PDA

View Full Version : SUSTAIN™ feedback here

Twin Peak
08-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Can everyone please put your SUSTAIN™ feedback here. This is for the protein only, not the bars.

Please comment on whatever you feel is appropriate. Also, rate the flavor on a scale of 1-10.

Madevilz
08-15-2006, 05:58 PM
is it suppose to be in stores yet?

Sixpack
08-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Will do, and yes I believe it suppose to be in stores next week

Beast
08-16-2006, 07:01 AM
On my first sip I could tell it was a casein blend as they are quite difference in taste and texture than a pure whey protein. Sustain mixes very well, especially for a casein blend. Not sure if I like the flavor or not. The flavor is definitely different than other proteins on the market. I got some Sustain left, so I will update my thoughts when I finish it.

Mr. Aries
08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
mine came in and i was anxious to try it..

It definitely mixed easily, but yes it did have gritty texture of a casein. The flavor was very very peanut buttery, which was quite different than almost any other protein i've tried..

My stomach really liked this protein and I did not suffer any discomfort after drinking two scoops of this. I would definitely like to have this in my arsenal.. I didn't really taste any chocolate, just a lot of peanut butter..

I love peanut butter anyways so i didn't mind it :D

Sixpack
08-16-2006, 08:43 PM
This is the best news yet the more PB flavor the better many of the PB proteins out are exactly the oppoisite which is no PB flavor and all chocolate.

mine came in and i was anxious to try it..

It definitely mixed easily, but yes it did have gritty texture of a casein. The flavor was very very peanut buttery, which was quite different than almost any other protein i've tried..

My stomach really liked this protein and I did not suffer any discomfort after drinking two scoops of this. I would definitely like to have this in my arsenal.. I didn't really taste any chocolate, just a lot of peanut butter..

I love peanut butter anyways so i didn't mind it :D

uhockey
08-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Good feedback so far.......why am I the last to taste? :(

HalleluYAH
08-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Sustain mixes very well, especially for a casein blend. Not sure if I like the flavor or not.
Indeed...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=855737

For those who will not read my review; for taste I rated Sustain:

In a blender with milk: 10/10
In a blender with water: 9/10

The remaining two samples will be tested today; one in a blender bottle with water, the other in a blender with milk and a banana as an MRP.

Excellent work DS!

TheUnlikelyToad
08-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Just slammed one in milk...

Tha first true to life Peanut Butter Fudge flavored protein. There is PB and then there's PB FUDGE. This is definitely Fudge...

You guys will get crazy sales from this product, bastards. ;)

Full review a bit later.

Twin Peak
08-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Indeed...
In a blender with milk: 10/10
In a blender with water: 9/10

My sentiments too....although I have not tasted the final version yet either.

uhockey
08-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Just slammed one in milk...

Tha first true to life Peanut Butter Fudge flavored protein. There is PB and then there's PB FUDGE. This is definitely Fudge...

You guys will get crazy sales from this product, bastards. ;)

Full review a bit later.

We love Jordan. :)

Stonecoldtruth
08-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Little backstory on my receiving of the bar/protein powder today. I work at home doing Tier 3 technical support for Direct TV, and the Fedex lady POUNDS on the door while I'm on the phone with the customer, so I have to hit mute and yell out I'll be right there do not leave. So I then put my customer on hold and run to the door, the Fedex lady is trying to drive away.. I run in front of the truck and yell STOP! She gets out, calls me crazy, and then gives me my package.

Taste: 10/10
The taste rating is based on two factors, the taste as it relates in general to other protein products and the taste as it relates to the nearest comparable products. I will simply suffice to say that this tastes more like a milkshake than a protein shake.

Methods used:
1 scoop + 4 ounces skim milk + 3 ice cubes in blender
1 scoop + 4 ounces skim milk in shaker cup
1 scoop + 6 ounces cold water in shaker cup
1 scoop + 1 cup oatmeal cooked in skim milk

Consistency: 10/10
It mixes up easily with virtually no clumps. It does have a bit of 'grit' to it but for me personally that just heightens the milkshake quality of it.

Nutrition: 10/10
Ingredients: A high quality, low carb, low fat micellar casein blend. One serving provides 4 g carbs (2g fiber, 0g sugar), 1g fat, 20g protein. (STOLEN FROM HALLEYUAH)

This is seriously, without a doubt, the best overall protein I've had in a long time. Even just after 4 servings it ranks right beside XF Ultra Peptide as my top protein. I'm just curious on the price now... make it nice and I'll get a crapload :D

SCT

SCT

jjohn
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I didnt received it yet, but I will do as soon as it gets in! Can't wait.

uhockey
08-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Little backstory on my receiving of the bar/protein powder today. I work at home doing Tier 3 technical support for Direct TV, and the Fedex lady POUNDS on the door while I'm on the phone with the customer, so I have to hit mute and yell out I'll be right there do not leave. So I then put my customer on hold and run to the door, the Fedex lady is trying to drive away.. I run in front of the truck and yell STOP! She gets out, calls me crazy, and then gives me my package.

Taste: 10/10
The taste rating is based on two factors, the taste as it relates in general to other protein products and the taste as it relates to the nearest comparable products. I will simply suffice to say that this tastes more like a milkshake than a protein shake.

Methods used:
1 scoop + 4 ounces skim milk + 3 ice cubes in blender
1 scoop + 4 ounces skim milk in shaker cup
1 scoop + 6 ounces cold water in shaker cup
1 scoop + 1 cup oatmeal cooked in skim milk

It mixes up easily with virtually no clumps. It does have a bit of 'grit' to it but for me personally that just heightens the milkshake quality of it.

Nutrition: 10/10
Ingredients: A high quality, low carb, low fat micellar casein blend. One serving provides 4 g carbs (2g fiber, 0g sugar), 1g fat, 20g protein. (STOLEN FROM HALLEYUAH)

This is seriously, without a doubt, the best overall protein I've had in a long time. Even just after 4 servings it ranks right beside XF Ultra Peptide as my top protein. I'm just curious on the price now... make it nice and I'll get a crapload :D

SCT

SCT

He had to sign it SCT twice, it was THAT good. ;)

user25891
08-17-2006, 05:24 PM
My wife said mine came today, but I won't be home until tomorrow.

Stonecoldtruth
08-17-2006, 05:55 PM
He had to sign it SCT twice, it was THAT good. ;)

I signed it twice in hopes of receiving another sample baggie :D

Sixpack
08-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Well first I would like to say thank you to Mike and the Twin Peak for allowing me to test the protein and bar. I have tried many proteins and have been looking for a good tasting PB flavored protein. The ones I have tried have been desighner nutrition PB-chocolate which was dull and had more of a chocolate taste. I have tried Anabolie Inovations PB flavor which was mild and you could really not taste any PB flavor at all. The best tasting so far had been PVL PB chocolate which is very very good, but I am not sure about label claims as I had not seen anything yet. THen today I came home from a long ass day of teaching and coaching in 107 degree heat and found the package at my front door. So this review is mixed with water.

Taste: 9.5/10
Well the only reason I give it a 9.5 is that in case someone would want more chocolate flavoring, if u want PB I would give it a 10 for sure. Myself want the more PB flavor the better. I did not want to get my hopes but I could not help it finally a protien that you can actually taste the PB Flavor great job DS.
I am very picky with flavoring as many may know so this is truely a great tasting protein. If u want PB flavoring u got it.
Methods used:
1 scoop with water
1 scoop with oats(this will be done Friday morning can't wait)

Mixed up great without any clumps at all. Like so many proteins where you have to break it up with your spoon , this is not the case. I like the gritty texture it has for sure this is very appealing to me.

Nutrition: 9/10
Well once again for me the 4 grams of carbs does not bother me but for some that are anal this may be a problem. A great pre-bed protein for sure and also great for used during the day as a MRP with oats or other complex source.

Cost- Not sure yet as I have not seen a price on it. I am sure it will be between 25 and 30 bucks for 2 pounds. If its not that would be truely great I tell ya and would be a staple for me. So we will see. If its below 25 it will be a staple as a PB protein is a must for me.

Thanks again Mike and I look foward to having this in my diet for a long time. I will try out the bar this weekened.

Only question left when I can I buy this in stores asap?How the hell one of the online retailers sold out already? dammit

jdiritto
08-17-2006, 09:09 PM
had the first shake tonight.. did 1.5 scoops with a bottle of water poured in.

mixability is great, texture was great. no clumps or difficulty at all, which is a plus IMO, i hate when powders clump up or stick to the shaker.

the taste is good, its not chocolatey, its not peanutbuttery, its a nice lil blend of each, neither is that strong. i could def see drinking it daily. it resembled the bars quite suprisingly, though i like the drink better taste wise.

my next shake will be with skim milk

Sin`cere
08-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Let's send Sin a sample huh? :)

uhockey
08-18-2006, 03:12 AM
Loving the reviews so far, and considering the number of proteins he has tried, I take the Sixpack review as "expert advice." :)

The product is not on store shelves yet (Hell, I've not even gotten the opportunity to try it yet) since our primary goal was to get it to you guys first for some real world opinions.

Keep in mind that those carbs are mostly from inulin, as well. :)

Sixpack
08-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Thanks Mike for the comments, I am by far not an expert, but I just know what taste good and has quality ingredients. This reminded me of Xtreme formulations choclate with PB added loved the texture.

uhockey
08-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks Mike for the comments, I am by far not an expert, but I just know what taste good and has quality ingredients. This reminded me of Xtreme formulations choclate with PB added loved the texture.

Steve will LOVE this quote. :D

Any comparison we can get to UltraPeptide is a feather in the cap.

sawastea
08-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Loving the reviews so far, and considering the number of proteins he has tried, I take the Sixpack review as "expert advice." :)

WTF! When did you guys kiss and make-up? I expected some feedback and then someone calls the other person an idiot and then the other person calls the aforementioned person who called him an idiot, a retard. :D

So much love in the air...

