PDA

View Full Version : Challenge - Hibiscus09

Hibiscus09
01-17-2003, 02:41 PM
A lot of you already know I'm keeping a journal in the female bodybuilding section of this board. I thought (well, actually, the original thought came from TwoWalks!) I'd better put up a thread over here so everyone could know I'm doing the challenge with you guys!

Start Date: January 6, 2003

Current stats: Weight = 125 (Yuck!)
Body Fat = 21% (Double Yuck! That happened since Thanksgiving! Well, actually, Halloween!)
Boobs = 36" (I added these to make me feel
better)
Waist = 26"
Hips = 37"
Thighs = 22" (I'm too short for all of that!)
Height = 5'4" (almost)

Goals: Weight = around 118
Body Fat = 16%
Boobs = they need to stay where they are. (Ha)
Waist = 24 1/2 to 25"
Hips = 35"
Thighs = 20" (I wish)
Height = 5'4" (I don't expect this to change. Lol)

I'm using Body for Life to do my nutrition & exercise plans. I have been switching up the exercises some because I don't like to do the same thing all the time. Anyway, I'll check in here every once in a while to let you know how I'm progressing!

little lats
01-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Well that looks Good. Remember the bigger the boobs the smaller the gut looks. :D

Hibiscus09
01-17-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm more concerned about the J Lo behind -- it keeps growing & growing.

Gollum
01-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
I'm more concerned about the J Lo behind -- it keeps growing & growing.

And this is a problem?

:D

Hibiscus09
01-17-2003, 03:29 PM
It won't be in 11 more weeks!

TwoWalks
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
My Lady glad you are on the main page now. :) heehee, don't happen often but I had a good idea for a change.

Macattack
01-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Ummmmmm i like your J Low behind, think you should keep Dat:)

Hibiscus09
01-17-2003, 07:45 PM
TwoWalks, thanks for helping me out -- I need it. Lol

Thanks, Mac! :) I don't think much of it will go away. It was there when I had lower bodyfat also!

tracyb555
01-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear you are joining us. I'll have to check out your other posts. Is this your first try with BFL? How do you like it so far? Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hibiscus09
01-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Tracy,

Thanks!

I like BFL a lot because the plan has the kinds of food I like. I've also been kicking my butt doing the workouts! I am switching up exercises, though, because I can't do the same thing each time. I was used to doing 2 bodyparts per workout but I'd let myself get kind of out of shape so I'll go back to the upper body/lower body thing while I'm on this challenge.

I did early measurements today, even though I was going to wait until Day 28. :) My weight is down to 123.6, my bodyfat is down 1.5%, my waist is 3/4 inches smaller, my hips are 1/2" smaller & my thighs are 1/4" smaller. I was happy! Isn't it funny, though, how the places you want it to go from the most are the places it goes from the least? Lol

Gollum
01-18-2003, 06:18 AM
Good for you,Hibiscus!Great progress already!

(Dont lose the butt)

Seeya on day 28!

Hibiscus09
01-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Thanks Gollum! :)

TwoWalks
01-18-2003, 08:18 AM
:D jumping up and down :D I knew it, I knew it ... and there is still 10 weeks to go. Look out 16% My Lady commeth and she is going to step all over you :)

Hibiscus09
01-18-2003, 08:48 AM
I have been doing my little victory dance this morning -- I used to do it when I made A's in college! :) Thanks, TwoWalks!

TrishB
01-18-2003, 09:24 AM
WooHoo.....Great progress Hibiscus!!! :)
This just gets you even more motivated to keep on going. :)

Hibiscus09
01-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Thanks, Trish!

TwoWalks
01-18-2003, 10:40 AM
I have been doing my little victory dance this morning -- I used to do it when I made A's in college! :) Thanks, TwoWalks!

:) I can understand that feeling very well: I also went to college at 38yrs - 42yrs and graduated: Not always a big deal, but I was a high school drop out so it was a REALLY BIG DEAL for me.

Seen your GPA awsome work in College as well as in life:)

kendo
01-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Good job Hib just keep going and take you time!

Hibiscus09
01-18-2003, 12:36 PM
TwoWalks -- it is a big deal! Congrats to you too!

Thanks, Kendo! :)

funtobeme
01-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi Hibiscus,

I've heard all the talk about bfl and am wondering has anyone done it for the full 12 weeks and if so, has anyone done it that wasn't in good shape and really had results?

