PDA

View Full Version : The big Caffiene myths...help?

slaydox
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Everyone knows theres myths about caffeine just like every other supplement someone has to put a bad word out about it.
a couple questions....

Does caffeine stunt your growth? thats the one i really wanna know cause frankly im still 16 and growing and i dont want to be stunted!!

How does Caffeine increase fat burning?

One time i drank an energy drink and ate a MRB before workout and i was able to lift alot more then usuall any affects that caffeine has on the muscles? note that the MRB had creatine in it about 5mg but i dont think its enough for that much of a boost.

Thanks for the time to read and answer, Reps to the best answers

image101
08-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Everyone knows theres myths about caffeine just like every other supplement someone has to put a bad word out about it.
a couple questions....

Does caffeine stunt your growth? thats the one i really wanna know cause frankly im still 16 and growing and i dont want to be stunted!!

How does Caffeine increase fat burning?

One time i drank an energy drink and ate a MRB before workout and i was able to lift alot more then usuall any affects that caffeine has on the muscles? note that the MRB had creatine in it about 5mg but i dont think its enough for that much of a boost.

Thanks for the time to read and answer, Reps to the best answers

1) Caffeine absolutely does not stunt your growth.
2) Caffeine increases fat mobilzation (removal of FFA from adipose cells in order to be burned for energy), and favors fat utilization over glucose.
3) Caffeine is used as an ergogenic aid; it is a CNS stimulant and helped you lift more. It does not make you stronger; much of what you do in the gym is mental.

slaydox
08-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Ah thanks, reps to you!