PDA

View Full Version : 21 Week NFL BETTING THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 01:23 PM
well this thread is for all the gamblers out there. I think it would be good to have a place where we can give our picks for the day and help each other out.

today i took a

$100 loss on seattle at -6.5
$100 win on eagles at -6
$100 win on cinci at +1

for the 4 oclocks,
i only have chicago at -3.5

anybody think indy at -3 is a good pick for the night game??

or oakland at -3 for mondays game?

if u have any good winners, share them here

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
dam i guess noone on here bets.

i didnt bet on indy, oh well. came out plus 190, i will put another hundred on sd tommorow.

anybody else?

OrdoAbchao
09-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Are there any sports gambling websites that I can bet on? I was thinking about doing a confidence pool. You know of any decent sites?

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I use sportsinteraction and it's worked fine....... There are literally thousands of sports gambling sites, and some of them are considered very risky so be careful. But in terms of ratings, there are several sites that have recieved an A+ rating, including Bodog and Pinnacle. hope that helps

mikeslemonade
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
i'm looking to join a betting fantasy fooball league.

OrdoAbchao
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks man...I will check out Bodog since I have seen them on tv advertising. I could have just googled it or something but while I was watching games earlier today I asked one of my roomates and he said he thought sports gambling online had been banned so I never checked.

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
best line: linesmaker.com

best options as to what types of bets: bodog.com

its not even worth having a job when u can just bet.

JABOFN
09-10-2006, 09:56 PM
i use bodog.com

and i bet on indy to beat ny

idk all the gambling lingo of over/unders but the point spread had indy 3 1/2 under

I only bet $5 but I won $5.50!

$10 is usually the max i bet

I also bet $5 on the blue jays beating the Angels, and I bet $5 on the angels beating the jays by 2 runs or more.......the only way i lost was if angels won by 1 and that's what happened :(

If the angels one by 2+ i would've won $9.25 and if the blue jays won I would've won $5.00

so of all the things that could've happened the one thing i didn't wanna happen did dammit

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 09:58 PM
i use bodog.com

idk all the gambling lingo of over/unders but the point spread had indy 3 1/2 under

I also bet $5 on the blue jays beating the Angels, and I bet $5 on the angels beating the jays by 2 runs or more.......the only way i lost was if angels won by 1 and that's what happened :(

If the angels one by 2+ i would've won $9.25 and if the blue jays won I would've won $5.00

so of all the things that could've happened the one thing i didn't wanna happen did dammit

man u never gonna make money if ur bettin that low.

JABOFN
09-10-2006, 10:00 PM
i've already made $50 somethin bucks

started with $20 and now i'm at $75.42

i'm not doing it to make a million bucks, its just something to do

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 10:01 PM
i use bodog.com

if you're going to bet that low I'd suggest doing parlays (combination bets).

JABOFN
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
no thanks

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
no thanks

then continue being an amateur

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
if you're going to bet that low I'd suggest doing parlays (combination bets).

thats where the big bucks are. last year i had 5 or 10 bucks down on a 7 team parlay and won $653.

basically u pick however many teams u want, and everysingle one has to win. then u win real big.

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
thats where the big bucks are. last year i had 5 or 10 bucks down on a 7 team parlay and won $653.

basically u pick however many teams u want, and everysingle one has to win. then u win real big.

nice on the $653 parlay. I've been doing parlays these past two college football weekends and been hitting em' nicely.

bigbridrol
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
college is a lot easier then nfl. almost everything covers. nfl on the other hand, only 3 of the favorited teams covered today.

by the way every week me and my buddies all throw up 1 dollar and do a 12 team parlay on all of the nfl games, the payout is in the 10ks. we have came very close. one day we will hit it.

it would probably be smarter to do it with college though

edit* night all, tommrow discuss monday night possibilities

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
no thanks

why the hell did you neg me kid? I offered solid advice about paralys... next time you want to brag about how you're betting $5 so you can profit 50 cents to buy a snicker's, think otherwise.

Leaf12
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Great thread!

I did not bet this weekend, but will for sure next sunday.

Week 2:

Buffalo at Miami 1:00 p.m.
Carolina at Minnesota 1:00 p.m.
Cleveland at Cincinnati 1:00 p.m.
Detroit at Chicago 1:00 p.m.
Houston at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m.
New Orleans at Green Bay 1:00 p.m.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia 1:00 p.m.
Oakland at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Atlanta 1:00 p.m.
Arizona at Seattle 4:05 p.m.
St. Louis at San Francisco 4:05 p.m.
Kansas City at Denver 4:15 p.m.
New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 p.m.
Tennessee at San Diego 4:15 p.m.
Washington at Dallas

To start off with, I might put 50 dollars down on:
Chicago - probably 1.25 odds
Cincinnati - probably 1.25 odds
Colts - probably 1.10
Baltimore - probably 1.25-1.40 odds

Could be around a 57 dollar profit. After I earn some money, I'll bet more on longshots.

Last NFL season I did not bet at all, but the season before that, I won a little over 300, with 10 bucks to start out with. 2 dollars per ticket, 5 tickets a week. This time around I will bet at least 25 a week.

kyleTX
09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
college is a lot easier then nfl. almost everything covers. nfl on the other hand, only 3 of the favorited teams covered today.

yeah college seems to be easier to predict those blowouts. If you want to talk college bets in this thread that would be great if you don't mind.

bigbridrol
09-11-2006, 04:32 AM
yeah college seems to be easier to predict those blowouts. If you want to talk college bets in this thread that would be great if you don't mind.

sure im in to all kind of betting, even on occasion, baseball. its my only source of income. i jsut put NFL because i think its the most fun to bet on and its new to this week

bigbridrol
09-17-2006, 07:50 AM
ok its sunday again.

today im putting 50 on indy at -13 against houston which should be a lock
50 more on baltimore at -13 against the worst seated raiders
50 more on cincinati at -13 against the browns

the 4 oclock games might be the rams and sd, money to be determined if 1 oclocks lose or win..

any feedback on these?

tnel00
09-17-2006, 07:58 AM
I would bet against the Raiders every week until Art Shell can prove he knows how to coach a football team. That was one of the worst hires ever. Personally I put $100 down on the following games:

Philly (-3) over Giants
Baltimore (-13) over Raiders
New Orleans (-2) over GB
Carolina (+1.5) over Minny

bigbridrol
09-17-2006, 08:01 AM
I would bet against the Raiders every week until Art Shell can prove he knows how to coach a football team. That was one of the worst hires ever. Personally I put $100 down on the following games:

Philly (-3) over Giants
Baltimore (-13) over Raiders
New Orleans (-2) over GB
Carolina (+1.5) over Minny

i really like the saints game too, that might be one of my picks as well. I am a HUGE eagles fan, but it is a divisional game, and with tiki/jacobs playing like they did, i wouldnt bet on that one.

and carolina over minny is ballsy

tnel00
09-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Games at Philly, and the Eagles are for real this year. They're healthy, they've improved their defense considerably. They should be a top 2-3 team in the NFC this year. I'm hoping last week's Panther game was a fluke. I'm not sold on Minny yet, but that is definitly my reach for this week. Lines were just too big on some of the other games I was considering, and I need to see more of St. Louis and their new coach before I put money down on them. I think they have a real good shot of covering against San Fran this week if they play at all like they did last week.

bigbridrol
09-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Games at Philly, and the Eagles are for real this year. They're healthy, they've improved their defense considerably. They should be a top 2-3 team in the NFC this year. I'm hoping last week's Panther game was a fluke. I'm not sold on Minny yet, but that is definitly my reach for this week. Lines were just too big on some of the other games I was considering, and I need to see more of St. Louis and their new coach before I put money down on them. I think they have a real good shot of covering against San Fran this week if they play at all like they did last week.

how confident are you with NO? i like it bc the spread is so low and gb is so bad

bush breeze mcallister horn. cmon vs farve???
seems like a lock?

tnel00
09-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Green Bay is horrible. Their secondary is d-1AA material, their offensive line sucks, they have no recievers except Driver who isn't even number one reciever material. I predict atleast two Favre gunslings picked off by NO.

Actually I think NO has an outside shot of making the playoffs. Their offense has a lot of weapons on it, and now that Brooks is gone they shouldn't make so many mistakes. Their defense is questionable, but GB's offense sucks. I'm pretty confident about that pick.

bigbridrol
09-17-2006, 02:21 PM
well i won all of my 1 oclocks and bet on pats $100 and seattle. but my fav team lost :( .

JABOFN
09-17-2006, 02:25 PM
4 Team Parlay #********
Football - NFL Lines (Game)
NFL WEEK 2
(419) St. Louis Rams -175 Sun@4:05p
Competitor: (420) San Francisco 49ers

NFL WEEK 2
(422) Seattle Seahawks -320 Sun@4:05p
Competitor: (421) Arizona Cardinals

NFL WEEK 2
(423) New England Patriots -270 Sun@4:15p
Competitor: (424) New York Jets

NFL WEEK 2
(426) San Diego Chargers -11 (-105) Sun@4:15p
Competitor: (425) Tennessee Titans

so far, i'm looking good :)....a 4 team parlay

i was very close to picking arizona over seattle, but i went ahead and went with seattle since they're at home

bigbridrol
09-17-2006, 03:36 PM
4 Team Parlay #********
NFL WEEK 2
(419) St. Louis Rams -175 Sun@4:05p
Competitor: (420) San Francisco 49ers

NFL WEEK 2
(422) Seattle Seahawks -320 Sun@4:05p
Competitor: (421) Arizona Cardinals

NFL WEEK 2
(423) New England Patriots -270 Sun@4:15p
Competitor: (424) New York Jets

NFL WEEK 2
(426) San Diego Chargers -11 (-105) Sun@4:15p
Competitor: (425) Tennessee Titans

so far, i'm looking good :)....a 4 team parlay

i was very close to picking arizona over seattle, but i went ahead and went with seattle since they're at home

u do the money lines? u would win TONS more money if u used spreads. money lines win u next to nuthing. good picks so far except for Rams. they arent lookin to good but still plenty of time

JABOFN
09-17-2006, 03:42 PM
3 are money lines the chargers was a runline

i can make 4 times what i bet so its good enough for me, if the rams would just score...down 4 with about 10 minutes left...hopefuly the niners will fumble or smith will throw a pick

the jets look to be coming back on the pats....down 10 and recovered a fumble

kyleTX
09-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I didn't do so well on saturday with college football, so I put a parlay on the nfl which I normally don't bet on.