I saw your pics and I know you are trying to lose 7lbs and some body fat, but I think you look great now.

I am about 30 lbs overweight and really want to do this with someone. I am planning on doing it with my hubby, but I would love to talk to someone that has done this and really believes in it.

Anyone with support or advice, I'd be greatful.

Thanks all

TwoWalks
01-18-2003, 07:44 PM
funtobeme: There are a number of folks on here that have done it for the twelve weeks. I just completed my first twelve weeks of it, two weeks ago. If you look on Challenge-TwoWalks, you will see the two week picture, eight week picture and 11 picture. I started out over 33% body fat and lost 30#'s of body fat, dropping the scale weight from 239 to 219 in 11 weeks.

funtobeme
01-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey TwoWalks,

I didn't look at your pics yet, but congrats on your weight loss!!!!

How did you find it and what type of shape were you in before you started? I really don't want to get into a fad diet and be disappointed, I really want to make a change! I just don't know which way to go. I bought the book and find it a little vague as far as what you can eat. He doesn't say anything about condiments, low-fat dressings, red sauce, etc.... I called the number and one person told me to stay away from those things and I thought that sounds nuts and I called back and the next person told me low-fat was okay but to just watch the number of calories. Do you do your workouts in the morning or evening?

Just looking for that inspiration and another first-timer to share things with.

Thanks TwoSteps
OOps, I just realized I spelt that wrong, I guess I have step class on my mind!!! It's a blonde thing.

Hibiscus09
01-19-2003, 05:21 AM
funtobeme, listen to "TwoSteps"! :) He really does know what he's talking about -- his pix tell it all.

As for me, when I first started working out I did a program that was exactly like Body For Life at my old gym. They had me eating the same way as Bill Phillips says -- even the protein shakes. At the time I was around 32 years old, weighed 114lbs & had 28% bodyfat. At the end of the 12 weeks I weighed 118lbs & had 18% bodyfat. My body looked a hundred times better with the lower bodyfat. I did not look overly muscular at the end of the program as I had absolutely zero muscle when I started it! :)

You really should try this -- I can tell it's starting to work already! The important thing is, once you start, don't quit!!! Make it to the end of the 12 weeks. Also, start a thread on here and we'll try to answer any questions that you have as you go along!

Thanks for the compliment! :)

TwoWalks
01-19-2003, 06:53 AM
My condition when I started was three months from being 57 with 20 years since having worked out. Filled those year with physical abuse, drugs, alcohol and self pity. ... my physcical shape was pretty bad.

Tell you what, if you start a thread "BFL Questions" I will answer anything I can in depth, I don't want to fill Hibiscus's challenge thread with my dribble:)

Hibiscus09
01-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Icequeen! :) You're doing great too! Can't wait to see the pictures from your competition!

Hibiscus09
01-23-2003, 04:34 AM
Hi all! Challenge is still going great -- :) I'm just posting to announce IT'S SNOWING! I love the snow -- it's soooo pretty! :) We hardly ever get any & I can't wait to go outside & play in the stuff! I have to go do morning cardio now -- man, that sucks!

Gollum
01-23-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by icequeen
I am still 15 weeks out . . . I just want to be able to say that I did it. I'll feel like I won something if I just get there.

Well said,icequeen.I have a similar goal.I would like to compete in an over 35 show.I am 32 at the moment,33 in July so that gives me roughly 2 1/2 years to prepare.Yeah,it's a long term goal.I have never competed before.I feel the same way you do.As long as I get up on stage and look like I belong up there with all the other guys and no one throws tomatoes I've already won.I dont care if I come in first or last,I just want to say I did it.

Hibiscus,

Great to hear you're doing well.Enjoy your morning cardio!Here's an outfit suggestion:

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/prod.aspx?p=musclehedz.3527233

:D

Hibiscus09
01-23-2003, 05:43 AM
That is so cute! I want it! :)

Both of you guys will do great when you compete! Just making it through the diet alone is trophy deserving as far as I'm concerned! IceQueen has a lot more time to get even more buff so she'll be even more fantastic by the time she gets to her comp. If they don't give her a trophy, I'll send her one! :)

TwoWalks
01-23-2003, 10:11 AM
If they don't give her a trophy, I'll send her one! :)

And when you compete - I'll make the same offer :)

Hibiscus09
01-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Thank you! :)

TwoWalks
01-24-2003, 04:44 PM
I also was and am serious - when should I start shopping for a really great trophy?:D

Hibiscus09
01-24-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm too much of a shy person to get on stage & strut my stuff. :) I tried once before & totally chickened out at 9% bodyfat. Then I went to the show with a friend & was mad at myself -- I think I maybe could have won the darn thing! Of course, that was back when I had a few more muscles! Thanks for the compliment!

