PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is it hard to make it 5-6 meals a day.

Vintage
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Recently I find it hard to eat 5-6 meals a day not only that it stresses the hell out of me.

Plus I work alot and if I eat a meal it doesn't digest or should I say I don't feel like eating until 4-5 hours.

Can anybody help me on this.

plik
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Recently I find it hard to eat 5-6 meals a day not only that it stresses the hell out of me.

Plus I work alot and if I eat a meal it doesn't digest or should I say I don't feel like eating until 4-5 hours.

I eat 8 meals a day, but my meals are fairly small. I only eat meat for maybe 2 of those meals. The rest is fruit, nuts, vegetables, lentils/beans, mrp, etc.

You really have to have everything prepared the night before.

Gewwy
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM

Sure, eat more.

But seriously, eat more. If you can't eat 5 meals, you won't gain as much muscle. Sounds like a mental problem, only you can help yourself there. But if you have a ****ty digestive tract or something, make alot of you meals into liquid (whey, fruit, oats, MRPs, NBP, etc.)

Vintage
08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I eat 8 meals a day, but my meals are fairly small. I only eat meat for maybe 2 of those meals. The rest is fruit, nuts, vegetables, lentils/beans, mrp, etc.

good advice what would you suggests for someone who works almost 8-12 hour shifts everyday

Vintage
08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Sure, eat more.

But seriously, eat more. If you can't eat 5 meals, you won't gain as much muscle. Sounds like a mental problem, only you can help yourself there. But if you have a ****ty digestive tract or something, make alot of you meals into liquid (whey, fruit, oats, MRPs, NBP, etc.)

what the hell, what kind of help is this lol.

plik
08-26-2006, 04:13 PM
good advice what would you suggests for someone who works almost 8-12 hour shifts everyday

Make more money per hour and work less hours. :D

Do you have access to a refrigerator at work?

I'm guessing you have a break about every 2 1/2 hours, that's really good timing for meals. I say, go down to Wal-Mart or Target and buy a lot of cheap tupperware. Then, every night before work, put your meals together:
- Cook your chicken, rice, noodles, eggs, whatever.
- Tuna travels well. Bring a can opener.
- Put protein powder in a shaker can, and then add water later.
- Fruit travles well.
- Vegetables travel okay, celery and carrots are good choices.

grapemaster
08-26-2006, 04:30 PM

lol, or the week before...

i generally eat about 8 times a day too except for weekends...simply for the fact that during my time at work i am mostly snacking on stuff through those hours instead of eating meals. im generally working 8-10 hour shifts and... its really not that hard. i think most ppl here over 22 have 8+ hours jobs and seem to manage.

bench350
08-28-2006, 07:33 AM
i have 3 or 4 hot meals (prepared) a day. then in between granola bar, nuts, 1/2 pb sandwich, easy things like that or a protein shake

daYDreAmErX
08-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Prepare your meals, bring your own food at work and eat every 2-3 hours. It takes discipline. You can do it :D

jmaths117@comcast.net_old
08-28-2006, 09:49 AM
This is why there are weight gainers, dude.

xxxwebgodxxxx
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I eat preety much same thing cook chicken for 3 days makes it mucher easier...

Vintage
08-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Make more money per hour and work less hours. :D

Do you have access to a refrigerator at work?

I'm guessing you have a break about every 2 1/2 hours, that's really good timing for meals. I say, go down to Wal-Mart or Target and buy a lot of cheap tupperware. Then, every night before work, put your meals together:
- Cook your chicken, rice, noodles, eggs, whatever.
- Tuna travels well. Bring a can opener.
- Put protein powder in a shaker can, and then add water later.
- Fruit travles well.
- Vegetables travel okay, celery and carrots are good choices.

sh*t it's this hard eh dammit guys, why can't we just grow off weights!

blakstang2004
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Dude, don't stress man.... I eat like 3-4 meals a day and I'm gaining muscle. Just eat enough calories and you'll grow. Don't be obsessed man, I used to be; it ruins your life!

just lift, eat, eat, eat, and you will grow. You don't have to be a slave to the clock, or to food for that matter. Just eat when you can, and don't worry!

newequation
08-29-2006, 12:42 AM
sh*t it's this hard eh dammit guys, why can't we just grow off weights!
The same reason you cant win a race with hopes and dreams.