I recd mine yesterday in a ziplock bag, along with the protein bar. I tried 1/2 the bag in water last night and REALLY enjoyed the taste. It wasn't very thick, but it did have a PB taste to it. Mixed easily in a shaker bottle and it cleaned up very easily without any residue. I will try it again tonight, with milk. As long as the price is respectable, AND you guys make this in a 10lb bag, I'll buy it :D

What's the ETA on this to reach the retailers?

uhockey
08-18-2006, 07:03 AM
There is no way it's coming in 10lb bags. :)

I'll let Steve-O handle the ETA questions, since apparently the ETA to me is NEVER. :)

Twin Peak
08-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Having labeling issues actually, so ETA is unknown for now. Should have this resolved within the next week.

Mr. Aries
08-18-2006, 08:42 AM
WTF! When did you guys kiss and make-up?

did you wanna KISS and make-up with me sawastea? it's not too late ya know :D

uhockey
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
did you wanna KISS and make-up with me sawastea? it's not too late ya know :D

I, for certain, do not want to kiss any of you. :)

Dito tried at the Arnold, but he was a good 10 feet away.....I was still creeped out.

Sixpack
08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Hell ya man its the truth I think anyone who taste it will know what I am talking about.

Steve will LOVE this quote. :D

Any comparison we can get to UltraPeptide is a feather in the cap.

Skinnyguy12
08-18-2006, 07:37 PM
have any of the testers ever tried PVL Whey Gourment choc. peanut butter, this is the best tasting protein I have ever had. I drool over it everynight, so I was wondering how sustain compares to PVL if you have had it. thanks

Sixpack
08-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Yes I have and compared both. PVL is very good but i do not know if the protein meets label claims all. Plus "Sustain" is a slow digesting protein and the quality of protein is much better. PVL is a protein concentrate and maybe a little isolate. Also the cost, Sustain being a blend will be around if not cheaper then PVL which is not a blend. I would always opt for a blend if i can get it at the same price as a concentrate or isolate. Taste IMO "Sustain " pulls ahead. THe PB flavor in "Sustain" is stronger IMO then PVL>PVL is very good but i get more of a chocolate taste from it. I willl always opt for a blend enen postworkout as IMO slow digesting protein or fast makes no difference postworkout as I have a normal meal anyways.

have any of the testers ever tried PVL Whey Gourment choc. peanut butter, this is the best tasting protein I have ever had. I drool over it everynight, so I was wondering how sustain compares to PVL if you have had it. thanks

Skinnyguy12
08-18-2006, 08:29 PM
thanks sixpack I appreciate it, I am def. going to be giving sustain a try. I agree with you that PVL just doesnt feel right when it comes to label claims. but that doesnt stop me from enjoying it by the boatload everynight, 2 scoops PVL choc. PB. 1 scoop choc. ON casein, 2 scoops natural PB. 1 tablespoon of cinamon. 1/2 cup carb countdown skim milk and a bunch of crushed ice all mixed up in a big bowl and eaten with a spoon like pudding. Not that you really care I just felt like typing it out so I could look forward to eating it in a few hours

Sixpack
08-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Well thing is yo don't have to add all that to Sustain cause it already taste like PB and its already a blend so no need for any dairy IMO only if u want more and it TASTE better

Nathan1
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I expected some feedback and then someone calls the other person an idiot and then the other person calls the aforementioned person who called him an idiot, a retard. :D

shut up retard!!

:p

njmuscle66
08-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I have to agree with you on the PVL Whey Gourmet Choc Peanut Butter. i was having 3-4 a day and just looked forward to them each time....that being said happy to hear sixpack's and others positive feedback. A blended protein like Sustain is always my preference

I guess I better stand in line behind Mike for my sample

xxghostxx
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I mixed 28 grams Sustain in 15 oz. water. I did not blend this, but did add it to a bodybuilding.com shaker bottle. As this is more than likely the way I'll be utilizing the product daily I figured this would be the best way to review it.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10 As solid a blend of ingredients in a protein blend as can be seen today.

Texture: 8/10 It's not fair to expect malted milkshake thickness from this, especially in water, but it was acceptable for a supplement. What was exemplary in respect to all casein blends I've tried is the fact that this was a completely uniform liquid mixture. Basically I expected some buoyant protein chunks amongst the sea of flavorful goodness. This was not at all the case.

Taste: 10/10 So I intentionally saved my review on the taste for last. The flavor of the product is labeled as Peanut Butter Fudge. I'd like to admit that this is a bit elusive as the chocolate flavor is barely evident, at least to me. So what does the product taste like? Well my best attempt at similarities falls directly on my beloved childhood candy the Chick-O-Stick. This actually tastes like a liquefied version of that. How they got a candy flavoring without the chalky aftertaste of casein from this I'll never know, but I applaud this flavoring and formulation in its entirety.

Overall: Overall this product scores a 93% and if I've learned anything from my years of schooling, that definitely merrits a smiley face sticker or golden star. The flavoring of this product coupled with the nutritional profile has won me over completely. I think Designer Supplements has a hit on their hands with this. If I can afford it, this will definitely become yet another tool in my supplement arsenal.

Thanks for the opportunity Mike and and the rest of the DS crew.

uhockey
08-19-2006, 02:47 AM
If you're actually accurate on the chick-o-stick flavor, I'm sold, and demand DS Next-day-Air me some now. :)

I give all the comments thus far a giant golden star. :D

NATHAN518
08-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Ingredient Profile - 9/10
The profile speaks for itself...a micellar casein blend with only 4g carbs per serving...awesome.

Consistency/Mixability - 10/10
This is IMO what sets SUSTAIN apart from other casein blends (with the exception of maybe XF ultra peptide). The stuff mixed PERFECTLY. I have tried MANY other blends and have always ended up with clumps and residue all over my shaker cup. This did not clump up at all and rinsed right out of my shaker cup.

Taste - 7/10
I should say I am judging taste subjectively...as in how good it actually tastes...not how good it tastes compared to other casein blends (which would be a 10/10). The taste is good...you can definitely catch the peanut butter, which is nice. If the price is right, i would definitely buy loads of this...

young_squatter
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Taste: 10/10 All I got to say is this is the best tasting protein powder Ive EVER had. Im a big fan of ultra peptide but this just blows that out of the water. I mixed it in a blender with 8 oz milk and I poured it over my raw oats and placed in the freezer for 10 min. Took my first bite and I swear I was amazed on the taste. Excellent peanut butter flavor with a nice mild chocolate flavor. I never wanted the meal to end. I have found my new casein protein.

Consitency: 10/10 It had no clumps at all, and my stomach handled it very well.

Mixibility: 10/10 Perfect, I mixed it in a blender on low and with in seconds it was mixed perfectly.

I cant wait for this to be available, Ill be stocking up. I highly recommend trying this over raw oats with milk. Its so gosh darn amazing I want more, to bad im cutting though. :(

Great work.

uhockey
08-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Low carbs and 2g of fiber....plus a slowly digesting blend.....I'd say it's ideal for cutting. ;)

Sixpack
08-19-2006, 01:08 PM
If anything it would be even better when cutting to take away cravings

Twin Peak
08-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Low carbs and 2g of fiber....plus a slowly digesting blend.....I'd say it's ideal for cutting. ;)

That is what I was thinking. Plus its low fat.

jdiritto
08-19-2006, 01:48 PM
had a 2nd shake of the powder today.

1 scoop sustain + 1 scoop ground up steel cut oats + about 12oz skim milk

tasted real smooth. mixed perfectly again. had the same texture. some powders mix poorly in milk compared to water, was no the case with this. had alot better of a taste IMO, i love adding skim milk to choclatey shakes..

was my breakfeast :D this shake defnintly gives you a good full feeling for a few hours!! adding milk + oats only made it better.

uhockey
08-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, honestly, is there anything that milk and oats don't make better?

Perhaps cancer, I guess.

deserusan
08-19-2006, 02:45 PM
It's the best PB and Chocolate protein I've ever had. It kicks Peanut Chocolate Muscle Milk's arse all over the place. I'll get my review up shortly and am wondering when this is going to be in stores so I can order some?

uhockey
08-19-2006, 02:48 PM
The goal for stores is before Sept 1. We have 600 jugs made, but there is a labeling issue which needs to be fixed. Apparently someone was asleep at the wheel when making the labels and those must be remedied. I say just sell it in big black jugs w/o labels. :)

NATHAN518
08-19-2006, 02:49 PM
The goal for stores is before Sept 1. We have 600 jugs made, but there is a labeling issue which needs to be fixed. Apparently someone was asleep at the wheel when making the labels and those must be remedied. I say just sell it in big black jugs w/o labels. :)
how much you want for those 600 jugs? :cool:

deserusan
08-19-2006, 02:55 PM

I actually liked getting mine in an unmarked plastic baggie. It made me feel like blasting some Kenny Loggins and reenacting the warehouse dance scene from Footloose. However, I don't own any Kenny Loggins or a warehouse.

Sixpack
08-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Hell I will buy it without labels I don't care at this point

uhockey
08-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Although we cannot be absolutely sure as to how bb.com and other retailers will price (due to markup/markdown and such) the estimated price for 12 Sustain BARs will be ~$17-20 while the protein will be ~$26-30 for 35+ servings.

young_squatter
08-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I was talking about the oats not hte protein, LOL.

I would live off the protein. :)

deserusan
08-19-2006, 05:01 PM
When I first heard Designer Supplements was releasing a protein powder I was very excited. This is a well respected company and all contact I've had with consultants, reps, and even the owner has been a pleasure. The products I have used by them, Xceed and Vigor, are top notch as well. Here is a link to the full write up for an in depth look into this product:

SUSTAIN™ by Designer Supplements (http://www.designersupps.com/static_site/writeup1_sustain.php)

Formulation: 9 out 10

In the protein supplement market there are hundreds of powders to choose from and as an experienced supplement user I have tried most of them. Through trial and error I have come to learn that protein mixes utilizing both slow and fast absorption proteins are what work best for me in most situations. This contains both whey (isolate and concentrate fractions) and also micellar casein. For me this is ideal for meal replacements and also before bed. I can't wait to get my hands on a full jug!

Mixability and Texture: 10 out 10

I split my sample in half and tried it in both milk and water. I used a shaker cup because that is what I use 95% when mixing protein shakes. Both in water and milk Sustain™ mixed perfectly. There were no clumps whatsoever and the texture was smooth in water and creamy in milk.

