PDA

View Full Version : Working Out In Prison

ExtraCheese
08-31-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but I was wondering something. Everybody says that nutrition is the main factor in getting bigger. I don't think they have a GNC in most prisons and I don't believe the folks inside are allowed to eat what they want, when they want.

I am pretty sure they are not getting the protein/carbs/fat percentages and really doubt that they can ask the warden to "up" their calories.

How is it that these guys get so big inside?

MiketheSwede
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
big guys "get" more food then little guys.

dbx
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
How is it that these guys get so big inside?

This is your first post here? :rolleyes:

Probably because cheap carb-type food like mac & cheese and other crap they're fed is poor from a nutritional standpoint. They're big alright, but seldom ever shredded eh? :)

payton34
08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
alot of places sell supps for inmates to buy

MiketheSwede
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM
true, the jail I work at sells Dymatize Isolate....but it's pretty expensive.

Legolas69
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Most prisons feed inmates a lot of food because being hungry makes one irritable.

ahmedaz
09-01-2006, 12:01 AM
cum = high quality protein

colubrid
09-01-2006, 05:38 AM
This is your first post here? :rolleyes:

Probably because cheap carb-type food like mac & cheese and other crap they're fed is poor from a nutritional standpoint. They're big alright, but seldom ever shredded eh? :)
In the tv documentaries I've seen. almost all of them look big and usualy lean/cut looking. I was just watching the one thats been running on fox news and had the same question as the thread starter. Does anyone know if they get any choices for meals at all?

musclehouse
09-01-2006, 08:24 AM
killing someone because you think they called you a douche??? Clearly that guy has problems as well as decently high testosterone.

Mentally your body is telling the body to be the biggest he/she can be to survive in prison.

So they mentally are focused when working out.

They work out in there cells.... In the gym yard... etc.

They also trade steroids in jail as well.

Survival of the fittest...

If you went to the gym with all IFBB pro's wouldn't you train extra hard to atleast match the size of one of them?

Flex500
09-01-2006, 10:08 AM
go to a typical prison or jail. you will not find that many big or well built guys. I worked in a prison for a short time, and maybe 1 out of 50 or 100 is real muscular. honestly it kills me how some of you people think jails have a bunch of bodybuilders walking around them.

Shylock
09-02-2006, 03:21 AM
In the tv documentaries I've seen. almost all of them look big and usualy lean/cut looking. I was just watching the one thats been running on fox news and had the same question as the thread starter. Does anyone know if they get any choices for meals at all?

Well they dont have all the temptations many are faced with like Pizza, Ice cream,. beer. Those cheat meals we on the outisde have makde the big difference.

Forge3
09-02-2006, 04:16 AM

Yeah. CELL-tech. :D

tonym9428
09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Um, I don't know if any of you have really spent time in jail, but when I had my stint in there, most of the guys were skinney dudes, or your average overweight american guy who just liked to act macho.....As for me, I'm pretty skinney, but because I had nothing to do, I just sat around doing push up, crunches, dips, and weights when I could..........

not a fun place to be, and i'm not planning on going back.....I have a jury trail coming up, and well see what happens.....

Strategery
09-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I believe they are able to buy high protein foods and even supplements. I read an article years back about bodybuilders in prison and it said they are able to get their nutrition this way.

BALZAK
09-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Even though these guys aren't getting the proper nutrition and sleep, my guess is that maybe they just work out so much that they eventually gain mass.

Some of us are very strict with our diet and rest. But do you think if you weren't, but were still lifting weights eventually you would never get any bigger? My guess is that you would, just a lot slower because of the low level of efficiency.

It's like when you see guys who do manual labor for a living, who are muscular, but might not even think twice about getting the proper diet and rest. They just are constantly getting a workout and the body probably just eventually adapted.

Wtf?
09-02-2006, 01:28 PM
honestly it kills me how some of you people think jails have a bunch of bodybuilders walking around them.

lol.

MoreMuscle06
09-02-2006, 10:36 PM
well i been there for 1 year and 6 months and i got really built one thing you have too much free time on your hands so all you do is push ups crunches jumping jacks pull ups it's good keeps your mind in focus
then bam gaind weight like woah trying to go back to my ultimate fighter shape

superfly1977
09-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Its a mystery I guess, but it does happen. Maybe they eat cockroaches for the protein! haha

Mark Warlberg was a little hooligan when he was younger and got locked up for a while, thats how he got his hot bod.

He was really skinny before he went in and came out as you saw him in his "Good Vibrations" video and on those Calvin posters.

And you are right Shylock, no temptations eh. Makes a world of difference.