PDA

View Full Version : New Training Piece by Scivation

Scivation
08-18-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast36.htm

I think this is the proper place to post this. It could go in the training forum but since my name is a company name and I am promoting myself, that would be blatant self promotion. Thus, Company Promotion. :)

deserusan
08-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Nice article!

boyscouT
08-18-2006, 02:54 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2006/beast36c.jpg

Is that a gallon of watermelon Xtend I see there? :D

deserusan
08-18-2006, 03:03 PM

I also notice how Marc places it away from the weights. I wonder if that was from dropping weights on the jug? I was doing shrugs on a hammer strength machine and was dumb enough to place the jug close to the machine. Needless to say on my last rep I dropped the wieght, and a 45lbs plate fell off landing right on the jug. It exploded and some of hit a poor woman on a stairclimber. Luckily, she knew me and wasn't pissed off.

Scivation
08-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I also notice how Marc places it away from the weights. I wonder if that was from dropping weights on the jug? I was doing shrugs on a hammer strength machine and was dumb enough to place the jug close to the machine. Needless to say on my last rep I dropped the wieght, and a 45lbs plate fell off landing right on the jug. It exploded and some of hit a poor woman on a stairclimber. Luckily, she knew me and wasn't pissed off.

Yes, I treat my Xtend with the greatest respect.

Dropping a weight on a bottle of Xtend to me is like killing a cow in India. Xtend is sacred.

boyscouT
08-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Damn... poor Xtend. :(

deserusan
08-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Damn... poor Xtend. :(

I was pretty pissed off. However, I keep my Xtend in my gym bag so all was not lost.

storm shadow
08-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Nice workout, I'll have to try it out sometime. Beast looking hyoooge as always and Marc lookin pretty big as well.

Sam Steele
08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
great routine...looking forward to trying it.

HellRaiser92
08-18-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast36.htm

Tried it,loved it,and will be doing it again! All I have to say is the 6th set is a *****.:D

deadaim
08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
i saw new training piece and thought maybe it was a concealable gun you bring to the gym. "HEY YOU GET OUTTA THE SQUAT RACK".

Outside backer
08-18-2006, 06:04 PM
great article it reminds me of rest paused style in dc training. very minimal rest with max out of muscle work.

i think ill give this a shot

Nathan1
08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
"Get a headband for this workout because you will sweat!"

Classic!

Scivation
08-19-2006, 05:38 AM

Classic!

I am trying to start a trend here!

Outside backer
08-19-2006, 06:15 AM
dont you mean bring back a trend lol the 80's rocked the sweat bands :)

xjae
08-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Yes, I treat my Xtend with the greatest respect.

Dropping a weight on a bottle of Xtend to me is like killing a cow in India. Xtend is sacred.

LOL!!! that just made my day..and it's only 9 30 am..great comparison bro..wow now I wanna try xtend..seems to be getting great reviews recently

ddawg91
08-19-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm still enjoying the Rollin on Dubs leg workout and you spring this on us! Looks pretty interesting, you guys put out great articles.

pu12en12g
08-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Awesome !!

Beast is lookin beastly as always !!

391rippy
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2006/beast36c.jpg

more importantly, is that a fanny pack next to the jug of xtend?

boyscouT
08-19-2006, 11:10 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

Scivation
08-19-2006, 12:36 PM

Yes it is. I don't actually wear it, but use it when in the gym for my wallet, keys and Treo.

I should have worn my baggies and T. Michael shirt.

391rippy
08-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes it is. I don't actually wear it
don't be ashamed of the fanny pack. my grandmother wears her's proudly :p

Scivation
08-19-2006, 08:41 PM
don't be ashamed of the fanny pack. my grandmother wears her's proudly :p

Get her a headband--she needs to get with the program!

Never2cut
08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
gonna give this a shot tomorrow. back day, will do my normal dead and then 666 for the rest. BTW mixed up 1 scoop Primal EAA and 1 serving grape xtend for my wo today and it was absolutely delicious. give it a try if any of you haven't yet!

Sam Steele
08-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Quick question on this routine and probably about to open a debate. I noticed there are no carbs postworkout(protein and amino's). Fill me in? The debate is usually what type of carbs(simple or oats). So what gives here?

BiggJohn
08-27-2006, 08:04 AM

Classic!

Like in my avatar, I usually wear a bandana to the gym to keep the sweat out of my eyes. Gym garb is essential!

BiggJohn
08-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Quick question on this routine and probably about to open a debate. I noticed there are no carbs postworkout(protein and amino's). Fill me in? The debate is usually what type of carbs(simple or oats). So what gives here?

That is a Rudolph theory from the cut diet book if I remember correctly. I've always had good sucess with carbs post workout, so I don't see a need to change.

Beast
08-27-2006, 10:34 AM

Your carb intake post-workout will depend on what type of diet you are following. Marc follows Chuck's Cut Diet, so no carbs.

Elliptical Envy
08-27-2006, 10:37 AM
That workout looks pretty brutal I'll have to try it one day.

Sam Steele
08-27-2006, 10:37 AM
So how does this affect postworkout recovery, glycogen replenishment? Also, how does this affect muscles development. I have read recently that carbs PWO may not be necessary and that protein and extra aminos may suffice. I guess this seems a bit better than the simple sugars however simple sugars(high GI) carbs has been a staple PWO since, well before I can remember.

TJ_Strong
08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I follow this HARDCORE routine.

I am doing a 12 week training cycle of it. I love the toture it gives my body.

Check out some of my workouts in my journal located in my sig.

Beast
08-28-2006, 05:52 AM
So how does this affect postworkout recovery, glycogen replenishment? Also, how does this affect muscles development. I have read recently that carbs PWO may not be necessary and that protein and extra aminos may suffice. I guess this seems a bit better than the simple sugars however simple sugars(high GI) carbs has been a staple PWO since, well before I can remember.

Marc and myself always drink Free form BCAA or EAA with WPI and recover well.

the woo
09-16-2006, 10:57 AM
i will start your program when i get my extend,beast you are massive

the woo
09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I like you Scivation boys style,diet and training,very tuned into what you are doing,you definatly no what your talking about,I love these high intensity workouts,tried the h+blocker diet and training plan and loved it but felt it neglected the back