Taste: 9.5 out 10

First off, I must admit that I'm a peanut butter junky and crave it sometimes. I eat it daily in the form of natural peanut butter while dieting, and when bulking I always have a large bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my freezer. Needless to say, I have also tried most other peanut butter protein powders out there. In all honesty, this is the best tasting peanut butter and chocolate protein to hit the market. What I find hilarious is that it puts the peanut butter and chocolate Muscle Milk to shame despite not having the high amount of fats and sugars. Some of you may or may not know but I am also a big fan of ErgoPharm Gf-Pro. I feel Designer Supplements' flavoring system could possibly give the ErgoPharm crew a run for their money if they decide to expand the Sustain™ line. Bravo guys!

My Review Resume

The Great CEE vs. Monohydrate Debate (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=10575975&postcount=13)
Deserusan's GAKIC, Anator p70, and LEUKIC Review/Log (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=728112)
Deserusan's ANATOR P70 Final Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=784601)
Deserusan's GAKIC Final Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=782969)
Deserusan's ErgoPharm Mass Meal Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=738507)
Deserusan's Schiek Model 540 Lifting Glove Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=759347)
Deserusan's Xceed Log/ Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=676650)
Deserusan's Leukic Review/Log (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=700994)
Deserusan's InStone Preworkout Intensity Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712268)
ErgoPharm's Cherry Blast GF-Pro....Best Isolate Ever? (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=805843)
Deserusan's Blueberry GF-Pro Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=680345)
Deserusan's MRM Driven Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10492022)
Deserusan's VPX REDLINE RTD Review (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10422487)
Deserusan's Full Review of VPX NO Shotgun (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=848377)
The Government vs. The Supplement Industry (http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=9240744&postcount=42)

:)

uhockey
08-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Des, we love you too. Thnks for the honest review, as always.

Zachattack43
08-20-2006, 02:06 AM
I finally got to try my Sustain. I got in on thursday, opened the ziploc bag and man i could spell that flavor. I forgot to try it out that night as i got sick later at work, so i tried it tonight

Mixability: I always use a fork to mix protein powders, now i dont have much experience with casien blends, but i do recall it being much easier to mix than Mega Milk. I mixed it with 10oz of milk, now it had a few chucks up top, but after i ate those I was DAMN who cares if it chucks thats DAMN good!
So i drank it fast since it tasted great, but i guess i didnt mix it that well for their was some chunks on the bottom, but that didnt matter for it tasted sooo GOOOD
9/10

TasteLike the others have said this really does taste like a peanut butter fudge, and i am very impressed with the taste. I wanted to scoop in some more, sorta satisfied my Wendy's frosty craving that i had earlier in the night: 10/10

Formula:I like the formula and esspecially having micellar casien first in the ingredient profile plus the carbs being fiber, damn I can only imagine if yall had an MRP (yall will right?)
10/10

I will be purchasing some jugs of this at the expo providing that yall will have them there. This is a KEEPER!!!
Thanks for the preview

uhockey
08-20-2006, 03:05 AM
Keep quiet on that mrp idea and let the protein soak in first. :D

Sixpack
08-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Got dammit more funds to the DS team if a MRP comes out lol , that would truely be great. One suggestion model it after VPX's as far as carb choices as I am sure it will only be quality ingredients

Keep quiet on that mrp idea and let the protein soak in first. :D

TimoteoS
08-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Dosing-
1/2 Package- 12 oz Milk
1/2 Package- 12 oz Water

Mixability-9/10- Mixed up just fine in a shaker cup w/ no problems. Tried using a spoon and it clumped so I did have to use a shaker which I normally use for all protein powders.
Texture-7/10- Gritty casein texture which is expected I suppose.
Smell- 3/10- Powder form and mixed it just didnt smell good at all had a very weird, distinct smell to it which was not pleasent at all, it was almost a musty sort of fruity flavor, I cant explain it.
Taste- 2/10- I couldnt stand it, for some reason it just did not taste good to me. It had a very weird taste which wasnt that of a good peanut butter or chocolate flavor. It also had a strong aftertaste of the sweetner which left my mouth dry. I was not impressed at all, Im not sure what it was but I just did not like this. It was bareable the first time but I could not get it down the second time.

I feel weird as everyone is loving this stuff and here I am, cant stand it. Im not sure what the problem was but I just didnt like it. The reviews have been solid all around, I just didnt enjoy it.

Twin Peak
08-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Dosing-
1/2 Package- 12 oz Milk
1/2 Package- 12 oz Water

Mixability-9/10- Mixed up just fine in a shaker cup w/ no problems. Tried using a spoon and it clumped so I did have to use a shaker which I normally use for all protein powders.
Texture-7/10- Gritty casein texture which is expected I suppose.
Smell- 3/10- Powder form and mixed it just didnt smell good at all had a very weird, distinct smell to it which was not pleasent at all, it was almost a musty sort of fruity flavor, I cant explain it.
Taste- 2/10- I couldnt stand it, for some reason it just did not taste good to me. It had a very weird taste which wasnt that of a good peanut butter or chocolate flavor. It also had a strong aftertaste of the sweetner which left my mouth dry. I was not impressed at all, Im not sure what it was but I just did not like this. It was bareable the first time but I could not get it down the second time.

I feel weird as everyone is loving this stuff and here I am, cant stand it. Im not sure what the problem was but I just didnt like it. The reviews have been solid all around, I just didnt enjoy it.

Can't please all of the people, all of the time. Just shows you how subjective taste can be. I think its funny too, how some prefer the bars of the protein, others the protein over the bars.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

uhockey
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Meh, I'll just assume he has no idea what he's talking about. ;) Ghost says Chick-o-stick, until I taste it, I trust ghost. :)

SoMdHunter
08-20-2006, 12:00 PM
First off I would like to thank uhocky for selecting me as one of their sample testers. Designer Supplements makes some awesome products, and I’m sure Designer Nutrition will follow in those same footpaths. Now on with the sample testing.

I got the SUSTAIN sample in the mail a couple of days ago. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a sample of their new protein bar, called The SUSTAIN Bar as well. I'll comment on that product shortly in another post. After my leg routine, on Thursday (17 Aug), I went straight for the protein mix for a quick post workout snack.

Friday (18 Aug) was my shoulder day, so I made a quick shake with my morning breakfast, and then again after my workout. I had just enough left for approximately 1 more full scoop for another shake, which I took this morning after breakfast, even though today of a off day for me.

Aroma I checked to see what type of aroma the powder had. Don’t ask me why, I just wanted to know what it smelled like. It really didn’t have that strong of an aroma, in either fudge or peanut butter. 3 out of 10

Mixability I mixed the protein in with 8oz of cold low fat mail. The powder mixes very easily with a blender on either the crawling setting (slow speed) or the haul ass setting (puree’). I didn’t try it with just using a spoon, since I have never been able to get any protein powders to mix properly this way. 10 out of 10

Consistency Once mixed, the first thing I noticed that was different, was the absence of froth in the liquid. My usual protein shakes have a froth at the top of the shake, somewhat like a “head” on a beer. However, it does make it easier to drink without the froth. 10 out of 10

Taste Designer Nutrition may not like these next comments. This is one protein supplement I do not like. There is a surprising absence of fudge, but this may be due to the over powering taste of peanuts. Don’t get me wrong, you can taste the chocolate fudge, it’s just not as predominant as I thought it would be. The peanut butter taste is very strong, but it really doesn’t appeal to me. Their taste reminds me of old peanuts, where you can tell what they were supposed to taste like, but something is missing. Together, the combined taste of the fudge and peanuts is close to what I think DN is looking for, but not quiet yet. 3 out of 10

After-taste This protein powder gives me the “cotton mouth” afterwards, in that my mouth feels real dry and thick. The after taste isn’t too bad, but I certainly recommend using something to rinse out your mouth after taking it due to the “dryness” it leaves. 2 out of 10

Overall Impression It is strictly my opinion that Designer Nutrition has a good idea with the Peanut Butter Fudge taste, but more tweaking is needed before this product will be accepted with great enthusiasm. The taste is “almost there”, but it missing that certain something. At best it is difficult to explain what needs to be done, other than to generally say it is missing that one thing that sets it apart from its competitors. Still, for those that like chocolate and peanut butter, they may not be disappointed with this product. Overall, I can only give this a 5 out of 10 being that taste is far more important than anything else.

uhockey
08-20-2006, 01:04 PM
SoMd....have you ever utilized a casein based protein in the past? If not, I think we've solved your "cotton mouth" issue. :)

As for the taste....I'm sorry you didn't like it, but the plan was not to make a chocolate protein, instead a damned good PB protein with a bit of fudge flavor. Judging from your comments, I think we did that.

TheUnlikelyToad
08-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Meh, I'll just assume he has no idea what he's talking about. ;) Ghost says Chick-o-stick, until I taste it, I trust ghost. :)

... I want to da-da-da, cuz you're so thick! :D

MuZI
08-21-2006, 05:23 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=11232136&posted=1#post11232136

^ My review.

It deserves a whole thread.

dito
08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Well first off. I don't really like the flavor. If I want peanut butter I'll eat it. With that being said.

The flavor is amazing and I can certainly tell there is a lot of cassien in there. It was a little too peanut buttery and not enough chocolate. But over all very good.

Based on taste and quality I'll give it a 10/10.

NATHAN518
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Well first off. I don't really like the flavor. If I want peanut butter I'll eat it. With that being said.

The flavor is amazing and I can certainly tell there is a lot of cassien in there. It was a little too peanut buttery and not enough chocolate. But over all very good.

Based on taste and quality I'll give it a 10/10.
"ample" casein, huh? :D

dito
08-21-2006, 09:01 PM
More than ample! ;)

Seroph4x
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Excellent feed back.

Elliptical Envy
08-21-2006, 09:05 PM
More than ample! ;)

Looks like it wasn't "ample" fudge for Dito's taste.

dito
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
:)

TinyMan
08-22-2006, 01:13 AM
SUSTAIN Sample #1

1 serving, mixed in a shaker with 8 oz. 2% milk

Taste:

Something akin to drinking a somewhat thin peanut butter. Not too much of the fudge taste in there. As taste goes, it's a bit like if I had blended peanut butter straight into the milk! Would prefer more of a 'balanced' taste between the peanut butter and chocolate, but it's still good. And damnit Designer Supplements, I'm going to be getting a tub of this I think :D. The taste is good, and the rest is solid. Good if you want a peanut butter protein, not so great if you really wanted the fudge.

