PDA

View Full Version : that pizza does look pretty good....

kain06
09-10-2006, 07:14 AM
k i woke up this morning and to my suprise there were 3 slices of pizza just sitting there on the stove. I have managed to keep away from the junk foods lying around my house, since I am currently living at home with my family, although I couldn't resist. There was a mad hole in my stomach and I knew that cottage cheese wouldn't keep me satiated. I scanned the kitchen area in the dim light of the morning, making sure nobody was in sight or sound. I went in for the kill. I ate two slices..... Oh ****...... I knew I was done for. I had just set the stage for a mad binge. I followed up with 2 peanut butter sandwiches, a bag of chips, some popcorn, pretzels, and a cherry coke. Noooooo!!! The pain I felt afterwards of knowing that I had cancelled out all my hard work the past couple days was devestating. I felt just about as bad as Phil Mickelson on the 18th hole of the U.S Open. It took me a while, but I finally forgave myself, and then moved on ahead towards my goal. I realized that I was just human, and that I commited something that is common, yet seldom talked about. I am writing this as a reminder to all of those who have fallen down, yet have failed to get back on the horse. You have only failed when you have failed to move on.

new2lifting
09-10-2006, 07:44 AM
yea I'm going to eat half of a medium pizza today also
sharing it with my brother as we watch the football game

this is also going to be my pre-workout meal, since I am going to the gym after the game

just add it into your daily calories

overall you need a caloric deficit to lose weight
so add it in to your caloric totals for the day

half of a medium pizza = 900 calories

your meal:

3 slices of pizza 650
2 peanut butter sandwiches 700 calories
a bag of chips 100
some popcorn 100
pretzels 100
cherry coke. 150
------------------------------------------
1800 calories

this of coarse is assuming modest portion sizes

next time just eat the pizza, and not the rest of the junk

think about overall caloric intake
if you are going to eat junk,, log it into your fitday journal
but don't let that few slices of pizza send you into a binging frenzy

www.fitday.com

pretty cool program
does weekly/monthly averages of calories

and its free

XtremeBody510
09-10-2006, 08:09 AM
You Know What U Do...go To The Gym And Bust Your Ass Big Time...youll Feel Much Better

amjzzz
09-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Binging is brain chemistry, it has little to do with hunger. (I just wanted to say that :) )

whatnow5
09-10-2006, 10:29 AM
how do you do that? I never understood that, I used to eat a lot of crap when I was younger, but never all in one sitting like that. I could never do that to myself.

new2lifting
09-10-2006, 10:34 AM
how do you do that? I never understood that, I used to eat a lot of crap when I was younger, but never all in one sitting like that. I could never do that to myself.

I can't say much
I have downed an extra large pizza in one sitting chased it with 2 liter of regular soda
thats like 4000 calories in a 2 hour window

that was a regular thing in the not so distant past

gave up the regular sodas 18 months ago
that was the best move I ever made

As far as the junk food, I have learned smaller portions make all the difference in the world
I log everything into fitday religiously
one thing fitday will do is give you an idea of just how dense in calories these junk foods are
so you can't eat them all the time if you want to stay within your caloric goals

I used to drink 5 cans of regular dr. pepper a day

now it is all diet drinks

JediMindTricks
09-10-2006, 10:36 AM
That was a hilarious story dude hahahaha. Damn I haven't had pizza in like 4 months.

kain06
09-10-2006, 10:40 AM
to answer your question Whatnow5 it's quite easy to do when you go balls out with your training. Your body is craving extra calories to support the demands of working out hard, so anybody who truly lifts hard in the gym should understand. Also, junk food is empty calories so its easy to eat more of that **** than the same amount of, say, oatmeal. I might just run a bulk here at home until I move out in a month because i find it MUCH easier to stick with my diet when there is only good diet foods lying around the house.

CelticDeath
09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Pizza is my weakness, too. My daughter suggested we go out for pizza this past Friday, which I quickly responded "I don't want pizza!" Pizza is a big weakness, and a big no-no (at least for me).

DJohnson
09-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Binging is chemically addictive due to release of addictive chemicals when the food is consumed. You're probably better in the long run if you keep each meal to under 1000kcal and then wait 3 hours and have another cheat meal if it is what you want.

Fat Balls
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Tonight is Little Caesar's night with my wife. I will consume an entire $5 large. 2,000 calories. :) Not a problem, and not a big deal.

numinix
09-10-2006, 03:11 PM
If you eat 6 meals a day just convince yourself there is another meal coming pretty soon, so why binge...?

Bignbuff
09-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I feel your pain man.

Last night for the OSU vs. Texas game me and some of my roomates ordered 3 medium pizzas from Dominos (the 5-5-5 deal). I ended up eating a total of 6 slices and felt terribly about it. To make up for it, I opted not to drink last night and just had some Vault Zero with my binge.

I went for a run today though and it made me feel much better about myself.

