PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat on a keto diet?

jdm001
01-13-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking about trying it, but don't know too much about it. What types of foods can you eat, and what do you eat the most often.

The more info the better, thanks

JimmyK

Altsun
01-13-2002, 02:17 PM
i would also like to see what a 1-2 week diet would look like on keto. so if someone that's done it could post their meals i'd be in your debt. i've read plenty of materials and whatnot but never actually seen a full 'meal' idea (they just tell me to eat THIS and THIS not how much or how to spread the meals out) also any sup's that would aid or that you need (i've heard multivitamins are a must).

thanks in advance

Dorian
01-13-2002, 07:27 PM
You will see this in the next article on keto diets. I will list fitnesman diet and mine with the ratios.

Altsun
01-14-2002, 04:33 AM
sweet

LOVEMYSELF2015
01-08-2015, 02:32 PM
I'm thinking about trying it, but don't know too much about it. What types of foods can you eat, and what do you eat the most often.

The more info the better, thanks

JimmyK

Stay away from starchy foods like bread, rice, fruit. When I did the Keto diet before I lost a lot of weight i was so proud of myself and now I am starting to do it again...

eat anything green
cabbage.. red or green is fine
green beans
snap peas
lettuce
squash
mushrooms
butter/olive oils
cheese
LOTS of meat
you have to watch packaged lunch meat because they have added carbs for flavor but any other meat has no carbs so you can eat as much as you want!
bacon
hamburger meat
chicken
turkey
Tuna
fish
I would stick with more of the lean meats just because they are healthier but that's just personal preference.
Broth is your best friend when cooking it adds much needed flavor and juices

Deserts
carbless Jello
Land O Lakes whipped cream (carbless)
add some crystal light with some water and make a pop cycle lol get creative

Maverick2015
01-08-2015, 03:11 PM
There is a whole sub-forum on keto. I bet they would be able to give you answers. FWIW, I don't believe all the hype.

kbs_ghostface
01-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Did you seriously just join this forum to bump a 13 year old thread?

Maverick2015
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Did you seriously just join this forum to bump a 13 year old thread?
Crap, the January thing made me miss that before I responded to the bump. I hate when people do that.

Rich1143
01-08-2015, 04:22 PM
You can eat what you want, stay in a deficit and lose. With Keto you will crash big time and have to refeed. I tried it for a few weeks. I was losing weight, but I am losing just as much weight eating a balanced diet on a deficit. Except now I have more energy to lift harder and do cardio harder.

Looton
01-08-2015, 08:30 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 < keto forum

Get a lipid panel first. It raises LDL a ton for a small % of people. LDL-C is the one that counts. Or Apolipoprotein-B

It takes 3-4 weeks to keto adapt if you never cheat. Most never get adapted or stay in. There is no re-feed in SKD. CKD will bump you out and you'll need to keto adapt again. It works amazingly and has other health benefits, such a insulin resistance, blood sugar, seizure cessation. Studies show cancer feeds on carbs and is starved if only ketones available for fuel. etc...