8/10 for a great taste, although the fudge just didn't deliver!

Texture:

SUSTAIN has a distinctly chalky texture to it. This is a good thing, as it is a fair indicator of there being a large amount of casein (micellar casein in this case). Sticks to the teeth a bit, which is normal for a casein I believe. Very easy to drink.

10/10 - exactly what I'd expect from this sort of a drink. I was neither surprised nor disappointed.

Mixability:

After 5 seconds of shaking, there were no clumps left in the drink itself, however some of it did clump at the top of the shaker and not mix. Not entirely surprising, however I did expect a bit more clumping in the mixture itself.

9/10 for minor clump at the top. May have been a fluke - I can't be sure.

Overall:

Given the prices mentioned before, I would give SUSTAIN an overall rating of 8.5/10. I'm most likely going to get some of this protein, and if the reader of this likes peanut butter flavoring, then should give serious consideration to this one. And after all - here's one flavor that blending with peanut butter won't change the taste :D!

uhockey
08-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Hey hey, look who finally got some Sustain. To kick off this review, let me first say that I've been looking forward to this product since the day I began working at DS. Obviously my knowledge of this product and the way we do business is far greater than any reviewer thus far, so let me simply say that you guys are truly lucky to have it. Every aspect of this product, from the labeling to the packaging to the formulation to the flavor received great attention from everyone at DS. Reading back over the posts on our employee board is really a testament to brainstorming and great minds thinking alike.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10 Suffice it to say I know more than you about the exact makeup, formulation cost, and labor behind this product. When I say this is the best casein based blend on the market, it's no bull****. I didn't know a lot about inulin until we began formulating, but I must say Steve knew what he was talking about on this one. Once we get the writeup out (yeah, a protein writeup, we're nerds) I'll be even more excited.

Texture: 9/10 in water To kick things off, I tried 28g of the powder mixed in 10oz of water using a long tea spoon. Even in comparison to Xtreme Formulations fantastic Ultrapeptide, this stuff blends excellent. No foam, a minimal amount of clumping that went away w/o excess effort, and a very smooth experience. The only thing that prevents this from being a 10/10 is the slight grit, likely caused by the inulin. It's nothing repulsively gritty like San's infusion, but it's not QUITE WPI smooth either. As I normally use protein powders to supplement whole food meals (AKA, topping for oats/sweet potatos/etc) the texture was not even as issue when I cooked up oats this morning. I'll try it over Sweet potatos with added PB this afternoon.

Taste: 9.5/10 I mentioned this in the Sustain BAR thread and I'll say it again here - true Peanut Butter Fudge distinctly lacks an overt "chocolate" flavor and is based far more heavily on Peanut butter with a soft chocolate undergone. So is this protein. I've tried PVL's Peanutbutter, SUSTAIN is better. I've tried Anabolic Innovations Chocolate Peanut Butter, SUSTAIN is WAY better. xxghostxx orgininally compared the flavor to a Chick-O-Stick, and true to form, ghost is frequently a voice of reason on this board....I couldn't have said it better myself. Seriously, considering the macro profile I could definitely see this product mixed with a small amount of water as a VERY adequate Peanut butter replacement for someone following a low fat/low cal diet.

I know the process that went into making this flavor. I know the people involved, the time involved, and the decisions that were made. Having finally tasted the product, all I can say is that the group never ceases to impress. A little more chocolate wouldn't hurt to quiet those who expect PB Fudge to be more like a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, but IMO, if I want chocolate, I'll drink Substance WPI Chocolate Malt. If I want Peanut Butter Fudge, I'll drink Sustain........actually, I have some Substance downstairs......a cocktail is definitely in order.

The only reason this isn't a 10/10 is because I'm saving that for the first company to nail Tiramisu or Creme Brulee WPI. :D

Overall: There's really not much else to say. As someone who follows a very strict diet, new proteins are something I have a great deal of passion for. This is, without a doubt, the best flavored casein based protein I've ever tasted. Considering the low fat + inulin, it is truly remarkable that the flavor is so on-point. There is no doubt this will become my worktime protein of choice (since 2-3 meals a day are oats/peanuts/protein powder in a plastic baggie.) While I could never limit myself to one choice since I have so much love for others (Substance Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Malt, Isobolic Raspberry Vanilla, GF-Pro Blueberry, Nectar Twisted Cherry) I do know that SUSTAIN will be on heavy rotation.

Sixpack
08-22-2006, 05:06 AM
I bet 1/2 scoop substance chocolate malt and 1/2 scoop "sustain" would be mint!!

uhockey
08-23-2006, 02:43 AM
http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=880128

Additionally, yeah, 12g SUSTAIN + 12g Substance Chocolate Malt is fantastic. As is 24g SUSTAIN and 1/4tsp of BSL Chocolate.

Today I aim to use SUSTAIN with a liquified banana and peanut butter as a topping for some whole wheat pancakes. I love time off, this is so much better than oats/whey/peanuts in a shaker.

Sixpack
08-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Damn that sounds good but, as many know I have not time to even try to make something like that 4am to 7pm I am spent at the end of the day, Sounds amazing would be interested to see what receipe u use.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=880128

Additionally, yeah, 12g SUSTAIN + 12g Substance Chocolate Malt is fantastic. As is 24g SUSTAIN and 1/4tsp of BSL Chocolate.

Today I aim to use SUSTAIN with a liquified banana and peanut butter as a topping for some whole wheat pancakes. I love time off, this is so much better than oats/whey/peanuts in a shaker.

user25891
08-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I just want to say thanks again to the DS/DN team for picking me to try their initial entry into the sports nutrition market. I also want to apologize again for the lack of promptness, but I had a death in the family and didnt have the time to give this as thurough a review as was warranted.

Aroma The powder smells like, well, powder. No shock there. After mixing 1/2 the sample in a blender bottle with water, it was passed to my wife for smell testing, as I have a bit of a cold. Upon asking "Whats this smell like?" and recieving the requisite 'are you serious?' face, Wifey took a snort. Her reply? "It smells like peanut butter, and maybe chocolate." Sniff test passed with flying colors! 10 out of 10

Mixability I mixed the protein in with 12oz of lukewarm tapwater in a blender bottle. I use warmer water as it seems to help dispersion of the powder. After about 15 seconds or so of shaking, I let the mix settle. It seemed to be completely and evenly dispersed, and lacked the "foam" at the top that other powders sometimes get. 10 out of 10

Consistency As a personal preference, I like my shakes very thin. This allows for "pounding" when I'm in a hurry, helps reduce bloat, and leaves more room for more food! The powder definitely met my requirements for this criteria. 10 out of 10

Taste Upon drinking, there was a strong, but not overpowering, peanut flavor. I have been waiting on this for years. There was also a hint of chocolate. I can't tell you the last time Ive eaten fudge, so I'll call it chocolate. I think the best way to describe the taste would be sweet, with peanut flavor and a hint of chocolate. I gave some to the wife to try, and even she thought it was "okay" She also hates powders, so an okay from her is an outstanding to everyone else. Also, there was NO hint of a slightly chemical taste, which is also not very common. 10 out of 10

Mouth feel/After-taste I don't know why, but Ive never really noticed the "chalky" taste or mouth feel from Micellar Casein. Im not sure if it is because of my mixing technique, or the fact that Im a freak. It seemed to go down very easy, and left just a bit of a peanut butter aftertaste. 9 out of 10

Overall Impression Overall, I was very impressed with this powder. The taste, texture, and consistency were very nice, perhaps the best Ive had from a packaged protein powder. I haven't bought protein powder in less than bulk quantities (20-30lb at a time) for a long time, but with this powder, I might pick up a can every so often strictly for the taste. I havent eaten for taste in a long time, but the fact that I can now eat for performance, and taste, is very, very nice. Good job, Designer Nutrition, I was very impressed.

uhockey
08-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I just want to say thanks again to the DS/DN team for picking me to try their initial entry into the sports nutrition market. I also want to apologize again for the lack of promptness, but I had a death in the family and didnt have the time to give this as thurough a review as was warranted.

Aroma The powder smells like, well, powder. No shock there. After mixing 1/2 the sample in a blender bottle with water, it was passed to my wife for smell testing, as I have a bit of a cold. Upon asking "Whats this smell like?" and recieving the requisite 'are you serious?' face, Wifey took a snort. Her reply? "It smells like peanut butter, and maybe chocolate." Sniff test passed with flying colors! 10 out of 10

Mixability I mixed the protein in with 12oz of lukewarm tapwater in a blender bottle. I use warmer water as it seems to help dispersion of the powder. After about 15 seconds or so of shaking, I let the mix settle. It seemed to be completely and evenly dispersed, and lacked the "foam" at the top that other powders sometimes get. 10 out of 10

Consistency As a personal preference, I like my shakes very thin. This allows for "pounding" when I'm in a hurry, helps reduce bloat, and leaves more room for more food! The powder definitely met my requirements for this criteria. 10 out of 10

Taste Upon drinking, there was a strong, but not overpowering, peanut flavor. I have been waiting on this for years. There was also a hint of chocolate. I can't tell you the last time Ive eaten fudge, so I'll call it chocolate. I think the best way to describe the taste would be sweet, with peanut flavor and a hint of chocolate. I gave some to the wife to try, and even she thought it was "okay" She also hates powders, so an okay from her is an outstanding to everyone else. Also, there was NO hint of a slightly chemical taste, which is also not very common. 10 out of 10

Mouth feel/After-taste I don't know why, but Ive never really noticed the "chalky" taste or mouth feel from Micellar Casein. Im not sure if it is because of my mixing technique, or the fact that Im a freak. It seemed to go down very easy, and left just a bit of a peanut butter aftertaste. 9 out of 10

Overall Impression Overall, I was very impressed with this powder. The taste, texture, and consistency were very nice, perhaps the best Ive had from a packaged protein powder. I haven't bought protein powder in less than bulk quantities (20-30lb at a time) for a long time, but with this powder, I might pick up a can every so often strictly for the taste. I havent eaten for taste in a long time, but the fact that I can now eat for performance, and taste, is very, very nice. Good job, Designer Nutrition, I was very impressed.

We thank you for both of the excellent reviews. :)

Stonecoldtruth
08-24-2006, 01:35 PM

Your 'labs' do very good testing.. hehe.

user25891
08-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Your 'labs' do very good testing.. hehe.