Ny Giants (+3) over Philly

New Orleans (moneyline) over Green bay

Indy (-13.5) over Houston

$35 paid $209.... not bad since I wasn't even planning on betting today.

btw, that giants/eagles game was freakin nuts

bigbridrol
09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
I didn't do so well on saturday with college football, so I put a parlay on the nfl which I normally don't bet on.

Ny Giants (+3) over Philly

New Orleans (moneyline) over Green bay

Indy (-13.5) over Houston

$35 paid $209.... not bad since I wasn't even planning on betting today.

btw, that giants/eagles game was freakin nuts

im still depressed over that game. but all teh money i made is still a good comfort.

what do u guys feel about tonights game. Steelers -2.5 @ jacksonville. and the over at 37

i may just take pitt, just because i am a compulsive gambler

sawastea
09-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Damn, i wish I saw this earlier. I went 7-1 yesterday. Only loss was the F'n Dolphins.

Tonight, I'm taking Pitt @ -3. I will post up all my action for baseball, NCAA and NFL going forward.

bigbridrol
09-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Damn, i wish I saw this earlier. I went 7-1 yesterday. Only loss was the F'n Dolphins.

Tonight, I'm taking Pitt @ -3. I will post up all my action for baseball, NCAA and NFL going forward.

yesterday was the perfect betting day. ballsy attempt with the dolphins.

i am actually gonna start getting into baseball, and thinking phillies tonight against the cubs.

definetly let us know ur picks so we can all profit off of each others knowledge

sawastea
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Though I think Philly will win, I don't like the current spead of -230 -220. Taking -1.5 will yield -115.

I much prefer the OVER in that game.

sawastea
09-18-2006, 08:50 AM
If I were to take underdogs tonight, I would go with:

* Cincy (rich money line)
* SD
* Seattle

kyleTX
09-18-2006, 12:54 PM

* SD
* Seattle

cincy vs. houston, oswalt is such a stud and he's the only thing clutch on the astros... gotta think he's not gonna let up in spite of their season ending without any hope of playoffs.

kyleTX
09-18-2006, 12:58 PM
MNF: I like pitt (-3) and the over (37) tonight

if they announce big ben as the starting qb, you gotta assume the spread with move to -4 or higher. Might be smart to get the bet in now (if you're for Pitt) before any fluctuations.

bigbridrol
09-18-2006, 02:52 PM

* SD
* Seattle

hmmm, how confident are u in cincy? how much u puttin on it

The Bob
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Hmmm odd I missed this thread.

Anyways, I got roughed up on ncaa week 2/nfl week 1 pretty bad and made up for it this past weekend going 7-1 ats on ncaa and 6-2 on nfl (13-3 ats weekend). I have Pitts -3 tonight as well.

Would be nice for us to pool information here each week to increase our odds. Check out my other thread too, if you're interested in a different kind of sports betting: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=902004

-Bob

Fr3akyPhysique
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
what site do all you guys bet on? I bet on bo dog.com

anyways....tonight i did a teaser with Jacksonville +10 and took the over of 30...i put 20 bucks on it to win 25

kyleTX
09-18-2006, 03:29 PM
what site do all you guys bet on? I bet on bo dog.com

anyways....tonight i did a teaser with Jacksonville +10 and took the over of 30...i put 20 bucks on it to win 25

not a bad teaser, pretty safe. I use sportsinteraction, but I've heard lots of problems with withdrawals there so I'll switch to bodog or pinnacle sooner or later.

bigbridrol
09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
im not feeling to confident tonight but i put 50 on pitt for the hell of it, i got it at -2.5

i dont use a site i bet through bookies.

kyleTX
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
damnit the steelers game blew!

I took an early nfl week 3 parlay, wanted to lock in the spreads before they change.

baltimore (-6.5) over cleveland

carolina (-3) over tampa bay

chicago (-3.5) over minnesota

I like these alot, and with Steve Smith healthy for this week Carolina should be alot more impressive.

bigbridrol
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
damnit the steelers game blew!

I took an early nfl week 3 parlay, wanted to lock in the spreads before they change.

baltimore (-6.5) over cleveland

carolina (-3) over tampa bay

chicago (-3.5) over minnesota

I like these alot, and with Steve Smith healthy for this week Carolina should be alot more impressive.

You shoulda thrown the eagels in there, they are playing SF. i wish i could get early spreads but since i bet through a bookie i pretty much get game time spreads

and yeah im pissed about the pitt game to. they played absolutly horrible. bc they played so bad i might bet on cinci at +2 at Pit next week

sawastea
09-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Early lines for Sunday:

* NYJ +6
* Cincy +2
* Jacksonville +7
* Tenn +11
* Houston +4
* Balt -6
* NYG +4
* ATL -3

sawastea
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM

* SD
* Seattle

Cincy lost 3-5
SD lost in the bottom of the 10th. 4 back to back HR by LAD to tie
Seattle got slaugtered

LOL @ Colo/SF score

bigbridrol
09-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Early lines for Sunday:

* NYJ +6
* Cincy +2
* Jacksonville +7
* Tenn +11
* Houston +4
* Balt -6
* NYG +4
* ATL -3

not sure im ready to bet on NYG. Jacksonville could be a surprising pic, but their offense didnt show me enough last night. i like Atlanta in that game a lot.
not sold on the jets, buff hasnt been playing bad.

and i dont get the miami spread, why is it so high?

and finally, u dont like philly -6 at SF ? they played amazing yesterday despite a 4th quarter f**k up

sawastea
09-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Philly was supposed to be in my post :eek:

Freaking mods editing my post!!! :mad:

So far 2-0 today with Wash and Phil but am losing on MILW :(

kyleTX
09-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Me being a diehard Houston Astros fan, I somehow bet against my Astros today (I feel like I pulled a Pete Rose). They've really yucked it up this year... oh well, won my bet...

bigbridrol
09-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Me being a diehard Houston Astros fan, I somehow bet against my Astros today (I feel like I pulled a Pete Rose). They've really yucked it up this year... oh well, won my bet...

haha yeah , ive only bet once against my team (Eagles) once in my life, they ended up losing to Seattle 42-0 last year lol

sawastea
09-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Today I'm playing light and with underdogs.

* ATL
* ZONA
* NYY

kyleTX
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Today I'm playing light and with underdogs.

* ATL
* ZONA
* NYY

taking the yanks against halladay eh? hmm... I dunno, nyy are starting some scrub with a 11+ era in 2005. But if you played it light, no worries.

bigbridrol
09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
with myers pitching tonight for the phils against the cubs. i might just have to throw down a few hundred on the -259 money line.

Cdem
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
the bears are finally playing a decent team, but i still love the -3 spread they got.

kyleTX
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
damn, Halladay got hurt and pulled in the 3rd... there goes my parlay lol

bigbridrol
09-20-2006, 06:14 PM
YES chase utley just hit a HR, phillies are winning 5-1, another hundred for me!!

im surprised more pple on here dont bet. i thought everyone was a degenerate gambler

Cdem
09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
YES chase utley just hit a HR, phillies are winning 5-1, another hundred for me!!

im surprised more pple on here dont bet. i thought everyone was a degenerate gambler

f uck betting on baseball.... i don't watch it enough to know what im doing

bigbridrol
09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
f uck betting on baseball.... i don't watch it enough to know what im doing

i dont like betting on it either. im just so addicted to betting at this point that i have to bet on at least one game a night. i dream about sunday.

kyleTX
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
i dont like betting on it either. im just so addicted to betting at this point that i have to bet on at least one game a night. i dream about sunday.

exactly... I tell myself I'm not going to bet on baseball, then I get the mid-week urge!

btw, toronto is holding up without halladay... but I'm getting f'ed by Dontrelle Willis (the damn pitcher) hitting TWO homeruns.

bigbridrol
09-20-2006, 06:53 PM
exactly... I tell myself I'm not going to bet on baseball, then I get the mid-week urge!

btw, toronto is holding up without halladay... but I'm getting f'ed by Dontrelle Willis (the damn pitcher) hitting TWO homeruns.

damn the pitcher?? wow that sucks.

saw is doing allright i think yankees are down 1 but braves up 5 in the 9th. other game hasnt started

kyleTX
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
bottom of the 9th, mets down 6-3. I need a walk off grand slam from Jose Reyes!

kyleTX
09-21-2006, 10:39 AM
anyone betting on tonights espn college football game?

I took Georgia tech (-17.5) , over 40

Garnett
09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I occasionally lay cash on NFL games.

If Washington is only -4, i'd go heavy on them. Houston hasn't played well at all and the skins are due with their talent level and Portis playing.

I also like Baltimore if that line tightens a little bit more. I am disappointed in the play of McNair thus far but the defense is looking really good again.

If the Atlanta/NO line widens in the Falcons favor, I would bet on the Saints. They are going to have a huge emotional lift Monday night @ the Superdome.

Cdem
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I occasionally lay cash on NFL games.

If Washington is only -4, i'd go heavy on them. Houston hasn't played well at all and the skins are due with their talent level and Portis playing.

I also like Baltimore if that line tightens a little bit more. I am disappointed in the play of McNair thus far but the defense is looking really good again.

If the Atlanta/NO line widens in the Falcons favor, I would bet on the Saints. They are going to have a huge emotional life Monday night @ the Superdome.

i agree. washington at -4 is nice, if portis is playing. is it definite that he is playing?

TimoteoS
09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I bet every week, my booky hates me becaus I have VERY good luck :D

Cdem
09-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I bet every week, my booky hates me becaus I have VERY good luck :D

spread the wealth :P

Garnett
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
i agree. washington at -4 is nice, if portis is playing. is it definite that he is playing?

