there..I was home and I think I was on the computer so much I found the end of the internet..LOL

Good luck !

Gator

Charger
01-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bb5-0
I can exercice neither the upper nor the lower body for now.

Now wait one minute, what about abs???:D
Sorry to hear your layed up but glad to hear everythings OK. Thats one thing in our favor, with age comes patients, there will be another day and you will come back stronger.

wspe
01-21-2003, 06:00 PM
i too have been through what you are doing....
you have a great attitude..... mine wasn't.. i was just mad

keep the positive and know that others are with you!!!!

being weak isnt a crime; staying weak is.....

TrishB
01-21-2003, 08:31 PM
BB5-0.....You poor thing. :(
You have a great attitude and you will be back into the workouts in no time. And with improved body parts too. :)
Take care of yourself!

Macattack
01-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Ah glad everything went well for you bb5, yeah now is your chance to do a lot of research thats what i did after my hernia surgery and came up with a plan and so on, mostly just did lots of reading and studying, thank fully all went well glad you came back....

bb5-0
01-22-2003, 06:37 AM
thanks everybody for the support! The people on this board are just great!

Gator,
I don't get bored at all- in fact time is passing so fast I can't do half of what I've planned (but then I'm much slower too in my position !)

Charger,
you're right! I forgot the abs! Been thinking of using some electrical stimulation device ...don't know if it works but at least it would give me the impression those abs have been working a little...

wspe,
I don't get mad! I was already mad before the surgery ...:-)

TrishB
thank for encouraging a poor little thing...

Mac
hernia surgery eh! ...no, I have rather foot and elbow :-)

bb5-0
01-22-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm seriously thinking of entering a competition...
wheelchair racing competition that is!
I'm rapidly becoming an ace wheelchair driver ...does that count as cardio ?

Hibiscus09
01-22-2003, 07:01 AM
bb5-0,

It will be over before you know it! :) Just keep eating healthy, give your body a good rest & when you're able to attack it again you'll be better than you were before in no time!

kendo
01-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Rest my ass mate :rolleyes:

I'm working out your one arm/ one leg workout wheelchair routine no excuses -

Now get on the floor and give me 20 one arm one leg pushups for being such a wimp!

Pretty soon you'll have a physique like this!

Good luck 5-0 and maybe we will see you around a bit more now!

tracyb555
01-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear about it, but you seem to have a great attitude. Hoping you are able to bounce back soon. Take care!