Our Chief Clinician here at RM Labs would allow nothing less!

TinyMan
08-25-2006, 01:36 AM
SUSTAIN Review #2:

Ingredients:

1 serving SUSTAIN
9 ounces 2% milk
1 tbsp peanut butter

Mixing:

Method: Spoon

Result: I've never had much luck mixing casein products with a spoon, but I figured I would 'give it a whirl', so to speak. I find that in comparison with other casein products, SUSTAIN mixes slightly better. Much of the powder mixes into the milk, however not enough of it. There are chunks that I was distinctly unable to mix in - an unacceptable amount for drinking! I finished this off by using my shaker with peanut butter. Made for a nice smooth peanut butter taste. I would not recommend mixing with a spoon with milk, instead just using a shaker bottle.

Taste:

Compound peanut butter with peanut butter, and what do expect? Duh, peanut butter. It was good. Extra peanut butter-y in fact! Very smooth to boot.

uhockey
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Nice review Tinyman. :)

dito
08-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Holy feck!!!

I mixed about half a scoop of sustain in with a cup of cottage cheese, added enough skim milk to mix.

This is wonderful! Who knew cutting could be so good?

This gets the approved Dito stamp of "it's like making love in your mouth".

uhockey
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Holy feck!!!

I mixed about half a scoop of sustain in with a cup of cottage cheese, added enough skim milk to mix.

This is wonderful! Who knew cutting could be so good?

This gets the approved Dito stamp of "it's like making love in your mouth".

While I don't think we'll put that on our label, I thank you for the review.

My current favorite is 1/2 scoop Sustain and 1/2 scoop GF-Pro apple in Oats. Tastes like a chocolate covered caramel apple, oddly.

cxm
08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
My review

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=888368

uhockey
08-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Wow...

NATHAN518
08-31-2006, 07:35 AM
My review

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=888368
nice review cxm:)

hotstreet
08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I've looked around (here and your website) and I cannot find the nutrient breakdown for Sustain. Is it posted somewhere?

NATHAN518
08-31-2006, 04:43 PM
I've looked around (here and your website) and I cannot find the nutrient breakdown for Sustain. Is it posted somewhere?
One serving provides 4 g carbs (2g fiber, 0g sugar), 1g fat, 20g protein.

hotstreet
08-31-2006, 07:41 PM
What are the caloires and serving size? How many servings per container?

Thanks

uhockey
09-01-2006, 02:49 AM
105 cals per scoop, 28g per scoop, 35 scoops per container.

Joel
09-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Twin Peak wow man ur ripped and swole , what supps did you take? Did SUSTAIN help you get like that?

Twin Peak
09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
SUSTAIN just came out, fool. Other then taste testing, I haven't even used it yet.

Doughboy
09-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Is the bar or the powder in Vitamin Shoppe yet?

Twin Peak
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
They said they already have too many proteins and bars.

Doughboy
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM

They're a bunch of mooks.

40-Yard Dash_2
09-01-2006, 10:39 AM

That's a mighty lame excuse on their part.

panic66
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
ok so im pretty pumped because Mr. Aries let me try one of his sustain bars(thanks again) :D and IMO they are the best bar i have ever had!!!!! but then im all pretty upset cause the bars werent at the europa the same time i was :(

40-Yard Dash_2
09-01-2006, 01:12 PM
ok so im pretty pumped because Mr. Aries let me try one of his sustain bars(thanks again) :D and IMO they are the best bar i have ever had!!!!! but then im all pretty upset cause the bars werent at the europa the same time i was :(

Wow, that big bear actually shared one of his bars? :D

panic66
09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
ha ha believe it or not, he really did!!!

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
DAYUM you ate that thing fast cuz you just left my office 5 minutes ago!!! :eek:

hahahah... Must have went straight home and got on the internet huh? :D

40, see this is how it happened...

He comes into my office, says "you are mr. aries right?"...

I"m like " :eek: WTF???"

lol.. after 10 minutes of chatting, he mentioned he didn't get a chance to try the bar yet.. He and his workout partner seemed to be upstanding guys so I gave them the bar I had in my bag... I figure it'd be a good thing to share with some good guys :)

panic66
09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
DAYUM you ate that thing fast cuz you just left my office 5 minutes ago!!! :eek:

hahahah... Must have went straight home and got on the internet huh? :D

40, see this is how it happened...

He comes into my office, says "you are mr. aries right?"...

I"m like " :eek: WTF???"

lol.. after 10 minutes of chatting, he mentioned he didn't get a chance to try the bar yet.. He and his workout partner seemed to be upstanding guys so I gave them the bar I had in my bag... I figure it'd be a good thing to share with some good guys :)

It wasnt like i was being a stalker or anything I promise :D

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 01:24 PM
It wasnt like i was being a stalker or anything I promise :D

hehe actually i was quite flattered :D

it just felt strange to hear the words "MR. ARIES" rather than seeing it typed. :p

panic66
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
yea i thought that would throw you off, and i guess it did!

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 01:34 PM
yea i thought that would throw you off, and i guess it did!

definitely... showing up to work at 1PM, i never quite imagined someone would walk into my office and say " you mr. aries right? "

:eek:

i was like "holy shiet is someone here to assassinate me for something i said on the boards? :D"

panic66
09-01-2006, 03:54 PM
definitely... showing up to work at 1PM, i never quite imagined someone would walk into my office and say " you mr. aries right? "

:eek:

i was like "holy shiet is someone here to assassinate me for something i said on the boards? :D"

ha ha no, just to beg for a sustain bar :D

deserusan
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM

I've given you a "pass" :p

blinky99
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
so when does the powder hit BB.com other places have it but are sold out.

Joel
09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
SUSTAIN just came out, fool. Other then taste testing, I haven't even used it yet.

So is it common practice at DS for you to release your products on the Public without extensive testing them yourself? Is it safe to say you never took Superdrol? If you did , was it before you released on the Public?

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
So is it common practice at DS for you to release your products on the Public without extensive testing them yourself? Is it safe to say you never took Superdrol? If you did , was it before you released on the Public?

lol@joel..

it's a protein bar man.. steve had plenty of them at the europa show.. i think he lived off of them for a couple of days.

uhockey
09-01-2006, 07:26 PM

I can answer this, but I won't since it's Steve's business.

I can say that I personally have used every product in DS's current lineup and enjoy all of them a great deal, except for Melting Point, which although efficacious, makes me feel too crummy to work 10+ hours a day plus go to the gym after 3 weeks of use.

Twin Peak
09-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Holy Christ you are a tool. Let's pick this carcass clean, shall we?

1) I said that I have not used SUSTAIN, except for taste testing.

2) That was in response to you asking the moronic question of whether SUSTAIN gave me my size.

3) SUSTAIN is a PROTEIN -- for a protein to impact your physique, it will need to be used over a long period of time -- its like food, asshat.

4) I said that I took the SUSTAIN, but only a few times when we tweaked the flavors.

5) The ingredients in SUSTAIN (micellar, whey and inulin) I have been using for years and years as have MANY hundreds of thousands of other bodybuilders.

THEREFORE:

6) I used SUSTAIN before it was released to the public. Where did you get the impression I did not? Your ass?

7) Your jumping to illogical and false conclusions so that you can spin a sad story is not only silly, its dumb.

CONCLUSION:

8) Joel is a tool and a moron.

EXTRA CREDIT: What else is wrong with Joel's post? So much, shall we....

9) Superdrol was made and sold by DS before I was involved with DS.

10) DS did alpha test it in house, with bloodwork, and with folks from the boards.

11) When I had no affiliation with DS, I was one of the alpha testers. That is how I got to know Matt. I ran a two week cycle. This was AFTER the picture in my avatar, btw. I have since run 2 more two week cycles. I have not used any PH/PS in well over a year.

12) DS in house tests and then alpha and beta tests every product before it is on the market.

13) Some, like a bar or a protein, require mere taste testing. Others, like Reloaded require us to determine the appropriate dosage, etc, and so we get bloodwork. Have you not seen all the bloodwork for Reloaded? All of that was BEFORE it hit the market.

14) Since I have been affiliated with DS we have released Melting Point, Basic Cuts, Reloaded, SUSTAIN and the Bars, Activate, XCEED, and I have used each and every one in some capacity prior to its commercial availability. So have many other with respect to each product.

We all clear now son? Take care.

Viperspit
09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
^^^ Repped :D

fitnfirm
09-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Joel you have been T.P'd :D and OWNED :D

Joel
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
5) The ingredients in SUSTAIN (micellar, whey and inulin) I have been using for years and years as have MANY hundreds of thousands of other bodybuilders.

5) Good to know there is nothing new or special about SUSTAIN, I will stick to my regular protein that I have been using for years.

Joel
09-01-2006, 09:46 PM
we appreciate the lack of business from you joel.

seriously. ;)
Actually I took some Lean Extreme before, and cant say I was impressed

nni
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
seriously though joel, its a protein supplement, what are you expecting? the tastes have gotten good reviews, and so has the mixibility for a cassein product.

lay off a bit.

edit.... how did my edit get posted above my post?!?!?!

Joel is magic!!!!

Joel
09-01-2006, 09:48 PM
seriously though joel, its a protein supplement, what are you expecting? the tastes have gotten good reviews, and so has the mixibility for a cassein product.

Good to know its just another average protein product

nni
09-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Good to know its just another average protein product

twist words my man. some time down the road, you will have something to offer.

try sustain, i venture to say you will enjoy it. then you can start a poll or something about it.

seriously though, you are grasping at straws here. relax. :)

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
it's a GREAT protein product.. but protein is just protein.. It is one of the very best in the protein category and provides a nice change-of-pace to the user.