Sometimes it's just too tough to resist eating some pizza, chips and dip, etc. when everyone else it doing it (especially during football season). The key is putting it behind you and making up for it.

Tomek
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Entertaining read bro.

I got a bit of pattern with my clean eating to binging.. i eat clean for as long as i can usually 2 weeks.. I usually never get of the eating but something other in my life causes me to get off the diet and binge, once this happens it's an all out all day frenzy which usually lasts a few days.. lol.. i just got out of a 5 day binge! Im telling you it is not pretty, at least i know now that i won't be in that uncomfortable position for a long while!

MASTER175
09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
If you eat 6 meals a day just convince yourself there is another meal coming pretty soon, so why binge...?
I think its a mind thing, once you satify your self, the brain wants more.
anyways 20min ago i ate 4 slices of pizza, and less than 2min ago I ate a whole chocolate bar( a big hershey's bar), and i didnt even realize it until reading this thread, good thing i'm bulking

EMISGOD
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Sometimes it's just too tough to resist eating some pizza, chips and dip, etc. when everyone else it doing it (especially during football season). The key is putting it behind you and making up for it.

Football season's a bitch. Guinness, hot wings, **** all...LOL

I also cheated yesterday and Friday. On Friday, I had an entire bottle of Mt. Dew and yesterday, half a bottle of Coke and 2 of those dinky little Dove bars...oh ****, and today, the rest of the bottle...guess that's 3 days consecutive cheating...

One thing I have found, though, putting a heavy Leg workout on Sundays really seems to do a number on the football food...

qwertyuiop753
09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Entertaining read bro.

I got a bit of pattern with my clean eating to binging.. i eat clean for as long as i can usually 2 weeks.. I usually never get of the eating but something other in my life causes me to get off the diet and binge, once this happens it's an all out all day frenzy which usually lasts a few days.. lol.. i just got out of a 5 day binge! Im telling you it is not pretty, at least i know now that i won't be in that uncomfortable position for a long while!

Kinda the same way here man. If I have one cheat meal during the day, I am like oh well, I have already ****ed up, why not do what I want. That leads to eating junk for the rest of the day.

iladelph
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM
In the least, hit the gym and turn those slices of pizza into muscle building fuel. Next day just get back on track... We all slip up every now and then. I personally love pizza.

mpipes
09-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Kinda the same way here man. If I have one cheat meal during the day, I am like oh well, I have already ****ed up, why not do what I want. That leads to eating junk for the rest of the day.

That's why I save the goodies for dinner or dessert. I can plow through the junkfood and be done with it for the night. The morning is a new day and I get to start fresh back on the plan.

Last night I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting but I feel worse about what I did today, not eating anything at all between breakfast (6am - oats, eggs, banana) and dinner (6pm - ground turkey breast, stringbeans, corn).

kyred
09-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Pizza....*drools*

Pizza is my number one junk addiction. Tacos are an addiction but I can keep them to a minimum and they're relatively healthy compared to pizzas.

But man....I remember back in my sophomore year in college, I had gotten the Friends DVD sets to watch over the course of vacation. My hobby would be doing a marathon with a family size pizza and a 2 liter bottle of coke. Whoa man. I'm not gonna lie- that still sounds tempting. I plan to celebrate with that when I finally reach my BF% goal. Just one day though. Haha.

sweet_sox
09-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Well i have noticed that when i have a cheat meal it genrally makes me lose weight beleive it or not i dont care. I will not do an all out binge but one meal will be bad food. I dont know what it is but everytime i do it makes me lose weight. It got me pasts a point i have been stuck at for ages. I would not recommend it though as it probably wont work for most people and even im not willing to do it on purpose as it might not work everytime.

Pizza is absolute number one on my list of things to eat when im at my goal weight. Of course im gonna feel bad aftereating it cause i will be thinking im gonna put all the weight ive lost back on but its gonna take me awhile to get to my goal weight so my diet and excersize routine should just be natural.

quest55720
09-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Don't feel to bad I am going crazy tonight my favorite team the vikings are on monday night football. I am going to get wasted and eat as much crap as I want. I have lost 65 pounds this year I think I have earned a night of crazyness.

mpipes
09-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Well i have noticed that when i have a cheat meal it genrally makes me lose weight beleive it or not i dont care. I will not do an all out binge but one meal will be bad food. I dont know what it is but everytime i do it makes me lose weight. It got me pasts a point i have been stuck at for ages. I would not recommend it though as it probably wont work for most people and even im not willing to do it on purpose as it might not work everytime.

It's not that uncommon. I used to be the same way. I'd go for months without a sliver of junkfood and was losing weight at a pretty good pace, then I'd let loose over a weekend and relax a bit, come Monday weigh-in I'd expect to have a couple extra pounds but always lost a couple more despite eating goodies. It's a pretty cool feeling actually, knowing you can eat something you really want and not have any ill effects because of it. As long as it doesn't become habit again, you're OK.