I live in the DC area and the local talking heads are saying Portis is a go right now.

bigbridrol
09-21-2006, 03:10 PM
today i took detroit at -129 against baltimore, it is 3-2 det right now so im gettin nervous. and im taking minnesota with santana pitching at boston. and im still thinkin about college football tonight

sawastea
09-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Weekend Action

1-0 yesterday with GaTech and the under (push on the 17pt spread)

Saturday

* Nebraska
* UTEP
* Louisville

Light plays on Cuse, Florida, FSU under and WestVa

Sunday

* Det under
* Chi
* Cincy
* NYG
* Houston

Light plays on the Titans, Phily, Balti and Carolina

bigbridrol
09-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Weekend Action

Saturday

* Nebraska
* UTEP
* Louisville

Sunday

* Det under
* Chi
* Cincy
* NYG
* Houston

why light on balti, i think thats the game of the week? houston and nyg are a lot more risky then that...

kyleTX
09-22-2006, 03:23 PM
anyone betting on this ****ty ncaa game tonight (northwestern vs. nevada)

I might just to have something to watch

bigbridrol
09-22-2006, 03:43 PM
anyone betting on this ****ty ncaa game tonight (northwestern vs. nevada)

I might just to have something to watch

naa, im savin all my money for sunday. probably most of it on balti

kyleTX
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
for saturday, west viriginia (-22) over east carolina is looking great. East carolina gave up over 400 rushing yards to Navy the first week. Steve Slaton should have a field day.

bigbridrol
09-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I jsut looked at sat spreads, i am going BIG it will be a great weekend.

clemson -16
vtech -27.5
texas -24.5
ohio st -16.5
tenn -21.5

kyleTX
09-22-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm taking 3 team parlay that's seems pretty safe:

west virginia (-22)
florida (-24)
usc (-22)

bigbridrol
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
allright felllow betters im pretty F*d up right now, bout to head out to the bar, but good luck with the weekends bets i will not be posting until late sunday. i allready listed my college bets, and i think im going to keep it simple on sunday and just go all out on balti and maybe a lil on cincy and philly. PEace out

sawastea
09-23-2006, 06:03 AM
I jsut looked at sat spreads, i am going BIG it will be a great weekend.

clemson -16
vtech -27.5
texas -24.5
ohio st -16.5
tenn -21.5

Good luck. I was actually leaning towards UNC @ 17. I'm indifferent on UTenn as their offense is MUCH to be desired. VT and Texas *should* cover fine. OSU will be interesting. Far better team, but I expect JoPa's team to make it close for about the first 3 minutes :D

sawastea
09-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Weekend Action

Saturday

* Nebraska
* UTEP
* Louisville

Sunday

* Det under
* Chi
* Cincy
* NYG
* Houston

Rough weekend. Doesn't help I have one game left on my plate and it's 35-0 at 1/2 time.

This is teh suck.

NE and the under and ATL and the over. Let's see what happens.

bigbridrol
09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
balti blew it for me, im so pissed.

split yesterday 4-4.

i am starting to think nfl is fixed. lol

Cdem
09-24-2006, 04:35 PM
giants really blew it for me..i had such a nice 8 team 7 point teaser...and the gaints couldn't at least lose by less then 10.5...

bigbridrol
09-24-2006, 04:36 PM
8 team, 7 points... how much does that pay out?

Cdem
09-24-2006, 04:41 PM
8 team, 7 points... how much does that pay out?

only put 10 on it..woulda won 105

sawastea
09-24-2006, 05:11 PM
6 team, 7 pt teaser pays 5-1. I had NYG in mine as well, and those fockers couldn't kick a last second FG :mad:

kyleTX
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I won one of my parlays today but I got raped on college football .

I was bored so I took the two games on right now.... Astros(-1.5) with Denver (-7)

bigbridrol
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
yo they are not playing the den NE game here WTF, its baseball????"

Cdem
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
yo they are not playing the den NE game here WTF, its baseball????"

on NBC?

bigbridrol
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
on NBC?

phew thanks. i thought espn had rights to the night games.

kyleTX
09-25-2006, 02:00 PM
who do you guys like for MNF?

I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards Atlanta (-4) and the under (44)

sawastea
09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm leaning with ATL and the OVER...

I'm probably going very light tonight and try to recoup for next week.

Looking at TCU and SD State for this week's NCAA.

bigbridrol
09-25-2006, 02:55 PM
im not touchin tonights game. but atl is def the better team. but u know NO will come out fired up

Cdem
09-25-2006, 04:33 PM
i'm thinking about putting some $$ on atl. i have them in a 7 point teaser, there my last win i need. So i have them at +4. the -4 line is pretty nice, IMO the falcons should win this game by a decent amount. NO is definitly the worst 2-0 team. The only thing making me second guess is the fact that NO is playing at home for the first time in ages.

If i were to bet on over under...which i don't, i'd prolly take the under. IMO the falcons have one of the best defenses in the NFL. and the only reason that the game would go to over, is cause the falcons scored so many points :-P

kyleTX
09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Changed my mind, taking NO (+5) and the under.

I think Reggie Bush is about due for a td

kyleTX
09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
tonights college football!

TCU (moneyline)
Auburn (-14)
Auburn/SC (over 37.5)

anyone else?

sawastea
09-28-2006, 02:50 PM
TCU UNDER 47
Rutgers -4
Fla Int UNDER 44
Fresno UNDER 43

bigbridrol
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM
TCU UNDER 47
Rutgers -4
Fla Int UNDER 44
Fresno UNDER 43

ive never liked over unders, as i feel its like flipping a coin. But good luck to all betters tonight. i am waiting till the weekend to resume betting

kyleTX
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Friday's games:

rutgers (moneyline)
rutgers/usf (over)
astros (moneyline)
astros/atl (over)

giggedyyy
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
so which website is the better to use? moneyline or bodog? any other websites? I wanna get some action going :D

bigbridrol
09-30-2006, 09:10 AM
so which website is the better to use? moneyline or bodog? any other websites? I wanna get some action going :D

i dont know about moneyline but i know bodog is a good site but soemtimes has a little bit higher of lines. best lines i have seen are at linesmaker, but im not sure if thats still running as i havent used it in a year.

what did u guys pic for saturday?

kyleTX
09-30-2006, 12:07 PM
i dont know about moneyline but i know bodog is a good site but soemtimes has a little bit higher of lines. best lines i have seen are at linesmaker, but im not sure if thats still running as i havent used it in a year.

what did u guys pic for saturday?

I use pointspread.com to view all the different live odds at various online sites.... its awesome. I'm betting at sportsinteraction though, haven't had any problems so far.

Boise st. (moneyline)
ohio state (-7)
texas a&m (moneyline)
texas a&m/tx tech (under)

I'm a diehard aggie :)

giggedyyy
10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Anybody bet nfl today? I got the cowboys -10 and the bengals -5.5, they better cover :D

kyleTX
10-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Anybody bet nfl today? I got the cowboys -10 and the bengals -5.5, they better cover :D

I lost a parlay in the noon games. Bengals are looking solid, I might make a "live bet".

kyleTX
10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I lost a parlay in the noon games. Bengals are looking solid, I might make a "live bet".

spoke too soon lol, pats blew this one away

bigbridrol
10-01-2006, 05:06 PM
im thinking about taking the eagles tommrow night since they are my team. Stallworth is back and westbrook is going to tear apart a weak GB Defense

giggedyyy
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
spoke too soon lol, pats blew this one away

Yeah I was soo close to taking the ravens, but was scared the chargers would own, so I went with the bengals :(

bigbridrol
10-05-2006, 07:18 AM
well im getting back into betting again after a week or 2 off.

sunday bets

indy -18
SF - 3
chicago -10
philly -1
sd - 3.5

Cdem
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
i keep forgeting to post in this thread...did a couple bets this week. The main one being my 7 team 7 point teaser...just waiting on the ravens game now...

Bears(Chicago) -3.5
Panthers(Carolina) -2 (Even)
Saints(NewOrleans) +0.5 (-115)
Chiefs(KansasCity) +4 (-130)
49ers(SanFrancisco) +3.5 (Even)
Rams(StLouis) +4
Ravens(Baltimore) +11 (-115)

bigbridrol
10-09-2006, 07:20 PM
well im back in the betting game. did real well this weekend. BUT INDY WON BY ONE what a joke. i cant beleive that game. oh well. didnt bet on tonights game even though the ravens and under were tempting.

Cdem
10-09-2006, 07:26 PM
early lines for next week is begals -6...looks delicious

kyleTX
10-12-2006, 01:57 PM
tonights games:

V tech (-2.5) vs. BC
V tech/BC OVER (42)
Col. State (+7.5) vs. air force

keep this thread going!

just for the record I'm changing my air force pick to colorado state (+7.5). game starts in 10 min, hope i made the right last minute decision lol

anyways does anybody have any Sunday picks yet?

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 03:07 PM
yeah its kinda died a lil, i know i havent bet for a while before last sunday bc i had lost. but now i am back in the game.

im only gonna bet on nfl now however and will soon update this sundays pics. one thing is for sure, im def throwin a lot down on my team (eagles)

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
tonights games:

V tech (-2.5) vs. BC
V tech/BC OVER (42)
Air Force (-6) vs. Col. St.

keep this thread going!

i like the vtech game, good pick, i dunno enough about airforce to bet on them though.

edit* vtech not lookin to good. they should be ablke to come back and win, but the over seems improbable

Cdem
10-12-2006, 07:08 PM
yeah its kinda died a lil, i know i havent bet for a while before last sunday bc i had lost. but now i am back in the game.

im only gonna bet on nfl now however and will soon update this sundays pics. one thing is for sure, im def throwin a lot down on my team (eagles)

mcnabb is playing godly. the saints are overrated making the spread low. i'll take eagles -3 all day. just to be safe im being .5 points tho :p

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 07:43 PM
mcnabb is playing godly. the saints are overrated making the spread low. i'll take eagles -3 all day. just to be safe im being .5 points tho :p

yeah the .5 buy is probably a safe play. I just feel that they are going to come out firing as usual and the saints wont be able to keep up the the mcnabb deep ball. eagles should be able to score at will. and even with stallworth out, hank baskett will be able to get open downfield for the big play

Cdem
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
yeah the .5 buy is probably a safe play. I just feel that they are going to come out firing as usual and the saints wont be able to keep up the the mcnabb deep ball. eagles should be able to score at will. and even with stallworth out, hank baskett will be able to get open downfield for the big play

i always usually buy .5 points on any 3 point spread game...it's just how i bet.

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
i always usually buy .5 points on any 3 point spread game...it's just how i bet.
i havent bought points in a while, how much does it subtract form the winnings per half point?