Mr. Aries
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
it's pretty obvious to me that most of the time, joel is just posting things for the sake of getting rises out of people, or just setting little mini-traps to catch you off guard.. It's mostly for entertainment purposes I think.

he analyzes every post looking for ways to bend and twist the words, which is quite funny at times.

panic66
09-01-2006, 11:22 PM

yeah, but do bad the dont have a protein bar like this! :D

Seroph4x
09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
i'll be giving it a go

Twin Peak
09-02-2006, 12:35 AM
it's a GREAT protein product.. but protein is just protein.. It is one of the very best in the protein category and provides a nice change-of-pace to the user.

bump for Joel

fitnfirm
09-02-2006, 12:41 AM
bump for Joel

Here, I brought coffee and Oats for the long wait, hehe

Twin Peak
09-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Here, I brought coffee and Oats for the long wait, hehe

I have been kind and provided Joel this helpful link before.
unfortunately, he did not pay attention, one more time pal O mine:

http://www.rif.org/

ab-swing asianbabe
09-02-2006, 03:30 AM
1. Pictures on BodySpace absolutely 1000% MUST be of the user. They should NOT be funny pics, pics of pros, morphed pics, hot baby pics, or ANYTHING ELSE. This is VERY important to get this started in the right direction!

I actually do like you Joel, but I really don't see any violation of the rules here.. I honestly don't think that there is anything wrong with posting a picture of yourself in your best shape.

Yes TP is a board rep, but so what? Being a board rep doesn't mean that your body is 100% a result of the supps you represent, what ever happened to diet and training...???!!! :( supps aren't the be all and end all, but I'm sure you already know that. Also, what about the newly recruited reps with their pics up, will you be singling out all of them, or not let them post their photos until they are fully dosed up with their company's products?

If you are after "current" pics, doesn't that pose a problem... how current would you consider current, should we be taking photos of ourselves every morning, or everyday, every second? I mean heck, drinking a bottle of water will make you a few grams heavier, so that photo you took a couple of minutes ago is already inaccurate and flameworthy....?

I think I better take my photos down too.

Joel
09-02-2006, 03:32 AM
I actually do like you Joel, but I really don't see any violation of the rules here.. I honestly don't think that there is anything wrong with posting a picture of yourself in your best shape.

Yes TP is a board rep, but so what? Being a board rep doesn't mean that your body is 100% a result of the supps you represent, what ever happened to diet and training...???!!! :( supps aren't the be all and end all, but I'm sure you already know that. Also, what about the newly recruited reps with their pics up, will you be singling out all of them, or not let them post their photos until they are fully dosed up with their company's products?

If you are after "current" pics, doesn't that pose a problem... how current would you consider current, should we be taking photos of ourselves every morning, or everyday, every second? I mean heck, drinking a bottle of water will make you a few grams heavier, so that photo you took a couple of minutes ago is already inaccurate and flameworthy....?

I think I better take my photos down too.

Ask TP how old that pic is

And yes your right, Im sure there are old and new Reps who are trying to sell Products that they have never even used. Its a scandalous industry, and I would never Rep products that I didnt personally use and get results from. Let me guess, you will be the next Thermo-Babe ?

And at the end of the day, what really matters is the BB.COM LAW :

Rules apply to everyone. There aren't certain avatar rules for reps/mods/etc. These rules were made by Ryan not the mods.

Pictures should somewhat represent what you look like these days.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

raprazant
09-02-2006, 03:35 AM
joel, stop please.

Joel
09-02-2006, 03:37 AM
joel, stop please.

I have nothing else to say about it.

uhockey
09-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Joel has been allowed to continue, while my post was deleted. Interesting intepretation of the rules considering this is the company promotion forum.

ab-swing asianbabe
09-02-2006, 05:17 AM

And yes your right, Im sure there are old and new Reps who are trying to sell Products that they have never even used. Its a scandalous industry, and I would never Rep products that I didnt personally use and get results from. Let me guess, you will be the next Thermo-Babe ?

And at the end of the day, what really matters is the BB.COM LAW :

Lol @ bb.com law... well lets try to interpret it. I'm a law student, but by all means not great at deciphering the law, let me know if I am getting it wrong :o

Perhaps firstly it would be helpful to define "somewhat"

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite
some·what (smhwt, -wt, -hwt, -wt, -hwt, -wt)
adv.

To some extent or degree;

Secondly, lets apply it to the present situation:

The criterion set out is actually quite low, so, on the balance of probabilities can you really argue that TP's avatar is NOT to some extent or degree representative of himself? I think not.

Sixpack
09-02-2006, 05:51 AM
I must of missed this

Joel has been allowed to continue, while my post was deleted. Interesting intepretation of the rules considering this is the company promotion forum.

Twin Peak
09-02-2006, 06:45 AM
As I have said previously, that picture was me in my best shape immediately prior to a major rotator cuff tear -- three years ago. In the past year and a half, I have been quite lax in my training and my diet. For a mere 8 weeks now, I have been training steady and hard, and am quite near the size and strength I was in that photo.

As I have said to you several times now Joel, ask anyone who was at the Europa if I am a small guy. Despite repair of my rotator cuff I benched 240 for 27 reps. A large part of the speed of my comeback is due to DS supplements thank you vet much.

NATHAN518
09-02-2006, 06:48 AM

it seems someone is a bit jealous...;)

Sixpack
09-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Damn Impressive Steve

As I have said previously, that picture was me in my best shape immediately prior to a major rotator cuff tear -- three years ago. In the past year and a half, I have been quite lax in my training and my diet. For a mere 8 weeks now, I have been training steady and hard, and am quite near the size and strength I was in that photo.

As I have said to you several times now Joel, ask anyone who was at the Europa if I am a small guy. Despite repair of my rotator cuff I benched 240 for 27 reps. A large part of the speed of my comeback is due to DS supplements thank you vet much.

raprazant
09-02-2006, 08:39 AM
What in the hell are you talking about??? I deleted HIS offending posts and told HIM to stop. Unreal.

blinky99
09-02-2006, 03:19 PM
so when does this stuff get to bb.com

uhockey
09-02-2006, 04:47 PM
so when does this stuff get to bb.com

As soon as the monkeys at the printing press get to work! They botched our first set of labels. As soon as the new ones are in, we have a whole truckload ready to roll out and a great contest to coincide with release.

Joel
09-02-2006, 06:50 PM

Congratulations ! Cant wait to see your new pics so I can view how well the DS products are working.

Sixpack
09-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I am telling ya this stuff would sell like hot cakes without labels lol
J

As soon as the monkeys at the printing press get to work! They botched our first set of labels. As soon as the new ones are in, we have a whole truckload ready to roll out and a great contest to coincide with release.

uhockey
09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Congratulations ! Cant wait to see your new pics so I can view how well the DS products are working.

When are we going to get a picture of Joel? I imagine that with the amount you run your mouth you must have a pretty stunning masseter.

Phosphate bond
09-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Top Quality protein. I wish more mixes were like this. In fact, this seems like an ideal daily combination to use. (It would definitely be my top choice. Although I have not tried Xtreme Formulations ultra peptide yet)

Taste: 9.5/10 (very smooth chocolate with a subtle peanut butter flavor blended in)
Texture: 9.5 10 (nice instatizing)
Utility: 10/10 (taking a bigger serving of a slower protein sure beats many whey shakes spaced together)

uhockey
09-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Top Quality protein. I wish more mixes were like this. In fact, this seems like an ideal daily combination to use. (It would definitely be my top choice. Although I have not tried Xtreme Formulations ultra peptide yet)

Taste: 9.5/10 (very smooth chocolate with a subtle peanut butter flavor blended in)
Texture: 9.5 10 (nice instatizing)
Utility: 10/10 (taking a bigger serving of a slower protein sure beats many whey shakes spaced together)

Thanks Russ, always a valued opinion.

Joel
09-02-2006, 08:52 PM
When are we going to get a picture of Joel? .

Soon !

Im running a couple of cycles of SuperDrol, then Im going to take pictures. I will select the best picture for my Avatar, and then I will begin my Rep Position for a Company (you wont believe who picked me ). Im hoping my Avatar will get peoples attention and attract more interest in the products Im going to represent.

young_squatter
09-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Mike you got to get this stuff out now, lol. Im seriously craving the taste in my oats. Sustain+milk poured over uncooked oats is so darn good, especially with an extra tablespoon of peanut butter. :)
Lets getter rollin :D

Twin Peak
09-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Joel, why don't you just post your best picture you have ever taken, at any time, in any capacity? We could all use a laugh. Please?

Stonecoldtruth
09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Joel, why don't you just post your best picture you have ever taken, at any time, in any capacity? We could all use a laugh. Please?

You want to see his baby pictures?

Kohen_Gadol
09-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Can everyone please put your SUSTAIN™ feedback here. This is for the protein only, not the bars.

Please comment on whatever you feel is appropriate. Also, rate the flavor on a scale of 1-10.

Sounds great - looking forward to trying it considering I had a bad experience with a competitor of yours and their protein mix.

Good luck guys...I like the direction you're taking DS in.

BK

Kohen_Gadol
09-02-2006, 10:12 PM
it's pretty obvious to me that most of the time, joel is just posting things for the sake of getting rises out of people, or just setting little mini-traps to catch you off guard.. It's mostly for entertainment purposes I think.

he analyzes every post looking for ways to bend and twist the words, which is quite funny at times.

Repped!

Could not have said it any better myself.

BK

Joel
09-03-2006, 12:00 AM

I could , but Im not here to show off or promote products. And I dont see the point of posting a picture of what I *used * to be. Im not ready for that yet, Im still in my prime :)

Joel
09-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Repped!

Could not have said it any better myself.

BK

Oh cmon BK , you can say anything better than anyone else - Or are you losing your touch ?

uhockey
09-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Sounds great - looking forward to trying it considering I had a bad experience with a competitor of yours and their protein mix.

Good luck guys...I like the direction you're taking DS in.

BK

Thanks, I'd say the newer stuff is worth us being proud of in terms of market appeal and quality.

blinky99
09-22-2006, 11:52 AM
tick tock tick tock waiting

nni
09-22-2006, 12:04 PM
wiating for what?

if it is for the arrival of sustain, it should ship within a week and be online within 2 weeks.

its worth the wait.

Vegas Lord
09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
wiating for what?

if it is for the arrival of sustain, it should ship within a week and be online within 2 weeks.

its worth the wait.

Cool, i'll have to save some "cabbage" for Sustain (when i get back from the expo... but, thats if i DO go at all). :confused:

On a side note, does Sustain have that grainy feel that Ultra Peptide has? I'm really digging the milk isolate protein....you can feel a differance with it!

nni
09-22-2006, 12:37 PM
i noticed no grainy feel, but i mix it with the personal mixer that bb.com gives as a freebie.

uhockey
09-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Cool, i'll have to save some "cabbage" for Sustain (when i get back from the expo... but, thats if i DO go at all). :confused:

On a side note, does Sustain have that grainy feel that Ultra Peptide has? I'm really digging the milk isolate protein....you can feel a differance with it!

