PDA

View Full Version : Tampa?

TampaIronMan
01-19-2003, 08:15 PM
TAMPA! Sorry, I just had say that. I lived in Chicago through all the Bulls Championships, even managing to attend game 2 of the Lakers series 10 years ago. But this is MUCH bigger.

So who wins, Tampa or Oakland? Me, I think you know my views!

rjmacbay
01-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by TampaIronMan
TAMPA! Sorry, I just had say that. I lived in Chicago through all the Bulls Championships, even managing to attend game 2 of the Lakers series 10 years ago. But this is MUCH bigger.

So who wins, Tampa or Oakland? Me, I think you know my views!

Well Tampa I hate to say it first but I believe that the Raiders will prevail......But with that said, Gruden knows there system better than anyone does.....I am glad for the match up in SB it should be a great game.......

THECHAMP#2
01-20-2003, 01:14 AM
RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator
01-20-2003, 05:14 AM
My heart is w/the Bucs, but my wallet is w/Oakland !!!!!

Gator

giantfan43
01-20-2003, 07:00 AM
Tampa is my favorite team ... mainly because they beat the eagles who I have to hate as a giant fan .. but even though I'll be rooting big time for the bucs, I don't think they can stop the raiders .. speaking of the raiders, most of the guys on that team would fit right in on this "over 35" forum .. I'm sure Jerry rice and Bill romanowski could teach us all a few things .. or maybe vice a versa (LOL)

Hibiscus09
01-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Lol, Gator! I'm betting you're more attached to your wallet than your heart! :)

I'm going with Tampa!

Macattack
01-20-2003, 08:15 AM
RAIDER MANIA.......;)

TampaIronMan
01-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by giantfan43
Tampa is my favorite team ... mainly because they beat the eagles who I have to hate as a giant fan .. but even though I'll be rooting big time for the bucs, I don't think they can stop the raiders .. speaking of the raiders, most of the guys on that team would fit right in on this "over 35" forum .. I'm sure Jerry rice and Bill romanowski could teach us all a few things .. or maybe vice a versa (LOL) First off, you all sound like everyone who said the same things about the Eagles. But who knows. I admoit myself, I want the Bucs, but I fear the Raiders probably will win.

As for Romanowski...does that dude have some great guns or what!

Homie
01-20-2003, 06:41 PM

So who wins, Tampa or Oakland? Me, I think you know my views! I think it's awesome what the Bucs have done and I hope they go all the way. Football is by far my favorite sport...BUT, to compare this to what "DA BULLS" did is nothing short of blasphemy bro! That said I hope Chucky brings it home to Tampa.

TrishB
01-20-2003, 06:43 PM
I am rooting for the Raiders.....since my Patriots sort of screwed them last year from getting to the superbowl.

Mac, I'll be over to watch the game with you. :)

Charger
01-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Bucs will win! Man I hate Oakland, how poetic that's it's in San Diego, Bucs have to win.
I am a dye hard AFC fan but not this year, go Bucs

This is funny but true, I always said Gannon will never win a Superbowl but I also said the same thing about Brad Johnson, woops, looks like I am wrong again.

Gatorvrx
01-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers..........

Gator
01-21-2003, 06:17 AM
But did u ever in yer wildest dreams ever think that Trent Dilfer would win a Super Bowl and yet become the MVP ???? I know I never did..He sucked back in the day for the Bucs...
It will be a crap shoot, who has the better D, who can adjust and check off at the line of scrimmage best, calling the right audibles will be the key..And if the Bucs can get to Gannon, Oaklands line is huuuuuuuge and mobile !!!