Cdem
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
depends on how much the pay out is in the first place. But if i bet 80 on philly, i only win 63 at -3...if i buy .5 points, i could win 54.

now that i think of it...thats a pretty ****ty payout with this game (-125)

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 09:06 PM
depends on how much the pay out is in the first place. But if i bet 80 on philly, i only win 63 at -3...if i buy .5 points, i could win 54.

now that i think of it...thats a pretty ****ty payout with this game (-125)

dammmnn if i bet on n e football team, i win what i bet as long as the team covers the spread, if i bet 80 i win 80

Cdem
10-12-2006, 09:12 PM
dammmnn if i bet on n e football team, i win what i bet as long as the team covers the spread, if i bet 80 i win 80

it's different with every game..id say about half the games every week have an even pay out rate. on the flip side tho, if i bet 80 on NO with +3 i could win 90. I think places do that because maybe there not to happy with the vagas spread.

you bet with bookies?

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
it's different with every game..id say about half the games every week have an even pay out rate. on the flip side tho, if i bet 80 on NO with +3 i could win 90. I think places do that because maybe there not to happy with the vagas spread.

you bet with bookies?
i bet with bookies and websites, pretty much everything. and it sounds like u r betting the spread but getting the money line. What site do u use and why? ive never seen something liek that before, thats a rip off.

if i wanted to take the game at the money line then there would be no spread? im confused?

if ur gettin screwed liek that, i would switch websites, or bookies whichever u use. a good one and common is bodog.com if u bet 100 u win 100 but if u lose u pay 10% juice which is standard

Cdem
10-12-2006, 09:38 PM
i bet with bookies and websites, pretty much everything. and it sounds like u r betting the spread but getting the money line. What site do u use and why? ive never seen something liek that before, thats a rip off.

if i wanted to take the game at the money line then there would be no spread? im confused?

if ur gettin screwed liek that, i would switch websites, or bookies whichever u use. a good one and common is bodog.com if u bet 100 u win 100 but if u lose u pay 10% juice which is standard

if i were to bet 80 on the money line, id only win 44...i use sportfanatik.com. i like it cause i play poker on it every once in awhile. and they give me 4 free 10 dollar bets a month. they pick the bet, but thats fun to win free money. i might switch to pinnaclesports.com cause my brother said it has great payout rates.

they don't do that payout with every game..only a few, and i beleive it depends on how people are betting on the game. with a -125 payout, i'm assuming a lot of sport fanatik members are taking the eagles at -3. And not many people are taking NO. so sportfanatik is adjusting the payout rate. it constantly changes depending on the betting population.

oh and i have a bogdog account..i actually have a bogdog calendar i won from a poker tourney and they sent me it..but i haven't gone on there website in awhile..i hate changing betting sites.

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 09:41 PM
so r u up in betting this year or down?

Cdem
10-12-2006, 09:46 PM
so r u up in betting this year or down?

had a couple bad beats with the giants and colts..but i have won a 7 team 7 point teaser two weeks in a row..so im sittin + a couple hundred since week 1..even tho i won 180 alone last week on a 20 dollar bet...so i'm in the green..but in my mind i'm not really..

what about you?

bigbridrol
10-12-2006, 09:51 PM
first few weeks i made bank, because i usually bet big. so i jumped real quick, + 1000 at one point. then i kept getting greedy and lost a lot of it on back to back weekends followed by a huge loss on the ravens browns game. then last sunday i won a decent amount again on NFL so im sticken with NFL rest of season.

Net from start of NFL = +375 which is a joke considering i was up a G

edit* but as long as ur in the green, even a dollar u gotta consider it a win with betting

Cdem
10-12-2006, 10:06 PM
first few weeks i made bank, because i usually bet big. so i jumped real quick, + 1000 at one point. then i kept getting greedy and lost a lot of it on back to back weekends followed by a huge loss on the ravens browns game. then last sunday i won a decent amount again on NFL so im sticken with NFL rest of season.

Net from start of NFL = +375 which is a joke considering i was up a G

edit* but as long as ur in the green, even a dollar u gotta consider it a win with betting

that's the problem...people win a lot then they get greedy, and start making more and more bets, i do it all the time...

oh and ugh..don't get me going about that browns/ravens game...i lost a nice chunk of change on that travesty as well.

kyleTX
10-13-2006, 02:39 AM
nice to see more action in this thread... I'm up about $450 since the start of nfl/ncaa football this season, mainly betting parlays. I also just started "buying points" off the spread. I switched from sportsinteraction to betcris.com for the "buy points" option mainly. Plus, betcris seems to offer bets on football really early in the week (sunday for college, monday for nfl), so I can try and lock in the spreads before they fluctuate from the public demand.

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 06:15 AM
yeah i used to bet through a website but then i started through bookies, im not really sure why, so i cant buy points. Its getting closer to sunday! i allocated myself no more then $400 total to bet this weekend, so i will either break even for the year or win a nice chunk. i will review picks tommorow because my spreads are game time n e way, cant lock em

sawastea
10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
I've been taking some time off to recoup. Had a rough run for a few weeks. Will start back up in November.

c0ncept-2
10-13-2006, 06:44 AM
how does this ticket look to you guys?

Bears over Cardinals --- by 8+
Broncos over Raiders --- by 8+
Seahawks over Rams --- by 4+
Chargers over 49'ers --- by 8+

odds are 4X overall. only one that looks iffy in my opinion is seattle, but i think that their bye week will help, and even though alexander isnt back, green bay proved that any average RB can run all over them.

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 06:55 AM

odds are 4X overall. only one that looks iffy in my opinion is seattle, but i think that their bye week will help, and even though alexander isnt back, green bay proved that any average RB can run all over them.

hmm i dont really get how u r betting. the spreads i have are
bears: -11.5
seatlle: - 3
broncos: -14.5
chargers: -10
what kind of bet is this and why are most of the teams plus 8??

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 06:57 AM
I've been taking some time off to recoup. Had a rough run for a few weeks. Will start back up in November.
same thing happend to me although i couldnt hold out that long, bet last sunday and im back in the game

c0ncept-2
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
hmm i dont really get how u r betting. the spreads i have are
bears: -11.5
seatlle: - 3
broncos: -14.5
chargers: -10
what kind of bet is this and why are most of the teams plus 8??

I live in Ontario, and there are two systems, Pro-Line and Pointspread.

Pro-Line: You choose either team to win by 4+, or 8+ or to have the game within 3 points (tie). Depending on which team you pick and by how much you pick them to win, odds change. Ie- Denver over Oakland by 4+ points would be 1.15 odds, but Tampa over Cinci by 8+ would be 5.5 odds.

Pointspread: Simple, company provides given spreads. The spreads I have are bears (-12.5), seattle (-3.5), broncos (-16.5) and chargers (-10.5).

Now that I've cleared that up, anyone think my pics are any good?

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 10:49 AM
with ur 4+ and 8+ scheme all of them def should cover but we all know sh*t happens. i liek the bears and broncos ones the best

Cdem
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM

those look pretty good to me..you coulda thrown in the bengals too.

Cdem
10-13-2006, 12:57 PM
i'll post one of my bets..just a 3 team parlay

Bills(Buffalo)
Lions(Detroit)
Bills(Buffalo) -1

Eagles(Philadelphia)
Saints(NewOrleans)
Eagles(Philadelphia) -2.5 (-150)
Bought 0.5 point(s)

Panthers(Carolina)
Ravens(Baltimore)
Panthers(Carolina) +3.5 (-135)
Bought 0.5 point(s)

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
i'll post one of my bets..just a 3 team parlay

Bills(Buffalo)
Lions(Detroit)
Bills(Buffalo) -1

Eagles(Philadelphia)
Saints(NewOrleans)
Eagles(Philadelphia) -2.5 (-150)
Bought 0.5 point(s)

Panthers(Carolina)
Ravens(Baltimore)
Panthers(Carolina) +3.5 (-135)
Bought 0.5 point(s)

panthers pick is very ballsy

Cdem
10-13-2006, 04:00 PM
panthers pick is very ballsy

you think ravens will win? eh i like the panthers and my 3.5 points. plus the game is on fox, so that just gave me all the more reason to bet on it, cause i'll be able to watch it.

bigbridrol
10-13-2006, 06:01 PM
you think ravens will win? eh i like the panthers and my 3.5 points. plus the game is on fox, so that just gave me all the more reason to bet on it, cause i'll be able to watch it.

HAHAHA that drives a lot of my bets to. moreso with college sh*t. hah i love it.

but on a serious note, ravens D is just nasty and they are pissed about last monday, mcnair gave the game away. wouldnt be a game i would bet on, but then again the last two weeks before sunday i lost a lot so im not sure thats sayin much

Cdem
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
HAHAHA that drives a lot of my bets to. moreso with college sh*t. hah i love it.

but on a serious note, ravens D is just nasty and they are pissed about last monday, mcnair gave the game away. wouldnt be a game i would bet on, but then again the last two weeks before sunday i lost a lot so im not sure thats sayin much

last monday was the begining of the end of steve mcnair. mark my words. but your right, there are a lot more *smarter* bets this week then panthers/balti. IMO tho, it should be a great game..i hope it is.

bigbridrol
10-14-2006, 12:09 PM
ok well i determined my picks for tommrow. normally i diversify heavily however i am gonna do soemthing different this week and only go with two teams. as i said i have the 400 to bet.

$200 on Philly -3 @ NO
$200 on Cinci -5@ TB

now it is time to pray

and hypothetically if i win both, i will put the full 400 on the bears monday night

Cdem
10-14-2006, 12:44 PM
ok well i determined my picks for tommrow. normally i diversify heavily however i am gonna do soemthing different this week and only go with two teams. as i said i have the 400 to bet.

$200 on Philly -3 @ NO
$200 on Cinci -5@ TB

now it is time to pray

and hypothetically if i win both, i will put the full 400 on the bears monday night

i did a parlay with cinci an philly...i might throw some on just philly with no parlay or teaser..but they are already in two of my parlays and my 7 point teaser..if they lost i would be nice and f*cked.