Honest to goodness, no, and I was VERY suprised by this.

fish153
09-26-2006, 12:39 AM
wiating for what?

its worth the wait.

looking forward to this!

phant0m
10-01-2006, 09:01 AM
is there a vanilla flavor? also can anyone tell me the supplements facts.... (grams of proteing, amino acids )

beer20
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
is there a vanilla flavor? also can anyone tell me the supplements facts.... (grams of proteing, amino acids )
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/design/sustain.html

uhockey
10-02-2006, 02:25 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/design/sustain.html

This thread was for the protein powder and you posted a link to the bar. Congrats. :)

uhockey
12-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Just wanted to add these reviews here for the sake of completeness:

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=988797&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=987579&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=979463&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=960528&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=877778&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=955153&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=950311&highlight=sustain

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=917810&highlight=sustain

DrnkMnky
01-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Designer Nutrition Sustain
Peanut Butter Fudge
Find it HERE on Bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/design/sus.html)

Mixability:
Very easy to mix with a spoon or shaker. Dissolved very well.

Taste:
I really liked this taste. It is almost something to look forward to. I always mixed it with milk or in a homemade MRP. It really made my MRPs taste incredible which includes ground oats, natural PB, banana, skim milk, and sustain.

Overall:
10 / 10
This is a great pre-bed protein blend with a great profile. It is kinda pricey, but if you have the money it is worth it IMO. I will purchase this again.

uhockey
01-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Pricey? So is a BMW. You get what you pay for. :)

twinnett
01-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I love sustain, but I would love to see it in other flavors too!! hint hint

petefox
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Pricey? So is a BMW. You get what you pay for. :)
It makes me laugh how people buy these other conditionally-essential products, yet the ones most important they nickle & dime it.. Sure, Gakic is gonna allegedly boost your bench by 12000%, but they buy a cheap 20lb whey in a dogfood bag.. :)

I consider my protein part of my food intake, if I buy lean sirloin why not a good whey? Yes, I invest in the Beemer.. ;)

uhockey
01-07-2007, 02:23 AM
I love sustain, but I would love to see it in other flavors too!! hint hint

We're working on it. We have 4-5 under works, but no ETA yet. NoLimits will be our next release.

It makes me laugh how people buy these other conditionally-essential products, yet the ones most important they nickle & dime it.. Sure, Gakic is gonna allegedly boost your bench by 12000%, but they buy a cheap 20lb whey in a dogfood bag.. :)

I consider my protein part of my food intake, if I buy lean sirloin why not a good whey? Yes, I invest in the Beemer.. ;)

Gakic is a good product, IMO, but I agree with what you're saying. It's like anything else in life. Sure a suit from S&K fits, but an Armani looks better. Sure a Fossil Watch keeps time, but a Baume & Mercier is obviously better made. For the average guy who wears a suit once or twice a year, the cheap stuff is fine. For the business executive who wears it daily, it's nice to have something that is high quality. Point being, just because something is "expensive" does not mean it is better......but just because something is cheap doesn't mean it is the best option, Quality is what matters.

petefox
01-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I guess I'm the only one Gakic doesn't work for.. :D

Jamesstout
01-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Yes I have and compared both. PVL is very good but i do not know if the protein meets label claims all. Plus "Sustain" is a slow digesting protein and the quality of protein is much better. PVL is a protein concentrate and maybe a little isolate. Also the cost, Sustain being a blend will be around if not cheaper then PVL which is not a blend. I would always opt for a blend if i can get it at the same price as a concentrate or isolate. Taste IMO "Sustain " pulls ahead. THe PB flavor in "Sustain" is stronger IMO then PVL>PVL is very good but i get more of a chocolate taste from it. I willl always opt for a blend enen postworkout as IMO slow digesting protein or fast makes no difference postworkout as I have a normal meal anyways.

any in the uk?

EMISGOD
02-11-2007, 05:41 PM

I will do a full review after the tub is gone, but for now, while I will note that it mixes astonishingly well, I'm not a big fan of the peanut butter flavoring, which after-tastes slightly bitter or burnt, almost like over-roasted peanuts. It also overpowers the chocolate a bit more than I would like. In fact, I think I would rather have it as just straight chocolate. I will admit that this smells like a small dose of heaven, though. I do also recognize that it must have taken an awesome amount of effort and was probably a real bitch to even get this close.

As for the profile, I think it is one of the better ones, if not THE best outright. I really do wish it came in different flavors and I stand ready to serve if you would like me to choose from samples which one I think you should go with next. :)

Flavor rating: 5.5 - 6.0

To give you an idea of what this rating means, here are some other flavor ratings. The ON flavors, except for Chocolate Mint, are 2 - 4s. ON Chocolate Mint is a 5. BSN Syntha-6 Vanilla is an 8, BSN Syntha-6 Strawberry is a 9, maybe 10. DE Orange Dreamsicle is a 7. 4Everfit Orange is a 7.5, maybe 8. Scitec Nutrition's line ranges from 3 to 6. SAN Infusion Wildberry Yogurt is a 6, maybe 6.5. GNC 100% Whey is a 6. Gaspari's IntraPro Strawberry is a 6, maybe 6.5. DS Sustain is a 8, maybe 8.5. ISS Whey Matrix is a 5. ISS Advantage Matrix is a 3.5 - 4. If Sustain was straight chocolate, I'd suspect it would be at least an 8...

xjae
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Ordered mine for $27.99, not a shabby deal.

Nutrition
8/10
20 grams of protein per serving is too little IMO, maybe 23-25 grams would've been better but I won't complain, I mix it with milk anyway.

Consistency
9/10
As soon as I shook this thing I left it for a minute and no clumps whatsoever. It was perfect, the texture was great too. It wasn't thick like Optimum Nutrition's Casein.

Taste
9/10
Great taste but after a couple of days I got a little bit sick of it. I still love it and I believe it's one of the top Casein products out there.

I hope my review helped you guys!

uhockey
02-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Ordered mine for $27.99, not a shabby deal.

Nutrition
8/10
20 grams of protein per serving is too little IMO, maybe 23-25 grams would've been better but I won't complain, I mix it with milk anyway.

Consistency
9/10
As soon as I shook this thing I left it for a minute and no clumps whatsoever. It was perfect, the texture was great too. It wasn't thick like Optimum Nutrition's Casein.

Taste
9/10
Great taste but after a couple of days I got a little bit sick of it. I still love it and I believe it's one of the top Casein products out there.

I hope my review helped you guys!

Nice Deal. I wish bb.com had slightly better prices on all our products, but glad you found a more affordable means to enjoy it.

uhockey
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Yet another! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2132071

drxmn
04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yet another! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2132071
hehe...I really love the stuff!

gunmetalgolfer
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Why has it been discontinued on BB.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/design/sus.html

Stonecoldtruth
05-11-2007, 08:49 AM

They are temporarily out of stock at bodybuilding.com, and when they do not have a solid date of shipment, they show things as discontinued. Rest assured that Sustain is not being discontinued, and there are still other places that have it in stock for the interim.

SCT

TE
05-11-2007, 09:09 AM
awesome stuff. mixes flawlessly in a shaker. Tastes like real peanut butter fudge. my wife asks if I've been eating peanuts after I drink a shake. (she hates the smell of peanuts)

uhockey
05-11-2007, 09:19 AM

^^Question^^
VV Answer VV

They are temporarily out of stock at bodybuilding.com, and when they do not have a solid date of shipment, they show things as discontinued. Rest assured that Sustain is not being discontinued, and there are still other places that have it in stock for the interim.

SCT

awesome stuff. mixes flawlessly in a shaker. Tastes like real peanut butter fudge. my wife asks if I've been eating peanuts after I drink a shake. (she hates the smell of peanuts)

LoL. It is damned fine.

ZDub212
05-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Sustain is one of the best products on the market. Here's my review!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2686691

petefox
05-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Yup, my last shake was Sustain with natural peanut butter in water.. It's almost over!

ZDub212
05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Yup, my last shake was Sustain with natural peanut butter in water.. It's almost over!

To put it bluntly...It's so damn good. I don't know how you guys did it :)

uhockey
05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
To put it bluntly...It's so damn good. I don't know how you guys did it :)

The first ingredient is love! :)

ZDub212
05-11-2007, 10:12 PM
The first ingredient is love! :)

INGREDIENTS: Love, Pure undenatured low temperature processed Micellar Casein (from milk) Ceramic microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Massive Adiction Flavoring, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose. (Note: Soy Lecithin is only used as a manufacturing aid in the production of Whey Protein.)

murph
05-20-2007, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=uhockey;13509554]We're working on it. We have 4-5 under works, but no ETA yet. NoLimits will be our next release.

Any updates on those new flavors?

uhockey
05-21-2007, 03:48 AM
No updates on new flavors.....we can't even keep our orders filled for the ones we make now! If we want to get new flavors out faster, we'll need to raise prices on the older ones in order to make more money per bar, and no one wants that! Slow and steady wins the race. :D

ZDub212
05-21-2007, 06:13 AM
No updates on new flavors.....we can't even keep our orders filled for the ones we make now! If we want to get new flavors out faster, we'll need to raise prices on the older ones in order to make more money per bar, and no one wants that! Slow and steady wins the race. :D

Will there be new flavors of the powder as well?

Colin O'Malley
05-22-2007, 02:32 AM
I trid a sample packet of both the var and the powder and resuts are very mixed.

The bar was excelent,up there with Detours but with a batter source of porotien i.,e.not just whey.

One of the best tastig bars on the market,IMO.Colduse a couple more grams of inulin to serve as a dieting MRP though,increasing satiety and such.

The powder,OTOH,was awful.Initial taste was mchemical-esque and the after taste was up to par with moiuth wash.that said,I bought a box of the bars and after two sips of the po9wder,chucked it down the sink.

nni
05-22-2007, 06:42 AM
i dont think we had sample packets of sustain.

