PDA

View Full Version : Anything wrong with my diet?

Hunterlaar
08-26-2006, 08:04 PM
My Goal: Alot more lean muscle, alot less bf.

Me 23, 166lbs, 15%bf, 5ft8. (except for workout i sit on my arse all day, drink lots of water)

Diet:

Awake: Cardio: 30-60min slow jogging.

10am: Breakfast: Oats with skimmed milk (to wrank to take with water), 6 egg whites, 2 scoop whey water

12pm: Snack: 2can tuna, flaxseed oil, 2 egg yolks, seeds, salted nuts, avocado, veg

2pm: Lunch: Large steak chop, beans, large cup of tea, veg

5pm: Snack: Wholemeal pasta, turkey, veg,

7pm: Dinner/Pre-Workout: Chicken breast, 2 slices wholemean brown bread, veg, 2 scoop whey water

10pm: Post-Workout: Grape juice, fruit, raisens, 2 scoop whey, creatine, salmon slices

12am: Bed/Sleep: 2 Chicken breast, 4 slices wholemean brown bread, veg

Anything wrong with this?

Ty 4 replies.

J1987
08-26-2006, 08:08 PM
are you trying top stay lean?

Hunterlaar
08-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Trying to stay lean? Yes.

Chuck Norris
08-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Unless you wanna be cut at a low weight, drop the cardio and clean bulk.

Hunterlaar
08-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Unless you wanna be cut at a low weight, drop the cardio and clean bulk.

Won't light cardio benefit weight loss?

Chuck Norris
08-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Won't light cardio benefit weight loss?

cardio + caloric deficit + weight training will take off the pounds.

But, you weigh 166 at 15% bf and you wanna be cut? Do you not mind weighing less than you do now? What are your goals?

Edit: Your goal is a lot more lean muscle. You should clean bulk and then cut later. It will be much easier to shed the fat when you have more muscle. Drop the cardio for now.

Hunterlaar
08-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I ment benefit fat loss* i may not be heavy in weight but im fat with not much muscle on me, so it would be best to clean bulk like the diet i currently have? But will the cardio help get the fat off.

Chuck Norris
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I ment benefit fat loss* i may not be heavy in weight but im fat with not much muscle on me, so it would be best to clean bulk like the diet i currently have? But will the cardio help get the fat off.

Clean bulk. Eat 500 calories over maintenance, 1-1.5 g protein per day, plenty of healthy carbs, no cardio, eat big and often, and lift hard. For you to be cut you are gonna have to lose a fair amount of weight. So unless you wanna be really skinny, a clean bulk is necessary.

Hunterlaar
08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
So you think i should bulk then cut yes? Would you say this diet is ok and clean? Also if i eat 500+ cal, light cardio wont do no harm will it? Because i do like to do some light cardio few times a week.

EMISGOD
08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
10am: Breakfast: Oats with skimmed milk (to wrank to take with water), 6 egg whites, 2 scoop whey water

12pm: Snack: 2can tuna, flaxseed oil, 2 egg yolks, seeds, salted nuts, avocado, veg

7pm: Dinner/Pre-Workout: Chicken breast, 2 slices wholemean brown bread, veg, 2 scoop whey water

10pm: Post-Workout: Grape juice, fruit, raisens, 2 scoop whey, creatine, salmon slices

Last two -- DISCARD Grape juice, fruit, raisins, bread.

Hunterlaar
08-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Last two -- DISCARD Grape juice, fruit, raisins, bread.

Why?

the woo
08-27-2006, 08:47 AM
My Goal: Alot more lean muscle, alot less bf.

Me 23, 166lbs, 15%bf, 5ft8. (except for workout i sit on my arse all day, drink lots of water)

Diet:

Awake: Cardio: 30-60min slow jogging.

Ty 4 replies.
sounds very good and healthy to me whats your total calories?

EMISGOD
08-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Why?

They are all too low on the GI. Bread before going to sleep is particularly a no-no, in light of your goals.

If you feel you need some quick carbs after the workout, pick 1 of the grape juice, fruit or raisins, not all 3.

BigPappaSmurf
08-27-2006, 09:11 AM
I'd save the whey for post-WO, or just use whey pre and post WO. Also, drop the bread before bed and replace it with a fat source. I'd also like to know what "veg" you eat. Carrots and potatoes don't cut it, IMO.

Mango
08-27-2006, 09:51 AM
There are too many cooks in this kitchen, but I just wanted say I freakin' love the Chuck Norris name. Hahah!! :D