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 05:15 AM
This is what I think:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I need that to be bigger type & bolder print but I'm too lazy to figure all that out!!!!

I decided I was going to check in every Saturday & weigh myself. Well, today I am back up to 125.2 -- which is where I started! {Insert Profanity}

My measurements are the same as they were at 123.6lbs., so I guess I should try to glean something positive out of that. My 12 year old son (I tell him stuff because I've got a $1,000 bet with my sweetie I won't say anything bad about myself this year & he's using the honor system -- guess I don't have any honor! Lol) even said, "Yeah, Mom but couldn't that be something other than how you're eating. When is your period?" LOL

Well, the kid's right about that -- that bloating starts out a week & a half in advance anymore -- but I DON'T CARE.

5 freagin lbs.!!! That's all I want to lose! Stuff pisses me off! I can see why people give up, but I'm not gonna -- just going to drive ya'll CRAZY instead. :)

TrishB
01-25-2003, 06:21 AM
Isn't this fun? :D

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 06:25 AM
mmmmmm hmmmmmm!

TrishB
01-25-2003, 06:49 AM
LMAO....:D
Well....at least you got an excuse. I can't use that one anymore. :(

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Okay, I'm feeling a little better now -- the scale trauma is wearing off & I've done my morning cardio! :)

I will say one positive thing -- I really feel trimmer & like my body is looking much better -- something must be happening!

TrishB
01-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Good to hear it!
I won't tell your hubby about your earlier outburst. ;)

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Good! Maybe I'll mail you a box of chocolates or something when I get my $1,000!

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 10:00 AM
That's okay! Being a teacher I know you MUST be busy! They are all saints as far as I'm concerned! The latest picture CTG posted of you looks great! Your abs are really showing up well! :) When I weighed myself this morning I wanted to grab one of the kitchen knives & stab the picture of Bill Phillips on my journal smack in the forehead. :) Gee -- I think it's getting near PMS time! LOL

TrishB
01-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Good! Maybe I'll mail you a box of chocolates or something when I get my $1,000!

Oh sure.....then, I'll eat them all, then I will have to start ANOTHER challenge.

TwoWalks
01-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, today I am back up to 125.2 -- which is where I started!

My measurements are the same as they were at 123.6lbs.

5 freagin lbs.!!! That's all I want to lose! Stuff pisses me off! I can see why people give up, but I'm not gonna -- just going to drive ya'll CRAZY instead. :)

Well now lets see, 1# muscle gain 2# water retention total 3# + 123.6 = 126.6 - 125.2 = 1.4# so that must be the bodyfat loss -- dang my Lady sounds good to me.

I did not hear no negative stuff - just analitical outrage:)

Drive ya'll crazy - no big deal, for some of us its a short trip.:D

Hibiscus09
01-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Lol -- I made that trip a loooong time ago -- been there ever since!

Hibiscus09
01-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Okay, it's Sunday. That's cheat day one day late. :) I skipped yesterday as cheat day since the SuperBowl is tonight. I had HoneyComb cereal for breakfast. It was big, big, big, big -- not small, & had a great big bite & it tasted right. Lol

For lunch, I had a Lean Cuisine French Bread Pizza.

This day is going down hill fast.

So far this morning I've poured a big punch bowl full of snack mix, made a fruit & cheese tray, made spinach dip, have Chili in the crock pot (yum!), and still have to make Mexican corn bread. My friend, Lauren, is bringing the dessert & I'm planning on making something sweet -- haven't decided what yet. There's enough Lite Beer & Wine in the house to kill all my company.

Um, I'll try to stick to just chili & some wine (maybe a few grapes!). We'll see. . . . .

HELP ME!

Phatman1179
01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Oh man Spinch dip and Chille Love IT!!!! I'm doing sour kraut Balls, Pizza and Wings. Today is THE ultimate cheat day.

Hibiscus09
01-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Yum! Sounds good!

Gator
01-27-2003, 05:15 AM
Hib...

Hows the challenge coming along ??

Hope all is well !!!

Gator

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 05:24 AM
It's coming along. . . :) I'm sticking with it, although I get so impatient for results! Anyway, I actually didn't gain weight after last night's food suicide so that made me happy!