Dwizzo
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Today I tried my first sustain shake... When I drank it, I saw the face of God!!! This stuff (Peanut Butter Fudge) is the best tasting protein drink I have EVER tasted!!! Wow... I felt like I was drinking something fatty and bad for me... Like a reeces peanut butter cup frosty or something... So delicious!

BTW, I just mixed it with water, no milk or anything... Right before bed I'm going to make another one and try it with a bit of skim milk... I think that will be too much for me though, I will definitely never be able to drink another protein shake with as much enjoyment as before now that I've tried this sustain stuff... Wow...

OK, enough of that... Now I just hope it works well as a nighttime protein as I'm now officially making it my daily nighttime protein! :)

petefox
05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
It's a great nighttime protein, 2 scoops in 15oz rice milk for me every night.. ;)

40-Yard Dash_2
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Today I tried my first sustain shake... When I drank it, I saw the face of God!!! This stuff (Peanut Butter Fudge) is the best tasting protein drink I have EVER tasted!!! Wow... I felt like I was drinking something fatty and bad for me... Like a reeces peanut butter cup frosty or something... So delicious!

BTW, I just mixed it with water, no milk or anything... Right before bed I'm going to make another one and try it with a bit of skim milk... I think that will be too much for me though, I will definitely never be able to drink another protein shake with as much enjoyment as before now that I've tried this sustain stuff... Wow...

OK, enough of that... Now I just hope it works well as a nighttime protein as I'm now officially making it my daily nighttime protein! :)

Glad you enjoy it so much. This seems to be the general consensus.

murph
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Will there be new flavors of the powder as well?

bump...the new flavors mentioned in the new edition of the mag sound sweet

ZDub212
05-22-2007, 09:47 PM
bump...the new flavors mentioned in the new edition of the mag sound sweet

For the powders or the bars? Which flavors were mentioned?

Stonecoldtruth
05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
For the powders or the bars? Which flavors were mentioned?

You'd know if you read the mag.. I'm disappointed in you Zach.

ZDub212
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM

:eek: :(

ZDub212
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM

I just read the 2nd edition...I didn't see it anywhere :confused:

Stonecoldtruth
05-22-2007, 10:54 PM
I just read the 2nd edition...I didn't see it anywhere :confused:

I'm at work right now, I'll check it out when I get home and get back to you. I am not sure if it was 1st or 2nd edition that it was in.. or either.. I was just giving you ****. ;)

ZDub212
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm at work right now, I'll check it out when I get home and get back to you. I am not sure if it was 1st or 2nd edition that it was in.. or either.. I was just giving you Sustain. ;)

Please do! :D

Stonecoldtruth
05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Please do! :D

Excerpt from ID Magazine #1:

SUSTAIN? - New Flavors!
With Peanut Butter Fudge SUSTAIN?, Designer Supplements released what many have heralded
as the best protein ever made on several fronts including: taste, texture, mixability, and the
formula. SUSTAIN? is an exceptionally high quality blended protein that features micellar casein
as its first ingredient. SUSTAIN? is also the first (and surely not the last) protein to add inulin, an
insoluble fiber that exerts positive effects on body composition, improves the texture, mixability,
mouth-feel and taste of the protein. Many users have also noted that SUSTAIN? is the ?best
protein they have ever tasted?, and that it is even better then the high fat proteins on the market. Our
flavoring team is hard at work to identify new and exciting flavours that will be do justice to ?the
best tasting protein ever made.? We can't say which flavors will be released, because frankly, we
won't release any flavor unless we're sure it reflects the best. That said, our team is working on
multiple flavours including: cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, mocha cappuccino and key lime pie.

ETA: Unknown

SCT

ZDub212
05-23-2007, 12:07 AM
key lime pie

That sounds damn fine.

uhockey
05-23-2007, 03:49 AM

I use it as both.

Glad you enjoy it so much. This seems to be the general consensus.

Word.

SUSTAIN? - New Flavors!
With Peanut Butter Fudge SUSTAIN?, Designer Supplements released what many have heralded
as the best protein ever made on several fronts including: taste, texture, mixability, and the
formula. SUSTAIN? is an exceptionally high quality blended protein that features micellar casein
as its first ingredient. SUSTAIN? is also the first (and surely not the last) protein to add inulin, an
insoluble fiber that exerts positive effects on body composition, improves the texture, mixability,
mouth-feel and taste of the protein. Many users have also noted that SUSTAIN? is the ?best
protein they have ever tasted?, and that it is even better then the high fat proteins on the market. Our
flavoring team is hard at work to identify new and exciting flavours that will be do justice to ?the
best tasting protein ever made.? We can't say which flavors will be released, because frankly, we
won't release any flavor unless we're sure it reflects the best. That said, our team is working on
multiple flavours including: cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, mocha cappuccino and key lime pie.

ETA: Unknown

SCT

Finally, we don't make sample packs, so who the hell knows what Eddie was talking about.

IntensityX
05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Why has Sustain been discontinued at the storefront I went to order some but it's no longer available??????

ZDub212
05-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Why has Sustain been discontinued at the storefront I went to order some but it's no longer available??????

It has not been discontinued. This was an error from bb.com. It is currently available from other online stores, but it should be back at bb.com at some point.

NKWulf
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
It has not been discontinued. This was an error from bb.com. It is currently available from other online stores, but it should be back at bb.com at some point.

its frustrating though... :( I like bb.com...they are fast. YOu every go through Sustain withdrawls...its not pretty.

IntensityX
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM

Ok good I was scared for a moment :D

ZDub212
05-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok good I was scared for a moment :D

FEAR NOT! :)

Dwizzo
05-29-2007, 08:22 AM
OK, so I know that Sustain is supposedly only "out of stock" and bb.com put "discontinued" because they don't have an ETA on when they will get more in, but...

Now Sustain is out of stock from the other online store I have been buying it from... I called them up and they put me on a brief hold and told me that it has been "discontinued"...

What gives???

nni
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM
it is not discontinued at all. it is waiting to be restocked. i have no idea why you are being told that.

Dwizzo
05-29-2007, 08:37 AM
it is not discontinued at all. it is waiting to be restocked. i have no idea why you are being told that.

That's what I figured, but it's been like 3 weeks now of it being out of stock at bb.com... And now other places are starting to run out... So some sort of ETA or additional information would be nice...

Is there a problem in manufacturing or something? I read in another post that someone said "We are having some problems with the flavoring."

nni
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
i dont think there is an issue with the flavoring, that may have been in reference to future flavors, my guess would be that getting lx 2.0 and activate xtreme have taken precedence in the order of things. ill see what i can do with getting an eta, but like all dates ds, if will be flexible ;)

IntensityX
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
It's a conspiracy dammit it's a #@$#@$ conspiracy I tell you :mad:

:p

MaddenMuscle
05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I just spoke with the guy from Nutra, he said it has been discontinued by the Manufacturer.

IntensityX
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I just spoke with the guy from Nutra, he said it has been discontinued by the Manufacturer.

WTF :confused:

nni
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
excellent.

MaddenMuscle
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
excellent.

How can we stop this madness?

nni
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
ehh they will have it back in stock eventually. the stuff sells out fast, so this kind of sucks for everyone. the great sustain drought of '07.

MaddenMuscle
05-29-2007, 01:32 PM
There is no ETA?

IntensityX
05-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I know the problem you see when Uhockey said the first ingredient was love the boys at DS are now literally putting love in Sustain so if you see some creamy white stuff it aint white chocolate :D

nni
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
no eta as of right now, at least none that i know of. i know other projects are very close, so i would guess that they have taken precedence to get out first.

blackdream71
05-29-2007, 05:01 PM

cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, mocha cappuccino and key lime pie.

SCThmmm, that's interesting...

Mocha Cappuccino sounds good.

petefox
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I know the problem you see when Uhockey said the first ingredient was love the boys at DS are now literally putting love in Sustain so if you see some creamy white stuff it aint white chocolate :D
Yeah, there's simply too much stress, and no hookers when you call for one.. ;)

uhockey
05-30-2007, 04:00 AM
The story is this, boys and girls.......we're working hard on lots of new products and Sustain is one of the many. It was good......we want it better and more affordable to the customer......once we achieve that, it will be back, and likely with other flavors.

MaddenMuscle
05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for clarifying

JCAZ2010
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
The story is this, boys and girls.......we're working hard on lots of new products and Sustain is one of the many. It was good......we want it better and more affordable to the customer......once we achieve that, it will be back, and likely with other flavors.

awesome!

Dwizzo
06-06-2007, 10:13 PM

Sorry to not let this die, but I'm not entirely convinced that's the complete truth...

Sustain was/is a great product, sold like crazy, and people loved it... So why would you stop making it before the replacement was ready? You should simply keep manufacturing Sustain as is until you are finished creating the new "better and more affordable" version...

I think there was a problem with Sustain, or the manufacturing process... Otherwise it's a pretty poor business decision to have it out of stock for 1+ month on bb.com and counting simply because you are trying to make it "better and more affordable"...

Sorry for ranting, I'm just upset cause I like it so much and you guys took it away :)

Stonecoldtruth
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry to not let this die, but I'm not entirely convinced that's the complete truth...

Sustain was/is a great product, sold like crazy, and people loved it... So why would you stop making it before the replacement was ready? You should simply keep manufacturing Sustain as is until you are finished creating the new "better and more affordable" version...

I think there was a problem with Sustain, or the manufacturing process... Otherwise it's a pretty poor business decision to have it out of stock for 1+ month on bb.com and counting simply because you are trying to make it "better and more affordable"...

Sorry for ranting, I'm just upset cause I like it so much and you guys took it away :)

Sustain is a great product, and yes many people love(d) it, but the fact remains that due to some flavoring/mixing issues we were forced to temporarily discontinue it. There are other products that are currently higher priority, but Sustain is still one of our favorites too!

SCT

Dwizzo
06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Sustain is a great product, and yes many people love(d) it, but the fact remains that due to some flavoring/mixing issues we were forced to temporarily discontinue it. There are other products that are currently higher priority, but Sustain is still one of our favorites too!

SCT

Thanks, that makes more sense... I'll stay tuned for what comes next :)

RIP - Sustain - Circa April 2007 :(

petefox
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
It's not an RIP, it's a vacation of sorts.. ;)

uhockey
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Exactly

Zachattack43
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM

now i can save my money:D

uhockey
06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
now i can save my money:D

Or send it to me?