Gator

Originally posted by Charger
Bucs will win! Man I hate Oakland, how poetic that's it's in San Diego, Bucs have to win.
I am a dye hard AFC fan but not this year, go Bucs

This is funny but true, I always said Gannon will never win a Superbowl but I also said the same thing about Brad Johnson, woops, looks like I am wrong again.

giantfan43
01-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Gator
But did u ever in yer wildest dreams ever think that Trent Dilfer would win a Super Bowl and yet become the MVP ???? I know I never did..He sucked back in the day for the Bucs...
It will be a crap shoot, who has the better D, who can adjust and check off at the line of scrimmage best, calling the right audibles will be the key..And if the Bucs can get to Gannon, Oaklands line is huuuuuuuge and mobile !!!

Gator

Trent dilfer gives me nightmares .. where is he now ? He sucked with the bucs and had half of a good season with the ravens .. that raven defense was unstoppable that year ...

Anyway, I'll say it again .. go BUCS ! My sister lives in the tampa area and for years I have been busting her husbands chops about the bucs .. hopefully, this is his year and their year !

Gator
01-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Well being a Giants fan I can see why yer upset w/Dilfer..LOL
He did what he had to do that year, he knew what he had and made the best of it..Not to mention Ray "The Murderer" Lewis was everywhere that game...
I hope the Bucs pull it off....

Gator

Originally posted by giantfan43
Trent dilfer gives me nightmares .. where is he now ? He sucked with the bucs and had half of a good season with the ravens .. that raven defense was unstoppable that year ...

Anyway, I'll say it again .. go BUCS ! My sister lives in the tampa area and for years I have been busting her husbands chops about the bucs .. hopefully, this is his year and their year !

TampaIronMan
01-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Now,let me ask this again....TAMPA?

HELL YES!!!!!

As for all those Raiderz fans out there, all I can say is...5 interceptions, 3 returned for TDs? You call that anMVP?!?

Hibiscus09
01-26-2003, 09:09 PM
I said Tampa would win. :)

Homie
01-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Now,let me ask this again....TAMPA?

HELL YES!!!!!

As for all those Raiderz fans out there, all I can say is...5 interceptions, 3 returned for TDs? You call that anMVP?!? Gotta love dem Bucs, hopefully the idiots won't riot in Tampa though as that seems to be the way a lot of people "celebrate" a championship.

Gator
01-27-2003, 05:55 AM
A nail biter and a blowout all in one...
Supa Bowl Champs !!!!

Sincerely,
John McKay

giantfan43
01-27-2003, 08:03 AM
Congratulations to all you Tampa fans out there and especially you, TampaIronMan .. damn .. they looked awful impressive to this giant fan ! That defense ... made Rich Gannon look like Kerry Collins against the Ravens a couple of years back .. awesome defense !

WarriorPoet
01-27-2003, 09:29 AM
:lol when will people ever learn Defense wins Superbowls. When in doubt bet on the team with the best D.

Axe
01-27-2003, 11:42 AM
TAMPA!

Can I hear a BOOYA! :D

I'd say that Gruden was well worth the trade $!

Axe
01-27-2003, 11:42 AM
TAMPA!

Can I hear a BOOYA! :D

I'd say that Gruden was well worth the trade $!

Homie
01-27-2003, 01:31 PM
It seems that the Tampa fans have shown more class than the Raiders fans too. For the second week in a row the thugs from Oakland have trashed the stores of hard working merchants, whereas the fans in Tampa kept the celebrating to a decent level. Congrats to Tampa on having the classiest team and more importantly the classiest fans. http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_RAIDERS_ROWDY_FANS?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=SPORTS

Charger
01-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Other than our beloved Mac, Raiders fans suck!! I never go against the AFC except when it comes to the Raiders in the Super Bowel. I also agree that Tampa is a class act, they deserved the win and there fans who stuck with them through some real tough years.
The only thing better than seeing Gannon throwing 5 interception would have been 6.

Axe
01-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Yep...Tampa fans are loyal! I was at their first Rally in a Tampa shopping mall in 1976. All I can say is 'FINALLY'!

Now all we need to do is run a kick-off back for a touchdown and we will be complete! :D