PDA

View Full Version : Been two weeks

Rolandb1963
01-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Well all it's been two weeks since I started back training and I'm loving it. Lost 5 pounds since I started and am feeling my muscles responding already. I had my fitness evaluated and was not impressed. I plan on going back in 12 weeks to be re-evaluated. My stats were,

BF 35.9%
Waist 41
Bi's 15.5
Chest 46
Quad's 23.5
Calves 16

Not to impressive but working on it and will get the results!
Lots of fat to lose I think I do actually have muscle under the fat...lol...will find out soon. :^)
The routine I'm using is,
Mon - cardio and abs
Tue - chest and tri's
Wed - back and bi's
Thur - legs and shoulders
Fri - cardio and abs again

It seems to be working well so far, but would appreciate any advice or suggestions for improvement.

Well will keep you all updated, and thanks for the support.

Rolandb1963

MiloMan
01-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Rolandb1963
any advice or suggestions
The most important advice you can follow:

Don't quit.

TrishB
01-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Why not put the cardio inbetween your lifting? That will give your muscles a break for a day, especially where you are using upper body each workout.
So do cardio on Tues and Thurs and weights on Mon, Wed, Fri?

Keep up the great work! :)

back2it
01-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Like Milo man said don't quit . Keep exercising , trying to gain muscle and keep on top of food intake .As long as you don't try to lose fat too fast you will have enough energy to stick with it . Desired results come from hard work .

TwoWalks
01-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Roland great beginnings: I agree with every one so far: Rule number 1 don't quit - Rule number 2, give the body plenty of recovery time, as Trish said: Monday Wed Friday workout with Tuesday Thursday cardio allows more recovery time and allows the muscle to mend. You are not only letting the muscle recover but also all your physical outputs.

KEEP IT UP

Rolandb1963
01-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the advise and support. Trish and Twowalks, I would do as you say but my gym hours don't work out for me to split like you two have suggested, the gym opens later on Mon and Fri which doesn't allow me to finish my workout before having to leave for work, so I do cardio these two days as it doesn't take as long.
Keep them coming.

Rolandb1963

TwoWalks
01-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Schedule is number one too always work around, good reasoning there.

Every so often you should change your workouts around so with that schedule you might for a change up look at:
Monday cardio
Tuesday upper body
wed cardio
Thursday lower body
Friday cardio

TrishB
01-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Roland....sounds like you are making sure you get done what needs to be done.
I am lucky that my gym opens at 430am every day....so I can get there everyday before work.
If I had to go any other time, I know I would be skipping it more than I would go.

What kind of a diet are you doing?

Rolandb1963
01-21-2003, 05:59 AM
Hi TrishB,

I am cutting down on my carbs right now and have eliminated breads and pastas, not to the stage Keto but getting ready for it. I am going to do a Keto diet for the first two weeks in Feb, right now I am not that concerned just watching closely.

Rolandb1963