Gator
01-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Good to hear, have faith in it !!
Relax, the results will come...
Youll be happy to know, this morning when I woke up and it was 2 !! 2 !!!
Wish I was in SC...
Hope all is well..

Gator

It's coming along. . . :) I'm sticking with it, although I get so impatient for results! Anyway, I actually didn't gain weight after last night's food suicide so that made me happy!

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 05:29 AM
It's cold here -- feels like 2 degrees to us! (But you'll have to add 30 to the 2 to get the actual temp here. :) )

Gator
01-27-2003, 05:31 AM
No fair !!!!!!
Were gettin more snow manana as well..Fun !!

Gator

It's cold here -- feels like 2 degrees to us! (But you'll have to add 30 to the 2 to get the actual temp here. :) )

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Okay, it's been another happening day with Brian, Jr. being sick, doctor visits, etc. I'm heading to the gym at 3:30. Very late for me -- I'll go take some Betalean.

I've started cycling my carbs today but couldn't figure out any way to start out with a decent amount of carbs other than raising my calories by about 150. So, it ends up I'm have 1,417 calories; Protein = 116 grams, Fat = 31 grams, Carbs = 156 grams. I normally have about 140 grams protein, 100-110 carbs & about the same on fat.

I'm planning on taking in 160 carbs Monday & then declining by 25 carbs a day through Friday -- Saturday is cheat day -- and then having 50 carbs on Sunday. I thought this might shock my body into doing something productive.

The problem is, I feel like I'm totally pigging out today & it's driving me nuts!!!!

What do you guys think? :)

TwoWalks
01-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Replied on other thread:D

Hibiscus09
01-27-2003, 04:43 PM
What a Day, What a Day! Took my son to the doctor & he was nice enough to vomit for them while he was there! :) Anyway, he was sent home with an excuse to miss school tomorrow too. He'd be happier about it if he weren't feeling so bad.

Proud to say I didn't let it do me in & I finally made it to the gym at 3:30. Did chest, biceps & walked 20 minutes at 4.2mph & 12% incline on treadmill. I left after that because I'm use to the gym being pretty empty around 11:00 in the morning & boy, was it crowded! Anyway, got my workout in. :)

TrishB
01-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Good for you! :)
I know what you mean about going when it is crowded. Even if all I am doing is cardio, I still want my space.

I thought this stomach bug already went thru your house? Hope you stay healthy! Although it is a quick way to lose a couple pounds. You look like crap though, lying on the bathroom floor....so it sort of does not make much difference what you weigh.

TwoWalks
01-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Hibiscus, hope your son get to feeling better quick and that your husband and you are spared.

Doing great on your challenge, keep it up, but I know you will.

tracyb555
01-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Hibiscus,

Hope you are feeling better. I too had the 2-day flu bug and it really knocked me for a loop. Take care!

Tracy

Hibiscus09
01-28-2003, 05:18 AM
Although it is a quick way to lose a couple pounds. You look like crap though, lying on the bathroom floor....so it sort of does not make much difference what you weigh.

Lol, Trish. :) That made me think of the time I had a really bad flu & I was heading to the bathroom in a hurry. Well, I fainted & I really hit the floor hard (after hitting the counter) and I was going out but heard & felt the boom. I woke up later & Brian is just really snoring -- he hadn't budged. Good thing I didn't need an ambulance! LOL -- he's a sweetie but man does he sleep heavy!

TwoWalks, thanks for your kind words. I believe Brian, Jr. is getting a little better & I SURE HOPE Brian, Sr. nor I catch that crud! I will keep on keeping on, though I'm not too happy with progress so far. :( I'm going to try carb cycling & I am working out a little different this week & not doing upper body all in one day. I can't handle that workout -- I feel like I'm not working any muscle very well. You're right, though, no quitting here!! :)

Tracy, sorry you've been sick. I had just read your challenge thread before I came over here. It looks like you're doing great with your challenge!

Well, off to do morning cardio. I'm upping it to 25 minutes of interval training starting today.

-- Diane

Oh, and by the way, I took a BetaLean yesterday (just one) before my workout. It's been a while since I've taken anything with ephedra in it. Anyway, I felt fine -- but I looked down about midway through my workout & I had these bright red splotches all up & down my arms. Hmmmm. I have no idea what that was! Guess I won't be taking two of those things anytime soon!