i try to leave the gym by 6:40
to be at work by 7 to start lifting
batteries all day
should i start workimg out in the afternoon
to give me time to rest
or does anyone think it matters

Charger
01-19-2003, 06:05 PM
I like a.m. workouts. I look at it this way, I give myself the best, work gets whats left. Just make sure you are getting enough rest.

TrishB
01-19-2003, 06:43 PM
I agree with Charger. I also workout before.
I used to find myself skipping too much when I tried to do it after work....I would be too spent to be lifting weights or running on a treadmill.
You would be in the same situation. So do it before and give it your all. :)

IPR
01-19-2003, 06:59 PM
I am a morning workout guy. It allows me to go full tilt. I can plan the time I go with no distractions, in the afternoon one thing or another delays or postpones my gym time. It also get your metabolism running fast all day, and you're also ready to sleep come evening.

Am training for me is control :)

bman189
01-19-2003, 07:14 PM
thanks for the replys
yeah im normaly to
tired after work to watch tv
much less lift

Gator
01-20-2003, 05:05 AM
Try the morning, after work I bet yer beat Bro..

Gator

IPR
01-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by icequeen
This is just my .02, but I think that when you work out first thing in the morning, like Trish said, you are more likely to stick with it, but also, you go on with your day knowing that you did something good for yourself before the world got its share of you for the day. It is motivating.

I couldn't agree more :D

Somehow I feel I have the moral high ground throughout th rest of the day :)

bb5-0
01-21-2003, 08:06 AM
I think working out first thing in the morning is best. First it gives you a good reason to get up, you are still full of energy (which is often not the case after a day's work )and your workout will also energize you for the rest of the day. Moreover I suppose the gym is probably less crowded at that time.
You also will avoid overtraining as you only have a limited amount of time, and will be forced to stick to a short (but efficient and well-thought) program preventing you from adding unnecessary exercices as we sometimes do when we have more time.

Just remember, as Charger mentions, to get enough rest