PDA

View Full Version : I Need An Answer To This Question!!! (please)

apathy49
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
can you gain bodyfat if you only eat enough cals. to maintain your bodyweight???? say if i ate about 150-200 g of fat a day from mostly monosaturated fats though, but the amount of calories still wouldn't be enough for me to gain an ounce of bodyweight. i read some of the ketogenic stuff but it seems kinda complex and doesn't fit in with my goals. i want to simply maintain my bodyweight while increasing my strength. so i would still be eating carbs and protein but mostly fat. but would this make me fat???

any help very appreciated and reps!!!!

boyscouT
08-25-2006, 05:47 PM
As long as your training / nutrition are up to par, the answer is no.

Sciamach
08-25-2006, 05:51 PM
no, fat doesn't make you fat. Just keep a maintenance diet and keep up your fitness routine and you should be fine. Most simply its calories in vs. calories out. Just make the calories you intake as nutritionally beneficial as possible to fulfill your macros.

EMISGOD
08-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Think of it as a teeter-totter, using calories instead of pounds (or kilos), with one side being what is being eaten and the other with what is being burned. As long as the two sides are equal, the plane will be fat or at equilibrium. If your caloric intake falls below what is being burned, the plane will tip towards weight loss. If the burned side falls below the intake, the plane will tip towards weight gain.