PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here get headaches

kingfish3
09-05-2006, 01:47 PM
i have a headache around the temple forehead area on the side , like 2 inches above the temples . Nothing ive taken so far works. IM also having some digestive trouble and even acid reflux, . Not sure if the acid causes that or if its sinus trouble.

TeamInzer
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
number 1 cause of headache "dehydration"

kingfish3
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I am peeing alot more, but thats because ive doubled my water intake so i can't be dehydrated likely. I think it has to do with me taking prilosec , and stopped drinking mt dews and 7 up which ive drank a 2 liter a day for years, not to mention fat burners without every going off them for long periods of time and none since i woke up with acid reflux or bad gas. Not through the but though, but intense burping and its in my chest

bongd
09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Ouuuuchhh yeah, I used to be plagued with migraines as a kid so Iíve been around the block. When did you cut the MD? Caffeine withdrawal is some terrible **** if youíve got some of that going on. Iíve actually had a big headache for the past two days and while itís pretty much gone right now, I feel that it might flare up again so I took an advil. I donít know what triggered it but Iíve been drinking lots of water, massaging pressure points in my dome and trying to take it easy.

Asides from NSAIDS, which I try to completely abstain from, Iíd recommend WATER. If itís not caffeine withdrawal, Iíd go ahead and take some caffeine because that also helps to relieve the pressure. Just take little bits at a time like 50-100mg because I donít know where your tolerance is at. I hate prescription meds but just try to get some rest and relaxation while you ride things out. While it might sound girly as hell, Iíve had debilitating headaches that drove me insane and I couldnít do anything but lay in a tub and listen to calming music.

Acupressure and marijuana are my favorite things to relieve headaches. My ex-gfís mom used to rock at curing my migraines (no King of The Hill jokes please ;) ). But when youíre dehydrated, smoking the ganja can sometimes potentiate the pounding headache so donít learn that the hard way. I personally have a big stash of cookies that I eat when I have hella migraines. Yesterday after work I had to eat one and take the day off. It sucks.

If your headaches persist, try identifying the triggers so you can avoid the pain and frustration in the future. For me, its green peppers, sugar, chocolate, in-laws, etc. Makes life a lot easier when you avoid triggers. ;)

Pinot
09-05-2006, 05:35 PM
i have a headache around the temple forehead area on the side , like 2 inches above the temples . Nothing ive taken so far works. IM also having some digestive trouble and even acid reflux, . Not sure if the acid causes that or if its sinus trouble.

A couple months ago, I starting getting exertion headaches in the gym, also known as sports headaches. I had a catscan done, an MRI, and a spinal tap. I also went to a headache institute. It turns out that these exertion headaches or sports headaches are actually more common than you think. The only way to gtet rid of them is to stay away from the weights or any exercises involving any kind of strain. The more you try to workout with these headaches, the worse it gets. It really made me a vegetable for almost a month. I even missed two weeks of work, and I had to drop my summer class.

kingfish3
09-06-2006, 11:47 AM
bump