AAArated
08-29-2006, 03:12 AM
i also work 11-12 hours a day..........
i take with me 3-4 meals...........one is a meal (chicken and rice), one is a slice of a cake with oats and egg whites and a couple os sandwiches..........
it's a habit........u ll find the way

ps i prepare many of my meals at weekend........for example i boil many eggs, i bake a cake that will last me for one week, i boil rice enough for 3-4 days, etc..........i grill many portions of chicken and meat twice a week, one during the weekend and one mid of week

deserusan
08-29-2006, 04:16 AM
I have four large tupperware containers in my fridge. The first contains at most about 30 cooked chicken breasts. The second container contains about 60 cups of cooked rice. The third container contains about 2-3 pounds of brocolli. The fourth container usually has at max about 10 lbs of almonds. Cooking in bulk makes things easy and so does having a lot of tupperware. I pack all my meals the night before.

thirsty4chicken
08-29-2006, 05:09 AM
I have four large tupperware containers in my fridge. The first contains at most about 30 cooked chicken breasts. The second container contains about 60 cups of cooked rice. The third container contains about 2-3 pounds of brocolli. The fourth container usually has at max about 10 lbs of almonds. Cooking in bulk makes things easy and so does having a lot of tupperware. I pack all my meals the night before.

amen.

Like It Or Not
08-29-2006, 05:25 AM

I do something very similar. I usually cook & cut up & bag my food on Sundays and Wednesdays. Doing it at the same time saves so much time as you just have to clean up 2x/week. I weigh all my foods as weel to ensure I'm keeping my macronutrients close day to day.

Once you do it a few times, it's really pretty easy.

I think diet is more important than working out. If you work out 4 days a week and eat like SH*T, you will have much better results by only working out 3 days a week and using the 4th day's workout time to prepare your foods for the week.

AAArated
08-29-2006, 05:40 AM
"do something very similar. I usually cook & cut up & bag my food on Sundays and Wednesdays. Doing it at the same time saves so much time as you just have to clean up 2x/week."
exactly!this way it's easy and u keep ur food frsh too.......

i disagree that nutrition comes before working out.......(for me training comes before everything..............
but of course good resiults come from a combination..........)
i agree with the "If you work out 4 days a week and eat like SH*T, you will have much better results by only working out 3 days a week and using the 4th day's workout time to prepare your foods for the week" though which is different

nelson b
08-29-2006, 05:53 AM
It's easy say your getting 1.2g of protein and carbs 1:1 ratio. take 1.2 x it by your bodyweight then divide the number you get by 6 why 6? because thats how many meals your eating a day the number you get is how much protein carbs you would need to eat every meal

-Example: 1.2g protein 1.2g carbs

My bodyweight 150lbs

1.2x150=180 so that number would be how much protein and carbs im getting. now divide that by 6 180]6= 30 so thats 30g protein and carbs as far as fats go most people get 0.5g so thats 70g thats aroung 12g per meal

All the best..

Nelson

Gewwy
08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
what the hell, what kind of help is this lol.

It's motivation.

If you want to gain muscle, eat. If you aren't dedicated enough, don't eat.

But, there are ways to make it easier.

I cook chicken breasts, rice, meat, etc. in larger qualities and use them up in sandwiches, stir fries, salads, until I run out. Then I cook alot again. I also have whey and homemade oat cookies on the hand for on-the-run meals.

Rogan08
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
unless your in competeitions and **** and pro you dont need to be soo stressed over it i dont think, right now its kinda stressing me out as im beginning to get seriously into it eatign alot of stuff on a regular bassis and with schol startign its makign me think i dont know how im gunan do it but i dont plan on competing or anyhitgn as of now so i knwo that i dont need to gain muscle that fast, i set easy to manage goals so that way i dont need to get stressed over this ****, you dont need to be putting on 3 lbs a week of muscle...i dont know too much but theres my rant to you, hope it gave you a ltitle of my insight towards this ****

youthman
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I generally grill a bunch of chicken breasts, always have ezekiel bread handy, and some low fat cheese. I usually make a couple sandwiches in the morning while the oats are cooking. This way I can eat on the move and don't have to worry about heating anything up. If you work in an office with a microwave available, you definitely have no excuse.