Cdem
10-15-2006, 09:23 AM
my payout for the eagles game just changed...so i'm throwing a chunk of change on eagles -3.

bigbridrol
10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
ended up teasing some teams. ended up pretty much even for the 1s

however my life is over. eagles lost

kyleTX
10-15-2006, 02:31 PM
a lot of upsets today in the early games, didn't see those coming.

bigbridrol
10-20-2006, 05:02 PM
ok well its almost sunday again, my fav day. first id like to say CDEM im pissed u didnt tell me about ur predictions contest earlier, i love that sh*t.
second lets get u guys pickin games again, is anyone still betting? (kyle, saw, cdem, where u guys been)

third, my pics for sunday, im a little nervous as its about that time in the season where dominant teams prevail yet im unsure who the dominant teams are, noone really stands out like in previous years.

Indy @ Wash -9 - i know indy has struggled, and they have not covered spreads like they used to. but i feel that after a rest peyton and the gang will come out firing and post up points like crazy!

Philly@ TB -5 well the eagles are my team and i have faith that they will destroy TB even though tb has been playing well.

Arizona@ OAK -3 this is one of the only game analysts have said Oak has a chance at winning. yet cards played very well against chi except for the last 10 min. and i am convinced the new Lienart to Boldin connection will be great

other games to come tommrow. lets here some feedback

soleus
10-20-2006, 05:12 PM

$200 on Philly -3 @ NO
$200 on Cinci -5@ TB

now it is time to pray

You didnt pray hard enough! Poor bastard. Robbed with the Cinci bet. I feel for ya.

I am taking the Panthers @ $2.50
Chargers -5.5 $1.85
Eagles $1.38
Patriots $1.38

$100 @ 8.81

I will be praying

bigbridrol
10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
You didnt pray hard enough! Poor bastard. Robbed with the Cinci bet. I feel for ya.

I am taking the Panthers @ $2.50
Chargers -5.5 $1.85
Eagles $1.38
Patriots $1.38

$100 @ 8.81

I will be praying

good to get some new faces in here. im confused what are ur bets exaclty. is that $185 and 138 or what? and also whats 100 @8.8 mean. sorry for my ignorance

soleus
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Betting is a little different in Australia for NFL

At the handicap of minus 5.5 points it will pay $1.85. So for example, if i put $100 on the Chargers and they win by more than 6 points i win $185 (profit of $85)

Eagles and Pats both paying $1.38 to win.
Panthers $2.50 to win

Therefore with my all up bet (called a multi bet in Australia)

1.38 x 1.38 x 1.85 x 2.50 = $8.81

Put 100 on that and IF it wins i get back $881

zahriya
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM

ouch this is why i dont bet ever...hope u didnt make those bets bro!

Cdem
10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
ok well its almost sunday again, my fav day. first id like to say CDEM im pissed u didnt tell me about ur predictions contest earlier, i love that sh*t.
second lets get u guys pickin games again, is anyone still betting? (kyle, saw, cdem, where u guys been)

third, my pics for sunday, im a little nervous as its about that time in the season where dominant teams prevail yet im unsure who the dominant teams are, noone really stands out like in previous years.

Indy @ Wash -9 - i know indy has struggled, and they have not covered spreads like they used to. but i feel that after a rest peyton and the gang will come out firing and post up points like crazy!

Philly@ TB -5 well the eagles are my team and i have faith that they will destroy TB even though tb has been playing well.

Arizona@ OAK -3 this is one of the only game analysts have said Oak has a chance at winning. yet cards played very well against chi except for the last 10 min. and i am convinced the new Lienart to Boldin connection will be great

other games to come tommrow. lets here some feedback

the game is in my profile lol..you can always start now, at the end i'm going to do a winner for most games won and winning % winner. plus imma do somthing special for playoff games, haven't figured out what yet.

i took a pretty bad hit last week with games..i haven't looked at the spreads yet, but i might make a few bets, nothing big this week, unless i see somthing i really like. i'll take a look at it tomorrow.

bigbridrol
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
the game is in my profile lol..you can always start now, at the end i'm going to do a winner for most games won and winning % winner. plus imma do somthing special for playoff games, haven't figured out what yet.

i took a pretty bad hit last week with games..i haven't looked at the spreads yet, but i might make a few bets, nothing big this week, unless i see somthing i really like. i'll take a look at it tomorrow.

ok good. lets get back to discussin picks again. i just got a large influx of money and im ready to gamble it all away...

soleus
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Take the panthers over Cinci...paying good odds

bigbridrol
10-21-2006, 05:06 PM
LSU over fresno -32... any opinions?

bigbridrol
10-22-2006, 08:43 AM
LSU over fresno -32... any opinions?

an F'N PUSH wtf. they were on the 3 yd line at the end, one more TD would have won it.

oh well its SUNDAY BABY

Cdem
10-22-2006, 08:49 AM
i'm thinkin maybe chiefs, bengals, bucs.

bigbridrol
10-22-2006, 08:55 AM

ahh i could never bet against my team

Cdem
10-22-2006, 08:56 AM
if you notice..all home teams in the situation there in.

bucs over eagles is ballsy, but lately..i could play qb against the eagles pass d.

Cdem
10-22-2006, 01:23 PM
went 4-0 :]

bigbridrol
10-22-2006, 02:00 PM
went 4-0 :]

good job man. ur picks looked ballsy, but looks like u know what ur doin.

me on the other hand. i want to kill myself after that birds game

Cdem
10-22-2006, 02:12 PM
good job man. ur picks looked ballsy, but looks like u know what ur doin.

me on the other hand. i want to kill myself after that birds game

lol..i had already had that game won, cause i had tampa at +6.5. but the 62 yard field goal was a nice ending. haha

soleus
10-22-2006, 03:11 PM

You would have gotten great odds for those 3 games.

I got screwed with my tips.

Cdem
10-22-2006, 05:06 PM
i won all of my bets this week..including my 6 team 7point teaser...wow great week for me.. +400

howd you do bigbridrol?

bigbridrol
10-22-2006, 05:17 PM
i had a NE and colts tease +100
colts and over tease +100
Ari and phil tease -110
phil and car tease -110

so -20 hah oh well. nice job on the +400 i shoulda taken ur bets. i just love bettin on my team and its gettin me in trouble

Cdem
10-22-2006, 05:41 PM
i had a NE and colts tease +100
colts and over tease +100
Ari and phil tease -110
phil and car tease -110

so -20 hah oh well. nice job on the +400 i shoulda taken ur bets. i just love bettin on my team and its gettin me in trouble

yeah..i love bettin on my fav team to, but i'm a niners fan, so it's not often that i like there spreads and or think they will win.

kyleTX
10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
dun deh dun dunnnnnn (my mnf attempt)

G-Men moneyline (+150)

Cdem
10-23-2006, 03:46 PM
dun deh dun dunnnnnn (my mnf attempt)

G-Men moneyline (+150)

throwing away the 3 points for money line huh? i like the giants too...but i'm having a debate right now with my brother on who will win..hes hooked on the cowboys, because its there last home game until they go on the road for 3 weeks. owens is 5-0 against the giants, home teams have covered every monday night football game since wk 1.

i on the other hand..hate bledsoe. i think if the giants defense can pressure bledsoe, giants will win. i'm definitly gonna take the under, still on the fence about the winner.

bigbridrol
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
im thinking of teasing the giants to +10 and the over.

although i have julius jones on my fantasy team and my opponent has tiki barber and im only up a few points. should be a great game

kyleTX
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
im thinking of teasing the giants to +10 and the over.

although i have julius jones on my fantasy team and my opponent has tiki barber and im only up a few points. should be a great game

nice about the fantasy. I have Plaxico and my opponent has Shockey and we're tied!

the more I look at the game the more I think the boyz might take it. I can't pass up the giants at +150 though. When bledsoe is good, he's great. But when he struggles, he's horrid! I'll hope for the latter.

bigbridrol
10-23-2006, 04:30 PM
nice about the fantasy. I have Plaxico and my opponent has Shockey and we're tied!

the more I look at the game the more I think the boyz might take it. I can't pass up the giants at +150 though. When bledsoe is good, he's great. But when he struggles, he's horrid! I'll hope for the latter.

damn we both are gonna have crazy finishes for fantasy tonight

bigbridrol
10-26-2006, 09:37 AM
i gotta run but what do u guys think about clemson at -4.5 @ vatech tonight??

clemson has been money for me all year

also lock of the week BYU this saturday.

kyleTX
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM

agree with byu... what's the word on clemson's running back? he was 50/50 to play last time I checked. that would be a huge factor since he's averaging 120 yds/game with 16 td's

Cdem
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM

what's your line for BYU? i got -9

bigbridrol
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM

Cdem
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
i just talked to my brother..he's hung on vtec +4.5

kyleTX
10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I took vtech (+5) and the under (43). I'll post my saturday picks later...

who are you guys liking besides byu? I got northwestern at +34, its dropped to +30 since. Also like wisconsin alot this week, they havent lost against their spread yet this season.

Cdem
10-26-2006, 07:41 PM
good thing i make college bets according to my brother....dude's money

bigbridrol
10-27-2006, 12:58 PM
I took vtech (+5) and the under (43). I'll post my saturday picks later...

who are you guys liking besides byu? I got northwestern at +34, its dropped to +30 since. Also like wisconsin alot this week, they havent lost against their spread yet this season.

good pick on vtech both of u.

general consensus is BYU is a good pick?

Cdem
10-27-2006, 01:10 PM

ummm..i dunno bout byu, my brother is gonna give me his picks tomorrow at like 10. last week he went 4-0. i don't really follow college much so i take his word for it.

kyleTX
10-27-2006, 02:50 PM

I'd say so... air force just lost to arguably the 2nd worst team in ncaa football (san diego st.). I liked the line alot better at -7, but -9 is still tempting.

anyone taking the espn game tonight, tulsa vs. utep.
I'm trying to stay away from ****ty mid-week games, but then I get that gambling itch close to gametime.

bigbridrol
10-28-2006, 03:35 PM
ahh real quick, is does anyone like texas A and M tonight -4.5 at Baylor?

quick its a 7 oclock

Cdem
10-28-2006, 06:37 PM

quick its a 7 oclock

guess i missed that..

the only pick my brother gave me was olk st +4.5...they won outright.. he's like 7-0 this past two weeks lol

kyleTX
10-28-2006, 08:26 PM

quick its a 7 oclock

I'm an aggie, but couldn't take them at the spread... I took the moneyline. baylor plays them tough always... a&m covered the spread off of a late td basically just trying to run out the clock, so good job if you took the spread. I'm just excited my team is 8-1 this year.... insane.

btw I just won a parlay in Overtime, talk about nerve-racking.

who do you guys like for tomorrow? I'm fixin' to make some bets.

bigbridrol
10-29-2006, 07:05 AM
ok lets get these NFL bets rollin in...

i want a big day

bigbridrol
10-29-2006, 07:08 AM
i like indy at +3
and of course the Eagles every week @ -7

sawastea
10-29-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm leaning towards HOU +3 and NYG/TB under 20 1st half.

bigbridrol
10-29-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm leaning towards HOU +3 and NYG/TB under 20 1st half.
ahh ur back in the game, hmm im lookin at the houston game now. after what they did to the jags last week, i like that game. but still the titans arent a bad team

sawastea
10-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Both teams are horrendous. I played NE and NYJ last week and both covered. I took VT on Thur and Tulsa on Fri. Yesterday I took 5 games and ended up 4-1. Let's see how today rolls.

Cdem
10-29-2006, 08:31 AM
i just started looking at the lines..off hand i like the jets +2, imma look into the 1pms a little more.

Cdem
10-29-2006, 10:19 AM
i'm taking Den, Cleve, Bengals and rams

kyleTX
10-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I was too late to bet on the early games... took a parlay for the 3 pm games.

Jets (+3.5)
Jets/Clev (Over 37)
Pitt (moneyline)
Denver (moneyline)
Carolina (-4.5)

bigbridrol
10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
did pretty well today, so im takin rutgers tonight -13 and the over 32 (its a tease)

what u guys think, any info???

kyleTX
10-29-2006, 06:58 PM
did pretty well today, so im takin rutgers tonight -13 and the over 32 (its a tease)

what u guys think, any info???

sorry I didnt see it to respond earlier... but yeah thats a lock.

I took rutgers (-20.5)
carolina (-4.5)
car/dall under 40

Cdem
10-29-2006, 07:09 PM
i took carolina -4.5 for my biggest play of the day.

kyleTX
10-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I took rutgers (-20.5)
carolina (-4.5)
car/dall under 40

wow, hope you guys did better than I did. good thing it was just a parlay.

kyleTX
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
ne or minny, whats it gonna be???

Cdem
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
ne or minny, whats it gonna be???

i'm taking minny moneyline..in hopes of making some $$ this week..i got hit hard with carolina which broke me even for the weekend.

bigbridrol
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah im not bettin tonight bc of my lost last night. and i cant give to much advice bc i didnt do my research on the ne minn game

bigbridrol
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
NBA is back..

anyone like the suns game tonight at LA -4

kyleTX
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm going to take the Suns moneyline, and the Bulls +5.5. Also possibly the ****ty football game on espn2

Garnett
10-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Are the Bulls playing at home or in Miami?

bigbridrol
10-31-2006, 03:31 PM
in miami, kyle, u dont think the suns will cover the spread or soemthin?

kyleTX
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
in miami, kyle, u dont think the suns will cover the spread or soemthin?

just not too sure. seems that both teams are kinda beat-up. The under looks good in this one (209.5)

anyone betting uab vs. smu?

kyleTX
10-31-2006, 04:32 PM
just put these in:

Bulls +4.5
la/phoenix Under 209.5
SMU -5

bigbridrol
10-31-2006, 06:00 PM
ok, i just threw a few hundred bucks on the suns and im really drunk allready. not a good idea to bet when ur drunk u get way to easy to throw around money. nash better come up big or i might have to kill myself

kyleTX
10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
ok, i just threw a few hundred bucks on the suns and im really drunk allready. not a good idea to bet when ur drunk u get way to easy to throw around money. nash better come up big or i might have to kill myself

good luck man, did you take the spread?

kyleTX
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
looks like Kobe is not playing, the lines are going crazy. good bet for you Bigbridrol

bigbridrol
11-01-2006, 04:57 AM
looks like Kobe is not playing, the lines are going crazy. good bet for you Bigbridrol

well i took suns for 200 and the over for 100.

kobe didnt play AND THE SUNS STILL LOST

oh well a net of -100

sawastea
11-01-2006, 05:37 AM
I was going to lay some of Phoenix last night @ -4 AND Miami @ -4.5. Glad I stayed away.

Big game tomorrow in NCAAFB

kyleTX
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Big game tomorrow in NCAAFB

yeah I can't wait... I'm going to make a larger than usual bet on WV. I just think they are the better all around football team. Louisville has certainly slowed down it's ferocious attack in the recent weeks.

kyleTX
11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
thoughts on boise state (-23) vs. fresno state??

I'm taking boise and the over. Fresno state is 0-7 against the spread this year. just a little fun fact.

bigbridrol
11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
i like that game, but i cant be bettin till i get the funds up!

kyleTX
11-01-2006, 04:28 PM
god I am an IDIOT! I accidentilly took fresno state (+23) instead of boise state (-23)!!!!!!!!!

oh well, just a parlay. we'll see what happens

Cdem
11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
thinking about WV tonight

kyleTX
11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
6 point teaser:

WV +7.5
Under 64

Cdem
11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
under looked good too...nice teaser

Cdem
11-05-2006, 07:01 PM
anyone bet this week? i forget about this thread when it dosen't get bumped.

i took colts +3.5 tonight...as for the day games went 2-1..took ravens, lions and lost on the rams.

bigbridrol
11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
anyone bet this week? i forget about this thread when it dosen't get bumped.

i took colts +3.5 tonight...as for the day games went 2-1..took ravens, lions and lost on the rams.

yeah i didnt have any pics this week since i dont have the funds currently. but yeah i liked the colts game to. right now they are up 10.5 with ur spread. nice job!

ROCKCHALK
11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Took the Cheif's +3 and the Cowboys -2.5 on a parlay. Lost on that but made it back with the Colt's +3 and the over 45 1/2.

Cdem
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
tonights game is going to be a ****fest with the weather..the public has bet down the over under from 39, to 34. i think it will drop another point or too. then imma take the over cause i think there will be defense touchdowns and lots of fumbles...might tease it with the hawks..not sure yet, that spread is droping a lot to.

ROCKCHALK
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
tonights game is going to be a ****fest with the weather..the public has bet down the over under from 39, to 34. i think it will drop another point or too. then imma take the over cause i think there will be defense touchdowns and lots of fumbles...might tease it with the hawks..not sure yet, that spread is droping a lot to.
I live in Seattle and the weather is horrible, nonstop hard rain and flooding.

sawastea
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
NJ DEVILS UNDER 6
VERMONT -1
NO -7
NO UNDER 198

I'm leaning towards N. Illinois -12

bigbridrol
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
time to start betting on bball. YAYYY

sawastea
11-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Ohh my...

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/colleges/san_jose_state/15966750.htm

Take it for what it's worth, but SJ STATE +14 doesn't look good. Will they be biting the bullet to lose hard to win their division? I like Boise @ -14 and Navy at -14

Cdem
11-09-2006, 02:11 PM
felt like making some plays tonight..

Louisville -6

maybe BYU as well.

bigbridrol
11-09-2006, 02:37 PM
felt like making some plays tonight..

Louisville -6

maybe BYU as well.

same

edit* damn cdem who repped u, didnt u used to be in the 200's or did i just make that up

Cdem
11-09-2006, 03:32 PM
same

edit* damn cdem who repped u, didnt u used to be in the 200's or did i just make that up

i got repped up in october for photoshoppin stillskinnys sister. skippy and some other people repped me..i was somewhere in the 200's..but i've been around this since then.

edit..i'm on Akron, BYU and Louisville..gonna try and get a nice college football income.

sawastea
11-10-2006, 11:06 AM
i got repped up in october for photoshoppin stillskinnys sister. skippy and some other people repped me..i was somewhere in the 200's..but i've been around this since then.

edit..i'm on Akron, BYU and Louisville..gonna try and get a nice college football income.

****! I should've posted this yesterday. I recd word on a few big sharps putting $$$ on Rutgers. I jumped on them at +7.

Tonight:

Basketball
Denver Nuggets +3.5
ATL/TOR over 95 1st half

Hockey
Ott Senators

College basketball
Kent -14
CS Northridge +2
G Tech -20

GL

Tucker43
11-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Thinking about taking NYJ +10.5
and New Orlean Saints +4

what do you guys think?

I'm new to this whole sports betting thing. So lend me a hand if you would

kyleTX
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Thinking about taking NYJ +10.5
and New Orlean Saints +4

what do you guys think?

I'm new to this whole sports betting thing. So lend me a hand if you would

I like new orleans there as well. if you have any questions about betting, just ask... we're not experts, but we can probably help somewhat

Tucker43
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
I like new orleans there as well. if you have any questions about betting, just ask... we're not experts, but we can probably help somewhat

So if I were to take the NYJ +10.5, and New England were to win by 10, I'd win the bet, correct?

Also if I were to take the Saints +4 and they win by any amount more than 4, I'd win?

kyleTX
11-10-2006, 04:05 PM
So if I were to take the NYJ +10.5, and New England were to win by 10, I'd win the bet, correct?

Also if I were to take the Saints +4 and they win by any amount more than 4, I'd win?

correct about the jets losing by 10, you'll still cover your +10.5. I think you got confused about Saints at +4, they are the underdog so they can still lose by 3 and you'll win, or lose by 4 and you'll push.

Tucker43
11-10-2006, 04:12 PM
correct about the jets losing by 10, you'll still cover your +10.5. I think you got confused about Saints at +4, they are the underdog so they can still lose by 3 and you'll win, or lose by 4 and you'll push.

but what if they win the game, which I'm figuring they will?

kyleTX
11-10-2006, 04:15 PM
but what if they win the game, which I'm figuring they will?

then you will win the bet

think of it in terms of the Saints starting off the game 4-to-zero, since the Steelers are giving them 4 points.

Tucker43
11-10-2006, 04:18 PM
ok gotcha, thanks and repped

kyleTX
11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
taking UTEP (moneyline)

sawastea
11-10-2006, 04:41 PM
taking UTEP (moneyline)

I like it!

Cdem
11-10-2006, 04:54 PM
i got utep +2 and west mich +6.5

bigbridrol
11-11-2006, 04:55 AM
ncaab

Kansas -16
stanford -8.5

nfl
indy -11
no +5.5

Cdem
11-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I came across Dr. Bobs picks. google his name if you don't know who he is. I'm just gonna stick to betting on NFL and maybe bet some of his picks every week. He had Rutgers on thursday and Utep yesterday. I can hook you guys up with these every week if you find them usefull. Oh and by the way, when this guy releases his picks on thursday at 1, some of the lines in his games that he picks will actually move a couple points. i've seen it happen and it's crazy.

Rotation #306 Rutgers (+6 1/2) 3-Stars at +5 or more, 2-Stars from +3 1/2 to +4 1/2, 4-Stars at +7 or more.
Rotation #311 UTEP (+2) 2-Stars at pick or better.
Rotation #326 Boston College (-28) 2-Stars at -28 or less.
Rotation #352 SMU (+5) 3-Stars at +4 or more, 2-Stars at +3 or +3 1/2.
Rotation #372 New Mexico (+8) 4-Stars at +7 or more, 3-Stars from +4 to +6 1/2, 2- Stars at +3 or +3 1/2.
Rotation #376 San Jose State (+14 1/2) 4-Stars at +14 or more, 3-Stars from +12 to +13 1/2, 2-Stars from +10 to +11 1/2.
Rotation #387 Central Florida (+1) 2-Stars at -1 or better, 3-Stars at +2 or more.
Rotation #390 Kansas State (+17) 3-Stars at +16 or more, 2-Stars from +14 to +15 1/2.
Rotation #392 San Diego State (-7 1/2) 2-Stars at -9 or less, 3-Stars at -7 or less.
Rotation #383 Pittsburgh 2-Stars at -7 or less.
PItt did go to -7 and has stayed there at most places, so it will count as a 2-Star officially. 4 Star Selection

Cdem
11-11-2006, 08:22 AM
TCU (-8.0) 24 NEW MEXICO 20
02:30 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
New Mexico has always started slowly and improved as the season progresses under coach Rocky Long and this season is no different. The Lobos started the season with a home loss to Division 1AA Portland State and were 2-4 straight up and 2-3 ATS in their first 6 games before running off 3 straight wins and spread wins with talented freshman Donovan Porterie at quarterback. New Mexico is 19-27 straight up and 15-25-1 ATS in the first 6 games of the season under Long since 1999 and the Lobos are now 29-13 straight up and 32-10 ATS in from game 7 on (regular season), including an incredible 24-1 ATS in their last 25 late season games when not favored by 3 points or more (as favorite of less than 3 or dog). The Lobos’ offense has improved in those 3 games with Porterie at quarterback, averaging 5.5 yards per play against teams that would combine to allow 5.4 yppl to an average attack. That is much better than the -0.9 yppl rating that they had in their first 6 games with two other starting quarterbacks. New Mexico has a solid defense that has allowed 5.0 yppl to teams that would average 5.0 yppl against an average stop unit, so they are about average overall from the line of scrimmage and better than average in special teams. TCU is a good team, rating at 0.1 yppl better than average on offense and 0.8 yppl better than average on defense, but the Horned Frogs are certainly not good enough to be favored by as many points as they are against the improved Lobos. In fact, my math model favors TCU by just 1 ½ points in this game and New Mexico has had an extra week to prepare, which is very advantageous late in the season. The Lobos actually apply to a 40-10-1 ATS late season team off a bye angle and TCU is not that great on the road, going just 7-14 ATS in conference road games under coach Patterson and 2-9 ATS as a road favorite of more than 7 points (0-5 ATS in conference). This one looks good every way you look at it, as we have a strong general situation, supporting team trends and good line value. I’ll take New Mexico in a 4- Star Best Bet at +7 points or more, for 3-Stars from +6 ½ to +4 points and for 2-Stars at +3 ½ or +3 points.

4 Star Selection
****SAN JOSE ST. 24 Boise St. (-14.5) 27
03:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
There is a lot of pressure on unbeaten teams late in the season and usually those teams tend to play not to lose rather than playing to win big. In fact, unbeaten road teams that are 7-0 or better, are just 93-132-4 ATS since 1980 and Boise State actually applies to a very negative 10-48-2 ATS subset of that situation that is 0-17 ATS since 2000. The Broncos applied to that same subset in their lackluster 42-26 win as a 21 point road favorite at Idaho a few weeks ago. San Jose State, meanwhile, applies to a 55- 19-2 ATS late season home underdog momentum situation and the record is a perfect 11-0 ATS if both angles apply to the same game. There are a few other situations favoring San Jose State as well and the Spartans are a pretty decent team. San Jose State has a great running back in Yonus Davis, who has 861 yards at 7.4 ypr this season, and a better than average veteran quarterback in Adam Tafralis (7.1 yards per pass play against teams that would allow 6.8 yppp to an average quarterback). Overall the Spartans are 0.4 yards per play better than average offensively and they are average defensively, allowing 5.1 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.1 yppl against an average defense. Boise State is obviously better on both sides of the ball, rating at 0.8 yppl better than average offensively (with QB Zabransky in the game) and 0.3 yppl better than average defensively. You may notice that San Jose State has a slight advantage on offense over Boise State’s defense, which is important when backing a big home underdog. Overall, my math model favors Boise State by just 10 points in this game and the Spartans lost by just 5 points at Washington earlier this season (when the Huskies had their starting quarterback and were playing well), so they have proven that they can compete with better teams. The Spartans have a very profitable 65% chance of covering at +14 points and I’ll take San Jose State in a 4-Star Best Bet at +14 points or more, for 3-Stars from +12 to +13 ½, and for 2-Stars from +10 to +11 ½ points.

3 Star Selection
***RUTGERS 25 Louisville (-6.5) 21
04:30 PM Pacific, 09-Nov-06
Another battle of unbeaten teams in the Big East and the home team should come out on top again after Louisville beat West Virginia at home last Thursday. Unlike last week, when neither team could stop the other from scoring, Rutgers has a defense that can slow down the Cardinals. The Scarlet Knights have allowed just 4.1 yards per play this season to teams that would combine to average 5.1 yppl against an average team. Louisville has averaged 7.5 yppl (against teams that would allow 5.5 yppl to an average attack) and the Cardinals are obviously the best offensive team that Rutgers has faced this season. However, the Knights did limit a potent Pitt attack to just 10 points on 236 total yards and 4.5 yppl in Pittsburgh, so they are certainly capable of slowing down Louisville today at home. Rutgers isn’t much offensively, averaging just 5.3 yppl (against teams that would allow 5.5 yppl to an average team), but Louisville is just 0.2 yppl better than average defensively (5.0 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.2 yppl), so Rutgers should do a decent job of moving the ball. Where Rutgers has a real advantage is in special teams, which should give them good field position in this game. Overall, my math model favors Louisville by just 2 ½ points in this game and another mathematical tool favors the Cardinals by 4 points. What makes Rutgers a play is not the marginal line value, but rather the situation. Louisville applies to the same negative 9-41-2 ATS unbeaten road team situation that West Virginia applied to last week in their loss at Louisville. Rutgers, meanwhile, applies to a very strong 48-13-1 ATS home underdog momentum situation at +5 or more and a 40-12-1 ATS home dog momentum situation. Also, unbeaten home underdogs (5-0 teams or better) are 24-12-1 ATS since 1980, including 12-5 ATS against an unbeaten visitor, and Rutgers will be playing with a lot of confidence in this game. Louisville hasn’t played nearly as good away from home under coach Bobby Petrino (11-12-1 ATS) as they have at Papa John’s Stadium (15-6 ATS) and the Cardinals are just 2-6 ATS as a favorite away from home against a team with a winning record. Rutgers, meanwhile, is 18-7-1 ATS as an underdog the last 4 years, including 3-0 ATS this season. I’ll take Rutgers in a 3-Star Best Bets at +5 points or more (4-Stars at +7 or more) and for 2-Stars from +3 ½ to +4 ½ points (strong opinion at +3).

3 Star Selection
***SMU 28 Houston (-5.0) 24
12:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
Houston’s big win last week over Tulsa was certainly impressive, but the Cougars were in a very high percentage situation. This week the Cougars are not in a good situation going on the road as a favorite after their upset win over the Hurricanes last week. Houston applies to a negative 95-186-7 ATS road letdown situation while SMU applies to a solid 84-46 ATS situation that plays on dogs coming off a win and a bye week. SMU has had two weeks to prepare for this game and their confidence is no doubt running high given their recent success at home and 5-2 record in their last 7 games overall. The Mustangs have won 6 consecutive home games in which the defense has allowed an average of just 11.2 points and SMU is 11-4 ATS in their last 15 lined games as the host. Not only is SMU in a good situation, but they are also undervalued due to their recent history of bad play. Those days are gone. The Mustangs have an efficient freshman quarterback in Justin Willis, who has completed 71% of this passes with 20 going for touchdowns against just 4 interceptions. Willis doesn’t throw the ball downfield very often and he actually rates as below average on a yards per pass play scale, but the Mustangs’ attack is only 0.3 yards per play worse than average. That unit should perform well against a Houston defense that has been 0.9 yppl worse than average (5.9 yppl allowed to teams that would average just 5.0 yppl against an average team) in 7 games since the Cougars lost their best defensive player, SS Schwartz, in their second game. Houston’s offense makes up for their poor defense by averaging 6.9 yppl (against teams that would allow 6.0 yppl) and senior quarterback Kevin Kolb has thrown just 3 picks in 317 passes this season. The Cougars actually rate even higher on offense now that they’ve converted shifty receiver Anthony Alridge to running back. Alridge has averaged an incredible 11.2 ypr on 51 carries this season and the Houston offense currently rates at 1.2 yppl better than average. SMU is among the best in the nation at defending the run and they’re decent against the pass and the Mustangs rate at 0.3 yppl better than average defensively. SMU has a 2.8 points edge in special teams and my math model favors the Mustangs by ½ a point in this game. The situation favoring SMU only applies for underdogs of 3 points or more, so I’ll take SMU in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more and for 3-Stars at +4 points or more.

Cdem
11-11-2006, 08:23 AM
3 Star Selection
***KANSAS ST. 21 Texas (-17.0) 29
05:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
Texas has only played two true road games all season long and they barely won both of those games (by 2 points at Nebraska and by 4 points at Texas Tech). Texas has been inconsistent with their effort on the defensive side of the ball and this is a game in which I expect the Longhorns to letdown. Texas applies to a negative 17-57-3 ATS road letdown situation while Kansas State has played well in consecutive victories and they qualify in a very good 48-13-1 ATS momentum home underdog situation. There is also a more general 186-95-7 ATS home momentum situation that favors the Wildcats, who are now 69-31 ATS at home since 1990 (4-2 ATS this season). Kansas State has been hit with costly injuries to their secondary, losing top CB Baldwin in game 4 and then S Watts a couple of weeks ago, so the Wildcats have gone from a very good defensive team early this season to a slightly worse than average defense currently. However, Kansas State’s offense has improved in their last 5 games with Josh Freeman at quarterback and Leon Patton as the main running back (413 yards at 6.1 ypr in 5 games as the main back). In those 5 games the Wildcats have averaged 5.8 yppl against teams that would allow 5.3 yppl to an average team. Kansas State has been without their top receiver, Jermaine Moreira the past 2 ½ games, but the pass attack has actually posted better numbers during that span so I felt no need to make an adjustment for that. Texas has only been 0.4 yppl better than average defensively this season, allowing 5.1 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.5 yppl against an average defensive team, and the Longhorns have allowed an average of 429 yards at 6.7 yppl in their two games as the visitor (against Nebraska and Texas Tech offensive units that would combine to average 6.6 yppl at home against an average team). My math model favors Texas by 14 ½ points and the Longhorns are due for a letdown. I’ll take Kansas State in a 3-Star Best Bet at +16 points or more and for 2-Stars from +15 ½ to +14 points.

2 Star Selection
**Texas El Paso 27 UAB (-2.0) 21
05:00 PM Pacific, 10-Nov-06
The Miners have now lost 3 straight games, the last of which was an upset home loss as an 8 ½ point favorite against Rice last week. That loss should result in a turnaround this week as UTEP applies to a very strong 57-10 ATS road bounce-back situation - as long as they are pick or an underdog. It helps that UTEP is the better team in this game, as the Miners rate considerably higher on both sides of the ball. El Paso is 0.2 yards per play better than average on offense (5.9 yppl against teams that would allow 5.7 yppl to an average team) and 0.2 yppl worse than average on defense (5.6 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.4 yppl against an average defense). UAB, meanwhile, is 0.7 yppl worse than average with quarterback Chris Williams in the game and the Blazers are 0.6 yppl worse than average defensively (5.7 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.1 yppl against an average team). My math model favors UTEP by 5 points in this game and the situation favoring the Miners applies at pick or dog, so I’ll take Texas El Paso in a 2-Star Best Bet at pick or as an underdog (3-Stars at +3 or more).

2 Star Selection
**BOSTON COLLEGE (-28.0) 42 Duke 6
04:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
Boston College is coming off a loss at Wake Forest and the Eagles will be looking to take out their frustrations on the lowly Blue Devils today. Boston College is 21-9 ATS after a conference loss in 10 years under coach Tom O’Brien (19-5 ATS last 24) and O’Brien rarely shows mercy at home against out-manned conference foes, going 10-1 ATS hosting conference opponents with losing records during his tenure. Boston College also applies to a 60-23 ATS big home favorite bounce-back situation as long as they are favored by 28 points or less and my math model favors the Eagles by 36 ½ points. The Eagles are 9-3-1 ATS as a favorite of 20 points or more, so they usually get the money as a big favorite, but I’ll only play BC as a Best Bet if the 60-23 ATS situation applies. I’ll take Boston College in a 2-Star Best Bet at -28 points or less and I’ll consider the Eagles a Strong Opinion at -31 or less.

2 Star Selection
**Central Florida 34 MEMPHIS (-1.0) 26
05:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
I’ve been going against both of these teams this season but Central Florida is improving while Memphis is getting worse. UCF coach George O’Leary has started Kyle Israel at quarterback the last 3 games and the offense has responded by averaging 5.9 yards per play in those games (against teams that would allow 5.9 yppl to an average team). An average attack is an improvement for the Golden Knights and Israel should have a huge day attacking a Memphis secondary that has allowed 8.0 yards per pass play this season (to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yppp against an average defense). The Tigers were without 3 time All-Conference S Wesley Smith for 2 of those games, including last week, but Smith is expected to play this week and Memphis is a bit better when he’s been in (but still 2.4 yppp worse than average). Overall the Tigers are 1.2 yppl worse than average defensively, so Central Florida should move the ball very well. The Memphis offense is only 0.4 yppl worse than average and they have an advantage over a Central Florida defense that is 0.8 yppl worse than average (6.4 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.6 yppl against an average team). However, that 0.4 yppl advantage by the Memphis offense is far less than the 1.2 yppl advantage that the Knights have over the Tigers’ defense. Central Florida also has better special teams and my math model favors the Knights by 7 points in this game. UCF would also apply to a solid 51-26-2 ATS bounce- back situation if they are an underdog or pick and I’ll take Central Florida in a 2- Star Best Bet at -1 or better and for 3-Stars at +2 or more.

2 Star Selection
**SAN DIEGO ST. (-7.5) 32 UNLV 16
06:00 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
San Diego State was horrible early in the season under new coach Chuck Long, but the Aztecs are showing signs of life on both sides of the ball lately. The offense has averaged only 4.8 yards per play this season (against teams that would allow 5.2 yppl to an average team), but the Aztecs rate at 0.4 yppl better than average with their current offensive lineup. The difference is having Atiyyah Henderson at tailback since their 3rd game (601 yards at 5.1 ypr in 6 games as the main back) and having redshirt freshman Kevin Craft at quarterback the last 4 games, in which he’s averaged 6.1 yards per pass play against teams that would combine to allow just 5.6 yppp to an average quarterback. Craft replaced the ineffective Darren Mougey, who took over in game 2 after veteran starter Kevin O’Connell was injured in the opener. O’Connell returned last week and threw 6 passes for 94 yards and has completed 16 of his 20 passes this season. O’Connell and Craft will both play and I expect both to have success against a porous UNLV secondary that has allowed 7.8 yppp this season to teams that would average 6.5 yppp against an average team. UNLV is 0.6 yppl worse than average overall defensively, and my math model forecasts 414 yards at 6.6 yppl for the Aztecs in this game. UNLV will have a tough time keeping up with an attack that rates at 1.0 yppl worse than average with Rocky Hinds behind center (the much more effective Shane Steichen was hurt a few weeks ago and is out for the season). San Diego State’s defense has allowed only 4.5 yppl in their last 3 games and they are now just 0.2 yppl worse than average for the season on defense, so the Aztecs have a huge edge when UNLV has the ball too. The Rebels do have a 1.5 points edge in special teams but the math favors San Diego State by 16 ½ points. I’ll take San Diego State in a 2-Star Best Bet at -9 points or less and for 3-Stars at -7 or less (strong opinion at -9 ½ or -10).

Cdem
11-11-2006, 08:24 AM
2-Star Best Bet
**Pittsburgh (-7) 28 CONNECTICUT 14
12:30 PM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
Pittsburgh has lost two consecutive games to good defensive teams Rutgers and South Florida, and those losses have led to some line value on their side entering this game. The Panthers are still a very good team that has averaged 6.5 yards per play on offense (against teams that would allow 5.6 yppl to an average team) while allowing just 4.6 yppl (to teams that would combine to average 5.0 yppl against an average defense). Connecticut, meanwhile, is 0.6 yppl worse than average on offense and 0.1 yppl worse than average on defense and the Panthers have beaten mediocre teams pretty easily this season. My math model favors Pitt by 16 points in this game but conference road favorites of more than 7 points that are coming off back-to-back losses are not good bets historically against a team with the revenge motive (45-76-2 ATS), so I will insist on only making Pitt a 2-Star Best Bet at -7 points or less. The situation against Pittsburgh is not strong enough to keep me from favoring the Panthers to cover in this game. Strong Opinion
Navy (-14.0) 32 Eastern Mich 14 (at Detroit)
10:00 AM Pacific, 11-Nov-06
Navy has always been a good bet away from home and the Midshipmen are now 35-8-1 ATS in regular season road or neutral games against teams with losing records after whipping Duke last Saturday. Navy can’t throw the ball at all out of their option without injured starter Brian Hampton, but the Middies should have no trouble running their option attack against an Eastern Michigan defense that is decent defending the pass (which means very little in this game), but are horrible against the run (5.4 yards per rushing play allowed to teams that would combine to average 4.6 yprp against an average defensive team). My math model favors Navy by 14 points, so there really isn’t much line value, but I’ll consider Navy a Strong Opinion at -14 points or less based on their very profitable history in this role

bigbridrol
11-11-2006, 08:30 AM
ahh very good info cdem!

jms944
11-11-2006, 08:43 AM
gamblers ehh, i bet a little how do you guys do??? and thats some good info right above

kyleTX
11-11-2006, 09:57 AM
thanks for posting dr. bob's picks Cdem. I usually read them off another forum, but we should defintitely post them around here week-to-week. Not sure if you've noticed, but the lines actually move 2-3 points based on Dr. Bob's picks by themselves! Talk about demanding some respect.

bigbridrol
11-11-2006, 12:53 PM
thanks for posting dr. bob's picks Cdem. I usually read them off another forum, but we should defintitely post them around here week-to-week. Not sure if you've noticed, but the lines actually move 2-3 points based on Dr. Bob's picks by themselves! Talk about demanding some respect.

IMO i dont think i beleive they move that much. there are plenty of big name pickers out there. they prob just move because he picks games lots of pple like which drives spreads up.

I follow brandon langs picks a lot, his are pretty good soemtimes

a spread moving 3 points in general is a lot, now a spread moving by 3 points bc of one person seems unlikely. all my opinion of course

Cdem
11-11-2006, 01:20 PM
imma pay attention to exactly when he releases his picks and the lines next week. i've heard he does move lines within 15minutes of his picks being released.

Cdem
11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
i'm on cards, steelers, dolphins

sawastea
11-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Definitely post Dr. Bob's picks. ACE-ACE is another person who moves these lines.

TimoteoS
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Today I had 20 times on each.
Chiefs + 1
Chargers -1 1/2

Im hoping the chargers pull it off, I break even. I really need some damn money though, whose everyone taking tonight Bears or Giants?